• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Player Location World Map

Department of

Smash Rookie
Revere, MA

There's a group at my school that plays in downtown Boston every once in a while too.

DMoogle

A$
Hmmm, perhaps I can monetize my worth. My loyalty could lie to either side. We should have an auction.

Also, is the map not working for anyone else? As in, if I click a name or click a marker, nothing happens. Happened with both Firefox and I.E.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hmmm, perhaps I can monetize my worth. My loyalty could lie to either side. We should have an auction.

Also, is the map not working for anyone else? As in, if I click a name or click a marker, nothing happens. Happened with both Firefox and I.E.
Works perfectly fine for me. I'm using firefox.

Department of

Smash Rookie
Are there tournaments in Boston, and if so is there a page where I can check out what's happening?

Yeah, I just found out about a few of the tournaments in Boston. Every Tuesday night there's a pretty big Melee tournament in the Harvard area. KoreanDJ and some other really good players go to that. They had 41 people enter last week and they even stream it live too. I just found out about it, so I'm not sure, but I bet a bunch of people who go to that would also be down for some 64... Here's the link to that:

http://smashboards.com/threads/game...quare-november-12th-2013-cambridge-ma.341855/

I've been looking for some 64 action since that's the one that I've been playing the most over the past 10 years, and I found out that there's a place that people play it every Tuesday night as well. Here's a link to that info if you're interested:

http://digboston.com/boston-music-concerts/2013/05/local-game-night-good-life/

I wish there was a way to organize things a little better on here because both of these things took quite a bit of digging to find since I'm not in the scene/don't know anyone who goes to these. Or maybe there is a way and I just don't know about it. Anyway, let me know if you're ever up here in the area and we can try to get something set up to play.

Department of

Smash Rookie
PS- About that second link, I talked to someone today who went to it and he said they had about 3 tvs going with SSB 64 on them, so it sounds pretty legitimate. I'm planning on going within the next two weeks and I can give you a better update about cost/rewards, etc because I think that was a few months ago and he was there for something else.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
. KoreanDJ and some other really good players go to that.
Are there tournaments in Boston, and if so is there a page where I can check out what's happening?
KoreanDJ is actually the best 64 player I have played in New England besides Fireblaster. I'm on travel for like a month but we should have a smash fest when I get back. Join the East Coast SSB facebook group

Department of

Smash Rookie
KoreanDJ is actually the best 64 player I have played in New England besides Fireblaster. I'm on travel for like a month but we should have a smash fest when I get back. Join the East Coast SSB facebook group
Yeah, for sure! I requested to join the group a little whille ago, but I don't think I'm in just yet. Anyway, let me know when you're back in the area and I'd love to get something set up. I'll probably get owned, but I just need some fresh people/more competition to play against. I'll have to go try to find KoreanDJ at one of those tournaments and get in a quick money match or two with him...

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
more like, are all these west covina kids coming to apex?

also: it seems there might be a little bit of a scene starting to spring up at uconn with javi doing some **** up there, and i've got some buddies who live in new hampshire by maine and might be down to play. also clubdawg dunno if you added that kid from new brunswick nj, but i think his tag is tha_doctor, didn't see if he posted in here but he made a thread or something

McGraw

Smash Rookie
Us West Covina kids would love to go to Apex, transportation can be covered, but we dont have a place to stay

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
aren't there like 8 of you? can't split a hotel? it was 99 a night, but it may've gone up. get in touch with anyone else from cali getting a hotel, too

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the covina kids aren't the same one's you played. There's two groups, Covina and Orange County, I think. Orange county has a room already(I think).

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
no i know the oc kids are sawa and singularity, but i'm basing the size of west covina off how many of the little ****ers posted in this thread, they're like roaches just coming out of the woodwork haha

hero pie, mcgraw, kristoforus, d35, kidd classic, da chu, special k

7 people splitting a hotel would be fairly cheap imo

even if it isn't the 99/n rate, it'd be 119 a night? or something. if you stay fri night and sat night it's 240, which is a little more than 30 bucks a person. but i dunno if rates change or not. in any case, with the amount of people going, you could maybe squeeze it

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
no i know the oc kids are sawa and singularity, but i'm basing the size of west covina off how many of the little ****ers posted in this thread, they're like roaches just coming out of the woodwork haha

hero pie, mcgraw, kristoforus, d35, kidd classic, da chu, special k

7 people splitting a hotel would be fairly cheap imo

even if it isn't the 99/n rate, it'd be 119 a night? or something. if you stay fri night and sat night it's 240, which is a little more than 30 bucks a person. but i dunno if rates change or not. in any case, with the amount of people going, you could maybe squeeze it
Oh snap you're right, I had counted like 4 tops.

Good deal, more people to whoop on!

Top Bottom