• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This thread is primarily for the discussion of potential rumors and leaks that have surfaced around the internet and the greater Smash community. However, the discussion of creating fake leaks and rumors to spread to other forums/sites is discouraged. Discussing the leaks creation, spreading the leak out, and potentially having it come back to Smashboards makes this community look bad. If you want to create a leak, discuss it privately via PM or make sure that any relation between the leak and Smashboards is removed.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 , @ Curmudgeon Curmudgeon , @N3ON, @GreenReaperGod, @APC99 and @Groose helped compile these leaks
KEY:

• GREEN - Confirmed true
  • RED - Confirmed fake
  • YELLOW - Special cases
  • DEFAULT - Pending confirmation
Live Leaks
Leaks which have yet to be disproven

Sal Romano / Gematsu Leak #1 (06/10/13)
Wii Fit Trainer, from Wii Fit, will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo revealed the character, whose final move is called “Wii Fit,” in a new Developer Direct featuring director Masahiro Sakurai.

Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed: Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. The three left remaining are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and your Mii.
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

RosalinaX Leak (03/05/14)
Claims:

He said 48 characters for smash ( it could change ) also he mentions 4 characters are cut from smash also no release date.

Mk8 roster idk
http://www.mariokartwii.com/5989954-post128.html

- Four characters are cut.
- Captain Falcon is returning.

I was finally able to speak to RosalinaX, though it was a very brief statement, basically. Anyway, he said "Four characters are cut." And, "Captain Falcon is returning." The "Four characteres are cut" was in the MKWii thread, so we only gained Captain Falcon added to the leak's legitimacy.

Sal Romano / Gematsu Leak #2 (04/08/14)
Claims:

Last year, Gematsu was tipped off prior to E3 about six new characters supposedly set to appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and for Nintendo 3DS.

They were: Mega Man, Villager (Animal Crossing), Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac (Punch Out), Pac-Man, and Mii (Wii series).

So far, all but Pac-Man and Mii have been confirmed.

Today, we received a new e-mail from the same tipster, who claims Pac-Man and Mii are still on the way, and the following characters will also appear:

• Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y
Take it all with a grain of salt for now, but there’s a Super Smash Bros.-focused Nintendo Direct happening later today. If these claims are accurate, it’s likely we’ll hear about at least one of these new characters there.

I’ve e-mailed the tipster requesting a few more details, but have yet to hear back.
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

Smashboards post by @salromano
Hi, guys. I see there's a lot of discussion here. So just to clarify some things.

He didn't post anything about the source before but he did say he had one. Or rather that a "friend" had one.
Right here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58046232
Check the date and everything. It's beforehand.

To those who quoted and responded to this, if you read the link, you'd see it has nothing to do with any source of mine. The friend I mention linked me to the site in a Facebook message because he found it somewhere (probably reddit or N4G or something) and thought it was interesting. I wasn't "dead wrong" about anything because none of that is from me.

As for some people saying I published this information "after the fact," both the June 10 NeoGAF post and Gematsu article are from me. If you paid attention to the authors of both, you'd see they say 'salromano'. Also, my avatar on GAF is the (Mark Cernified) Gematsu mascot.

Anyway, getting to the actual reveals. As I said in my post on Gematsu, I don't know the legitimacy of the person who tipped me, which is why I held onto this information (it'd be unprofessional to publish something without verification) and posted it on NeoGAF as 'speculation'. I thought all the characters were pretty outlandish, to be honest. Especially Wii Fit Trainer girl. I wasn't even aware she was an actual character. But yeah, after she was confirmed, I figured I'd share the rest, which my source told me would appear at E3, barring impromptu change.

That said, it's possible their reveal dates got pushed back or something. I'd think 6 new character reveals are pretty heavy for a single expo.

I'm still inclined to believe the guy considering he was spot on about three of 'em (including the most unlikely). I don't know. But considering that boxing ring stage, Sakurai's talk about customization, and his seemingly interested back-and-forth with IGN about Pac-Man, it's hard to think otherwise.

If I hear anything further, I'll let you guys now. I'm out for now!
You seem dead set on convincing everyone this leak is wrong. Everyone's free to speculate. As I've said myself, I'm not 100 percent on my source. But there are a few things I should tackle.

Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii Missing E3

I'll be the first to admit, I have no idea. There are literally tons of reasons as to why this person could've thought the trio would appear at E3. But even so, things happen, and not everything always goes according to plan. And Little Mac eventually showed. The guy is still backing Pac-Man and Mii, too. So, much like the rest of the rumor, time will tell there.

Pokemon from X and Y

Again, I don't know. This is what the guy told me, so it's what I posted. I don't know how involved he is in the game's development, or how 'inside' his insder knowledge is. There are, again, tons of reasons as to why he might not have known or been able to say the Pokemon's name. Or even describe him at that. Depending on the guy's involvement, it's possible he was only told about a "Pokemon from X and Y" being in the roster.

Safe Guesses

I see this term tossed around a lot. I honestly don't think there's any such thing. There are no safe guesses when it comes to naming a roster. Wii Fit Trainer wasn't a safe guess, as you'll admit, and I don't know how 'likely' (again, this would be a synonym of a safe guess, which doesn't really apply as this newcomer thing can be pretty darn random) Mega Man, Villager, and Little Mac were, but this guy's 4 for 6 on his E3 leaks so far. Which is pretty darn good.

Leaker Not Leaking Other Things Like Stages, etc.

I don't know, I'm not the leaker. Why is this guy only telling me newcomers? Again, I don't know.

Posting a Baseless Rumor

"First, he didn't say he had a source because he wasn't sure that the source was credible. Of course, this is silly because all new sites post rumors regardless of their credibility."

I'm sorry, I'll try to maintain a crappier website.

Seriously, though, that second sentence is silly in itself. If I get an e-mail from "blahblah@mailservice.com" with a list of characters said tipster claims will be in the game, would you expect me to just run with it without first attempting to verify the guy? If I cared more about hits and less about credibility, sure. But that's not me.

Making Things Up

Let's get one thing straight, and long-time followers of my site will attest to this. I don't make things up. Not for traffic, not for anything. My site exists to provide game news in the most excellent way possible. I don't fabricate information. I'm just like all of you in this, and I'd be pretty pissed off if anyone did something like that. Again, I'm still not 100 percent on my source, but so far he's in the green with his 'leak.'

"In otherwords, Sal's website is very no name. How can you improve searches? Why, have a fake rumor of course. And since he got Wii Fit Trainer right, it's even better. Now you can drive hits to your site."

The site is pretty big actually. More hits would be nice, sure. But we average many more hits than I think you'd imagine per day. It's okay, though. You didn't know.

To Everyone Else

I think my talk with Star, as well as what I've written above, just about sums up everything I can think to say. But yeah. No one has to believe the leak. It's fun to discuss, but being dead set on proving these things true or false without further evidence is not really doable at the moment. Unfortunately it's a waiting game and that's what we'll all just have to do. But I'll tell you now, this isn't something I've gone and pulled out my sleeve for hits. There's no debating that.

Edit: Also, to clarify some more, I've tried contacting this guy for more information. When Star mentioned the leaker being too busy to respond, what I said specifically was that the guy seems to operate on his own schedule, e-mailing me when he wants to rather than what I want him to. Star can attest to that.
Palutena Leak (1/22/14)

Notes: Two images claiming to be leaked pictures of Palutena in the 3DS version of Smash 4 were posted to 4chan. The model used for Palutena has not been able to be specifically identified or confirmed as any previous models.

The leaker did not specify whether Palutena was apparently a character or an Assist Trophy.

Source

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Dead Leaks
Leaks which have been disproven

WiiLuvU Leak (Aug. 2013)

Claims:
1st Post:

• Dixie Kong was planned to be a Diddy Kong clone in Brawl (can't be proven)
  • Toon Zelda and Tetra were planned to be a Zelda/Sheik clone in Brawl (can't be proven)
  • Plusle and Minun were planned to an Ice Climbers clone in Brawl, using electric-based attacks (can't be proven)
  • The only character from the "Forbidden 7" being worked on is Dixie Kong
  • Leaker predicts Dixie will be revealed coinciding with Tropical Freeze (Only Diddy Kong was shown to coincide with Tropical Freeze)
  • Yellow Devil will be a stage hazard on Dr. Wily's Castle
  • Wii Fit Trainer started as a joke between the creator of Wii Fit and Sakurai (can't be proven)
  • Villager was requested to be the first character revealed due to New Leaf promotion (can't be proven)
  • The dev team wanted to reveal Little Mac first to showcase the game's speed (can't be proven)
  • Little Mac's playstyle is very quick
  • The boxing ring is Little Mac's "home stage"
  • King Hippo is and Assist Trophy
  • The 3DS and Wii U versions will feature different Assist Trophies
  • There will be move customization in which you can edit skills at the expense of others
  • The story mode will be halfway between Melee and Brawl's respective Adventure Modes
  • Each character has the same Adventure Mode
  • Bosses return
  • Medusa is a boss
  • The game will not include any major DLC such as characters or stages
  • There is a small chance Mewtwo won't be included (Leaker not specific)

2nd Post:

• Unless delayed, excluding transformations the roster will be around 40
  • Some veterans have low priority (can't be proven)
  • Some highly popular characters are not included

3rd Post:

• Ridley is not playable due to balance
  • Ridley was not included on initial list (can't be confirmed)
  • King K. Rool is a low priority newcomer (can't be confirmed)
  • King K. Rool adds nothing unique
  • Duck Hunt Dog with accompany Hunter are playable
  • Hunter attacks will zapper off-screen
  • Paper Mario is playable
  • Snake is cut
  • Jigglypuff is cut

4th Post:

• Jigglypuff cut due to playstyle being too similar to Villager (???)
  • Diddy and Dixie are a tag team akin to Zelda and Sheik (Diddy was revealed to be a stand alone character again)
  • Dixie is lighter than Diddy
  • Wii Fit Trainer is the most well-rounded character
  • Paper Mario's moveset is inspired from The Thousand-Year Door
  • Paper Mario is very light
  • Paper Mario will use a star rod in his Final Smash
  • Duck Hunt Dog and Hunter have an interactive duck-based moveset

Notes: There was a guy on the IGN boards with the username that said that the Wii U will come packed with Wii Sports U and Pikmin 3 will be titled Pikmin: Universe HD, among other false stuff. This guy had the same username as this leaker (WiiLuvU) and registered the same day 1 year apart the GameFAQs guy did. WiiLuvU has said the they are not the same person. Additionaly, InfiniteGTX (another leaker), has said WiiLuvU is a false leaker.

WiiLuvU's posts:

4 August 2013
You know, I've kept pretty quiet while waiting for this game. And honestly it's getting boring.

Where are the leaks? Where are the prophets? The trolls?

Even if they didn't turn out to be true, there were TONS during Brawl and it was always interesting to see who was right and who was wrong. It was especially fun for me because I knew a couple of things about the game and saw people who were blatantly lying. I didn't know everything though, and it was cool to see who was right and who was wrong.

Well. I'm in a position where I know a few things. And I'm thinking it's time I shook things up a bit. So, hey. It's my first day here. How's it going? Consider me the first real "leak" of Smash 4, commenting on some of the speculation I've seen. I'm totally a prophet. Totally a leaker. Here's what I know that they haven't told you yet about Smash Wii U/3DS:

First, there were absolutely plans to include the 'Forbidden Seven' in Brawl; however, they would have all ended up being clones with the exception of the Melee veterans. Under pressure from Nintendo, the team decided to include Sonic as opposed to including more characters around September/October 2007. Dixie Kong would have been a Diddy clone, Toon Zelda/Tetra a Zelda/Sheik clone, and Plusle/Minun an Ice Climbers clone. Wolf was originally part of this collective, but he was far along enough so that he was included anyways.

As far as I am aware, the only one of the above that will be appearing in Smash 4 as a playable character is Dixie Kong. I would bet money that she'll be revealed around the release of Tropical Freeze.

Yellow Devil in the Mega Man stage is actually one of the stage obstacles. He's not a boss, nor is he part of Mega Man's Final Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer started as a joke between Hiroshi Matsunaga, Wii Fit creator, and Sakurai, discussing what it would be like if the next Smash Bros. was played using a Balance Board. That's how he got the idea of the trainer being a character.

Villager was requested to be the first character revealed at E3 in promotion of the new Animal Crossing. However, the team wanted to reveal another character first instead--Little Mac--to showcase the faster speed of the game. Little Mac's play style is very quick, focusing on many hits in short-range combat with few truly 'powerful' moves. He would have fit very well in Melee.

The boxing ring stage is--as you would have guessed--Little Mac's 'home stage.' King Hippo will also be an Assist Trophy. By the way, similarly to the stages, the 3DS and the Wii U versions will feature some different Assist Trophies.

On character customization: move sets. The moves stay fundamentally the same, but with different tweaks similarly to how Ness and Lucas had the same moves but with different styles of play. These moves do not vary in power, but add different advantages. Fox's laser blaster is a good example: you can make his blaster fire more quickly, in different directions, longer, etc., but at the expense of other skills.

On story mode: think halfway between Melee's Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary: each character does the same Adventure Mode. Bosses return, but one of the challenges has been picking bosses that each character would be okay with battling. In that vein, Medusa is a boss, but count out Bowser Jr as a boss since Bowser would never fight against him.

On DLC: the game will not include any major DLC content such as new characters or stages. The team intends to put out the game as close to finished as possible.

Finally, on Mewtwo: Mewtwo's on the short list. The way the roster works is they make an unrealistically long list of characters, then prioritize the ones they want in. The runoff usually make the next installment. For example, had there not been clones in Melee, Dedede would have been in. Mewtwo ranks pretty well, but there's still a small chance he won't make it.

That's all I got. (Raises shield)

Anyways, sorry, I was, as someone said, at dinner. I'm allowed to eat...does anyone want a picture of my dinner to confirm? :D

I'll comment on some other stuff--I know nothing about the website, so I can't tell you what's going to be revealed when. Also, you really want characters? I'd be careful. I can tell that they're not going for popularity/requests and more going for game balance.

I'll give you that crazy weird detail you wanted, but you're not going to like it...didn't want to share for a reason...

The roster is probably only going to be around 40 characters not counting transformations, maybe 1 or 2 more than that. I say this because it's not 100% who's made the cut and who hasn't yet--it all depends on how many are in before a hard deadline (unless they delay the game.) And there ARE some veterans who are pretty low priority. There are also a lot of characters that have strong followings that aren't even on the roster list, but I don't want to ruin anyone's good time this early before the game is released. People WILL be disappointed--it's a lot like how Sakurai said they're trying to keep as many veterans as they can but they just can't promise all of them.

So I can give characters, but you're not going to like it.

As for Plusle + Minun as Ice Climbers clones, I mean that in the sense that they had a very similar moveset, which could still be done without hammers. They were very light, some moves more powerful, others less powerful, and very fast. Any stunning moves were now electric-based and caused damage within their radius of attack. Think Pichu but actually usable and unable to damage itself.

Okay...at your own risk...

No Ridley again. Too tough to balance, not even listed.
K. Rool is pretty low priority. Doesn't add much unique.
Dog and Hunter (from Duck Hunt,) Paper Mario are in.
Snake is out. So is Jigglypuff.

11 August 2013
Don't expect anything else from me.
Apparently this is how some of the new characters play in Smash:

-Jigglypuff is being cut because her balance contribution is fairly similar to, believe it or not, Villager. Villager is powerful but easy to KO--also, his Up-B involves balloons and gives him a pretty decent flight time. Consider Balloon Fighter de-confirmed, in that case.

-What Mega Man lacks in speed and jump height he makes up for with an incredibly diverse move set (his main gimmick, if you will;) some moves have good range but low power, other moves are short-range and powerful, others are defensive, others are more offensive, etc.

-Dixie and Diddy are now a tag team; both have a similar move set but depending on who's leading, the impact of their moves will vary. Dixie's moves have a lighter, airy feel while Diddy's are more weighted. Diddy does not keep his entire moveset from Brawl.

-Wii Fit Trainer is the most well-rounded character in the game, being even in just about everything. She is a good character for beginners but is by no means a low-level difficulty character.

-Paper Mario's move set is largely inspired by The Thousand-Year Door, utilizing the paper airplane, roll-up paper tube, and more. He's SUPER light, but has a few moves that allow him to dodge other characters and become hard to hit. Not an easy character to master, but if you get him down, he's a tough one to beat. Final Smash involves using the Star Rod from the first game.

-Dog and Hunter works like this; Hunter is used to shoot down ducks, Dog uses them to attack. The player ultimately controls the dog and NOT the hunter. Neutral-B involves the hunter shooting down a duck for Dog to use; Dog can hold up to two ducks at a time. The number of ducks Dog has (zero, one, or two) affects his moves. Some moves are best with two ducks, others with one, and others with none. Dog can lose the ducks at times, which is why the Hunter exists. Not sure if this is exact, but it's close to this idea.

InfiniteGTX's post about WiiLuvU

K. Rool is in the game as a boss character. The whole "low priority" side comment shows he's not aware how the character has already been used. To be honest, I actually logged on today to make another post, cause I've learned some new stuff. But when I logged on I saw all these leak threads and joke threads attributing them, and so I got kind of discouraged. When I read this guy's post, some parts of what he said were truth, which intrigued me. And to be completely honest, there's a lot about the game I don't know, so if I could validate his claims, then I could use him to fill some gaps in my own knowledge. That's what I was thinking.

I'll post later when things have simmered down on FAQs. Although I don't respond in my own threads, I do read every reply, and it's tiring to read the mockery. Seeing as there's several joke threads on "prophets" on the front page at this very moment, I think it's best I wait until tomorrow to post, or something.

Anyway, this guy's false. I'm not even going to comment on the "Dog & Hunter" thing.

GaeozHero Leak (2/1/14)

Claims:
  • Diddy Kong returns
  • Minecart Madness is a Wii U stage
  • A newcomer uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle items to fight
  • Diddy Kong and this (Ms. Tetris) newcomer will be revealed this month (Feb. 2014) (Diddy Kong was revealed, but no Tetris-themed character was revealed by February's end)
  • Master Ball is an item
  • Adventure Mode has a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level
  • Shadow Moses Island returns
  • Zelda and Rosalina both have the ability to summon a controllable helper
  • Palutena is playable
  • Lip's Stick returns as an item
Original Post:

Heads up, everyone. This info just got messaged to me a few minutes ago. It's from an older friend of mine - no, he doesn't work at Nintendo. I asked him if he was joking at first, but he said he has a reliable source.

The whole message was this:
---
Diddy Kong is back.

Minecart Madness is a new WiiU stage.

[Ms. Tetris] is a newcomer. (No name is actually specified in the message. It is just known that the newcomer uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle things to fight, so I refer to her Ms. Tetris.)

Diddy Kong and [Ms. Tetris] will be revealed this month.

The Master Ball is a new item.

Adventure Mode has a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level.

Shadow Moses Island returns.

Zelda and Rosalina share the ability to summon a controllable helper. Zelda's is slow and strong, while Rosalina's is fast and weak.

Palutena is a new fighter.

Lip's Stick returns.

Diddy/Dedede Leak (1/2/14)

Claims:
  • King Dedede will be revealed on January 10th, 2014 coinciding with the Japanese release of Kirby Triple Deluxe (Dedede was revealed as claimed, although such prediction was widespread)
  • Diddy Kong will be revealed on February 13th, 2014 to coincide with the Japanese release of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Diddy was not revealed on February 13th, however Little Mac was)
  • The unidentified scrolling 3DS stage featured in the initial trailer will scroll to the right, occasionally scrolling diagonally
  • Donkey Kong Land tracks featured on the unidentified 3DS stage
  • A generic Donkey Kong Country Returns stage appears on the Wii U with Rambi and Tikis in the background
  • There are music tracks from all main DKC games, including DK64, on this stage
  • Orange Grenades from DK64 are a new item: they bounce and explode
  • Funky Kong is an Assist Trophy
  • Dr. Mario appears in the game in some form
  • Lor Starcutter (Kirby's Return to Dream Land) is a stage. It acts similar to Corneria but with a different layout. If flies through multiple locations and dimensions
  • Music from Kirby Air Ride and Return to Dream Land are featured on Lor Starcutter
  • The amount of music is significantly higher than Brawl's
  • Most music tracks consist of ports instead of remixes
  • Many music tracks on Mario Galaxy & Dr. Wily's Castle
Original Post:

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I know some information about Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS. I'm not a prophet. I'm not a troll. And I will ignore everyone who calls me one. I'm just a real big fan of the series who has some insider info to share. Now that that's out of the way, I will tell you some tidbits.
King Dedede will be revealed on January 10. The day before Kirby Triple Deluxe is released in Japan.
Diddy Kong will be revealed on February 13th. The day of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze's release in Japan.
There is a DKCR3D stage in the 3DS version. This was seen in the 1st trailer. It's a scrolling stage that constantly scrolls to the right. However, sometimes goes in diagonal directions. It's a real interesting stage and so far, it's the only one in Smash history to act like it! The music is to die for as well. It even has a couple of tracks from the Donkey Kong Land games!
The Wii U will have a generic DKCR stage that takes no physical cues from Tropical Freeze. However, there is talk on getting music from that game. We already have music from all main DKC games that have been released so far on this stage though. We even have a couple of tracks from DK64 It is a standard stage with no stage hazards. Rambi makes a background cameo though. As do a couple of Tikis. Graphically, it's looks stunning. I'm sure it's gonna be a favorite.
Orange Grenades are a new explosive item. They bounce on the ground when thrown and explode after a certain amount of time! There is a Funky Kong AT as well. He's still in the debugging process though, so he may be changed up a bit.
Dr. Mario is in the game somehow. I won't give out specifics just yet, but it's a lot of fun! I really enjoy the decision.
The Lorr Starcutter is a stage on the Wii U version. It works kind of like Coneria. It's layout and functionality is much different but the basic concept is the same. The background is stunning though. You fly through several locations from Return to Dreamland. You even fly to Another Dimension! Lots of Kirby Air Ride and Kirby's Return to Dreamland music plays on it.
While I'm talking about music, the number of songs is significantly higher than Brawl's. However, most of the songs are direct ports of songs from games instead of new remixes. This is very noticeable when looking at Mario Galaxy and Dr. Wily's Castle. Don't worry though. There are a LOT of songs on Mario Galaxy and Dr. Wily's Castle.
Well, there ya have it. That should tide you over. And to answer future questions.
Yes. Yes, I do know more.
But I don't plan on sharing it. Not now at least. Hope you have fun anticipating this stuff! :D

Halibuton Leak (Dec. 2012)

Claims:
1st Post:

• The anniversary of Brawl's release in Japan will have a special SSB4-centered Nintendo Direct (Brawl's anniversary passed without incident)
  • Little Mac is playable
  • Takamaru is playable
  • King K. Rool is playable
  • Ridley is playable
  • King K. Rool will have a new design by Retro
  • A New DKC game is in development (DKC:TF was announced later at E3 2013)
  • Ridley's playstyle will involve Other M's evolutions
  • Shulk is being developed (as of Dec. 2012)
  • Dillon is being developed (as of Dec. 2012)
  • Ghirahim is being developed (as of Dec. 2012)
  • Platinum Games is interested in including a character, likely from W101
  • Starship Mario is a stage (Starship Mario confirmed to be a background element in Mario Galaxy stage)
  • Giant Chasm (Pokemon) is a stage
  • Pushmo Park is a stage
  • Cookie Country (Kirby) is a stage
  • There will be a second playable Yoshi character, one who has yet to be introduced and will debut in a future Yoshi game. Apparently Yoshi's new partner, named 'Debu'
2nd Post:

• Link will retain is Skyward Sword design (Link does not use his Skyward Sword design, only colour scheme)
  • Marth will retain his Awakening design (Marth uses his FE12 design)
  • Ike will retain his Awakening design
  • Namco Bandai will have a character included
  • Sega and Konami want more character from their other series
3rd Post:
  • Kalas from Baten Kaitos is not playable
  • Sakurai's view on Animal Crossing characters has not changed and there will be no Animal Crossing playable character (Villager was confirmed at E3 2013)
  • Sukapon is not playable
  • Geno is not playable
  • Level-5 has not been contacted by Sakurai (can't necessarily be proven)
  • Bowser Jr. is not playable due to his new role as part of the Koopalings
  • Dixie Kong is not planned
  • Toon Zelda/Tetra is not planned
  • Plusle & Minun aren't planned
4th Post:
  • Waluigi was never planned at any point in Brawl (can't be proven)
  • Capcom wants a character in SSB4, will not be from Resident Evil (Mega Man was revealed at E3 2013)
  • Chrom has not been considered due to similarities to Marth
  • Impa is not playable
  • Sheik will be redesigned with inspirations from Impa's Skyward Sword design
Halibuton's posts:

December 12, 2012
I work at Bandai-Namco, specifically in PR regarding their various fighting-game series (currently I am involved in helping deal with some licensing issues regarding a popular manga fighter that Namco-Bandai is hoping to release in the West...), and have learned various bits and tidbits of early info from coworkers involved in the Smash 4 development. Nothing super-concrete, and all this info is subject to change, but here is what I have learned.

* The Anniversary of Brawl's release in Japan will have a special Nintendo Direct focused on Smash 4. I don't think it will have a trailer included, but I am not sure. From what my friends have speculated, it may just be a retrospective on the Smash Series as a whole with a sliver of new info released.

* Little Mac and Takamaru were two of the first characters chosen for Smash 4, both being classic characters that have since experienced a revival via Punch Out Wii/Nintendo Land and are fan favorites. They also represent West vs. East, which Sakurai is aiming for after the previous series strayed too much towards Eastern characters like Fire Emblem and Mother.

* King K. Rool and Ridley are also two characters that are being given priority as they too have a lot of requests. King K. Rool's design is said to have a new design that Retro contributed to (perhaps a new Donkey Kong Country is on the horizon?), and Ridley will apparently have a style of game-play that involves the evolution seen in Other M.

* Shulk, Dillon, and Ghirahim are currently set to be included, but they haven't been finalized like the four above.

* Platinum Games is interested in including a character, yet nothing has been finalized yet. Will probably be from Wonderful 101, but nothing is decided upon.

* Starship Mario, Giant Chasm (Pokemon BW2), Pushmo Park, and Cookie Country (Kirby) are levels that have been worked on.

* There's a second Yoshi representative who has yet to be introduced and will apparently be appearing in a new game coming out soon that Nintendo asked to be included. The rumored Yoshi Land Wii U? It's apparently Yoshi's new partner another dinosaur character. The name "Debu" has been thrown around, but I'm not sure if that's it's name or a nickname since that just means "fat" in Japanese.

December 13, 2012
I got a Private Message from Snakey asking for some additional details, mainly involving 3rd Party, and I replied to him with some info about that that I feel safe posting here.

Most of the 3rd Party characters are still being mulled over and such, and there's been interest from Konami and Sega regarding the inclusion of other series characters, although there's been much debate over this. NiGHTS, Monkey Ball, Goemon, Castlevania, and Twinbee are all series I've heard have been brought up, but personally I doubt we'll actually see any of those make it in. I'd assume that Snake and Sonic are set to return.

Namco will include a character, but nothing has been set. I don't think they want to use Tekken because it's a more "realistic" fighter and it would be weird seeing those characters in Smash, and I think the fact Tales is mainly an Eastern series is hurting it, though. But minds could change.

Link, Marth, and Ike will be using there new styles from SS/Awakening, but adjusted for Smash. Pit will also greatly draw from Kid Icarus Uprising, I'm guessing he'll be much more talkative now. All the other characters as far as I know from Brawl are coming back.

Interest in bringing back dropped characters has been shown, specifically for Mewtwo. Chances for Roy seem lower, but possible. Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link probably less.

arvilino posted...
"few early roster tidbits"? of 10 possible new characters? That''s almost nearing the number of new characters Brawl had. That isn't a few by large margin this is all pretty doubtlessly false.
Only 4 of the characters (Ridley, K. Rool, Takamaru, and Little Mac) are definite as far as I know. That's 1 less than Brawl debuted with. The other four are merely being considered and are strong contenders.

Ghirahim may or may not make it in, the big factor for his inclusion apparently lies in the what goes on with the Zelda Series. If a new, main game comes out before Smash, Ghirahim may be dropped unless he appears as he'll be considered "old". Personally, I don't see a new mainline Zelda coming out that soon.

Shulk's inclusion apparently came about due to the strong showing in the UK and US, as it showed that Xenoblade resonated with a larger global audience. Apparently, before Xenoblade came about and gained steam, Kalas from Baten Kaitos was considered as a possibility, but I don't think it went anywhere beyond that.

Dillon and "Debu" are being considered due to Nintendo wishing to use the next Smash to help boost some series. I think one can assume that, like Pit in Brawl, they may wish to expand Dillon's series in the future.

The "Debu" character, as mentioned before, Nintendo wants to promote. Why such a push? I'm not quite sure. The only thing I know is that he's Yoshi's new dinosaur buddy, he's red, he's presumably large, and he seems to play like Yoshi. The first clone confirmed? I don't know the extent of his similarities, information about him has been very sparse.

December 14, 2012
A poster asked me about the possibility of some other characters making the roster and why things are of course subject to chance, there are a few characters who I am quite certain will not make it to playable status based on what I've heard and a few of my own observations.

*As I said before, Kalas was considered before Shulk and Xenoblade took off, but since Shulk will likely make it in, Kalas is pretty much out of luck. At best we can hope that Sakurai can include some of Baten Kaitos' stellar soundtrack.

*Level 5 as far as I know has not been contacted or contacted Sakurai in regards to Professor Layton.

*I don't think the view on Animal Crossing characters as fighters has changed. Unless there's some sort of underground fight club that Resetti runs in the new Animal Crossing, I don't think that will change so no playable Tom Nook.

*Square-Enix is surprisingly protective of Mario RPG characters, which is why all we've seen is Geno in SuperStar Saga as a cameo. I've heard rumors that it goes further than Smash...Nintendo apparently wanted to use him and other RPG characters in the Mario x SE games (like Sports Mix) but Square Enix wanted their well-known Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters instead and wouldn't let them.

* Bowser Jr. is now considered by Nintendo more or less as part of the Koopalings. Apparently that interferes with him being included, as he's been considered prior to the Koopalings returning, but now there's worry that including him and not the others isn't a good choice.

* No Sukapon, probably. Sakurai doesn't want to include Japanese-only characters unless they're known enough and have potential among Western audiences. The reason Takamaru is getting in is due to Nintendo Land, which is apparently the beginning of Nintendo's aim to introduce him to the west. I'd expect we'll see a 3D Classics Nazo no Murasame Jo released for the 3DS in the near future as part of this aim. Takamaru's character (a classic samurai) is also considered to be far more recognizable to foreign audiences than Sukapon.

* There's no plans to finish Toon Zelda, Tetra, Dixie, or Plusle and Minun, mostly revolving around the fact that their time has come, more or less, and they're dated. They were at once seriously considered, but dropped once the majority of the actual development began because they were expendable being less popular.

December 14, 2012
I believe Waluigi was chosen to be an AT for Brawl because he fit that role so well...it's his character to be "just good enough", you could say. He was never considered playable at any point for Brawl, and that hasn't changed.

I know Capcom does want a character in, but I doubt Resident Evil is what they're aiming for.

I don't think a new Fire Emblem character is going to happen. Krom isn't likely as he's considered too Marth-like in terms of his character and how that would translate into gameplay.

scottwritten posted...
@TC, Note, this is a test.

What have you heard in regards to Impa (Legend of Zelda)?
Is the test judging my knowledge of the Zelda-verse, in which we have old woman Impa in Zelda II, Muscular Impa in Ocarina, Fat Impa in Oracle, and two Impa, young and old, in Skyward Sword (and Impaz in Twilight Princess)? :p

I'm pretty sure there won't be an additional Zelda character if Ghirahim makes it, and if he doesn't, then it certainly won't be a character from Skyward Sword like Impa. Sheik will probably be redesigned and, yes, I'd say that they may draw inspiration from Impa for her new look.

InfiniteGTX Leak (June - Aug. 2013)

Claims:
1st post:
  • Little Mac will be a playable character
  • Break the Targets courses divided per franchise
  • Home-Run Contest returns
  • Event Matches return
  • Adventure mode returns
  • Home-Run Contest stays relatively the same
  • Event Matches stay relatively the same
  • Adventure Mode will lean closer to Melee's version
  • Adventure Mode will have much heavier character involvement than Melee's
  • Adventure Mode will be more important on the 3DS
2nd Post:
  • The dev team is working on Mewtwo (can't be proven)
  • Psystrike will probably be Mewtwo's Final Smash (Leaker not specific)
  • Mewtwo can change into "Awakened form" during battle
  • Changing forms will alter Mewtwo's speed, weight, mobility, and damage
  • Lucario will probably return (Leaker not specific)
  • A Pokemon rep will be the next character updated on the Smash Bros. website (Luigi was the next character updated post claim)
3rd Post:
  • Dixie Kong will be the third and final playable character from the DK franchise
  • Dixie will not be paired with Diddy nor will she be a clone, she is a unique character
  • Dixie has a floating mechanic similar to Peach's
  • King K. Rool will be a boss in Adventure Mode
  • K. Rool will be encountered multiple times as his various personalities
  • K. Rool is treated as a "less serious boss"
  • Marth is returning
  • Ike is returning
  • Chrom & Lucina are a duo character
  • Chrom & Lucina have the most unique moveset out of any
  • Their specials include each other but they have separate specials and a separate Final Smash
  • Roy will not return
  • Ice Climbers will return
  • Board the Platforms will return
  • Board the Platforms will be divided per franchise as Break the Targets
  • Stage builder will return with huge upgrades including the ability to edit the Z-plane
Notes: InfiniteGTX had an account on some forums with the same username where he created various blogs with pre-Brawl 2008 fake leaks. Among some other false things the leaks said that Krystal was going to be playable in Brawl and that Ganondorf will use his sword on his moveset. InfiniteGTX himself has confirmed that it is indeed his account but he said they were just blogs he saved from various popular rumours at the time to keep track of their validity.

InfiniteGTX's posts:

22 June 2013
This is an old GameFAQs account which I reactivated today. I don't believe I've posted often around here, but I want to clarify that I didn't just create this account all willy-nilly. I am close friends with a developer in Namco Bandai, the team which is helping develop the new Super Smash Bros. game to be released on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U next year. Super Smash Bros. has always held a special place in my heart for nostalgic reasons, so I made an effort to pry some information. Unfortunately, I don't have very much on characters, but what I was able to find out, I will share. Do not expect any form of validation or proof from my end, as that will put my friend's career at considerable risk.

I approached by asking if the wide-spread rumor regarding Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man was true; despite my repeated asking, he was only able to tell me that Little Mac is a definite playable character. He kept laughing and sighing when I asked about the other two. (This wasn't an in-person conversation, so I wasn't able to infer any non-verbal hints or clues.) Sorry, but I don't have any more on characters than that. I do, however, have a bit about some single player modes: Break the Targets will be making a comeback, and it will be handled in a compromised fashion to that of Brawl's style and its predecessors. What I mean by this is that the level designs will be broken up by franchise, and each character within that franchise will share that stage. He gave me the following example: "For instance, the Super Mario Bros. series might have a stage based on the Mushroom Kingdom, and both he and Bowser would share that stage." I asked him about characters who were stand-alone representatives for their games, and his only response was that he "couldn't say". I also asked if these stages would have varying levels of difficulty like in Brawl, to which he said, "At this point, there is only one difficulty setting."

Home-Run Contest, Event Matches, and Adventure Mode will also be returning. He had little to say about the first two (they will stay relatively the same as in previous installments), and he could not share much on Adventure Mode other than it leans closer to the style of Melee's version. Part of the reason he couldn't elaborate much on Adventure Mode--disregarding an obvious need for subtlety--is because the roster is "still being tweaked", implying much heavier character involvement as far as the story goes. Also, Adventure Mode will hold more importance on the 3DS version than on the home console. Not too sure what that entails, but I did get confirmation that it can still be accessed on both versions.

That's pretty much all the information I have. I don't have any confirmation on veteran characters, even the obvious ones. I asked him, "Why didn't they show Yoshi in the reveal trailer?" to which he only said, "I wonder!" Please keep in mind that my friend isn't exactly a high-up in the development team, but he's definitely in a position to where he'd be in the know. That said--judging from his tone of voice and scrupulous phrasing--I'd say there's still quite some bit that is unknown even to him. Take from that what you will. (I won't be making any replies, because I know how hectic topics like this can get. I'll post sometime later if I learn more, although that probably won't be for quite some time, if at all.)

19 July 2013
Previously, I made a post on this board containing some new information I learned from a close friend in the know: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66540992. (I am posting this here as to make it easier on you fellas to keep track of what's been said.) I promised that any new information I get I would share with you guys. Although I don't expect to be consistently fed information, as my friend and I rarely keep in touch, I managed to arrange a Skype call with him today, and I have some news.

Apparently the development team was just very recently given the go to start work on Mewtwo. Concept designs involve both his original and Awakened forms, the latter of which not being set as his Final Smash, contrary to popular speculation. (Right now, they are throwing around the idea of Psystrike being his Final Smash--a single-targeting attack.) Changing forms will not alter his moveset but rather his speed, weight, mobility, and damage. This concept is not finalized, as the development team is still seeking approval/counsel from GameFreak.

My friend finished our discussion on Mewtwo by saying, "His inclusion has nothing to do with Lucariobeing a playable character." I took that to mean thatLucario will be a returning character, despite both his and Mewtwo's neutral specials being the same. In hindsight, I probably should have nudged for some definite in-or-out clarification, but from the way things sound, Lucario will most likely stay for the new game.

Considering all of this, I asked if he could help me try and prove my credibility to you fellas. I thought a good way to do this would be for him to tell me the upcoming Miiverse photo to be revealed by Sakurai, but he said that Sakurai usually takes the photos the night before or the morning of, and so it usually cannot be predicted. Character updates, however, are all planned ahead of time: he said that a Pokemon representative would be the next character update on the Smash Bros. website. For some reason, he wouldn't tell me who, which leads me to believe that it is neither Lucario nor Mewtwo who will be the upcoming reveal. "Just wait and see!"

That's all that I have for the time being. As I mentioned beforehand, I'm not expecting to learn more on a frequent basis, but whenever I do manage to get a slice of information here and there, I will be sure to post. Like before, I will not be making any replies, because I know how posts like this are viewed in these kinds of communities.

4 August 2013
New information, new thread. To keep track of what's been said already, please read the previous two topics I've made on this board (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66776281). It just so happens that the day I come to make a new post, GameFAQs is having a field day with trolls and supposed prophets. Because of that, maybe this isn't the best time to make a thread, but I'll be driving to Washington for a week tomorrow evening, so I figured I'd just get this out of the way.

I'm going to make this cut and dry, for the most part. I'd like to preface by stating clearly that I don't know everything about the game. I get my information from casual conversations with a friend, and that's it. I'm saying this because I've been getting private messages requesting I "make a nudge for [X] as a playable character" and asking I spill the details on certain franchise representation. Absolutely everything that I know up until this point is shared in my threads. (That's part of the reason I won't be making replies--I quite seriously have no additional information to provide.) That said, let's cut to the chase.

Dixie Kong will be the third and final playable character from the Donkey Kong franchise. She is not paired with Diddy Kong--nor is she a clone of him--but is her own, unique character. She has a jump mechanic similar to Peach's in that holding the jump button will cause her hair to twirl and will provide gradual vertical progression for a short time. From there you can keep holding the jump button to stall your fall time as you twirl. K. Rool is also in the game, but as a boss character. After being defeated the first time as King K. Rool, he returns a couple more times in Adventure mode as Kaptain K. Rool and then Baron K. Roolenstein. Despite how I feel about it, apparently he is treated as a less serious boss.

Fire Emblem will have not one, not two, but three individual character slots: Marth, Ike, and Chrom & Lucina. "There were less cuts than you think," is what I was told after hearing this. Regarding the latter, I was told that their moveset is "most unique out of any". Every time you use any one of your specials, that character will call upon the other, and the two will execute a simple combo; after the animation is done, the original character pulls back, and the supporter takes the reins. They both have their own separate set of standard moves, and they both have their own separate Final Smash. To clarify, their special moves are different from each other, but both will include the other in some way before switching them in. Further regarding the Fire Emblem franchise, I can--unfortunately--confirm that Roy will not be returning from Melee.

Now, I'm a big lurker, and I've also been reading the forums daily as the DOJO updates to see how the community responds. I noticed that a lot of you are concerned that Ice Climbers may be cut due to the expressed hardware limitations of the 3DS. Firstly, I'll just confirm for you that they're in. Secondly, I'd like to ease your mind with your concerns of the 3DS. The hardware isn't as limited as some people are making it out to be, and it has not had quite the dramatic effect on characters as some people are imagining. From what I've been told, the real and only true problem with the 3DS regarding characters is its small screens. Ice Climbers and Olimar, especially, have been tricky to handle due to how scrambled things appear on the screen with multiples of those characters. The game is still turning out fantastically, and any sort of character reduction will be mostly aesthetic.

Board the Platforms is returning, and precisely like how they've handled Break the Targets this time around, the levels will be divided per franchise. Stage Builderreturns from Brawl, too, with huge upgrades. You can now apparently place tiles in the Z-plane, not just the X- and Y-planes. There are three layers to the former plane, the furthest and nearest being purely anesthetic placements. These two layers will have their own set of tiles to choose from. The background can be changed, the tiles come in many different textures and shades, and the editor in a whole is "just a huge improvement all around." I'm still trying to learn more about other modes and features. That's all I have for the time being. If there's anything you'd like me to find out about, post about it in a reply and I'll try to bring it up next time I catch a conversation with my friend. See you around the boards.

Oh right, I almost forgot. Ridl--

Neogaf E3 Unknown Leaker (6/10/13)

Claims:
To be shown at E3 2013:
  • "Animal Crossing Guy" (Villager)
  • Little Mac
  • Mega Man
  • Mii
  • Pac-Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Occopicus Leak (1/3/14) - Admitted Fake

Claims:
  • Little Mac is playable
  • Mii is playable
  • Pac-Man is playable
  • Mii has a customizable moveset based on a point distribution system
  • Pac-Man mostly uses attacks from his arcade game, including rolling, chomping, eating, and bouncing
  • Pac-Man uses a chain of dots as recovery and a Cherry Bomb as an explosive
  • Pac-Man is set to be revealed at 2014 though plans might change (Leaker not specific)
  • Little Mac uses a star storage system: he accrues more stars the more damage he does
  • Some attacks use stored stars to strengthen themselves
  • Little Mac uses attacks from other boxers, such as a boxing glove attached to a chain
  • Sakurai intends for most newcomers to have a gimmick
  • Muddy Mole is playable
  • Zoroark is playable
  • Muddy's down special is to dig into the ground
  • Zoroark disguises itself as other characters but if hit will momentarily revert to normal appearance
  • Attacks and hitboxes don't change when Zoroark is disguised
  • Zoroark is still being worked on (can't be proven)
  • Lucario starts as Riolu, after 20% damage it evolves
  • Lucario evolves into Mega Lucario after 100% damage
  • Mewtwo is not playable
  • Sakurai reasoned Lucario and Zoroark were of more importance (can't be proven)
Original Post:

Okay, here we go. I know I'll get a lot of hate for this, but trust me, I am telling the truth. Anyway, I am best friends with an employee of Namco Bandai and SSB4 developer, who has been telling me some info about SSB4. I've decided to leak it here. First of all, the E3 leak is 100% true.

Little Mac, Pac-Man and the Mii are all characters that are appearing in the game. The Mii can have customizable movesets, but Sakurai balanced it out pretty well with a points system. You have 100 points, and different moves cost a different amount of points. Stronger moves cost more points than weaker ones. There is always 1 free move in each category, so if you run out of points, it's no problem. You can also report offensive Miis during online play. Next, let's move on to Pac-Man.

Pac-Man uses mostly attacks from his arcade game, mixed in with a few moves from the newer games. His main attacks include rolling into enemies, chomping and eating them, and bouncing downwards quickly. He also uses a chain of dots as a tether recovery, and a cherry as an explosive ("Cherry Bomb"). He is currently set to be revealed at E3 2014, although that might change.

Meanwhile, Little Mac has a unique gimmick, Star Collection. The more damage Mac does, the more stars he gets. His Neutral and Up Specials use stars to get stronger. He also borrows moves his enemies use, as well as a zair which uses a boxing glove attached to a chain. Now, let's move on to newcomers you don't know about yet.

As you may be able to tell, Sakurai wants to give most characters a unique gimmick. The 2 other newcomers Sakurai and the team are currently (there will be more) working on shows that. They are Muddy Mole and Zoroark, 2 characters Sakurai found massive potential in. For those who don't know, Muddy Mole is from a retro game called Mole Mania. Muddy's main gimmick is digging. He can dig through the ground by holding down his Down Special. The team is still fixing a few glitches with him, but he's pretty much done.

Meanwhile, Zoroark is the character the team is working on as of now. She will have the Illusion ability, where she disguises herself as another character. If she gets hit, then she will appear normal for a few seconds. Her attacks and hitbox will not change, even if she is disguised as, say, Kirby. It's quite an obvious disguise, but it can sometimes fool people. There are quite a few glitches with her still to work on, so don't expect to see her any time soon.

The uniqueness factor also factors in to other veteran's movesets. Take, for instance, Lucario. He starts out as a Riolu now, and after 20% he becomes a Lucario. After 100%, he evolves into Mega Lucario, who is much stronger. Sadly, since we have both Lucario and Zoroark, this means Mewtwo isn't appearing. Sakurai said that Lucario had a more important role in the games, and decided to not use the anime as a factor of importance this time. Sorry, Mewtwo fans, but just isn't happening.

So, that's all I'll tell you for now, if you have any questions, feel free to ask your questions in the comments! I may not know, but it's worth a try! See you later!

Reddit Leak

Claims:
  • Adventure mode is very similar to Melee
  • Mii is playable
  • Mii's moveset is customizable, including different movesets, costumes and taunts, some of which are unlockable
  • Miis can be saved to individual slots and shared among systems
  • Stage builder has been greatly expanded upon and features an online component
  • There will be Smash AR cards which unlock new content in-game
  • August 2014 is the target release date on both platforms
  • Leaker believes Miis can be disabled (not specific)
  • An invisible meter fills when you take or give damage, once Burst! flashes across a character's HUD you can press A+B to send a shockwave out, knocking other characters back
  • Little Mac is an Assist Trophy
  • Shulk is an Assist Trophy
  • Rosalina is an Assist Trophy
Original Post:

throwaway account here! i heard some pretty big smash bros news through the grapevine..
-the game’s single player component is an adventure mode very similar to the one found in super smash bros melee
-you can create custom mii characters with different costumes, moves and taunts, and these miis can be saved to individual slots. you can trade miis between platforms and with friends, and you can upload, download and rate miis online. most of the mii parts, like new costumes and attacks, are unlockable.
-stage builder has been greatly expanded upon and has a similar online feature set to the miis
-nintendo will be producing packs of smash bros ar trading cards with original artwork, classic art, character bios, stage descriptions, item descriptions and so on. these cards can be scanned to unlock new mii parts, stage builder parts, music, trophies and other goodies.
-august 2014 is the target release date on both platforms
from what i hear, a little bit of the above is going to be shown off next month in a nintendo direct. so i suppose that’s the best proof i can give you all for now. ignore this post in the meantime if you like, but check back in a month to see how i did.

i believe there's an option to disable miis. they're more a fun distraction than anything else. something for the casual crowd.

heard some more stuff
there’s only one new gameplay mechanic. an invisible meter fills whenever you hit the opponent and when the opponent hits you. when it maxes out the word ‘burst!’ appears on your hud and you can press a+b together on the ground or in the air to strike a pose and send a shockwave out of your character, knocking back anyone in the immediate vicinity. it doesn’t do any damage and is intended to get out of combos or make room between you and the opponents.
little mac is still an assist trophy. my friend has also seen shulk from xenoblade and rosalina as assist trophies.

Sound Guy Leak (2/2/14)

Claims:
  • Not every character receives a unique victory theme
  • Yoshi returns
  • Wario returns
  • Ice Climbers return
  • Captain Falcon returns
  • Mr. Game & Watch returns
  • R.O.B. returns
  • Snake returns
  • Little Mac is playable
  • Takamaru is playable
  • Chibi-Robo is playable
  • No new series apart from those three and the existing ones
  • Ike returns
  • Chrom is playable
  • Ike is unlockable
  • Ike's reveal will coincide with SMTxFE or will occur post-launch
  • Chrom is a unique character
  • Chrom will be revealed in April 2014
  • Chrom uses a sword and spear
  • Roy does not return
  • Leaker believes Ridley is playable but cannot confirm. Recorded above-screen KO for him. (not specific)
  • Palutena leak is valid
  • King K. Rool is planned to be revealed at E3 2014
  • King K. Rool is the heaviest character
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage
  • Falco returns and is reworked
  • Wolf returns
  • Home-Run Contest returns
  • Break the Targets returns
  • Board the Platforms returns
  • No cuts are planned, but Lucas would be the one to go if any
  • Mewtwo returns
  • Waluigi is still an Assist Trophy
  • Andross is still an Assist Trophy
  • Diddy will be the next character revealed (as of Feb. 2 2014) (Little Mac was revealed prior to Diddy)
  • Lucina will have lines/dialogue in the game
  • Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (X/Y), and Bumpy March are tracks in the game
  • Shulk is an Assist Trophy
  • Xenoblade has a stage on Wii U
Original Post:

Hello, all fans. I'm aware that some false "leaks" have been making their rounds across the Web, with one notable one being legitimate, and I just wanted to reveal some things. I've recently retired after coming into a fair amount of money, so I have no risk of losing anything by doing this (or so I hope!) and just wished to give you Super Smash fans some inside scoops. Sadly, I worked in the sound department, so I'm not entirely sure about everything, and was unable to get pictures. All information I give here was what was given to me on lunchbreaks from my colleagues. With that out of the way, let's get onto the show! That being said, I made a new account as to not be able to be traced back. Hope this isn't an issue.

- Since I worked in the sound department, I can confirm that everyone will NOT have their own victory theme, at least at the time of writing. Somewhere down the road, perhaps, if time allows, but the first job dealing with victory themes just told us to create one for each series, like before. Meta Knight's variant was kept at the start, though.

- Because of this, I can confirm that the veterans who are the sole character in their series are coming back. These ones in particular: Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climber, Mr. Game and Watch, Robot, Captain Falcon and Solid Snake. Yes, Snake is returning. I know some fans were worried about him, but fear not!

- In addition, our job description entailed having a victory theme prepared for Punch-Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo and Chibi-Robo. I think we can assume that a character is getting in from these games. These are the only other new series that we needed to compose for that haven't been revealed yet.

- As a fan of Fire Emblem, a friend of mine has informed me that in addition to Marth coming back, Ike will return and Chrom will be added. The current plan is to have Ike become an unlockable, due to him being less in the public eye. He shall either be revealed to coincide with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or held off until the game's release (whichever comes first...even Sakurai's not sure when SMTxFE is being released). Chrom is unique from the two, and will be revealed mid-April, to coincide with Fire Emblem's anniversary. He utilizes both a sword and spear, making him a tactical character. There are currently no plans for Roy.
- At one point, I helped record a sound effect for an above-screen KO for Ridley. I believe this confirms that he's a playable character.

- The Palutena leak from a while back is correct, as I helped record her lines. Some of the development team was notably upset that it happened, but the situation with that leaker has been taken care of, to my knowledge.

- One of my friends that works in PR informed me that King K. Rool is planned to be released at E3 2014, fighting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on the Gangplank Galleon. He is the heaviest character.

- Falco and Wolf are both returning, and Falco is getting a rework, if the new sound effects we recorded are anything to go by. They seem to imply and Arwing Final Smash, as well as a hawk-like screech. Not sure what that screech is used for, though.

- When recording the lines for the announcer, I can confirm that Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets and Board the Platforms will be making a comeback. The announcer is the same for both versions.

- At the time, no cuts are planned, but if deadlines aren't met, Lucas is the first to go, according to Sakurai's priority list. That being said, if Lucas is revealed, a no-cut scenario is rather likely.

- Some of the staff were joking around and saying that Mewtwo should be revealed, since his birthday is on 6 February 2014. This sort of implies he'll be making it back, though I wouldn't bank on that particular date

- Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy, as we needed to convert his sound pack. Andross does as well. That sound effect is rather hard to miss.
- Diddy is the next reveal, though many have guessed that.

- We recorded a few lines for Lucina. Whether she is an Assist Trophy or part of Chrom's Final Smash is unknown.

- We actually brought in my neighbor's dog to record the sound effect for the Nintendog.

- Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), and Bumpy March were the last songs I helped work on.

- Shulk is an Assist Trophy, to my disappointment. I asked a friend of mine (the same one who gave me the Fire Emblem information). However, there is a good amount of Xenoblade songs, as well as a stage on the Wii U.

That's all I have. I'm sure you're questioning this thing's validity, but let me assure you. After Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch will be the next veteran revealed. As well, we will get a newcomer toward the end of February. More than likely, it will be Palutena, in order to quiet the leak a bit more.

Translator Leak (1/10/14)

Claims:

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer
  • Waluigi and Toad were both considered at one point (can't be proven)
  • Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy
  • Toad remains a move for Peach
  • Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, and Daisy were never considered (can't be proven)
  • Bowser Jr. was planned as an Assist Trophy (can't be proven)
  • Fawful is an Assist Trophy with similar function to Resetti. He will attack opponents at random as well.
  • Hammer Bro. Assist Trophy has been removed
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran (as of Jan. 2014) to coincide with Tropical Freeze (Lucario was revealed prior to Tropical Freeze)
  • Diddy and Dixie are a tag-team similar to Zelda and Sheik
  • Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy
  • Dixie is still being worked on (can't be proven)
  • King K. Rool is the heaviest character on the roster, powerful and can KO light character with 2 Smash Attacks
  • King K. Rool's Final Smash employs the use of the blunderbuss and cannonballs from the top and sides of the screen
  • There is a Zelda newcomer
  • The most often heard names in regard to the Zelda newcomer are Tingle and Ghirahim (can't be proven)
  • Ganondorf is buffed although he retains some of Captain Falcon's moves.
  • Ganondorf can equip a sword using his Down Special
  • Chrom is playable, wielding the Falchion
  • Chrom does not replace Ike
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed in celebration of FE1's anniversary (April 20th)
  • Lyn Assist Trophy has been removed
  • King Gangrel & Aversa are a new Assist Trophy: Gangrel runs around slicing with his word while Aversa flies above using Aversa's night
  • No Yoshi newcomers
  • No Wario newcomers
  • Wario's overalls have become his default attire
  • Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been removed
  • Ashley from WarioWare is an Assist Trophy (Ashley was confirmed as an Assist Trophy on January 15th, 2014)
  • Ridley is a newcomer, he has been scaled down
  • No Star Fox newcomers
  • Falco is further luigified
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone
  • Villager has a female costume
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy
  • Tom Nook is an Assist Trophy. He drops bells which cause tripping
  • Palutena is playable
  • Palutena's moves are based directly off her attacks in Uprising
  • Magnus is an Assist Trophy acting similar to Little Mac's Assist Trophy in Brawl
  • All Brawl Pokemon veterans return
  • Mewtwo is playable
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets
  • No Kirby newcomers
  • Meta-Knight will be revealed summer 2014
  • No EarthBound/Mother newcomers
  • Mr. Game & Watch returns
  • R.O.B. returns
  • Ice Climbers return
  • Little Mac is playable in his Punch-Out Wii appearance
  • Male Wii Fit trainer is an alternate costume for Wii Fit Trainer
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack which will be replaced by a headbutt for the Male Trainer
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy
  • Luigi Mansion Ghosts are an Assist Trophy
  • Snake returns
  • Pac-Man is playable
  • Pac-Man is the "final newcomer" and a secret character

Original Post:

Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.
He told me to expect quite a few newcomers and some surprises. Go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but when I get everything right, I will be the one laughing all the way to...uh...my...house.

MARIO

*Rosalina is the first and only Mario newcomer for the game.

*There were plans Waluigi to be playable but he was scrapped and his Assist has been greatly updated and is more devastating than ever before. After Waluigi, the plan was originally to have Toad playable but he was later decided to remain as Peach's B move.

*There were never any plans for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Daisy to be playable. The former was considered to be an Assist Trophy, but that idea was quickly rid of in favor of a cult favorite Mario character.

*Fawful is the new Mario Assist Trophy, he replaces Hammer Bro. Fawful is kind-of like this game's Mr. Resetti and he flies around the screen talking in his amazingly hilarious voice and will attack players at random.

DONKEY KONG

*The next character revealed will be Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze's JP release date.

*There will be a DK newcomer, though. It's King K. Rool...AND Dixie Kong. K. Rool is a standalone player and the heaviest fighter on the roster. Since he is heavy, he is also very powerful and is capable of launching fighters like Kirby and Olimar off the screen with two heavy Smash attacks. He does use the blunderbuss as his final smash. He jumps in the air and releases cannonballs from the top of the screen while launching mini-cannonballs from the side of the screen. Gangplank Galleon is confirmed to be a stage.

*Dixie Kong will be paired with Diddy Kong. Although, they'll play more like Zelda/Shiek than the Ice Climbers. Dixie has her own separate moveset but her moves are not confirmed as she not fully worked on yet.

ZELDA

*There is a Zelda newcomer but who that is, I do not know. They are keeping it a real secret. I did hear the Japanese names for Ghirahim and Tingle but if they're playable, I do not know.

*Ganondorf will retain some of C. Falcon's moveset but he has been buffed. His moveset now includes his sword. The sword can be equipped by crouching down and pressing B.

FIRE EMBLEM

*The newcomer for Fire Emblem is Chrom. As if it wasn't obvious enough, he uses the Falchion as his main attack and does NOT replace Ike. Marth, Ike and Chrom are the Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is planned to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the very first game.

*The Assist Trophy for the series is now King Gangrel and Aversa, actually. Lyn does not return. Gangrel runs fast across the stage using his Levin Sword while Aversa flies in the air using her 'Aversa's Night' as an attack. They are considered by Sakurai to be the most "unexpected" additions.

WARIO & YOSHI

*There are no major changes but Wario's classic attire is his default attire. I dunno if movesets are changed or not.

*Ashley is Wario's Assist Trophy and replaces Kat & Ana.

METROID

*Ridley is Metroid's newcomer. They scaled him down to size. Remember that Brawl video showcasing him against the PT Trainer? He looks almost exactly like that. What they did is amazSTAR FOX

*There are no major changes but Falco is further away from being a Fox clone and Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.

ANIMAL CROSSING

*Villager does have a female alt but nothing is changed.

*Tom Nook is the Assist Trophy alongside Mr. Resetti. He will go around randomly dropping bells, causing players to slip.

KID ICARUS

*Palutena is a newcomer. Her arsenal is almost entirely based from Uprising, is what I heard.

*Magnus is the KI Assist Trophy. He goes around swinging a sword and plays similar to Little Mac: fast, strong, but at times, suicidal.

POKEMON

*Mewtwo returns.

*Jigglypuff returns

*No cuts are made.

*Mewtwo and Lucario are not clones and their movesets barely resemble each others'.

KIRBY

*No newcomers for the Kirby series.

*Meta Knight will be revealed in the Summer of 2014, is what I remember.

MOTHER

*There are no major changes made to the Mother series.

RANDOM SERIES

*All misc. characters return with the addition of Little Mac. He looks like he does in the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!!

*WFT's male alt plays almost exactly like the female WFT.

*Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead.

*King Hippo and the Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion are Assist Trophies.

*I may have left out a few more veterans and stuff, but I am only retelling what I was told.

THIRD-PARTY

*We have Sonic and Mega Man in the third party slot.

*Snake does indeed return.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer revealed. Well, he won't be revealed...he'll be a secret character.

Go ahead and don't believe me. I know it's a lot to swallow but trust me, I know what I'm doing.ing according to Sakurai.

Supposed Roster:

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Dead Leaks (continued)
"ChaosZero/Brawl-era Leaker" Leak (1/19/14)

Claims:

• Ridley is a stage hazard
  • King K. Rool is not playable
  • Diddy returns, is not partnered with Dixie (Leaker didn't specify if Dixie is playable)
  • Online will have host rooms and individual item/rule set up
Notes: Leaker claims to have obtained this information from ChaosZero, a Brawl-era leaker who provided valid leaks for the previous game. The current leaker's claims of relation to ChaosZero are unverified.
Update: ChaosZero has verified this "leak" was not provided by him, however as the leaker never specified which Brawl-era leaker gave him this information, the leak cannot yet be deconfirmed.
The current most suspected "leaker" of this information is PortraitofRuin, another Brawl-era leaker. However, as before, these claims remain unverified and likely fake. In all likelihood this leak will only be able to be deconfirmed when and if the information is proven false.

Original Post:

I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.

I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.

My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:

Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.

That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.

E. Gadd Leak (1/28/14)

Claims:

• Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy. He flies around in his Koopa Clown Car throwing items
  • "Toad House" is an Assist Trophy. A toad house pops up and Toadsworth exists, giving the summoner items
  • Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy
  • Hammer Bro. returns as an Assist Trophy
  • Lakitu has been removed
  • Professor E. Gadd is playable.
  • E. Gadd uses different Poltergusts and their accessories. Ghost Portrificationizer is his Final Smash
  • King Boo is an Assist Trophy who summons other Boos
  • Dixie Kong is playable. She is separate from Diddy and uses her hair
  • Cranky Kong is an Assist Trophy and bounces with his cane
  • King K. Rool is a stage element on Gangplank Galleon
  • Wario has no newcomers
  • Yoshi has no newcomers
  • Kat & Ana return as an Assist Trophy
  • Kamek is an Assist Trophy. He changes the size of characters
  • Sheik returns
  • Impa is not playable
  • Ganondorf's moveset has not changed
  • Tingle is playable
  • Tingle uses rupees, bombs, and balloons
  • Midna and Wolf Link are an Assist Trophy. Wolf Link bites opponents and Midna occasionally uses dark magic
  • Beedle is an Assist Trophy who summons items
  • Zero Suit Samus returns
  • Ridley is a boss
  • Metroid returns as an Assist Trophy
Original Post:

I can’t tell you how I got this information. Even if I did, I feel as if it would make no difference due to the “fake leaks” that have been flying around the web lately. It will be up to you, the reader, to decide whether or not you want to believe what I am about to tell you.
• Bowser Jr. appears as an assist trophy. He flies around in his Koopa Clown Car and throws bomb-ombs and other items.
• “Toad House” is a new assist trophy. A Toad House will pop out of the ground and Toadsworth will open the door and walk out. He will throw items to the player that summoned the assist trophy.
• Waluigi and Hammer Bro return as assist trophies. Lakitu has been scrapped.
• Professor E Gadd is one of the newcomers and he looks amazing in HD. He uses the Super Poltergust 3001 in his moveset and the Ghost Portrificationizer is his final smash. He also uses the Poltergust 5000 and its accessories, such as the Strobulb.
• King Boo is an assist trophy. He summons lots of hostile Boos that will follow players when they aren’t facing them, but the Boos shield their face and stop if a player turns to them. King Boo and all the Boos will eventually disappear.
• Dixie Kong is not with Diddy. She is her own character and uses her hair in her moveset.
• Cranky Kong is an assist trophy. He uses his cane to bounce around on top of foes.
• King K Rool does make an appearance as a stage element on Gangplank Galleon.
• Warioware and Yoshi have no newcomers.
• Kat & Ana return as an assist trophy.
• Kamek makes an appearance as an assist trophy. He changes the sizes of characters and causes chaos around the stage.
• Sheik returns the same and is not replaced by Impa.
• Ganondorf also returns the same. He does not have a new moveset with his sword.
• Tingle is the new Legend of Zelda character. He uses rupees, balloons, and bombs. He is extremely fun to play as.
• Midna and Wolf Link is a new assist trophy. Wolf Link will run around biting at opponents and Midna will occasionally use the dark energy attack.
• Beedle is another new assist trophy. He summons items, but opponents can possibly use them.
• Zero Suit Samus returns.
• Ridley does not appear as a character or a stage hazard. He is a boss and has been greatly improved from Brawl.
• The Metroid assist trophy returns.I will be posting the rest of the information I have over the next couple of days. All the information stated has been completed and will not change.

Jumpman Leak (12/9/13)

Claims:

• Roster is around 40 characters
  • Mewtwo returns
  • Dixie Kong is playable
  • Mii is playable
  • Jumpman is playable
  • R.O.B. returns
  • Lucario returns
  • Snake does not return
  • Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy
  • A Tetris stage is in the game
  • Cannon Box from Super Mario 3D World is an item
Original Post:

Specifically made this account to avoid any trouble.
I'm on these boards and Smash Boards under a different acct. name.
Found out a few things and I'm willing to share. I trust my source, but I haven't seen anything first hand:

-Roster is around 40 characters
-Mewtwo is back
-Dixie Kong, Mii, Jumpman are all in
-ROB, Lucario are back
-Snake is not back
-Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy
-There's a stage based on Tetris
-The Cannon Box from Super Mario 3D World is an item

This is everything I know, don't bother to ask me about more information.

Neoseeker Leak #1 (1/15/14)

Claims:

• Ridley is playable
  • Ridley is the largest character
  • Ridley's Final Smash is Omega Ridley
  • Pyrosphere is Ridley's home stage
  • Metroid returns as an Assist Trophy
  • Anthony Higgs is an Assist Trophy
  • Little Mac is playable
  • Little Mac is quick and has good recovery (Little Mac does not appear to have good recovery, however pending more information it can't be verified)
  • The boxing ring is Little Mac's home stage
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy
  • Nabbit is an Assist Trophy
  • Toadsworth is an Assist Trophy
  • Kamek is an Assist Trophy
  • Cranky Kong is an Assist Trophy
  • Tingle is an Assist Trophy
  • Beedle is an Assist Trophy
  • Tom Nook is an Assist Trophy
  • Hector is an Assist Trophy
Original Post:

"I moved to the United States about a year ago. I learned English, got a job, and am pretty content here. I stayed in contact with a few of my buddies back in Japan. One works for Nintendo and is involved in the development of Super Smash Brothers 4. I just gained interest in the game and asked him if he could share a few details. He was reluctant at first, but did anyway.

-Ridley is among one of the newcomers. He is the largest character and his final smash is Omega Ridley.

-Pyrosphere is Ridley's home stage.

-The Metroid assist trophy returns

-Anthony Higgs is a new Metroid assist trophy

-Little Mac is another newcomer. He is very quick and has a decent recovery so Little Mac is hard to KO.

-Boxing Ring is Little Mac's home stage

-King Hippo is the Punch Out!! assist trophy

-Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, and Hector are some of the new assist trophies"

NotSakurai Leak (1/3/14)

Claims:

• Barrel Cannon returns as an item
  • Tiki's Tear is a new item from Awakening. It increases damage given and decreases damage taken
  • Baby Yoshi is a new item. He blocks projectiles, can wander off the stage and be killed
  • Lor Starcutter is a stage on Wii U. The stage tilts due to Landia and Magolor fighting
  • Pokemon World Tournament is a stage on 3DS. Pokemon fight on the stage and become stage hazards if the Mega Evolve
  • Chimera Factory from Mother 3 is a stage on 3DS
  • An 8-bit Ice Climber stage appears on both platforms with destructible platforms and interactive enemies
  • Prison Island from Xenoblade is a stage on Wii U. Metal Face is in the background
  • Metal Face is a boss in Adventure Mode
  • No Melee stages return
  • Tharja is an Assist Trophy. She damages opponents and heals the summoner
  • Tails is an Assist Trophy. He saves users from falling off the stage once, but can be KO'd.
  • Magnus is an Assist Trophy. He attacks with his sword
  • He is a stance change character, with costumes for both genders and a Final Smash that involves Grima
  • Grima is a boss in Adventure Mode
  • Shulk is playable
  • Shulk is the newest character on the roster
  • Ridley is playable
  • Ridley was added due to western demand (can't be proven)
  • Ridley is the largest character in the game, focuses on aerial combat, can glide, and has Meta Ridley as a Final Smash
  • The Brawl Pokemon veterans return
  • Mewtwo returns
  • Solid Snake could be replaced by Naked Snake
  • No more Mario newcomers past Rosalina
  • Dr. Mario is an alternate costume
  • No Brawl characters are cut with the possible replacement of Snake (with Naked Snake)
Original Post:

Copying its content over because the dumbarse GameFAQs mods delete all "leaks."

Pardon if the English I use is not the best.

Before I go on and discuss what I know, I am not Sakurai. I am not claiming to have worked on the game, though I have seen some production sketches and even heard about the game progress over dinner with a few of my friends who work on the game. If you do not wish to be spoiled or disappointed, I suggest to stop reading. Now here is what I know for sure.

New Items:

Barrel Cannon from Melee and Donkey Kong

Tiki's Tear, which increases damage given by 1.1X and damage taken .9X. From Fire Emblem Kakusei

Baby Yoshi that blocks projectiles, can wander off stage and can be KO'd. From New Super Mario Brothers U

New Stages Include

Lor Starcutter, which is a peaceful stage that can tilt due to Landia and Magalor Fighting over the Master Crown. This stage is on the Wii U.

Pokemon World Tournament, in which certain Pokemon like Garchomp and Tyranitar will battle. They become a stage hazard when Mega Evolution is in play though! This stage is on the 3DS.

A Chimera Factory stage from Mother 3, in which different chimeras roam, waiting for snack! This stage is on the 3DS

An 8 bit version of Ice Climber, in which players can destroy platforms and use enemies to KO opponents, This stage is on both Wii U and 3DS

Prison Island from Xenoblade, in which Metal Face appears in the background, and is fought in adventure mode. The music is to die for on this stage. This Stage is on the Wii U

No Melee Stage is returning unless you count Battlefield and Final Destination.

New Assist Trophies

Sallya, who uses Dark Magic to damage the opponent and heal her summoner. From Fire Emblem Kakusei

Tails, who can save a summoner from being knocked off only once, but can be KO'd himself.

Magnus from Kid Icarus, who uses his sword to do two strikes, but can be dodged easily.

Character Details

My Unit from Fire Emblem Kakusei is a newcomer. My Unit uses a unique stance change moveset, in order to diversify the Fire Emblem newcomers. There are costumes for both a male and female My Unit. The final smash involves Grima, though Grima is also an adventure mode boss.

Shulk, who uses the Monodo to strengthen his own attributes in battle, and is about as fast as link normally. He is the most recent character to be added into Smash Bros.

Ridley, who Sakurai added in order to please Western Fans. He is the largest character in the game, a bit taller than Bowser. He focuses on aerial combat, and has a hover much like Peach's, His final smash is Meta Ridley

The Pokemon Lineup is Mewtwo, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer, who reprises his pokemon.

Discussion on Snakes return are vague. The possibility of replacing Solid Snake with Naked Snake is there...

There are no other Mario characters besides Rosalina added, though Dr Mario is a Mario Skin...

The only cut characters are Pichu, Young Link, and Roy. Snake is possible at this point, if only to be replaced by his father, who would be called Snake.

Keep in mind that this is all i know, and this is a throwaway account.

Chrom Leak (3/31/14)

(Safe For Work edit)

Notes: An image claiming to be a leak of Chrom on the Wii U was posted on 4Chan. Due to the picture containing an explicit hand gesture, this only contains the censored version.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'd love for everything said to be true but I'm not going to get myself too hyped since the legitimacy is very questionable. If that paragraph about the next character reveal was true and it's proven eventually that a lot of characters will be revealed to hype up the release of a new game, we would be waiting for roughly 2 and a half months which to me doesn't seem likely. I'd think we'd at least get a new character reveal in a month and a half after Olimar's reveal.

Edit: Curmudgeon ninja'd me, interesting about the Pokémon event. I'm still not getting my hopes up too much whatsoever. Prove me wrong though, please, I wouldn't mind. :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll be happy just as long as Mewtwo is playable. The dual form playability sounds interesting.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I always get super hyped up and excited whenever I see rumours like this, but then 3 days later a new thread is posted saying that the previous rumour was fake and its feels like a kick in the ol' nutsack of my hype.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ideas sound nice, but I think it's a lot more work to have Break the Targets for each franchise.

I mean... Sakurai had to work with 5 before, each for every difficulty level
Now he'd had to work with:
Mario
Zelda
Star Fox
Kirby
Kid Ikarus
Donkey Kong
Pokemon
Other

8 at the very least. Too much work. I personally don't mind one per difficulty level, if anything, I like comparing which characters do better at what Break the Targets stage.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Ideas sound nice, but I think it's a lot more work to have Break the Targets for each franchise.

I mean... Sakurai had to work with 5 before, each for every difficulty level
Now he'd had to work with:
Mario
Zelda
Star Fox
Kirby
Kid Ikarus
Donkey Kong
Pokemon
Other

8 at the very least. Too much work. I personally don't mind one per difficulty level, if anything, I like comparing which characters do better at what Break the Targets stage.

Well now that they got rid of the SSE, they should have more time to work on many BtT stages

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well now that they got rid of the SSE, they should have more time to work on many BtT stages

While that makes sense, don't forget they're working on TWO separate Smash Bros. Other than Battlefield and Final Destination, I'm almost sure the stages will be completely different from Wii U to 3DS.

But I do think having no SSE means a lot less resources/time/etc on that... (However there's also the fact that Adventure Mode will return either way... And again, maybe the stages for Wii U and 3DS respective Adventure modes could be different).

*overheats*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I would hope that these rumors are true, especially the latter, but I'm not holding my breath after the last one. Either way we'll find out on whether or not he's telling the truth when the Dojo updates with the next confirmed character.

EDIT: As a note though, the Tokyo Pokemon Game Show is in Mid August.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Well I would hope that these rumors are true, especially the latter, but I'm not holding my breath after the last one. Either way we'll find out on whether or not he's telling the truth when the Dojo updates with the next confirmed character.

EDIT: As a note though, the Tokyo Pokemon Game Show is in Mid August.
The next confirmed character doesn't prove anything he has said. The only acceptable evidence that most things he says is true is that it will come to pass. We would have to see Mewtwo in both forms, and so forth.

As a note, if enough people make enough predictions, one of them is bound to be correct.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I wonder what Pokémon rep will be the one revealed (if this rumor is true of course). Maybe Pokémon Trainer? He seems like the only possible choice.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I would not mind if the rumor is true I just don't want him to reveal to much in advance, I want reveals to be spaced out a little to help kill time

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Sounds cool. Idk, though. These guys are always so sketchy with their ramblings.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This all sounds like stuff I wouldn't mind, but it's all so generic "could be right, could be a little wrong" that it doesn't seem legit.

The Pokemon getting the next revealed character bit proves this, considering the current "trend/idea" is that they'll reveal characters to hype/sync with game releases, Pokemon X/Y in this case. I'm not saying it wouldn't prove this, but seems like a fallback statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
My uncle is Nintendo and I can confirm that Naruto and Avatar will be unlockable characters in Smash Brothers 4

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My grandmother's cat is Namco Bandai AND Nintendo. I can confirm he is in fact right.

It's a really fat cat.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well. The rumor is possible. We can't prove him wrong and we can't prove him right.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My issue is. He tries to make it sound as if the next Pokemon rep will be someone we're going to be excited about.

But other than Jiggly and potentially Pokemon Trainer. There's really no one from Pokemon I'd expect to get in other than Mewtwo.

I'd be surprised if the Pokemon roster wasn't anything else other than Pikachu, Jigglypuff, PT, and Mewtwo. I think the only change is that PT might have new Pokemon?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My issue is. He tries to make it sound as if the next Pokemon rep will be someone we're going to be excited about.

But other than Jiggly and potentially Pokemon Trainer. There's really no one from Pokemon I'd expect to get in other than Mewtwo.

I'd be surprised if the Pokemon roster wasn't anything else other than Pikachu, Jigglypuff, PT, and Mewtwo. I think the only change is that PT might have new Pokemon?
No Lucario?

PT better not have new pokemon...

I want my Ivysaur. :ivysaur:

Really though, we can't do much until the next character update. That will show if he's right or wrong.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm operating under the assumption that Lucario would be replaceed with Mewtwo.

That's probably a wrong assumption, but what the hell. :laugh:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
As someone who haven't played the latest pokemon games: Why would Lucario stay?
Is he like the most popular pkmn from the latest games? I didn't even know about Lucario before seeing him in brawl. If Mewtwo get in I think it seems weird that Lucario would stay. Can't realy make them clones either if Mewtwo is already going to have the ability to swith between speed/power-mode. But yeah, if Lucario is a super popular character I understand. So, is he?

edit: Ofcourse, if the rumour is true, he could just have missinterpreted his friend. The friend might just have said the "mewtwo/Lucario"-thing to not confirm or leak that Lucario is getting cut. Even thou he is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Doesn't sound like anything unbelievable. I'm not really sold that this guy knows anything though, the "I have a friend who works for X" thing never works out to my experience, he's just predicting obvious things like Mewtwo, Break the Targets, Events and Little Mac.

I do however hope that the next character revealed is a Pokémon character like he says, that'd obviously mean the reveal of Pokémon Trainer, given that Jiggs and Mewtwo are most likely unlockable, and Lucario surely isn't as high on the priority list as he is. Pokémon Trainer is one of the characters I'm the most hyped about seeing, can't wait to see how each Pokémon looks.

As someone who haven't played the latest pokemon games: Why would Lucario stay?
Is he like the most popular pkmn from the latest games? I didn't even know about Lucario before seeing him in brawl. If Mewtwo get in I think it seems weird that Lucario would stay. Can't realy make them clones either if Mewtwo is already going to have the ability to swith between speed/power-mode. But yeah, if Lucario is a super popular character I understand. So, is he?

edit: Ofcourse, if the rumour is true, he could just have missinterpreted his friend. The friend might just have said the "mewtwo/Lucario"-thing to not confirm or leak that Lucario is getting cut. Even thou he is.
Lucario is more or less a promotional Pokémon. He was never close to being as popular as Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard, and it can be argued whether he's even on Jigglypuff level. However, he was and is still used heavily for promoting things for whatever reason.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Here's what I don't believe about this. If his friend really did work on the development team, why would he be cryptic about what's in the game while still leaking stuff, implying he knows more than he's letting on? If you're caught leaking, you're going to lose your job regardless so if you're going to leak, you might as well leak all out. This guy also specifically said that he's not responding to any responses which makes badgering him fairly useless; his justification is kinda hilarious since really not giving replies allows him to avoid having to defend himself and possibly compromising his own credibility.

As per everything he said, all of it was plausible insofar as guessing is concerned; it could all be true, and he could still be a liar. He's not going to answer anything we say so we might as well just carry on as though we didn't have a "leak" at all. I mean, we already thought all of those things might or might not be true, and now we know they might or might not be true. What has changed?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
He says that it wasn't an in-person conversation, but then he says "judging by his tone"... I don't know. Anyway, the info is so generic and obvious that I don't really care.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As always: Treating it as BS until proven.

But still, it's one of the few rumours which I want to be true.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Here's what I don't believe about this. If his friend really did work on the development team, why would he be cryptic about what's in the game while still leaking stuff, implying he knows more than he's letting on? If you're caught leaking, you're going to lose your job regardless so if you're going to leak, you might as well leak all out. This guy also specifically said that he's not responding to any responses which makes badgering him fairly useless; his justification is kinda hilarious since really not giving replies allows him to avoid having to defend himself and possibly compromising his own credibility.

As per everything he said, all of it was plausible insofar as guessing is concerned; it could all be true, and he could still be a liar. He's not going to answer anything we say so we might as well just carry on as though we didn't have a "leak" at all. I mean, we already thought all of those things might or might not be true, and now we know they might or might not be true. What has changed?
RealTalk - Best post on this topic.

Lol at 24 Guests viewing...these Trolls are starving !!!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The source said Mewtwo's still in development, so maybe the new character reveal is Jigglypuff with new fairy type moves from X and Y. Maybe Jiggly will be available from the start of the game, like Ness and C. Falcon were available at the start of melee.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Not giving creds or kneeling down to give a BJ to the leaker or anything but.

Didnt Sakurai or Ninty say that GameFreak are abit of a b_tch to work with? I dont get why...they both make a tone of ££££ and release games pretty often...and have been doing so for years..they are a huge chunk of Nintys gold mine..you woukd think that they would have a healthy working relationship...but hey...i dont know the in's and out's..so yh....

What if Sakurai is really on the idea of Mewtwo but GameFreak says No....

XD im just pouring Fuel over fire arent i...well Its negative but could happen...man that would be ....speechless RealTalk.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, basically, whether or not Pokemon Trainer is revealed next will determine this leak's legitimacy (since a newcomer and probably Mewtwo would get trailers and Jigglypuff/Lucario are unlockables). Part of me wonders whether the order of character updates can change around and ruin an accurate leak, but since he says they're all scheduled by now, that probably won't happen. Bring on August!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In order for this rumor to be true, all cases within it must be true. Not any of this "oh it partially came true so it must all be true" bull that you guys tried to do with the Little Mac, Pac-man, and Mii rumor.

The next revealed character must be a Pokemon character, Little Mac must be in the game, and there must be reliable proof (including being shown as playable directly) that they are/have been working on Mewtwo and his other form being playable.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I agree with everyone here, he's only predicting the obvious and very likely. With the Pokemon event coming mid-August, of course they're going to reveal a Pokemon character!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My intuition tells me you're all wrong about a Pokemon character being revealed mid-August. It makes too much sense.
Also Murphy's Law. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. Just like this prediction.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
probably my favorite rumor so far.

laughing at miis and Pac Man? YES.
little mac? OH YEAH.
Lucario still in? BEST THING EVER!

Ulevo

Smash Master
Coming from someone who had Pokemon Trainer as his favourite low tier in Brawl, I kinda hope they don't include Pokemon Trainer going forward. There were too many design problems he suffered with, and even though I think Sakurai is taking the game in the correct direction, I'm concerned it won't be done right a second time.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Coming from someone who had Pokemon Trainer as his favourite low tier in Brawl, I kinda hope they don't include Pokemon Trainer going forward. There were too many design problems he suffered with, and even though I think Sakurai is taking the game in the correct direction, I'm concerned it won't be done right a second time.

I'm not sure I understand this. What do you mean him "going forward". You mean chasig after the action? I still think that was a nice detail. As well as giving him a platform to stand on in places where there are no platforms in the background for him to stand on. :3

EDIT:

Just hoping it's Pokemon Trainer so at least I have a 2nd confirmed veteran that I like.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Apparently there's also a Pokémon event in Tokyo on August 17 & 18 that lines up with this guy's rumor

This is actually a contradiction. Notice the date that he wrote the this presumed rumor: 6/20, which means that the first character that was revealed was not a Pokemon. It was Olimar. Also this is an old rumor and is somewhere else on the forums.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom