• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that one mentioned her. It just said Ridley's a Stage Hazard, King K. Rool's not playable, Dixie's not connected to Diddy and online will be better.
Is there a link to that leak? It's not in the OP.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
and here's an official picture from the site (same as the other 100 quality, 50 error)
View attachment 7081
according to this online tool, the official picture actually has more errors than the leaked picture

conclusion: this online tool is useless and unreiliable in this situation
The 3DS corner cut out should cause an error as it's added in post... By theory this would support the leak...

splat

Smash Lord

Something I whipped up quickly. I noticed people mentioned the positions of the two being off - in that their feet wouldn't match up - so there's this to show that they do stand on the same horizontal line. The red lines are her bones, which stop at her ankles. Her feet don't give too much height (as shown in Uprising's artwork), so I'd say it fits in that aspect at least.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

Something I whipped up quickly. I noticed people mentioned the positions of the two being off - in that their feet wouldn't match up - so there's this to show that they do stand on the same horizontal line. The red lines are her bones, which stop at her ankles. Her feet don't give too much height (as shown in Uprising's artwork), so I'd say it fits in that aspect at least.
But Mario has never been shown that way in a 3DS screen shot yet.

So Rosalina as a newcomer in SSB4 is a secret?
No, can you just leave me alone or should I block you for harassment?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
If I were Sakurai I would've posted a screen on Pit looking at Rosalina on battlefield with the caption "Are you a goddess too?", but the Viridi pic is good trolling too.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ZWARRI!

I can't see any fatal flaws with this picture...

Could it be... Real?
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

-Arthur Conan Doyle

or to put it in simmilar terms "if you leave an egg in an empty box and the egg gets crushed the cause must lie within the egg itself"

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
It's his bottom half down, which is all that matters in this case.
edit: Not directed at Splat, but anyone who thinks because Mario shares some similarities in poses that it means the Palutena image is fake...
You do realize that inevitably there will be two screens that are the same or nearly the same. I'm sure I could find two pictures of a character on the official site that look really close. Mario has the same idle animation across the two platforms. So finding a screen of his legs means absolutely nothing. I could take a screenshot of Brawl right now, upload it and you could tell me it's fake because you found some other screenshot of Brawl posted online that resembles my screen. The problem with finding things that are "close but not exact" is that you're forgetting that these are sourced from the same character, and the same idle animation so it actually makes sense for it to be close. If Mario were to be flipping out during his idle animation like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM then you and other people would be right but that's not how these games animate.

Edit: Found some fake screens on the official Smash Bros site guys. Looks like Sakurai has been trolling:
Kirby is basically the same here. Some simple photoshopping has clearly been done.

Also I think MegaMan may not be in the game check this out. It's not exactly the same but close enough for a shop:

I'm starting to think Smash Bros is an elaborate hoax and actually doesn't exist. Too many animations happen to be the same. :(

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
You do realize that inevitably there will be two screens that are the same or nearly the same. I'm sure I could find two pictures of a character on the official site that look really close. Mario has the same idle animation across the two platforms. So finding a screen of his legs means absolutely nothing. I could take a screenshot of Brawl right now, upload it and you could tell me it's fake because you found some other screenshot of Brawl posted online that resembles my screen. The problem with finding things that are "close but not exact" is that you're forgetting that these are sourced from the same character, and the same idle animation so it actually makes sense for it to be close. If Mario were to be flipping out during his idle animation like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM then you and other people would be right but that's not how these games animate.
I think you completely missed the point of my post. Have you even read it?
I'm not saying the image is fake because the poses are similar, not at all. I grabbed Mario's legs from a different source to find his total height - top of his head to the bottom of his soles - so that I could compare it to Palutena's height, in order to see if their feet would line up horizontally like they should do in Smash (as the characters are positioned on a 2D plane). They do.

If anything, it only gives me the impression more that the image is legit.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
splat, the guy who has broken down leaks and fake imagines, is saying that this one is looking more legit?

mother of god, . . .
splat, is there anyway you can confirm, or at the very least prove this thing false?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Edit: Found some fake screens on the official Smash Bros site guys. Looks like Sakurai has been trolling:
Kirby is basically the same here. Some simple photoshopping has clearly been done.

Also I think MegaMan may not be in the game check this out. It's not exactly the same but close enough for a shop:

I'm starting to think Smash Bros is an elaborate hoax and actually doesn't exist. Too many animations happen to be the same. :(
Those screenshots are clearly fake. It's too squishy to be true. JELLYBEANS CONFIRMED

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I think you completely missed the point of my post. Have you even read it?
I'm not saying the image is fake because the poses are similar, not at all. I grabbed Mario's legs from a different source to find his total height - top of his head to the bottom of his soles - so that I could compare it to Palutena's height, in order to see if their feet would line up horizontally like they should do in Smash (as the characters are positioned on a 2D plane). They do.

Ok. My bad. I saw a couple of posts earlier that were along those lines and so I wasn't only responding to you. I had planned to make this post for a while so yeah. I'd agree with you. Again a slip on on my part!

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Double post, please don't kill me:

I saw this on Gaf, had a good laugh back when it came out and realized that even though it's a joke years later we got some of these.

Characters from this that we actually got:
Diddy Kong
Pit
Animal Crossing Guy
Wolf
Mega-Man
Sonic
Wario
DeDeDe
C. Olimar+Pikmin
Dark Link Skin

Pretty awesome to think if you just throw a bunch of random hilarious characters that some will probably come true. No one ever thought we'd get Sonic and Megaman in Smash and that's why they're placed along side such ridiculous characters as Batman and the Hulk.

I look forward to Naruto in Smash 5.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The reason why the fotoforensics isn't working I think has to do with the outlines around the character. Do to those it tricks the system into thinking that they are clearly an outside source. I think this pic of the day is meant to even bring up more hype over Palutena's supposed reveal. I think she get's revealed tomorrow since Omega, the symbol on her belt means 24. Personally I think these are real, they would have proven fake a long time ago.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, the forensics might help though, due to the fact it appears there was not layering differences between Palutena and Mario when I did it. That would mean they are on the same layer, which would be very hard to photoshop.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So about Viridi being shown today, and of course her stage is a 3DS stage, as it should be since uprising is from the 3DS, I do NOT think Sakurai reacts to leaks like everyone is saying.

instead consider the high possibility that palutena is meant to be revealed soon and that is how the leaker got a picture of her in the first place. This Viridi pic might have been already scheduled build up to palutena. I'm not saying that this is simplly a coincidence it happened so close to the leak I'm just saying I don't think nintendo reacts to us but rather that the leak we got only happened because of how close palutena is to being revealed officially.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^ That just takes the fun out of the Sakurai trolling!

Although at this point I'm just inclined to believe the image is legit, so whenever he decides to show her is fine by me.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the OP should be updated with everything we know about this pictures, there are alot of guests after all so it'll give them something to get all the info they need from.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^ I agree. It'd be alot better to have all the major points on the front page, so people don't have to wade through 50 pages of nothing.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So about Viridi being shown today, and of course her stage is a 3DS stage, as it should be since uprising is from the 3DS, I do NOT think Sakurai reacts to leaks like everyone is saying.

instead consider the high possibility that palutena is meant to be revealed soon and that is how the leaker got a picture of her in the first place. This Viridi pic might have been already scheduled build up to palutena. I'm not saying that this is simplly a coincidence it happened so close to the leak I'm just saying I don't think nintendo reacts to us but rather that the leak we got only happened because of how close palutena is to being revealed officially.
please dont kill the fun

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
4chan is on the case again. Then again I swear this **** happens everyday so it's most likely nothing.

Hello! I know there have been a lot of “leaks” lately so of course, believe what you want . I don’t have as much info as some of the other people who have shared things in the last few weeks, but I thought I’d fill you all in on some new things I’ve found out.

I work for a ~PAL Region~ Nintendo office. I won’t say which one because obviously I need to keep my location and identity a secret!

Some time in the next few months (most likely around April) there will be Smash demos installed on Wii U and 3DS demo stations that are currently at certain retailers (in my region- not sure about other regions plans for this but I imagine they’re the same). The Wii U version of the demo has been finalized and we have the code at our offices. That’s what I’m here to share info on.

DEMO CONTENT

The demo is simply a standard four-stock battle mode. This is the only content available in the demo, and only a small selection of stages and characters are available.

DEMO STAGES

>Battlefield
>Skyloft
>Smashville
>Wily’s Castle

DEMO CHARACTERS

>Mario
>Link
>Samus
>Pikachu
>Donkey Kong
>Pit
>Kirby
>Fox
>Mega Man
>Villager

Don’t ask why these characters were chosen for the demo, I don’t know! (I wish Wii Fit Trainer was in, I’m most excited to play her)

DEMO ITEMS

Items can be turned on and off, but the “item select” screen isn’t available. As far as I know, not all items from the final game are in the demo, even ones that have been revealed so far by Sakurai (for example, Assist Trophies and Pokeballs are not in the demo)

THE TRAILER

The demo has a trailer that plays after the title screen has been left idle for 2 minutes (retail workers can expect to see this trailer a lot!), and while it DOES show shadowy silhouettes of some new characters, nothing “new” is shown. There is some gameplay footage of veterans that haven’t been officially revealed yet (such as Ness, Jigglypuff, and Wario)

HOWEVER

We have also received some press assets and product info sheets about the game and I can confirm that the press assets include character art for:

Shulk
Wonder Red
Ashley
Ridley
Takamaru
Skull Kid
Mewtwo
Palutena
Lyn
Barbara the Bat
Cranky Kong
Isaac
Proto Man
Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager

The thing about this is that we’ve only got art of these characters and no screenshots, so it’s hard to tell if they’re playable or not. We just received a .ZIP full of art. No descriptions, nothing else. Some like the last three in particular I’m fairly sure are alt costumes, but some (like Cranky Kong for instance) we have no idea about yet- could be Newcomers, could be Assist Trophies (and given that Skull Kid and Ashley are in there, we know that at least SOME of these characters are assists)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Looks like this has gotten quieter. So, no one found evidence that this is fake yet? Impressive.

Today's picture of the day... Well, it's either sheer coincidence or it could mean something else.

Anyway, this post here caught my attention.
That was proven fake quickly, because Mewtwo's name is misspelled.

His Japanese name is ミュウツー Myuutsuu, while his name in that fake is spelled ミュウツ Myuutsu.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
4chan is on the case again. Then again I swear this **** happens everyday so it's most likely nothing.
the idea of wonder red getting in even as an assist makes me happy w101 is bar none one of the best games ever

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Another "I work for X." No way they'd release a demo with that many options and characters.

Wonder Red being in makes zero sense, as he'd currently still be 3rd Party.

If we get any other third party reveals, it'll be Pac-Man and Snake.

That guy is so full of ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom