• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Hacking Help

Cheezkid

Smash Rookie
Ok so I downloaded Pikezers Brawlex off of Brawl Vault. It works perfect except when I go to the character select there's a problem. I only see the original characters!!(and with the exception of yoda for some odd reason) When I switch the costumes I'll see those characters like Mr Krabbs under Wario and Sponebob under Ness but I don't get the full selection with characters like gyrados and dragonite like I saw on the picture for the mod. I have a good feeling that it might be the way my files are placed. But I don't know. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum area I'm new here. So if anyone could help that would be great. Thanks guys.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Welcome to the forums!

Do you have the CSSRoster.dat in the BrawlEx folder, and the modified Common#.pac files? Those are needed to load edited character selection screens. If those weren't included, the pack probably uses the Custom CSS code, which should have been included in a GCT in the download. Yoda appears to be inserted in place of Meta Knight, so that's why he appears.

Last edited:

Cheezkid

Smash Rookie
yes I have that CSSRoster.dat. Where should i find the common.pac files? and where is the gct

Last edited:

Cheezkid

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the forums!

Do you have the CSSRoster.dat in the BrawlEx folder, and the modified Common#.pac files? Those are needed to load edited character selection screens. If those weren't included, the pack probably uses the Custom CSS code, which should have been included in a GCT in the download. Yoda appears to be inserted in place of Meta Knight, so that's why he appears.
also the only GCT i have is the RSBE01

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The Common.pac files go in /private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/. You should have a Common2.pac, a Common3.pac, and a Common5.pac. They all should have been included in the download. If not, you can get the Common2.pac here, and the Common3.pac here. (since Yoda is appearing, I'm assuming you have a Common5.pac)

Last edited:

Cheezkid

Smash Rookie
YOU ARE THE BEST! IT WORKS NOW! I guess the first time when i copied the download to my sd card it didn't move the system file. Thank you so much for helping me throughout this whole time. Me and my friend are very grateful

JRojas1019

Smash Rookie
Hey can any of you guys help me out? im trying to get help in applying the pikzers brawlex hack pack for my wii but somethings going wrong. I was wondering if you can please help me out? I have everything i need i believe. A copy of SSBB, 32gb sd card, hacked wii with homebrew, hombrew browser,gecko, & riivolution. I installed pikzers brawlex hack, un zipped it and passed it over to my sd card but somthings going wrong pllllleease help!

a purple dragon

Smash Rookie
High, so I have a problem with the code that allows me to be a fake (false) character. I know this code doesn't work with
Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Wolf, Sonic, and Zero Suit Samus, but some of the characters (like Peach) crash the game. If anyone could help I could really appreciate it. What's weirder is if I pick another character in Subspace Emmisary (like Zelda) kill myself, and swap to Peach, it works perfectly fine.
Here's the code as well.
4A000000 90180F20
140000B4 00E81219
E0000000 80008000

Last edited:

ThoseUpAirsThough

Smash Apprentice
J JRojas1019 What's even the issue? You never actually listed it. If it's Gecko OS saying Too many lines... then get a gameconfig.txt and put it in the root of your SD card. It's also possible however that the build doesn't have the SDHC Extension code in the GCT.

a purple dragon

Smash Rookie
J JRojas1019 What's even the issue? You never actually listed it. If it's Gecko OS saying Too many lines... then get a gameconfig.txt and put it in the root of your SD card. It's also possible however that the build doesn't have the SDHC Extension code in the GCT.
No, what's happening is in All Star, Subspace Emmisary, and other modes it can read the just about all the fake characters fine, but whenever I go into Classic, Training, or just a regular battle most of them crash the game. And I don't mean like an error message, I mean it straight up won't load the stage and just stays on the stage select screen.

Last edited:

ThoseUpAirsThough

Smash Apprentice
a purple dragon a purple dragon If I read that correctly, sounds like a softlock. Pretty sure this is caused by some important files for the character(s) being missing. I don't remember which files correctly but the PM + BrawlEx guide's Troubleshoot section can say that.

a purple dragon

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm back again. So I figured out how to mod character costumes, but is there a way to get their default look back for their costumes?

a purple dragon

Smash Rookie
I'm having a bit of a problem, so I was able to get mods working (costumes not other characters) but with Peach's 3rd costume I just can't seem to get it to go away. I tried extracting it, replacing it, I even deleted the file itself and put a different costume in, but it just WON'T go away. What makes this even weirder is that the other costumes actually get replaced but the 3rd one will ALWAYS remain the same. If anyone could help me with this annoying bug I would really, REALLY appreciate it.

a purple dragon

Smash Rookie
Hi, so there is a voice pitch gecko code I found for Brawl, but I don't really know how it works. The P's are what changes the pitch right?
4A000000 8061CCE0
60000006 00000000
32000024 00000000
4A100000 00000244
E2000001 00000000
62000000 00000000
58010000 00000004
DE000000 80008180
58010000 00000060
340000D8 81000000
58010000 000000D8
58010000 00000050