• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Automatic Polygon Deleter A

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
*No version, I consider previous versions failures, until it works for everyone who wants to use it, any fixes will simply be labeled with letters.*

1.)Export the model of the character from their ##.pcs or ##pac. Rename it to model. Leave it as mdl0.

2.)Open up the character/stage/whatever in Brawl Box go to the model previewer.

3.)Un-check polygons until you find the one you want to delete(unless you already know).

4.)Expand the character model file and go into the folder that says polygons, click on the polygon you want to delete. On the right is the mdl0 offset and the Totallen.

5.)Put those in when the program asks for it.

Thanks for the Awesome Video Tutorial by Wacka Alpaca:Here

*Note: Take away the - sign from the mdl0 offset when you put it in.
MediaFire-A
Megaupload-A
Please report any errors or glitches.

*Do not have the same file your deleting polygons from open in BB, it will not work, you can have the original brres open and delete polygons from the mdl0 though*

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
This looks amazing and very helpful! I'll try it out tomorrow, you've just made this a hell of a lt easier the ones who can't hex. (me) :)

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Oh hoo hoo. I'm about to try it right this minute, I will post pictures of success if successful :)

So far so good :3. Removed Peach's... pendent I guess you would call it. Going to remove everything but her head, then I will post pics.

humble

Smash Ace
Oh hoo hoo. I'm about to try it right this minute, I will post pictures of success if successful :)

So far so good :3. Removed Peach's... pendent I guess you would call it. Going to remove everything but her head, then I will post pics.
ooorrr, delete everything but her dress, then put it as an article over Marth's swordglow so we can finally play as Martha. :laugh:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
ooorrr, delete everything but her dress, then put it as an article over Marth's swordglow so we can finally play as Martha. :laugh:
o_o no thanks. I was just going to use this so I can easier vertex edit because, long story short, you delete all parts but your vertex you are editing and you can see the model whilst editing... Makes it easier to make Rosalina ;)

yugi1818

Smash Cadet
how did you get it to work?
L-A-T-E-R-A-L-U-S
Help a noob in need :p

TheZac268

Smash Rookie
Do you have to have Windows Vista to use this?? Because, i have a friend that can do it on his Vista laptop, and I can't! I have Windows XP, and nothing i do works... This sux because I can never do any freakin hacks with my freakin computer and its really pissing me off! So I just wanna know if you have to windows Vista or not!?!

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Do you have to have Windows Vista to use this?? Because, i have a friend that can do it on his Vista laptop, and I can't! I have Windows XP, and nothing i do works... This sux because I can never do any freakin hacks with my freakin computer and its really pissing me off! So I just wanna know if you have to windows Vista or not!?!
No, I made it on XP and use it on XP.

If you pm everything in your folder I should figure out what's wrong.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Works well i just can't seem can't seem to get the .txt file with the removed polygons back to .mdl0 other than that it works like a charm

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Even though it shows up as a txt file, you can still open it in BrawlBox.

My problem is that it doesn't seem to work. I deleted 3 polygons using the program, but they still appear in BB.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Doesn't work for me, it still works like a .txt file, and I cannot change it back.
Maybe the next version should auto-save it as a mdl0 file?
Google how to change file extensions for whatever system you're running on that how i managed to change it back to a .mdl0 file
Oh and SqLeon you should add this to the OP that when it asks for mdl0 offset not to put a - in front of the numbers it won't delete the parts if that's there

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't work for me, it still works like a .txt file, and I cannot change it back.
Maybe the next version should auto-save it as a mdl0 file?
If I can figure out how. Also, it might work if you, open the folder, go to tools, then folder options, go to the view tab, and scroll down until you see hide extensions for known file types, uncheck that. Then try renaming. This should allow you to change the file extension.

Google how to change file extensions for whatever system you're running on that how i managed to change it back to a .mdl0 file
Oh and SqLeon you should add this to the OP that when it asks for mdl0 offset not to put a - in front of the numbers it won't delete the parts if that's there
good idea

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Oh is that what I was doing wrong?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hah, it worked! Now I can continue working on that Lakitu AT mod....

EDIT: Oh yeah, in case anyone is wondering, you do NOT have to change it back to mdl0. Just open the txt file up in Brawl Box and export the mdl0(after checking that the changes worked, of course) and save it with whatever name you want. Hope that helps out with the confusion anyone was having. :)

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
does it work for stages as well?
I hope so, that was one of the reasons I made it, I'm trying to make a stage and have to delete 70+ polygons, no way I'm gonna hex all of them off. I haven't tried a stage but it should work.

Also side note to peoples who have used the program: I think there are some vertices that have 2 parts to them. And if you only delete one part, the part you deleted looks as if it wasn't fully deleted and deformed. If anyone comes across such an error, please let me know. I need to check if it's that or something wrong with the program. Just a theory.

Also the next version will not require mdl0 offset input or totallen input for characters.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
This is insane =3 Any know what's Ike's sword glow polygon, so I can delete it?

Is it even a polygon? 0_o

Nintens

Smash Rookie
I hope so, that was one of the reasons I made it, I'm trying to make a stage and have to delete 70+ polygons, no way I'm gonna hex all of them off. I haven't tried a stage but it should work.

Also side note to peoples who have used the program: I think there are some vertices that have 2 parts to them. And if you only delete one part, the part you deleted looks as if it wasn't fully deleted and deformed. If anyone comes across such an error, please let me know. I need to check if it's that or something wrong with the program. Just a theory.

Also the next version will not require mdl0 offset input or totallen input for characters.
I've encountered something like this when I tried to delete Ness' backpack polygons. I deleted polygons 13, 14 and 15. Everything looked fine in BrawlBox, but ingame the backpack straps (Polygon 15) were deformed and sticking out of his pants. Here's a picture to show what I'm talking about:

pokelover980

Smash Ace

It should be in the FitIke.pac, no numbers. If it's not in there it's in the FitIkeMotionEtc.pac file.

Eldiran

Smash Lord

It's a graphic; you can remove it by removing all "Sword Glow" events in Ike's PSA.

My own endeavors with the polygon deleter have been rather successful. I am thiiiis close to removing Jigglypuff, but I'm stuck.

After deleting all of Jiggly's polygons, I have this:

It works perfectly on all stages (probably), but I don't know how to eliminate that last... whatever it is.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
How would I delete only part of a Polygon? Like only deleting Olimar's nose.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I just deleted Ganon's head. I feel satisfied. Does that mean I'm the Hero of Time now?

EDIT: When people talk about replacing a sword glow with a model, how exactly would that be useful? Wouldn't they just be swinging around an impaled model part?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I just deleted Ganon's head. I feel satisfied. Does that mean I'm the Hero of Time now?

EDIT: When people talk about replacing a sword glow with a model, how exactly would that be useful? Wouldn't they just be swinging around an impaled model part?
You can position the "sword glow" wherever you like. Example: fortwaffles replaced a sword glow with a big fox head and attached it to Ike's head, thus creating... Ike with a big fox head.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I've encountered something like this when I tried to delete Ness' backpack polygons. I deleted polygons 13, 14 and 15. Everything looked fine in BrawlBox, but ingame the backpack straps (Polygon 15) were deformed and sticking out of his pants. Here's a picture to show what I'm talking about:

Interesting i did the same thing and removed the backpack and straps but the straps didn't look that bad in-game

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I know that if I delete Luigi's hat, his hair will still be invisible, even though it's visible in BrawlBox. However, would it be possible to replace his hat with his hair? Would I just export his hair's vertex group and replace his cap's vertex group with it?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman

Thank you.

I tried removing it, got the same effect, then removing it on both the pac and pcs, got the same effect, then tried hexing it off, got the same effect, tried hexing it off of the polygon file itself, got the same effect, still more trial and error left, will post if I fix it.

It's a graphic; you can remove it by removing all "Sword Glow" events in Ike's PSA.

My own endeavors with the polygon deleter have been rather successful. I am thiiiis close to removing Jigglypuff, but I'm stuck.

After deleting all of Jiggly's polygons, I have this:

It works perfectly on all stages (probably), but I don't know how to eliminate that last... whatever it is.
I think this is the same thing as the ness problem, will try to fix.

Top Bottom