• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You know, a part of me wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get full confirmation on her until much later, particularly if she was meant to be a late reveal anyway. They could just let the hype simmer for a while, reveal some other unrelated characters to get the attention off, and then months later, reveal her just when it's about to cool down and get everyone excited again.

Alzi

Smash Master
Palutena was maybe planned to appear in the next direct which might be tomorrow or sometime next week?

I'm currently neutral though on this leak.

Edit: If it is a fake then I believe what the person did with the mario model is find a pic/videoclip of when mario's body is like that then find a DIFFERENT pic/videoclip with mario's head and cut that off and put it on the body to make it look like we've never seen mario in that exact same position before.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I want her revealed pronto if she's a newcomer I feel my overhype meter won't resist that long!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If there was a Direct tomorrow, there's about 30 hours until it would take place. They're usually announced giving you about a day in advance, aren't they?

Personally, I can't see one happening. Our last Direct was 30 minutes long and showed heaps of new footage. I think the next one will be after DKC:TF is released.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eat your heart out, Braveheart.
Funny you mention that, because I wrote a Braveheart speech in BKupa666's amazing K. Rool thread.

It's pretty spectacular.

I also wrote a variation of "Hark the Herald" about K. Rool instead of Jesus (which I day dreamed of and wrote in 10 minutes). :rotfl:
So is anyone HYPED to the max as I am right now?

that move from sakurai is just..... freaking perfect.
Yes I'm hyped, and yes, he knew. It's almost like this was the plan.

A reveal soon-ish would be really good. It would be a lot like Mega Man: we knew it was coming, the question was when and how. The how is the most interesting part IMO.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I wouldn't expect any direct until February, as the global directs are every two months, with the last one being in December.

February -> April -> June (E3) is the most likely time to be seeing newcomers.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
we got a massive impressive looking leak, that no matter what no one can debunk it, the news has spread all over the internet, and sakurai pulls out virdi, deconfirming her on this exact moment, which then causing chaos, hype, craziness, and excitement all over the internet . . . .
sakurai is a masterful genius, nothing less than that is acceptable for him

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If there was a Direct tomorrow, there's about 30 hours until it would take place. They're usually announced giving you about a day in advance, aren't they?

Personally, I can't see one happening. Our last Direct was 30 minutes long and showed heaps of new footage. I think the next one will be after DKC:TF is released.
I think a DKC-related Direct with Smash makes sense. Maybe we'll get Diddy Kong pictures for that.

As for Palutena's reveal, if it was soon, I would book it sometime in February, not this week.

If Palutena gets revealed after that, I would say March, April, or E3 (which is in June this year BTW; the 10th-12th) is the only way to go.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So let me get this straight: we were hoping that Sakurai would confirm a Kid Icarus character, and he instead deconfirmed an entirely different Kid Icarus character?

Sakurai is clearly on an entirely different plane of trolling.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, was any progress made in trying to prove the leak as fake or legit? No? I'm not surprised.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So, was any progress made in trying to prove the leak as fake or legit? No? I'm not surprised.
This Dojo update hints that Sakurai knows, which hints that it's real.

So I think it seems Palutena is facing a similar status Miis, Little Mac, and Pac-Man via that E3 rumor.

===

Also, expect May to be a slow month, as "the big guns" will likely be saved for E3 in June, and for big stuff after that to keep the hype rolling.

Of course that likely means a lot of items and assist trophy character and detail-based updates, which aren't too bad. Heck, maybe we'll finally get some tunes! :)

RODO

Smash Ace
Palutena was maybe planned to appear in the next direct which might be tomorrow or sometime next week?

I'm currently neutral though on this leak.

Edit: If it is a fake then I believe what the person did with the mario model is find a pic/videoclip of when mario's body is like that then find a DIFFERENT pic/videoclip with mario's head and cut that off and put it on the body to make it look like we've never seen mario in that exact same position before.
If what you said is correct then maybe we should start examining his head area more closely. I'm at work so I personally can't do much about it :/

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If what you said is correct then maybe we should start examining his head area more closely. I'm at work so I personally can't do much about it :/
Nope; after some close examining Mario's head matches with similar stances in other images, and even has the same bizarre scrunch at the neck in various Wii U shots,

Far as I can tell nothing's off about his head that isn't just generally weird anyway.

RODO

Smash Ace
Nope; after some close examining Mario's head matches with similar stances in other images, and even has the same bizarre scrunch at the neck in various Wii U shots,

Far as I can tell nothing's off about his head that isn't just generally weird anyway.
Real confirmed, I'm out b****es!!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
whelp even if these leaked photos are fake now, sakurai's reaction should remove any doubt of their meaning, and that is,
that something going down at Nintendo, something big and involves kid Icarus

FasdfGfaha

Smash Cadet
Something funny I noticed. Look at the pic of the day and then look at the two leaked screenshots. Take the Palutena picture with her scepter raised and superimpose it over her model in the other one, then compare it to the pic of the day.

Notice any similarities between the two? Not to say it's perfect by any stretch of the imagination...

I'd do the work myself but I'm feeling kind of lazy.

Shroob

Sup?
Something funny I noticed. Look at the pic of the day and then look at the two leaked screenshots. Take the Palutena picture with her scepter raised and superimpose it over her model in the other one, then compare it to the pic of the day.

Notice any similarities between the two?

Hm? What are you getting at, by chance?

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
The Translator Leak (1/10/14)
Claims:
  • Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach. (There is no way of proving this information)
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped. (There is no way of proving this information)
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • The Hammer Brother Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on. (There is no way of proving this information)
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim. (There is no way of proving this information.)
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy. (On Januray 15th, 2014, Sakurai revealed Ashley as an Assist Trophy)
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
Palutena was also listed in this leak,looks like this leak holds a lot of truth.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Palutena was also listed in this leak,looks like this leak holds a lot of truth.
Palutena is a popular choice though, it's not at all surprising that fake leaks would include her. It doesn't really say anything.

If King Gangriel and Aversa get confirmed as an assist trophy, I'll be more likely to believe it.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Posting in regards to Palutena.

That's a completely new model of Paluetena not in Brawl, UpRising, or the AR cards.

She has an outline, which assist trophys won't have in the 3DS versions because the outlines are there to help you see your character. Having assist trophies with outlines would be too confusing for other players.

One of the symbols on her belt is a Starman from Mario. Sakurai put Kirby in a Mario Kart area in Rosalina's trailer, so he probably added that on her belt for a little easter egg.

This is literally just the Rosalina situation where everyone thought she wasn't in but it was obvious she was going to be in and playable.

Mario has never been in that pose before in any screen shot on the 3DS.

Most fake leaks only have 1 picture and it's kinda blury like Mewtwo's and Pacman's. This has 2 really well quality pictures.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This leak listed a lot. He makes some pretty bold claims, so we'll know eventually. At the moment, Ashley as an AT and Palutena as playable are some of the easier things to guess. We wait for Diddy. Although, Zelda was revealed without Sheik, so Diddy can easily be a transformable character (going into a barrel), and we wouldn't know about it.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Posting in regards to Palutena.

That's a completely new model of Paluetena not in Brawl, UpRising, or the AR cards.

She has an outline, which assist trophys won't have in the 3DS versions because the outlines are there to help you see your character. Having assist trophies with outlines would be too confusing for other players.

One of the symbols on her belt is a Starman from Mario. Sakurai put Kirby in a Mario Kart area in Rosalina's trailer, so he probably added that on her belt for a little easter egg.

This is literally just the Rosalina situation where everyone thought she wasn't in but it was obvious she was going to be in and playable.

Mario has never been in that pose before in any screen shot on the 3DS.

Most fake leaks only have 1 picture and it's kinda blury like Mewtwo's and Pacman's. This has 2 really well quality pictures.
I doubt it.

Donghae

Smash Apprentice
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS ~

- ELA Error Level Analysis is a very useful method to detect themanipulation of images belonging to an advanced image analysis

Error Level Analysis (ELA) identifies areas within an image that are at different compression levels. With JPEG images, the entire picture should be at roughly the same level. If a section of the image is at a significantly different error level, then it likely indicates a digital modification.

http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-ela.php

http://29a.ch/sandbox/2012/imageerrorlevelanalysis/ [drag the leaked palutena pic~]

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Notice any similarities between the two? Not to say it's perfect by any stretch of the imagination...

Are you referring to Viridi's pose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom