• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Headcanons - Ultimate Edition

D

Deleted member

Can we ask for people's headcanons in here?

If we can, I have a question.
There are two sections if we ignore the last one. Light and Dark, but fighters aren't distributed equally. Ifyou had to give light and dark equal amounts of fighters, how would you divide them? (ignoring :ultkirby:)
Theoretically I would put all the dark evil characters in dark (like :ultwolf::ultkrool::ultridley::ultganondorf:etc) and then add as many semi-dark characters (like :ultdarkpit::ultmewtwo: etc). Then I would put a select few like :ultshulk::ultike::ultbayonetta: and anyone else who killed a god canonically (or IS a God like :ultpalutena:); Galeem wouldn't want them anywhere near her so it makes sense that she would put them somewhere far away where Darkhon could easily snatch them up first when he shows up. After that I would look at how many fighters I had left, and put all the obviously "light" characters like :ultzelda: in the light world as well. After that I would just divide them based on gameplay; obviously :ultmario:and :ultlucina: should be up first since they'll be fundamental characters while :ultrobin:or other technical characters should be gained later. Some edgy characters like :ultcloud: :ultsnake: etc or mysterious characters :ultgnw: would be placed in World of Dark. Once I narrow them down completely, I would just seperate the rest randomly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Can we ask for people's headcanons in here?

If we can, I have a question.
There are two sections if we ignore the last one. Light and Dark, but fighters aren't distributed equally. Ifyou had to give light and dark equal amounts of fighters, how would you divide them? (ignoring :ultkirby:)
I’m not sure at the moment. Maybe I’ll think about it later, but I actually do like the fact the second area has less than the first cause it really nails into your head the concept that there is no balance.

Although to make things more interesting, “tougher” people like :ultfalcon: and :ultryu: could be in the World of Dark, especially since they have actual evil clones in canon. And also that you’d take a while longer to get these more powerful characters

And also :ultpeach: as another Dharkon capture cause she was canonically possessed by the Shadow Queen in TTYD

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My personal headcanon, the reason there's barely any Final Fantasy content in Smash is because Final fantasy merchandise is expensive and the guy who owns the toys doesn't want to spend too much.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Not sure if this fits into the thread but I hope it sticks. I posted this into the Isabelle character discussion last Thursday:

My friends and I were trying to figure out why shes (Isabelle) fighting in the first place. We came up with a few theories:

1. Everything in her head is peaches and rainbows. Anything violent that she does, she perceives it to be non-violent.
2. Everything she does is accidental. "Oops I see you got caught up in my fishing line there let me try and untangle you!"
3. She got an invite to participate in smash and decided it would be too rude to turn it down and not participate.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if this fits into the thread but I hope it sticks. I posted this into the Isabelle character discussion last Thursday:

My friends and I were trying to figure out why shes (Isabelle) fighting in the first place. We came up with a few theories:

1. Everything in her head is peaches and rainbows. Anything violent that she does, she perceives it to be non-violent.
2. Everything she does is accidental. "Oops I see you got caught up in my fishing line there let me try and untangle you!"
3. She got an invite to participate in smash and decided it would be too rude to turn it down and not participate.
You act as if Isabelle doesn't participate in unofficial unlicensed illegal wrestling matches at 2:30 am on weekends

Jokes aside though it's probably the third one. Characters in Smash don't really get hurt when they get hurt, and characters are equalized so that a literal goddess won't do much damage to a literal child. She probably just doesn't find much wrong with the tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright so my analyses of Adventure Mode are (for the most part) complete have a look I’m quite proud of them if I say so myself

Now for something different: Meta Headcanons related to the game itself

The reason Mega Man and ROB don’t take damage while swimming? You’d expect beings made of circuitry to short circuit in water, but Mega Man and ROB were built to be waterproof.

Adventure Mode Metacanon:

The Story mode has a theme of balance; namely, what happens when balance is disrupted and one side overpowers the other, resulting in chaos and destruction. Kirby is the starting character so he represents the last hope for balance. In fact, the true ending requires you not slay either Galeem or Dharkon, letting them fuse instead and killing them both there. Only then is balance truly restored.

Galeem and Dharkon also have symbolism; they operate as a Yang (the former) and a Yin (the latter) type force each. Imagine if both forces were not in equilibrium and hungered for power and dominance? Yeah that’s basically what’s going on.

also idc what the game says, in my headcanon Dharkon is a she dammit
Adventure Mode: Themes of Duality Meta Headcanon/Analysis part 2

back to my whole yin/yang themes analysis

I said Galeem (who here uses he/him pronouns) represents the Yang and Dharkon (she/her pronouns here) represents the Yin right?

Let’s go into it more now and go into a deeper analysis of their dualities than just light and dark.

Yang - it’s themes and symbolism

Common themes associated with the Yang are:

Aggressiveness - Galeem is the first to attack and does so without restraint or mercy, vaporizing everyone he sees.

Fire - Fire produces light. Mario, Roy and Captain Falcon are under Galeem’s control, and use mostly fire based attacks. Palutena, who’s under Galeem’s control, also has a fire attack. There’s also Pokémon Trainer with Charizard. Ironically, Incineroar and Ken are under Dharkon’s control following Galeem’s first defeat.

Air/Sky - Galeem floats in the air a lot. There are a lot of Spirit battles in the first area with strong wind gusts. There are areas in the sky and in space. Fox, Falco, Pit and Palutena have an affinity for the sky. Peach can float. A lot of other fighters here are great aerial fighters with the exception of Little Mac and Dr. Mario.

Hard/Rigid - Galeem is a glowing white core surrounded by metallic prismatic “wings” that retain the same shape. He looks synthetic.

Masculinity - mostly male characters and spirits are found in the World of Light or otherwise on Galeem’s side in the final fight, though there are some notable female ones. The aforementioned Mario, Roy and Captain Falcon, as well as Snake, Bowser, Ryu, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer (can be either gender), Pokémon Trainer (can be either gender), Villager and Inkling (can be either gender), Shulk, Simon, Pit, Link and some others. Sheik can be considered a masculine woman, as can Samus to a certain extent. There’s also too many male Spirits I can’t be cheesed to write here. But I will say that Destruction/Purification is considered a masculine force too.

Expanding - the first area is vast.

The Sun/Day - Solgaleo is a Spirit on Galeem’s side in The Final Battle area. It appears to be daytime everywhere in the first area. Daytime is associated with bustling activity and noise, so there’s areas full of life like jungles and cities. Plants need sunlight to grow, hence Lip’s spirit being found here and her special field ability.

Heart/Emotion - somewhat tied to aggressiveness. Most of the spirits and fighters found in the first area are passionate and driven by the heart, like Shulk, Little Mac, Yoshi, Ness, Isabelle, Link, Lucas and Lucario, or otherwise hot headed like Bowser and King Dedede, and the Mythra Spirit in the final battle area on Galeem’s side.

Science - some fighters found here are scientifically inclined, like Snake, Captain Falcon, Mega Man, Zero Suit Samus and Shulk. There are several high tech looking areas like the base and the weird teleport area. Galeem’s wings have a holographic appearance like the back of a CD.

Summer/Heat - Light is associated with heat. There are volcano and beach/island areas.

Dominance - this one is probably more meta than the other themes. Of the 7 Original to Echo duos (:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:, :ultroy:/:ultchrom:, :ultmarth:/:ultlucina:, :ultryu:/:ultken:,:ultpit:/:ultdarkpit:,:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:,:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy:), all the originals (first half of each duo) are under Galeem’s control. In addition, in the first area, Master Hand throws a LOT of obstacles in your path, forcing you to traverse the world some more.

Forged bonds/ “the blood of the covenant” - a lot of the fighters and spirits trapped in the first area are characters that can be perceived as having friendships and romantic relationships forged with experiences. Like Ness and Lucas (throwback to SSE), Mario and Peach, (depending on your interpretation) Snake and Samus, Fox and Falco, and Villager and Isabelle. Of course, some friends/lovers are on opposite sides too, such as Link and Zelda, Peach and Daisy, Ryu and Ken, and one of my popularly headcanoned ships I fangirl about don’t @ me (Spoiler: it’s Falconcina) have all been separated from each other.

Energy - The first realm seems full of life, lots of city like areas and some Spirits are needed to clear some obstacles.

Yin - it’s themes and symbolism

Passiveness - Dharkon waits until Galeem is defeated the first time to claim (most of) the fighters we didn’t see in the first area for herself.

Water - Bodies of water grow darker the deeper you go. Greninja and Corrin are found in the Mysterious Realm in the World of Dark. There’s also the Azura Spirit in the same Realm, found just before Corrin. King K. Rool is a crocodile, which is an aquatic creature. Ironically, Squirtle, part of Pokémon Trainer, is under Galeem’s control. Also, you’re required to dive into a lake to unlock the path to Young Link in the Sacred Realm.

Earth - Dharkon’s tendrils look a lot like tree branches. She also seems constantly “rooted” and the tips look like roots. Her eye can also be interpreted as a seed. Her goal is to grow her reach and corrupt everything, like an all consuming plant. The Sacred Realm has lots of trees and forests. There are patches of desolate earth everywhere. Most of the fighters here are better ground fighters, including Richter and Chrom (some are better suited for the air like Sonic, Daisy and Cloud. heh...get it? CLOUD? ...ok I’ll stop) Some spirit battles in the World of Dark have earthquakes.

Soft/Flexible - Dharkon is comprised of a demonic eye with fleshy organic tendrils that bend freely to her will.

Femininity - More female characters (Fighter or Spirit) are found in the world of Dark or are on Dharkon’s side in the Final Battle area, even though there are some males. Bayonetta, Daisy, Lucina, Zelda, (if you count her) Dark Samus, Robin and Corrin (who can be either gender), Rosalina. Richter and possibly even Ike can be considered slightly feminine men. For spirits there’s the aforementioned Azura, Mecha-Fiora, Risky Boots, Impa, Saria and so on. Also, Corruption/Chaos is considered a feminine energy.

Contracting - the second area is smaller than the first. In addition, you are unable to zoom out in the main non-portal areas of the World of Dark.

The Moon/Night - Lunala is a spirit on Dharkon’s side in The Final Battle area. Night is associated with supernatural forces, which explains Dracula’s Castle and all the Spirits found there as well as the Dracula boss. It also explains Luigi’s presence there, as a throwback to the Luigi’s Mansion games.

Mind/Logic - somewhat tied to passiveness. most of the fighters and spirits found in the second area are logical, calm thinkers, like Zelda, Mewtwo, Ike and Robin, or otherwise cool headed like Sonic, Meta Knight, Lucina and Cloud. The Mysterious Realm area also tests the player’s knowledge.

Magic - some characters found on Dharkon’s side are magically inclined, like Ganondorf, Robin, Rosalina and Bayonetta. Magic is associated with the mind. Dharkon herself looks like an embodiment of dark magic.

Winter/Cold - Darkness is associated with cold, since the absence of light leads to the absence of heat. Incineroar can be found in an area with ice patches. Some Spirit battles have icy floors.

Submission - all 7 Echoes are under Dharkon’s control. Refer to “Dominance” under Yang for more explanation. Also, unlike in the first area, Crazy Hand does very little if at all to hinder your progress.

Familial relationships/ “the water of the womb” - some of the fighters and spirits found in the second area are family, such as Chrom with Lucina and Robin (female Robin can be Chrom’s wife); Corrin with the Azura spirit before them (Azura is their cousin); and the Dunban and Mecha-Fiora spirits are both found in the Sacred Realm (they’re siblings; despite regular Fiora’s spirit being in the World of Light) as well as the Donbe and Hikari Spirit (they’re also sibs). Of course like with the forged bonds, some family members have been separated, like Mario and Luigi; Bowser and Bowser Jr.; and Simon separated from his descendant Richter.

Stillness - the second area seems very quiet and lifeless. No spirits are needed to clear any obstacles; instead, they are solved by clearing your mind and solving puzzles.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Sometimes the non-human mammals get infested with fleas. When this happens they need to take a bath, which is very painful for Incineroar as he is a Fire type Pokemon.

The Masked Royal and Incineroar have been invited to compete in WWE. They turned it down.

Fox abhors the killing of his kind for their fur.

Wolf, unlike others in his species, is a vegetarian.

Pichu Big drinks milk often, because he wants to grow strong. He also likes food that fancy mice typically eat.

Pikachu never "does business" before a match, claiming it is bad luck (he picked this up from Lynn Loud, a second cousin of Serena Lemieux - yes the Serena from Kalos).

Isabelle laments the fact she can't eat chocolate. Though she really wants to, she can't because it is toxic to her species.

Sonic once challenged the Flash to a race across Central City. He won.

Lucario is currently in Sinnoh trying to find a mate. It's mating season for his species.

The Duck Hunt Dog likes comedy. He thinks it is an excuse to do his signature laugh without annoying others with it.

DK writes his own rap songs in his spare time.

Diddy Kong introduced the other child Smashers to bananas.

Link and Marth did an Epic Rap Battle of History. The child Links picked up the "F word" from it, causing adult Link to explain that it is not OK to use that kind of language.

Mario and Peach often kiss where others can see them, as do Luigi and Daisy, much to the consternation of others.

Meta Knight wants to run for President of Mexico.

Pit often does a William Tell act with other Smashers - you know the one with the apple?

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Adventure Mode: Themes of Duality Meta Headcanon/Analysis part 2

back to my whole yin/yang themes analysis

I said Galeem (who here uses he/him pronouns) represents the Yang and Dharkon (she/her pronouns here) represents the Yin right?

Let’s go into it more now and go into a deeper analysis of their dualities than just light and dark.

Yang - it’s themes and symbolism

Common themes associated with the Yang are:

Aggressiveness - Galeem is the first to attack and does so without restraint or mercy, vaporizing everyone he sees.

Fire - Fire produces light. Mario, Roy and Captain Falcon are under Galeem’s control, and use mostly fire based attacks. Palutena, who’s under Galeem’s control, also has a fire attack. There’s also Pokémon Trainer with Charizard. Ironically, Incineroar and Ken are under Dharkon’s control following Galeem’s first defeat.

Air/Sky - Galeem floats in the air a lot. There are a lot of Spirit battles in the first area with strong wind gusts. There are areas in the sky and in space. Fox, Falco, Pit and Palutena have an affinity for the sky. Peach can float. A lot of other fighters here are great aerial fighters with the exception of Little Mac and Dr. Mario.

Hard/Rigid - Galeem is a glowing white core surrounded by metallic prismatic “wings” that retain the same shape. He looks synthetic.

Masculinity - mostly male characters and spirits are found in the World of Light or otherwise on Galeem’s side in the final fight, though there are some notable female ones. The aforementioned Mario, Roy and Captain Falcon, as well as Snake, Bowser, Ryu, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer (can be either gender), Pokémon Trainer (can be either gender), Villager and Inkling (can be either gender), Shulk, Simon, Pit, Link and some others. Sheik can be considered a masculine woman. There’s also too many male Spirits I can’t be cheesed to write here. But I will say that Destruction/Purification is considered a masculine force too.

Expanding - the first area is vast.

The Sun/Day - Solgaleo is a Spirit on Galeem’s side in The Final Battle area. It appears to be daytime everywhere in the first area. Daytime is associated with bustling activity and noise, so there’s areas full of life like jungles and cities.

Heart/Emotion - somewhat tied to aggressiveness. Most of the spirits and fighters found in the first area are passionate and driven by the heart, like Shulk, Little Mac, Yoshi, Ness, Lucas and Lucario, or are otherwise hot headed like Bowser and King Dedede.

Science - some fighters found here are scientifically inclined, like Snake, Captain Falcon, Mega Man, Zero Suit Samus and Shulk. There are several high tech looking areas like the base and the weird teleport area. Galeem’s wings have a holographic appearance like the back of a CD.

Summer/Heat - Light is associated with heat. There are volcano and beach/island areas.

Dominance - this one is probably more meta than the other themes. Of the 7 Original to Echo duos (:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:, :ultroy:/:ultchrom:, :ultmarth:/:ultlucina:, :ultryu:/:ultken:,:ultpit:/:ultdarkpit:,:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:,:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy:), all the originals (first half of each duo) are under Galeem’s control. In addition, in the first area, Master Hand throws a LOT of obstacles in your path, forcing you to traverse the world some more.

Forged bonds/ “the blood of the covenant” - a lot of the fighters and spirits trapped in the first area are characters that can be perceived as having friendships and romantic relationships forged with experiences. Like Ness and Lucas (throwback to SSE), Mario and Peach, (depending on your interpretation) Snake and Samus, Fox and Falco, and Villager and Isabelle. Of course, some friends/lovers are on opposite sides too, such as Link and Zelda, Ryu and Ken, and one of my popularly headcanoned ships I fangirl about don’t @ me have all been separated from each other.

Energy - The first realm seems full of life, lots of city like areas and some Spirits are needed to clear some obstacles.

Yin - it’s themes and symbolism

Passiveness - Dharkon waits until Galeem is defeated the first time to claim (most of) the fighters we didn’t see in the first area for herself.

Water - Bodies of water grow darker the deeper you go. Greninja and Corrin are found in the Mysterious Realm in the World of Dark. There’s also the Azura Spirit in the same Realm, found just before Corrin. Ironically, Squirtle, part of Pokémon Trainer, is under Galeem’s control.

Earth - Dharkon’s tendrils look a lot like tree branches. She also seems constantly “rooted” and the tips look like roots. Her eye can also be interpreted as a seed. Her goal is to grow her reach and corrupt everything, like an all consuming plant. The Sacred Realm has lots of trees and forests. There are patches of desolate earth everywhere. Most of the fighters here are better ground fighters, including Richter and Chrom.

Soft/Flexible - Dharkon is comprised of a demonic eye with fleshy organic tendrils that bend freely to her will.

Femininity - More female characters (Fighter or Spirit) are found in the world of Dark, even though there are some males. Bayonetta, Daisy, Lucina, Zelda, (if you count her) Dark Samus, Robin and Corrin (who can be either gender), Rosalina. Richter and possibly even Ike can be considered slightly feminine men. For spirits there’s the aforementioned Azura, Mecha-Fiora, Risky Boots and so on. Also, Corruption/Chaos is considered a feminine energy.

Contracting - the second area is smaller than the first. In addition, you cannot zoom out in the non-portal main areas of the World of Dark.

The Moon/Night - Lunala is a spirit on Dharkon’s side in The Final Battle area. Night is associated with supernatural forces, which explains Dracula’s Castle and all the Spirits found there as well as the Dracula boss.

Mind/Logic - somewhat tied to passiveness. most of the fighters found in the second area are logical, calm thinkers, like Zelda, Mewtwo and Robin, or otherwise cool headed like Sonic, Meta Knight and Cloud. The Mysterious Realm area also tests the player’s knowledge.

Magic - some characters found on Dharkon’s side are magically inclined, like Ganondorf, Robin, Rosalina and Bayonetta. Magic is associated with the mind. Dharkon herself looks like an embodiment of dark magic.

Winter/Cold - Darkness is associated with cold, since the absence of light leads to the absence of heat. Incineroar can be found in an area with ice patches. Some Spirit battles have icy floors.

Submission - all 7 Echoes are under Dharkon’s control. Refer to “Dominance” under Yang for more explanation. Also, unlike in the first area, Crazy Hand does very little if at all to hinder your progress.

Familial relationships/ “the water of the womb” - some of the fighters and spirits found in the second area are family, such as Chrom with Lucina and Robin (female Robin can be Chrom’s wife); Corrin with the Azura spirit before them (Azura is their cousin); and the Dunban and Mecha-Fiora spirits are both found in the Sacred Realm (they’re siblings; despite regular Fiora’s spirit being in the World of Light). Of course like with the forged bonds, some family members have been separated, like Mario and Luigi; Bowser and Bowser Jr.; and Simon separated from his descendant Richter.

Stillness - the second area seems very quiet and lifeless. No spirits are needed to clear any obstacles; instead, they are solved by clearing your mind and solving puzzles.
>Yang = masculine, scientific, emotional, rigid and aggressive
>Yin = feminine, magical, logical, flexible and passive

9a0.png

But for real though, this is a pretty cool read of Ult.'s Adventure Mode.

Last edited:

AliceTheGamer

Smash Rookie
idk if this count as a headcanon, but here ya go, the hands' "eidolon" form (note: eidolon means spiritual ideal beings)

credit to rairox64 from Deviantart who drew this masterpiece (lol)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>Yang = masculine, scientific, emotional, rigid and aggressive
>Yin = feminine, magical, logical, flexible and passive

View attachment 186179

But for real though, this is a pretty cool read of Ult.'s Adventure Mode.
I forgot about the zoom out function being unavailable in the main areas in the second area, let me officially add that too

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You act as if Isabelle doesn't participate in unofficial unlicensed illegal wrestling matches at 2:30 am on weekends

Jokes aside though it's probably the third one. Characters in Smash don't really get hurt when they get hurt, and characters are equalized so that a literal goddess won't do much damage to a literal child. She probably just doesn't find much wrong with the tournament.
And probably treats it exactly like a party, just like :ultdaisy: does.

Seriously, she even brought party favors.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I forgot about the zoom out function being unavailable in the main areas in the second area, let me officially add that too
Glad to have contributed. I didn't particularly like not being able to zoom out and get my bearings for 90% of the time in World of Dark, but I'll admit that it did give WoD the feeling that you're wandering around a low-visibility environment.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422

Care to elaborate on those wrestling matches? That's something new to me!

D

Deleted member

Care to elaborate on those wrestling matches? That's something new to me!
once isabelle got a small taste of the adrenaline rush of crippling someone permanently with a back-breaking suplex, she just couldn't stop

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
once isabelle got a small taste of the adrenaline rush of crippling someone permanently with a back-breaking suplex, she just couldn't stop
LMAO but where does the idea that she participates in these wrestling matches come from?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit and Zelda are now in a relationship together...obviously

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
:ultmetaknight: would team up with :ultsimon::ultrichter: cause he seems to respect the warrior types. A lot like he did with :ultmarth: and :ultike: in brawl.

:ultrobin: and :ultzelda: would probably constantly be chatting about war strategy and magic from each others worlds

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She and Link broke up I take it? :p
Can’t break up with someone from a different timeline...and isn’t in Smash...plus Zelda needed to be with someone near her age and cuteness

Edit: Oh My ****ing Palutena
79DC6DEE-7193-4FC8-A7CF-9E38454BC58B.jpeg

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Maybe Link and Zelda got sick of their own series' timeline shenanigans to the point where they've agreed to maintain an open relationship in the event they wound up in a situation where one of them is in an incarnation of themselves that's too young/too old for the other incarnation.

So thanks to Crazy Hand ****ing around with Smash's space-time continuum causing Link to be his BOTW version and Zelda to be her ALBW version, they're now seeing other folks for the time being. Zelda gets to hang out with :ultpit:, Link gets... well, almost anything that moves, I guess.

The Pit/ALBW Zelda ship is cute, and I stan for poly link that gets shipped with literally everyone, but I'm really not feeling it with everything else in the crossed-out bit.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I like to imagine that Link and Zelda got sick of their own series' timeline shenanigans to the point where they've agreed to maintain an open relationship in the event they wound up in a situation where one of them is in an incarnation of themselves that's too young/too old for the other incarnation.

So thanks to Crazy Hand ****ing around with Smash's space-time continuum causing Link to be his BOTW version and Zelda to be her ALBW version, they're now seeing other folks for the time being. Zelda gets to hang out with :ultpit:, Link gets... well, almost anything that moves, I guess.
And BOTW Zelda became the new Sheik, searching for love or something

:ultpit::ultzelda: stay as an item for eternity, and :ultlink: gets with...idk...:ultwiifittrainer: or :4corrinf: or some other woman

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
So after the first game, ever new character needs to audition. The original 8 (:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox: and :ultpikachu:) were judges and the four others (:ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon:and:ultjigglypuff:) served as assistants/alternatives in case others left. This is a short summary for half the characters added in Melee:
  • :ultpeach:: She originally went to wish Mario and Luigi both a good time in the next tournament. She ended up filling an application after impressing Fox, Samus and Kirby. Voted in by DK, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby and Fox. Mario had objections but later voted yes as well.
  • :ultbowser:: Actually auditioned before Peach, claiming that Yoshi ended up slipping about the tornament during the last Grand Prix. He had caused a split decision between DK, Yoshi and Kirby for yay, Samus, Mario and Link for nay, with Fox and Pikachu undecided. Peach then entered and thought he was trying to kidnap her again, beating him up. After that, Fox and Pikachu gave him a pity yay.
  • :ulticeclimbers:: With Mario dragging Bowser out to the infirmary, Luigi took his spot at the judging table. Ice Climbers entered and before they even said anything, Kirby voted an instant yes. The two of them began to explain about how they wanted to win the tournament for their sibling, ending up convincing Luigi, Pikachu and DK with their motive. Samus decided to give them a yes vote after asking a couple of questions.
  • :ultsheik:/:ultzelda:: When Sheik entered, Link had forgotten that Zelda and Sheik were the same person. He gave a yes, thinking that another Hylian learning techniques from other fighters would allow it easier to protect both Hyrule and Zelda. Sheik ended up convincing Fox, Kirby and Luigi before Samus asked, "What separates you from other fighters from your series?" Sheik then proceeded to transform into Zelda, and Samus voted yes.
  • :ultdoc:: Since he is Mario, he returned back from the infirmary, having just made sure Bowser was in good care. As soon as he entered the room, Kirby and Yoshi voted yes. He tried to explain that he was the just wearing a doctor's coat, but it feel onto the deaf ears of DK, who voted yes for whatever reason. Luigi fell out in his chair laughing, and Ness then took his spot at the table. Mario tried to explain that Ness wasn't needed as an alternate at the time, but Ness accidentally hit yes in the process. Rumor has it that Dr. Mario is the only character to get all eight yes, and Samus, Fox, Luigi and Ness never let him hear the end of it. Link would probably do the same if he wasn't replaced each time.
  • :ultpichu:: Mario needed to head over to the newcomer room to fill out paperwork, so Ness remained at the judge table. When Pichu came in, Pikachu voted no, but was still slower than Kirby voting yes. After a little bit of convincing, DK, Link and Ness voted yes, and Pikachu convinced Fox and Yoshi to vote no. Pichu had one secret weapon that they hadn't used yet. They gave Samus puppy dog eyes, convincing Samus to vote yes. They remain best friend to this day, and their friendship is why Melee's Pichu evolved into Brawl's Pikachu.
I guess this one is added on, but :pichumelee: evolved into :pikachu2:/:4pikachu:/:ultpikachu:. :ultpichu: is actually the child of :pikachu64:/:pikachumelee:, who is also the Alolan Raichu.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Besides Samus...obviously...:ultridley:’s only real rival is :ultpit:, with :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin::ultkirby::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultpikachu::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda: being a pain in his ***...but :ultpichu: is his baby

PF9

Smash Lord
Cosplay Pikachu plans to take a break from Smash on February 7 in order to commence mating with Clemont's Bunnelby. By that point, she will have fought in place of Ash's Pikachu twice (once in December and once in January). She will not fight while she is expecting, or for the first few weeks of her childrens' lives when they are completely dependent on their parents.

SNinjaStudios

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1881-9214-4032
:ultroy2: and :ultroy: refuse to acknowledge each other.

:ultfalcon: shouts everything he says and is painfully oblivious to how much it annoys the rest of the roster.

:ultyounglink: is a clone of :linkmelee: that emerged from the Lost Woods one day as a result of the time traveling shenanigans of the Hero of Time. He has all of the Hero of Time's memories, which makes him seem surprisingly mature for a kid . . . until he starts barging into people's rooms and breaking their pots for rupees. Whenever someone tries to stop him, he says that breaking pots is his way of coping with the trauma, when he's really just low on cash.

:ulttoonlink: does the same thing but doesn't even try to come up with an excuse. He's begging :ultlink: to teach him how to shield surf and jump outside of Smash.

:ultkirby:, :ultyoshi:, :ultkingdedede:, and :ultwario: once had an eating contest. None of them are allowed in the kitchen to this day.

:ultdoc: is from an AU where :ultmario: never left New Donk City and had a successful medical career there.

:ultsheik: is BotW Zelda in disguise; only :ultlink: knows. Master Hand thought that she would be more interested in research than fighting; she's here under a different identity to prove to him that she can do both.

:ultgnw: is the most powerful character on the roster, though he has rarely showed his full potential because he knows that the others wouldn't be able to handle it.

:ultkirby: and :ultjigglypuff: are a couple, and yes, they are extremely adorable together.

Both :linkmelee: and :pikachumelee: died in Melee's Event 51 (causing Hyrule's downfall timeline), which resulted from :ultganondorf:, :ultbowser:, and:ultmewtwo: attempting to take the Hands' power for themselves. The battle also weakened Master Hand to the point where Tabuu was able to capture him and resulted in Crazy Hand being sealed away.

Master Hand was captured by Galeem shortly after SSE; Crazy Hand, having just managed to escape around that same time, was captured by Dharkon. The Hands we see in Smash 4 are imposters that contain what is left of Tabuu: the Master Core.

:4link: and later :ultlink: would take the place of the Hero of Time, while :pichumelee: evolved into the :ultpikachu: that we've seen since Brawl. The :ultpichu: that joined in Ultimate is his sister.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Both :linkmelee: and :pikachumelee: died in Melee's Event 51 (causing Hyrule's downfall timeline), which resulted from :ultganondorf:, :ultbowser:, and:ultmewtwo: attempting to take the Hands' power for themselves. The battle also weakened Master Hand to the point where Tabuu was able to capture him and resulted in Crazy Hand being sealed away.
:4link: and later :ultlink: would take the place of the Hero of Time, while :pichumelee: evolved into the :ultpikachu: that we've seen since Brawl. The :ultpichu: that joined in Ultimate is his sister.
Way to make things hella dark for the Chus

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
So after the first game, ever new character needs to audition. The original 8 (:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox: and :ultpikachu:) were judges and the four others (:ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon:and:ultjigglypuff:) served as assistants/alternatives in case others left. This is a short summary for half the characters added in Melee:
  • :ultpeach:: She originally went to wish Mario and Luigi both a good time in the next tournament. She ended up filling an application after impressing Fox, Samus and Kirby. Voted in by DK, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby and Fox. Mario had objections but later voted yes as well.
  • :ultbowser:: Actually auditioned before Peach, claiming that Yoshi ended up slipping about the tornament during the last Grand Prix. He had caused a split decision between DK, Yoshi and Kirby for yay, Samus and Mario for nay, with Fox, Link and Pikachu undecided. Peach then entered and thought he was trying to kidnap her again, beating him up. After that, Link, Fox and Pikachu gave him a pity yay.
  • :ulticeclimbers:: With Mario dragging Bowser out to the infirmary, Luigi took his spot at the judging table. Ice Climbers entered and before they even said anything, Kirby voted an instant yes. The two of them began to explain about how they wanted to win the tournament for their sibling, ending up convincing Luigi, Pikachu and DK with their motive. Samus decided to give them a yes vote after asking a couple of questions.
  • :ultsheik:/:ultzelda:: When Sheik entered, Link had forgotten that Zelda and Sheik were the same person. He gave a yes, thinking that another Hylian learning techniques from other fighters would allow it easier to protect both Hyrule and Zelda. Sheik ended up convincing Fox, Kirby and Luigi before Samus asked, "What separates you from other fighters from your series?" Sheik then proceeded to transform into Zelda, and Samus voted yes.
  • :ultdoc:: Since he is Mario, he returned back from the infirmary, having just made sure Bowser was in good care. As soon as he entered the room, Kirby and Yoshi voted yes. He tried to explain that he was the just wearing a doctor's coat, but it feel onto the deaf ears of DK, who voted yes for whatever reason. Luigi fell out in his chair laughing, and Ness then took his spot at the table. Mario tried to explain that Ness wasn't needed as an alternate at the time, but Ness accidentally hit yes in the process. Rumor has it that Dr. Mario is the only character to get all eight yes, but Link was the one to be the deciding vote. Samus, Fox, Luigi and Ness never let him hear the end of it. Link would probably do the same if he wasn't replaced each time.
  • :ultpichu:: Mario needed to head over to the newcomer room to fill out paperwork, so Ness remained at the judge table. When Pichu came in, Pikachu voted no, but was still slower than Kirby voting yes. After a little bit of convincing, DK, Link and Ness voted yes, and Pikachu convinced Fox and Yoshi to vote no. Pichu had one secret weapon that they hadn't used yet. They gave Samus puppy dog eyes, convincing Samus to vote yes. They remain best friend to this day, and their friendship is why Melee's Pichu evolved into Brawl's Pikachu.
I guess this one is added on, but :pichumelee: evolved into :pikachu2:/:4pikachu:/:ultpikachu:. :ultpichu: is actually the child of :pikachu64:/:pikachumelee:, who is also the Alolan Raichu.
Following the rest of Melee:

:ultfalco: He came in trying to get Fox to come back home, as he was getting tired of dealing with constantly saving Slippy. He decided to try out with Fox's suggestion. He got voted in by Fox, Samus, Ness, Kirby and Yoshi.
:ultmarth: He came in looking for the restroom, but Kirby instantly voted yes. Ness tried to translate with his physic powers, but Marth wasn't aware of what the tournament held. Confusion happened, with Pikachu, Link, DK and Yoshi also voting yes. Marth only uses the restroom next to his room in the mansion for this reason.
:ultyounglink:: When Young Link entered the room, :linkmelee: decided to leave in confusion about how he was standing there. Before Kirby could say yes, Mario came in wearing his plumber clothing now. He sat down in Link's chair and voted yes in an act of pettiness that usually doesn't happen. Seeing Mario vote yes promoted Yoshi to vote yes. Ness also voted yes because he wanted another child in the roster. Captain Falcon decided to pull a chair up to the table and claimed that he had deserved his seat since he waited after Luigi and Ness, claiming also that they would need a tie breaker. He also voted yes to prove his point.
:ultganondorf:: Mario voted yes before Kirby could. Again, Mario was feeling pretty petty. Kirby and Yoshi then voted yes. Captain Falcon also voted yes because he wanted another brawler on the roster. Samus chuckled a bit at Mario's pettiness but he also pressed the yes button on DK's.
:ultmewtwo:: Ganondorf left, and Mario left to check on Peach. Jigglypuff took the spot that he was sitting at. Kirby voted yes first. Ness tensed up but Mewtwo explained telepathically that there was no need to fear him being related to Gigyas. Ness voted yes with relief, and Pikachu and Jigglypuff followed. Captain Falcon also voted yes, thinking that Mewtwo insulted him.
:ultroy:: Roy entered looking for Marth. Much like with Marth, translation troubles resulted in them thinking he was auditioning cause Marth was. Kirby, DK, Yoshi, Jigglypuff and Fox voted yes.
:ultgnw:: Game and Watch came in and started trying to ask for help getting back to his world. Not even Ness understood what he meant and Kirby voted yes. Samus, Captain Falcon, Yoshi and Pikachu voted yes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Before leaving Smash, :4zelda: gave :ultzelda: the Triforce of Wisdom in order to make it a bit easier on her since it's her first time in Smash, hence why her FS in this game is the ToW despite ALTTP Zelda never having the Triforce

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom