• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well there aren't big Nintendo releases before Pokémon X/Y, right? Except maybe 101.
So if it's true that they reveal characters when their games come out, it's certainly possible that we'll have a pokémon rep at the beginning of October.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well he posted something that will prove if he's faking or not. We'll have to wait and see. Given, nothing he said couldn't be inferred.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well he posted something that will prove if he's faking or not. We'll have to wait and see. Given, nothing he said couldn't be inferred.
To be honest any alleged leaker does that, and usually says "I'll be proven right in a couple of months". Just enough to let people speculate on nothing for a couple of weeks and then they forget about the leak itself, making the trolling effective.
It's a psychological war basically.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
To be honest any alleged leaker does that, and usually says "I'll be proven right in a couple of months". Just enough to let people speculate on nothing for a couple of weeks and then they forget about the leak itself, making the trolling effective.
It's a psychological war basically.
If only they got money out of it.....(-_-)

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
Most likely untrue, but if it was then YAY for Little Mac.

I guess we will soon find out whether this is true or not, we should keep close tabs on this case...

Has there ever been a scenario where the rumor was true?
As in what the rumor spreader said, was proven true shortly after?

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
Considering all of this, I asked if he could help me try and prove my credibility to you fellas. I thought a good way to do this would be for him to tell me the upcoming Miiverse photo to be revealed by Sakurai, but he said that Sakurai usually takes the photos the night before or the morning of, and so it usually cannot be predicted.
This part seems pretty suspect. If their friend knows when Sakurai takes the photo, I would assume they were around to watch him take it. Considering the pictures go up at 5pm Japan Time (if I did my time conversions correctly), if Sakurai took some of the pictures the night before, that would give this friend nearly 24 hours to spill the contents of the Miiverse screenshot before it gets put up. That's plenty of time! It makes me think this person forgot to take into account time zone differences when crafting their story.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
As someone who haven't played the latest pokemon games: Why would Lucario stay?
Is he like the most popular pkmn from the latest games? I didn't even know about Lucario before seeing him in brawl. If Mewtwo get in I think it seems weird that Lucario would stay. Can't realy make them clones either if Mewtwo is already going to have the ability to swith between speed/power-mode. But yeah, if Lucario is a super popular character I understand. So, is he?

edit: Ofcourse, if the rumour is true, he could just have missinterpreted his friend. The friend might just have said the "mewtwo/Lucario"-thing to not confirm or leak that Lucario is getting cut. Even thou he is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys, this thread was posted on Smashboards's facebook. Neat.

It annoys me that the Mewtwo thing is part of the rumor, because that makes me doubt it being in the game, which is a shame.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The flipside to that is, if I remember correctly, the rumor said that his third form resembled Mew, which wouldn't make it very fitting for a fighting game. There's really nothing else to do here but to wait and see who's revealed next.

D

Deleted member

Like Haliburton's "leak", this one has a strict expiration component, and unlike the pre-trailer leak involving Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac, it doesn't have anything to show credibility just yet.

Though I have to say, this "leaker" is impressive in that he's keeping his mouth shut for the most part to prevent any clear deduction he's a fraud.

All we can do is wait and see if the next revealed character is a Pokémon or not.
Given that we'd likely have one shown when X/Y is released to celebrate it much like we were shown Olimar for Pikmin 3, this would imply that we won't get any reveals until October.

Kind of bittersweet then. If this rumor is true, then we know Little Mac and Mewtwo are in among other features, yet we get very little new info for almost 3 months.
If we get a reveal for a character before then, then we get something, but then the rumor is false and we're back to square one on the information that he "leaked".

Unless of course, we get a Pokémon character reveal before X/Y comes out.
So at this point in time, there is nothing that gives it credibility nor anything that outright dispels it. Only time will tell.

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
Very interesting man. love this rumors. but the lucario part even that it would be a so nintendo like move to have em back, i just dont want him there. i mean jee mew2 HAS to come back with all this second form thingy thats giving him a new life from the early days. but lucario?... hes not a veteran and atm not important at all in the pokemon universe. zoroark would make more sence than him... anyway... im on HYPE MODE to see if the new character update is really a pokemon. that would give some truth to what you are sayin.

D

Deleted member

Any character that was previously in Smash is a veteran. So yes, Lucario is a veteran.
And Lucario has been more important than Zoroark has been for quite a while.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Any character that was previously in Smash is a veteran. So yes, Lucario is a veteran.
And Lucario has been more important than Zoroark has been for quite a while.
Quite the number of people viewing this thread. Also, I always heard about Lucario from my Pokemon loving friends, but I've heard nothing about Zoroark. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond. Can someone fill me in?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Very interesting man. love this rumors. but the lucario part even that it would be a so nintendo like move to have em back, i just dont want him there. i mean jee mew2 HAS to come back with all this second form thingy thats giving him a new life from the early days. but lucario?... hes not a veteran and atm not important at all in the pokemon universe. zoroark would make more sence than him... anyway... im on HYPE MODE to see if the new character update is really a pokemon. that would give some truth to what you are sayin.
Not sure if serious

Lucario appeared in Brawl, which is enough to give him veteran status. I dunno where you got that from

Lucario has been HEAVILY featured in anime, advertisement, etc more than Z has. I don't think Z has a chance this time but you never know. I do think Lucario deserves to stay as well due to being the only non-Gen 1 Pokemon who appeared in Smash so far. Would be nice to keep it that way instead of being 100% Gen 1 only.

Parasol

Smash Cadet
Ideas sound nice, but I think it's a lot more work to have Break the Targets for each franchise.

I mean... Sakurai had to work with 5 before, each for every difficulty level
Now he'd had to work with:
Mario
Zelda
Star Fox
Kirby
Kid Ikarus
Donkey Kong
Pokemon
Other

8 at the very least. Too much work. I personally don't mind one per difficulty level, if anything, I like comparing which characters do better at what Break the Targets stage.

Both SSB64 and Melee had a BtT stage for each and every character. The only reason Brawl didn't have the same, according to my own speculation, was because their time was devoted to the SSE. Not saying that this rumor is true--just pointing out that what the rumor suggests for BtT is very plausible and entirely doable.

That said, I can say this is most definitely fake. Should a Pokemon representative be revealed next, then sure, I might give a little more attention, but from where I'm standing right now, this is just a bunch of safe and vague predictions that can so easily be turned around when proven false. (Notice the following: "I didn't get a definite if Lucario was in," "Mewtwo's concept design right now..." "Roster is still being tweaked.") What makes least sense to me is why his friend would be so cryptic if he bothered to leak any information out in the first place. "You're a close friend, so I'm going to risk my career, but I'm going to make it frustrating for you by saying hardly anything at all."

Uhmm... What?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wouldn't give this guy your trust even if the next reveal is a Pokemon reveal. It's not like it's an impossible guess or anything.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Well, I'm actually Sakurai's best friend, and he told me that every time a false rumour is posted, he makes sure everything in the rumour is removed from the game. However, we don't know if this rumour is false, so it could all still be true.

Apologies for my spelling of "rumour", I'm British.

PS. Sakurai says "hi"!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wouldn't give this guy your trust even if the next reveal is a Pokemon reveal. It's not like it's an impossible guess or anything.

And considering there are more Pokemon characters than anything...
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer, (Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle), Lucario...
I'd say it's a low-risk assumption.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, reading the Exact Words of the guy's 'leak,' it doesn't say that the next character revealed would be a Pokemon representative, he said a Pokemon representative would be the next character update on the website. Based on that, it's feasible that we could get a newcomer revealed in a Nintendo Direct beforehand...though that raises the dilemma of that character getting updated onto the website too, so that probably renders this theory moot, unless there's some technicality involved.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Well, I'm actually Sakurai's best friend, and he told me that every time a false rumour is posted, he makes sure everything in the rumour is removed from the game. However, we don't know if this rumour is false, so it could all still be true.

Apologies for my spelling of "rumour", I'm British.

PS. Sakurai says "hi"!
Tell him I love him.

Both SSB64 and Melee had a BtT stage for each and every character.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just didn't want to be yelled at for being wrong.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
As long as Mewtwo comes back, I don't care what is true or what is false. I just want to play as Mewtwo again.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Honestly I wish some gameplay mechanics got leaked. That's a bit more important than the roster is. Even some new footage would be nice.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As long as Mewtwo comes back, I don't care what is true or what is false. I just want to play as Mewtwo again.
It would be nice if he came back but even better if he was updated. I like the idea in this rumor.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just another rumor with a high probability of being fake.

I won't give much credit to this, much like other rumors before this one.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
You know, reading the Exact Words of the guy's 'leak,' it doesn't say that the next character revealed would be a Pokemon representative, he said a Pokemon representative would be the next character update on the website. Based on that, it's feasible that we could get a newcomer revealed in a Nintendo Direct beforehand...though that raises the dilemma of that character getting updated onto the website too, so that probably renders this theory moot, unless there's some technicality involved.

This is gonna sound cuckoo, but what if in the direct we were shown one character but that character isn't instantly added to the website and instead in the website is shown the Pokemon representative with only the challenger approaching window and picture of the pokemon character (not yet a page dedicated to them) Then, after another announcement in the direct that may or not be Smash related, so as to create a time window of a few minutes between character reveals, the pokemon representative is shown with the CHALLENGER APPROACHING warning. Only after that, would the first character be placed on the website, together with the Pokemon representative's page. It would make Sakurai ascend to a new level of trolling and lets be honest, if we saw a character showing and went to the website to check him out and found out another one instead, we would probably rush straight back to the direct to check out if there is any information on that one. It could be a way to make people stick through the whole direct even when they are only inclined to Smash Bros: See new character at start of direct, go to website, see different character, rush back to direct, sit through all of it even if doesn't even if the contents don't interest you that much until the other character's "anouncement" is shown at the end of the direct. Business incorporated into goodness for us.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This is gonna sound cuckoo, but what if in the direct we were shown one character but that character isn't instantly added to the website and instead in the website is shown the Pokemon representative with only the challenger approaching window and picture of the pokemon character (not yet a page dedicated to them) Then, after another announcement in the direct that may or not be Smash related, so as to create a time window of a few minutes between character reveals, the pokemon representative is shown with the CHALLENGER APPROACHING warning. Only after that, would the first character be placed on the website, together with the Pokemon representative's page. It would make Sakurai ascend to a new level of trolling and lets be honest, if we saw a character showing and went to the website to check him out and found out another one instead, we would probably rush straight back to the direct to check out if there is any information on that one. It could be a way to make people stick through the whole direct even when they are only inclined to Smash Bros: See new character at start of direct, go to website, see different character, rush back to direct, sit through all of it even if doesn't even if the contents don't interest you that much until the other character's "anouncement" is shown at the end of the direct. Business incorporated into goodness for us.
That's scum.....lmfao...but kinda cool..like its a propa challenger approaching thing.

D

Deleted member

I gotta say, I'm digging these rumors. Both seem quite likely, and we'll know their credibility soon enough.

Pkmn Trainer being the next reveal seems plausible. Either him or Jiggs, but I think Jiggs is getting the axe.

Mewtwo being a transforming character sounds really sweet too. It'd be like Valkenhayn, sort of. I hope he can switch to and back on the fly and much more quickly than Sheilda is this rumor is true. He'd make an awesome character if so.

I also like that it basically debunks that stupid Mii+Pacman rumor from a while back, and gives us the only worthwhile character from that rumor. One who is practically confirmed given the evidence provided already.

Well, we'll know in due time. I'll keep my ear out and hope it turns out to be true. It might be, there's nothing too radical in those "leaks."

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Jigglypuff getting the axe? Lol. Anyway if they reveal a new Pokémon, I don't think it's gonna be the Trainer. Mewtwo is more plausible, especially in his Awakened form, it would use the X/Y boost to hype things up.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
my uncle woks for nintenido ad he telld me dat gordondarf wil be a king k rool clon and wil hav a landmastr reskinnd as his charot insted

also teh gam has goku ad werc kit ralhp an gomoba ad shadow an tals and shado is a sonc clon but is mor slow and powerflu an has a landmaster

also krystal is in teh gam adn also has a landmaster

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I'm not sure why a fair number of people seem concerned about people believing this rumor. Being disappointed doesn't hurt that much guys. The rumor is probably false, but we're having fun imaging Mewtwo making his epic debut reappearance.

Also, is the roster ever truly finalized until the game is done? I mean I'm sure they have a list of "design these characters in order" that was created long ago, but if Sakurai is sufficiently displeased with the result, or if they run into significant enough issues, does not the character get scrapped? In fact, didn't Sakurai say in an interview somewhere that sometimes character ideas just don't really pan out? Eh, wish I could remember a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom