• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4:Theme

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'm new to this whole making threads thing so just bare with me.

Alrighty.each ssb game had an essential theme 64 had toys that came to life while melee's transition towards the whole trophy aspect was so popular it stayed for brawl. As for music iwhat should it be for the new smash bros
What I'm asking for here is the a discussion on the look and feel of SBB4 I personally thinkthe next smashbros should have 64's character selection screen
it was cool to see them do a dance when you selected them so how do you guys think the look and feel of the next smash bros should be

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Never really thought about this but I don't think Brawl really had a theme it was just the SSE that was kind of the theme or the story of the game. So, I think with Smash 4 that the theme will just be whatever the adventure mode is.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
The theme in brawl was more in the music at the end of sse you know the whole opera thing

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought the Brawl main theme was great, it reminded me of repeatedly watching the trailer, lol. Honestly though, I prefer Melee's theme. I have faith that whatever the new theme will be, it will be good, especially if Uematsu makes it again. Plus the two other themes will probably return again anyway.

As for actual "theme" of the game, I'm guessing they'll probably stick with trophies again, although the communication, linking, and customizing of the two games will probably influence the theme in some way.

Aesthetically, I hope the select screens, menus, and general navigation is closer to Melee than Brawl. I thought the darker color scheme fit better, and the menu screens and navigation were gave more of a Smash-feel. In Brawl, the menus and navigation seemed fairly haphazard and... sort of childish (something I don't usually have a problem with, but it didn't really fit with the style of Smash, at least to me). But Sakurai seems to have had the same menu style since Air Ride now, so I'm guessing the theme to the navigation screens and menus will be closer to Brawl than Melee ore 64. The 3DS one will probably be close to Uprising's menu style.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I want a hologram motif, but try to combine it with the trophy concept.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I definitely feel they should come up with a new theme or return the 64's theme, maybe even combine all three's into one big theme with a couple tweeks here & there. I loved the Toy theme, if they could do that with WiiU capabilities.....I might fall in love

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'd rather they ditch the whole Toys/Figurines come to life in imagination to fight.

I'd like if it was more that the characters all existed in their own dimension but those worlds were clashing. Hence the name Super Smash Bros Clash. I only figure it'll be clash because it has 5 letters like melee and brawl.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Selectible themes seem to be the right way to go here maybe even some dlc themes (free of course ) imagine a ssb4theme centred around your favorite character similar to the SA2:battle when you could choose character themes for your preference.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would like to see Toys again, to be honest.

Toys is something that defined my childhood, and when playing Smash Bros, other than playing with Videogame characters, I feel like I'm playing with virtual action figures.

So I say that's a theme that was really fitting IMO. The trophy concept isn't bad, and maybe the rag doll concept worked because of the N64 limitations making the characters themselves look like rag dolls... But I do miss the latter.

They should definitely bring back the character animations for character selecting.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Off topic: Your ostproject Melee 2 Jpeg has malware in it I think.
On: I loved all the motifs of smash, all of them have lended themselves so well to writing our own motifs (fanfiction) in it's flexibility. In SSB64 Master Hand may have been your nextdoor neighbor who was a jerk and played toys with you, see?
Ah well, I would love to once again experience a new and unique motif, as well as the return of the old trophies and toys.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Off topic: Your ostproject Melee 2 Jpeg has malware in it I think.
On: I loved all the motifs of smash, all of them have lended themselves so well to writing our own motifs (fanfiction) in it's flexibility. In SSB64 Master Hand may have been your nextdoor neighbor who was a jerk and played toys with you, see?
Ah well, I would love to once again experience a new and unique motif, as well as the return of the old trophies and toys.

Maybe I should take down the picture just in case would anyone be opposed to customizing themes and display menus to fit your preference.

umegames

Smash Cadet
I think Sakurai really wants ssb4 to be different from its previous. I dont see the themes coming back, however the wiiu and 3ds themes will be the same i'm sure.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I sensed an increase of epicness through the evolution of the themes, so I hope the next theme will be freaking epic.
This is a music I often fantasize to hear in the trailer of the next SSB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDGRRacZjkg

Just to make you understand the level of epicness I want.

Top Bottom