• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Disc doesn’t work.Help me.

Peashooter405

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-7150-9822
What happens is that the intro screen delays a bit when loading,after that the intro screen appears but the music stops playing and an error screen appears that the disc can’t be read.However,to continue playing Smash Bros Brawl I have to put my Brawl disc after the error screen again while waiting for a few minutes and after that is when I can finally play,however my Wii makes weird noises after getting to the main menu and I can only play for a few minutes,because then another error screen appears.Ejecting and putting the disc doesn’t work!So I have to turn off my Wii,boot up Brawl again,Eject and put my Brawl disc again after a non functional intro screen,play for a few minutes,error screen,repeat.Ugh is so annoying!And no,I don’t wanna to use a lens cleaner for my Wii.So please!Help me to fix my Super Smash Bros Brawl disc please!I really like that Wii game!No lens cleaner.Also using toothpaste to fix my Brawl disc doesn’t work.

Please dont tell me I have to use a lens cleaner.

P.D I don’t use USBloader

Last edited:

Peashooter405

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-7150-9822
What happens is that the intro screen delays a bit when loading,after that the intro screen appears but the music stops playing and an error screen appears that the disc can’t be read.However,to continue playing Smash Bros Brawl I have to put my Brawl disc after the error screen again while waiting for a few minutes and after that is when I can finally play,however my Wii makes weird noises after getting to the main menu and I can only play for a few minutes,because then another error screen appears.Ejecting and putting the disc doesn’t work!So I have to turn off my Wii,boot up Brawl again,Eject and put my Brawl disc again after a non functional intro screen,play for a few minutes,error screen,repeat.Ugh is so annoying!And no,I don’t wanna to use a lens cleaner for my Wii.So please!Help me to fix my Super Smash Bros Brawl disc please!I really like that Wii game!No lens cleaner.Also using toothpaste to fix my Brawl disc doesn’t work.

Please dont tell me I have to use a lens cleaner.
P.D Also i don’t use USBloader.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I know you don't use USB Loader, but this is the moment you should start, from what i have read your SSBB disc is dead beyond repair, if you keep doing this over and over again you might end up severely damaging your Wii's laser.

Exactly why don't you want to use an USB Loader? You only need a 4GB SD card or USB and you will finally be able to get rid of issues with your Brawl disc, not only that but you will also get access to the best homebrew games and emulators, like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Pingus, SRB2, QuakeGX, Not64, WiiSX, FCEUX, SNES9XWii among many others.

In fact, if you agree i can guide you through all the steps needed to install one (Brawl iso not included though, you will have to get it yourself, not from your disc because it's too scratched)

D

Deleted member

Well sounds to me like you only have two options.

1. Buy another Wii. But this is honestly a bad option because Wii's with working disc readers are getting harder to find, and two You are spending money when you really dont have to

2: Get your Wii softmodded, buy an SD card and a flash drive, or portable HDD. Install The Hombrew Channel and download USB loader GX. It a relativelly simple process. It'll save you money, and all your games can be back up.

So idk you make your decision, but No. 2 is what I would go for tbh..

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikasmash1

Smash Rookie
I have the same issue problem too as well. The game disc dies on me 2 weeks ago and it's not running at all, so I just started a new account and my 1st time here. So help me out here anyone please.

Peashooter405

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-7150-9822
Also my Cirka orange GameCube controller doesn’t works.Thanks guys for the support though.

Last edited:

Peashooter405

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-7150-9822
I had to use USBloaderGX to get Brawl working.Thanks guys!Hope that I can get a Disc cleaner for Brawl though.

Peashooter405

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-7150-9822
Also,The website where I downloaded Brawl tricked me by saying that is the NTSC version when in reality is the PAL version.Alao hope that I can get a NTSC Brawl ISO because the only place where I get the Brawl ISO doesn’t works sometimes by saying that there’s many people downloading the ISO.

Top Bottom