• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Joins GENESIS 3 Lineup; Isai Returns!

Thanks to the work of the Super Smash Bros. 64 community, the game has returned to Genesis. Last time, Super Smash Bros. 64 was a side event featuring few but notable players like Isai, SuperBoomFan and JaimeHR. The game will be joining Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Melee as one of the three main events.

This will be the first major tournament that 64 legend Isai will be participating in since winning APEX 2014. Ever since then, majors such as APEX 2015, Super Smash Con and Smash Of Ages have been won by SuperBoomFan, who himself placed 3rd at APEX 2014.

Are you hyped for 64? Popi sure is. Share the hype with him by shooting him a follower on his Twitter @AdmiralPopi.

Comments

Isai is back! Awesome! Easily one of my favorite players. Also, glad to see that the 64 community is keeping it alive! I don't play it competitively, but I appreciate the community and the players. This will be an awesome event!

Along with seeing Isai again, it's really great to see 64 as a main event with Melee and 4 this time instead of a side event. It's quite unique and the Hitstun is real.

What? It's amazing how people still play this game from ancient times.
It stands out surprisingly well compared to the other games and it is a cherished relic.

Sure the game is as old as I am, (I played it off the wii shop for 10$ with a GCN controller) but the amount of 0-deaths and combos are off the charts.

This is gonna be pretty cool! I wonder hoe Isai will fare with the players who have been practicing more. That, and I'd love to see him against Kero, the guy who did super well at ssc.

Top Bottom