• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So I posted on Swamp's neoseeker topic refuting the two people's claims that thought it out to be a fake, but it brought up an interesting thing about Palutena's model...

Peach's crown's outline isn't nearly as bold as the rest of her and the other two in the picture. Does that make it a fake?
We're only seeing 3ds pics and just like the Ness and Jigglypuff "leak" it's not impossible to fit models into a 3ds like image.
The problem with this statement is that that "leak" had screens directly from the game, with their models be clear ports from Brawl. These pics are off screen and has a unique model unlike previous official versions and known Brawl mods.
Also are we really looking this far into a leak that came from 4chan out of all places?
Hey a leak is a leak, no matter where it comes from. And this one is a pretty darn good one at that.
---

Vast said:
It seems you've misunderstood my post. I was referring to the fact that the artistic styles aren't the same. For example, an image from Brawl:

Both Mario and Squirtle have the same art styles, while the image of Palutena and Mario have different styles.
I can that this certainly was the case in Brawl, as the idea was to dull out every character so they can mesh together nicely.

However, in Smash For, it appears to be more focused on having characters from the same franchise to mesh more together than the entire roster.
Allow to explain with an example: Link in this game looks like he would clash with Pikachu. To the point where I could say that if I had no idea what Smash Bros. was, I'd probably deny the possibility of these two characters being in the same game because of different their art style is from each other. But that's why I believe this game's art style is better than Brawl's because it makes the game seem more like a crossover when you have characters together that probably wouldn't be together otherwise.

So with this in mind, the character we should probably compare Palutena to is Pit (His 3DS Model specifically).
Based on that, the two of them match pretty well.
Mario has a strange dimensional view, and Palutena has a 2D-ish look. If you look at the image I presented, you can tell that Mario and Squirtle are on the same layer and the angles match up. In your image, Mario's outline is much more bolded than it should be, even taking how the game's currently released screenshots look. The image you posted appears as having 3 layers, as I would expect no less from a photoshopped image.
- Background
- Layer with Palutena
- Layer with Mario

If you look closely, you can easily see the contrast between layers. I also viewed the thread that @KrystalDark posted. I'm not seeing much evidence from the members of that thread and yet they argue that this image is real. I'd like to see proof, and I'd also like to know if they are graphic artists like myself. Anyone with average knowledge of graphics should easily understand how layers work and see the contrasting styles.
So I can kind of see the layer theory you're going for, but Layers shouldn't mean much in an image if nothing is conflicting. It's not like the layer you're on changes a image's depth, it changes what image is above or underneath the other ones. Your theory would work better if they actually were on top of each other, but they aren't so I can't really see how your reasoning works there.

As for Mario being "too bold",

Coloring looks similar enough to me, and let's not forget that the size of the border is customizable. Easily making it that large reasonable.
---

KrystalDark said:

Here you can even see that her hand is clipping through her staff and the emblem behind looks like it was taken from a separate image from its angle.
Assuming it is real, this was never meant to be shown to the public, so of course there would be some visual errors like that. Besides, hasn't stop us from getting actual legit pictures from Sakurai himself with blatantly visible clipping errors.

And her Halo is supposed to turn like that when she does, it's part of her model.
However, the fact that it doesn't appear to be separated in different layers as it is in Uprising IS very interesting...

Could mean something, but still may not mean anything at all. Perhaps it's just a sole 2D image to avoid potential issues on the 3DS version? Regardless, good eye there. That's a solid reason to reconsider this being real.
Also if you look at this image, you can see that the emblem behind her back is supposed to be bigger.

The size of it shouldn't really matter, maybe it was too big and was resized so people wouldn't try to attack it think it would hurt Palutena as well?

After all of that, the only thing that can really give me any reasonable doubt is the fact that the halo is a 2D image, as opposed to it's layered equivalent in Uprising.
Either way I think Palutena has a great chance to be playable in Smash For whether this leak is real or not.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS ~

- ELA Error Level Analysis is a very useful method to detect themanipulation of images belonging to an advanced image analysis

Error Level Analysis (ELA) identifies areas within an image that are at different compression levels. With JPEG images, the entire picture should be at roughly the same level. If a section of the image is at a significantly different error level, then it likely indicates a digital modification.

http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-ela.php

http://29a.ch/sandbox/2012/imageerrorlevelanalysis/ [drag the leaked palutena pic~]
Just tried that.

I got exactly the same results as a pic from the official website.

88 Quality.

10 Error.

Used this pic for reference.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
ELA Error Level Analysis is a very useful method to detect themanipulation of images belonging to an advanced image analysis

http://29a.ch/sandbox/2012/imageerrorlevelanalysis/ [drag the leaked palutena pic~]
just tried it,
came up 88 quality
10 error scale,
I also compared them to pics on the official site of 3ds pictures,
same thing popped up,
does this confirm that they are real?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well then, doesn't that all but confirm it?
Well....

Uh....

I'm not sure if I did it right...

Are you supposed to play around with the sliders after you get the initial reading?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Just tried that.

88 Quality.

10 Error.

OH NO
THE 2ND PIC HAD A QUALITY OF 87
CONFIRMED FAKE GO HOME PACK YOUR BAGS EVERYBODY!

(Still, the website says to take it's results with a pint of salt, as it claims to not exactly be considered reliable...
regardless this is incredible if it's results are credible)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
OH NO
THE 2ND PIC HAD A QUALITY OF 87
CONFIRMED FAKE GO HOME PACK YOUR BAGS EVERYBODY!

(Still, the website says to take it's results with a pint of salt, as it claims to not exactly be considered reliable...
regardless this is incredible if it's results are credible)
It's weird that they yield the same result when one is offscreen and one is a screenshot.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Palutena was also listed in this leak,looks like this leak holds a lot of truth.
Palutena was also listed in the (alleged) ChaosZero leak (for those who don't know, ChaosZero was one of the 2 major posters on SWF who leaked the Brawl roster).
Just tried that.

88 Quality.

10 Error.

And yet more things to point to this being real.

Guys, accept it; in all likelihood, these pictures are real, and Palutena is in.

Now watch Sakurai and co. buckle down on keeping everything inside the offices at which Sakurai and co. are stationed at.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This just in: Sakurai is so mad that Palutena was leaked, he's delayed the game and decided to make Meteos 2 for the time being. Ridley is confirmed as the titular character.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Oh my godddd no it's like an unreleased Pokemon game all over again. These online tools are unreliable and don't prove ****.
Wouldn't doubt she's a character but using fancy shmancy "forensics" tools like this is just asking to be made fun of later.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Um...

Does anyone really know how this works?

I just used this screenshot.

And still got 88 and 10.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That right picture looks like an alien picture, a picture from the "storybook pictures" in Zelda: The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, A Link to the Past, and A Link Between Worlds.

As for the pictures, I would personally suggest cropping the picture to cut out the 3DS area outside of the screen for added accuracy.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
and here's an official picture from the site (same as the other 100 quality, 50 error)
Untitled results.png

according to this online tool, the official picture actually has more errors than the leaked picture

conclusion: this online tool is useless and unreiliable in this situation

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Back to square one.

At least we got $200!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh my godddd no it's like an unreleased Pokemon game all over again. These online tools are unreliable and don't prove ****.
Wouldn't doubt she's a character but using fancy shmancy "forensics" tools like this is just asking to be made fun of later.
So...

Um...

Does anyone really know how this works?

I just used this screenshot.

And still got 88 and 10.
conclusion: this online tool is useless and unreiliable in this situation

...It's not like I u-use those types of tools or s-something!​

FasdfGfaha

Smash Cadet
Hm? What are you getting at, by chance?
Probably nothing. Except maybe Sakurai going trollception on all of us.

PotD has a vet on the left in a similar pose to the leaked Mario. Newcomer on the right with a staff-like object raised in one hand at a very similar angle. Actually, Viridi is where the top of Palutena's staff would have been in the shot where she's idle, and they have a very similar shape.

Again, probably nothing. Mostly coincidence, I'd wager. Or trollception.

Froggyforce

Smash Rookie
What the Image Error Level does is shows you the inconsistencies with photographs. The program just starts out at 88 quality and 10 error scale as a good starting point. What you do to find your results is change the sliders to see whats been tampered with. I've tested both pictures and found nothing majorly wrong with either. The only things that really stand out are Mario's overalls where the straps and the buttons are and Palutena's arm in the picture without Mario. Also possibly Palutena's shield in the picture with Mario. Although its hard to tell if anything has been done because comparing it to other 3DS pictures of the day some parts randomly stick out more than they should. So this test really doesn't help too much. Maybe just a little in favor of it being real.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If you really think today was considered trolling, imagine what would happen if tomorrow's pic was of Pit's New Final Smash the ended with Sakurai wondering where Palutena went.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Palutena was also listed in the (alleged) ChaosZero leak (for those who don't know, ChaosZero was one of the 2 major posters on SWF who leaked the Brawl roster).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that one mentioned her. It just said Ridley's a Stage Hazard, King K. Rool's not playable, Dixie's not connected to Diddy and online will be better.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
The outline doesn't have to match Mario's LOL

#Rosalinasituationagain.

If you really think today was considered trolling, imagine what would happen if tomorrow's pic was of Pit's New Final Smash the ended with Sakurai wondering where Palutena went.
It's not trolling. Sakurai did it on purpose lol

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
PotD has a vet on the left in a similar pose to the leaked Mario. Newcomer on the right with a staff-like object raised in one hand at a very similar angle. Actually, Viridi is where the top of Palutena's staff would have been in the shot where she's idle, and they have a very similar shape.
Plus the fact that it's of the 3DS version, which is what the leaks (obviously) were shown on. Adds up just a little too nicely if you ask me.

RODO

Smash Ace
Getting away from the Palutena leak for a second, something has been bothering me about the translator leak. It states that Diddy will be revealed around the release of DKCR:TF, which is obvious and makes sense, but why would they also say that Diddy would be paired with Dixie?? A safer guess (or fake if you will) would just be to say that Diddy will come back alone. They have to know that if Dixie doesn't make it then it falsifies their whole leak. Just seems like too much of a risk if you ask me.

Shroob

Sup?
Getting away from the Palutena leak for a second, something has been bothering me about the translator leak. It states that Diddy will be revealed around the release of DKCR:TF, which is obvious and makes sense, but why would they also say that Diddy would be paired with Dixie?? A safer guess (or fake if you will) would just be to say that Diddy will come back alone. They have to know that if Dixie doesn't make it then it falsifies their whole leak. Just seems like too much of a risk if you ask me.
The fact that the entire leak can be confirmed or denied based off of this is pretty interesting. Pretty ballsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom