• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So any leaks say viridi is playable? If so the pic of the day says otherwise.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So any leaks say viridi is playable? If so the pic of the day says otherwise.
Well then.

Adding Viridi to the list of things that are NPCs and therefore do not have outlines.

...I think he knows...

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sakurai just happens to update Miiverse with a picture of Viridi. The plot thickens...

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What's interesting is the real pic looks fake, like I bet you could analyze it and "disprove" it. haha (I know it's not, my point is that it's almost impossible to disprove that "leaked" picture, because even official ones have weird looking things in them)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That moment in the brawl trailer still gets to me.
They should have used Samus instead.
THE PLOT THICKENS
The plot doesn't thicken, it expands.
Sakurai is the biggest troll. Viridi in today's picture. He has to know!
Seriously, he might have even done this on purpose, and by that I mean the leak, the acknowledgement of the leak, and the likes. This is a master troll, after all.

He wants the attention, and I think, come E3, he's gonna get it, and hype these 2 games up to high hell, heaven, and Hanky Panky Land.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
See I'm still of the opinion this whole thing was his doing.

It's just...too good...

Well, that certainly makes Palutena's chances look great (they were great anyway.) Man she has a good potential model.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well then.

Adding Viridi to the list of things that are NPCs and therefore do not have outlines.

...I think he knows...
You think he knows=??? I know he knows.

He's been hinting at Viridi being a NPC since around August. This has been coming for nearly half a year, and he reveals it NOW of all times, with the 2 other somewhat realistic female characters who aren't under 500 pounds of armor. Seriously guys, it's as if Sakurai let this happen. That or this man had this update for later, and moved it up. Or, more likely, he's a wizard Harry.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At the latest I expect to see her at the direct in March. So there's that.

Now if there's a Direct friday, what they'll show still has me extreme intrigued.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

It's just...too good...

Well, that certainly makes Palutena's chances look great (they were great anyway.) Man she has a good potential model.
I think this whole thing was of his doing. I mean, he's de facto confirmed several characters already, specifically the Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon, who haven't been confirmed as playable yet. Why not create some sort of "is it real? is it not?" hype. He did this by trolling Ridley fans, and now he's doing it by de facto confirming Palutena.

Guys, I think the time for pessimism is over. Expect this to be confirmed by the end of E3, FOR REAL!!!!

The era of the leak is upon us... and Sakurai and us hardcore fans are okay with this. In fact, we embrace it.

LET THE FLOODGATES FOR LEAKS FLOW WITH TRUTH AND KNOWLEDGE, AND LET THE ROSTER ROLL FREE OUT THE GATES!!!

Sakurai... I think unleashing like a dozen characters at E3 (mostly veterans with maybe 1-3 newcomers) is the way to go. Just open stuff up, and let it be FREEEEE!!!!!

I don't think he let it happen, but this feels a bit odd to be a coincidence. He can't out and out post Palutena (you don't want to reward leaks), but this feels like he's letting us know that "yeah, that was a leak. I know about it."

...or, you know, it could genuinely be a coincidence.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I think this whole thing was of his doing. I mean, he's de facto confirmed several characters already, specifically the Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon, who haven't been confirmed as playable yet. Why not create some sort of "is it real? is it not?" hype. He did this by trolling Ridley fans, and now he's doing it by de facto confirming Palutena.

Guys, I think the time for pessimism is over. Expect this to be confirmed by the end of E3, FOR REAL!!!!

The era of the leak is upon us... and Sakurai and us hardcore fans are okay with this. In fact, we embrace it.

LET THE FLOODGATES FOR LEAKS FLOW WITH TRUTH AND KNOWLEDGE, AND LET THE ROSTER ROLL FREE OUT THE GATES!!!

Sakurai... I think unleashing like a dozen characters at E3 (mostly veterans with maybe 1-3 newcomers) is the way to go. Just open stuff up, and let it be FREEEEE!!!!!
This is the second time I hear Falcon was already confirmed by Sakurai, I think it was on an interview or something, could someone please link me that interview?

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he let it happen, but this feels a bit odd to be a coincidence. He can't out and out post Palutena (you don't want to reward leaks), but this feels like he's letting us know that "yeah, that was a leak. I know about it."

...or, you know, it could genuinely be a coincidence.
Yeah, now that you mention it - not rewarding leakers would lead me to believe it's a coincidence.

loganhogan

Smash Ace

It's just...too good...

3 goddesses in one stage there's only 1 goddess missing I feel very confident about Palutena now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Now here's hoping I don't wake up tomorrow and find out this whole thing was a dream.

TO BED!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is the second time I hear Falcon was already confirmed by Sakurai, I think it was on an interview or something, could someone please link me that interview?
It was a Famitsu column Sakurai did.

It's on the source thread (which is sticked), and the reference is via an IGN article on said print magazine article, and it specifically focuses on when Sakurai talks about balancing Bowser. ;)

But yeah, Sakurai essentially did that with the whiteboard post, mentioning the Ice Climbers specifically back around E3, and then by bringing up Captain Falcon A LOT!!!!

Honestly, it would make a ton of sense if Sakurai just confirmed the "for sure" Brawl characters at E3.

Heck, I would suggest even confirming all the Brawl characters at E3. The hype it would cause would be through the roof, and the Sony and Microsoft fanboys would be pissed they wouldn't get to play as the real Snake, Solid Snake, in the hypest hypefest of all hypy hype hype!!!!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
3 goddesses in one stage there's only 1 goddess missing I feel very confident about Palutena now.
Er...Zelda is just a princess given the wisdom from the godess of wisdom. Rosalina is just the protector of the galaxies too :p

But going back to my post...we do kinda have to find somethig new cuz im pretty sure Palutena really is not gong to be announced anytime soon especially if this is real

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At the latest I expect to see her at the direct in March. So there's that.

Now if there's a Direct friday, what they'll show still has me extreme intrigued.
In March feasibly either Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, or K. Rool could be confirmed. But yes, I would think before E3 is more likely, whereas the more hype reveal like K. Rool or Ridley will be saved for E3, along with the most well known Nintendo characters not playable in Smash, Miis, and obviously Pac-Man, which at this point is a given.

But alas, it appears our next imminent reveal is Diddy Kong, unless Sakurai destroys our expectations and either shows off Dixie solo or the Kremling King himself!!!!

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how y'all feel about this:

Sometime in the future, Palutena will be revealed, with her own little trailer and cool artwork. It'll be awesome to see her confirmed.

I just feel like the developers are going to pull a "Brawl intro" and make it so the cutscenes the newcomer characters have in the game are just the trailers they had.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
It was a Famitsu column Sakurai did.

It's on the source thread (which is sticked), and the reference is via an IGN article on said print magazine article, and it specifically focuses on when Sakurai talks about balancing Bowser. ;)

But yeah, Sakurai essentially did that with the whiteboard post, mentioning the Ice Climbers specifically back around E3, and then by bringing up Captain Falcon A LOT!!!!

Honestly, it would make a ton of sense if Sakurai just confirmed the "for sure" Brawl characters at E3.

Heck, I would suggest even confirming all the Brawl characters at E3. The hype it would cause would be through the roof, and the Sony and Microsoft fanboys would be pissed they wouldn't get to play as the real Snake, Solid Snake, in the hypest hypefest of all hypy hype hype!!!!
I see thanks. Well its not like I doubt Falcon is in teh game. But I f I recall correctly that IcE climber mention was brought up by IGN as an example, bit by The Smash developing team.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Eat your heart out, Braveheart.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Sometime in the future, Palutena will be revealed, with her own little trailer and cool artwork. It'll be awesome to see her confirmed.

I just feel like the developers are going to pull a "Brawl intro" and make it so the cutscenes the newcomer characters have in the game are just the trailers they had.

I mean I'm pretty sure he meant that was the case, I don't expect him to make EXTRA super-amazing CGI cutscenes after making one for every newcomer.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708

That would suck. I want something like melee's into since it was so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom