• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
March 22nd or so would be nice, to commemorate the release of Uprising.

I suppose, but waving a staff and standing still are very generic poses.
A little too generic if you ask me

Like someone couldn't think of a realistic pose to show her so they just copied it

I was wondering what that was. There was some type of sword in place of that.
What are you talking about?

No sword at all, also it's just her random assortment of bangles

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't understand why or how the starman would be an accident...
I agree. Of course, that point was made as a joke, but that leads me to a new point. Not only are the Easter egg charms there, but they're connected to Lady Palutena and everything.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
What are the chances this was meant for the next direct and it got out early like Rosalina

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Checking the Brawl, Uprising and leak models again...

It seems her golden ornaments on her dress differ quite significantly between each model/design. The leak model seems to have elements from both Uprising and Brawl, not to mention the Invincibility Star from the Mario series. She also has the belt buckler, just like her Uprising design. Her face is different from both Uprising and Brawl.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Ha, guess it's one. (Now I feel stupid for not seeing it.:p) But it looks like the three-ring charm is dangling from it. I can't tell what the other charms are, they look like seashells.

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
What would be hilarious if the person who made it accidentally added the starman, and didn't realize it till it was too late, and is sitting there laughing at us ;)
Yeah, it's definitely a cheeky thing. I bet it was intentional.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

There it is, working image.

On her right hip she has that circular bangle in her Brawl design at least

It's not Dedede, LOL

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
So we can debunk it being a Dedede Badge. :urg: But the Starman is good enough. Real or not, someone put a lot of effort into this.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright, I found my way here. Typically I'm only in the SSB4 character discussion. I think this is real myself. There are so many details put into this that it seems too good to be fake. This would take A LOT of effort to do for such little reward.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why do you mean by that?
I mean that there may be some legitimate leak that claims a different newcomer will be the next one revealed on so and so date, but that Palutena may be bumped up and revealed instead, rendering that bit of the leak false despite it being true at the time of the leak, and the rest of it being true anyway.

UberMario

Smash Master
Am I missing something here? This looks just like the Brawl trophy rigged to a character as a mod with the second trinket from the top right edited, which isn't hard because they're flat 2D images. :/

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Why would the leaker leak Paultena though? Couldn't he/she leak another character instead? Not that I don't like Paultena, I actually want her.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the starman is just an illusion.

If you look at her side picture, it doesn't look to me like there is a starman there

That's where the pointed, ...spine looking bangle goes

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl

toonmarth29

Smash Cadet
I have a felling it might be shown on march 22nd. The only thing is the fact that pits final smash must of changed, maybe to the sacred weapon he got in uprising. Then palutena would get pit's final smash summoning her own instead of pit asking for her guidance.

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
Remember the power star easter egg? well, it's the second accessory she has, on her second belt.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/5911/1404973-3ds_kidicarus_03char02_e3.png

In Uprising's artwork, she has a carrot-like accessory where the star was. You can see a big accessory similarly-shaped, on her lonely pic, instead of the star.

Also, she is missing the belt/whip like thing that is strapped on her shield.
The star just isn't visible from that angle, it's so low-res and with a complex design it'd be hard to see.
Good catch on the shield strap, though.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Going back to clipping for a sec, a lot of people talked about clipping in the Zelda side tilt screenshot.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
At first: I was ok with if Palutena is going to be in Smash but thanks to this Leak, being real or not, i want her more than ever!
Next time is going to be tough and playing Uprising wont make it any better. ^^

btw. do you think the Person who leaked this might do more? Maybe he made more pics?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

If you look at her side picture, it doesn't look to me like there is a starman there

I believe it would be easy to mistake the Starman as part of the Spine looking object. I mean there's no real way to determine what they would look like on top of each other like that anyways.

Would be a whole lot easier on the Wii U version though...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not the Brawl model, it's not the Uprising model. There are some details in this leaked model that don't match any of her previously seen models.

The golden ornaments on her dress and her face are the most evident differences.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

But at the angle and height we're seeing Lady Palutena at in that picture, if it was the spiny pointed bangle, we'd only see the top, which is basically a straight line.

Furthermore, the points on the Power Star bangle point to the side, while the ones on the pointed spine bangle point down. And plus, the spikes on the pointed spine bangle are much further down than the Power Star charm.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But at the angle and height we're seeing Lady Palutena at in that picture, if it was the spiny pointed bangle, we'd only see the top, which is basically a straight line.

Furthermore, the points on the Power Star bangle point to the side, while the ones on the pointed spine bangle point down. And plus, the spikes on the pointed spine bangle are much further down than the Power Star charm.
Its a straight line IF they used the version from Uprising, but it's not in the Brawl image. Which the side picture seems to suggest they used for that bangle at least

The pair shaped one though, that's from Uprising BUT this spine one is from Brawl

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'm usually a skeptic, but her model certainly looks good and consistent with the rest of the revealed characters. I didn't get that "obviously fake" vibe I always get with the supposed leaks.

Of course, it could just be a very, very good fake.

Not that I don't expect Palutena to be playable, because I do. In fact, she's perfect as a pre-release newcomer, she doesn't really need to be secret.

UberMario

Smash Master
But her proportions and facial features don't match up with Brawl at all.
The texture for most of the trinkets and her dress looks the same though, and the rings on her arms look like how the Brawl model looks without the sheen:

Pretty much the only part that I really see as different is the hair, and even then, that wouldn't take that long to photoshop if you're going to plaster it onto a screen too.

Granted, they could just be lazy and reusing parts of Brawl assets for the 3DS version.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This is either the real deal or one of the best fakes of all time.

Either way I hope it's real... Palutena would be an amazing addition to the Smash fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom