• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Headcanons - Ultimate Edition

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well he/she is essentially treated as a Mary Sue in Fates, is an avatar character, and can turn into a dragon, so that pretty much sums up what I would put in my OC.

Nothing against the actual character (I actually play them quite often), but I don’t need an OC when I already got a character that matches pretty closely with my optimal OC.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
:ultmegaman: keeps a personal notebook containing every quote all the other smashers say that could be taken out-of-context as a sexual innuendo. He does this because, when he, Dr. Light or Roll are feeling down, they like to go back and read through the quotes for a laugh.

He has a self-imposed rule to limit how many quotes he takes from :ultbayonetta:, :ultpalutena:, :ultshulk:, both M!:ultrobin: or F!:ultrobin:, :ultfox:, :ultfalco:, :ultwolf:, :ultbowser:, :ultsonic:, or the :ultinkling:s, as all of the above parties either seem to always make them on purpose, or in Shulk's case, because he knows that Mega Man keeps track of those and makes them intentional whenever the Blue Bomber is within earshot.

as long as it's not too op, bc that would be disgusting as heck bruh
I'm not sure I follow. How exactly is an imaginary character being badly-written "disgusting"?

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Master Hand forced the Smashers to do a Christmas pageant. This is some of the highlights:
:ultisabelle: was planning the whole thing.
:ultsimon: wanted only the religious Christmas songs, but :ultpeach: wanted all the classics.
:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: and :ultlink: were forced to be in elf costumes. Each of their Zelda's were in the audience, as well as the Champions, Midna, Skull Kid and Ghirahim. You couldn't really tell who was laughing more. :ultkingdedede: liked dressing up as Santa though.
In the manger scene, :ultdaisy: played Mary and :ultluigi: played Joseph. You could hear Waluigi screaming about :ultdaisy: not being fit for the role, for incorrect and false reasons.
:ultdarkpit: got his wings dyed white during the middle of the night. He refused to partake after that (he was already refusing, but this time he left for Virdi's) and :ultpit:was forced to sing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" alone.
:ultwario: wanted to sing "Santa Baby". :ultisabelle: said no.
Crazy Hand made :ultfalcon: and :ultlucas: sing "Christmas Shoes" without :ultisabelle: knowing about it. When :ultfalcon: found out that :ultlucas: was singing as the child, he stopped singing and ran off the stage screaming FALCON PUNCH!, followed by most of the cast. Crazy Hand was later found beat up in a alley way that seemed pretty crowded earlier, with :ultbayonetta::ultpalutena::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultbowser::ultchrom::ultfalcon::ultsnake:and :ultness: last seen leaving it. :ultisabelle: went back after everybody else left, with a home run bat in hand.
:ultwiifittrainer: decided to sing "All I Want For Christmas Is You". Let's just say that :ultlittlemac: felt uncomfortable with her pulling him onto the stage.
:ultbowser: got to sing "Baby It's Cold Outside" with :ultpeach:. She now hates that song so very much.
:ultincineroar: sang "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch". Issac, Geno, Mach Rider, Shadow felt awkward in the audience for some reason, feeling like they were being made fun of. Banjo and Kazooie were outside looking through the window when the song happened. :ultken: was the first choice to sing that song though.
Rundown of the whole pageant.
- :ultisabelle: introduces the audience with "Sleigh Ride", which leads a bark and quack version of "Jingle Bells" performed :ultduckhunt:.
-Next was :ulticeclimbers: singing "Winter Wonderland".
-:ultsnake: originally was planned to sing "Snoopy's Christmas", but Master Hand wanted him to ing "I'll Be Home For Christmas". :ultwolf: decided to sing "I'll Be Home For Christmas" right afterward as a compromise.
-:ultbayonetta: sang "Santa Baby", despite the unsuccessfully sabotages by :ultwario:.
-:ultpit: awkwardly sang "Hark the Heralds Angels Sing", because :ultdarkpit:was supposed to sing with him.
-Following that was :ultpalutena: singing "Silent Night"
-:ultluigi: and :ultdaisy: sang "Away In A Manger"
-:ultbowser::ultmarth:and :ultganondorf: sing "We Three Kings"
-:ultsimon: sings "The First Noel" followed by :ultrichter: singing "God Rest You Merry Gentlemen".
-:ultfalcon:started singing "Christmas Shoes" and :ultisabelle: began worrying because he wasn't supposed to be singing that. Then :ultlucas: started to sing the child's line, and :ultfalcon: stopped, ran off stage screaming FALCON PAWNCH!. Crazy Hand was found in an alleyway shortly afterwards, with all sorts of bruises, but it was noted that almost the entire roster took turns. After that, Isabelle went with a home run bat in hand. And that was the intermission...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Rundown of the whole pageant.
- :ultisabelle: introduces the audience with "Sleigh Ride", which leads a bark and quack version of "Jingle Bells" performed :ultduckhunt:.
-Next was :ulticeclimbers: singing "Winter Wonderland".
-:ultsnake: originally was planned to sing "Snoopy's Christmas", but Master Hand wanted him to ing "I'll Be Home For Christmas". :ultwolf: decided to sing "I'll Be Home For Christmas" right afterward as a compromise.
-:ultbayonetta: sang "Santa Baby", despite the unsuccessfully sabotages by :ultwario:.
-:ultpit: awkwardly sang "Hark the Heralds Angels Sing", because :ultdarkpit:was supposed to sing with him.
-Following that was :ultpalutena: singing "Silent Night"
-:ultluigi: and :ultdaisy: sang "Away In A Manger"
-:ultbowser::ultmarth:and :ultganondorf: sing "We Three Kings"
-:ultsimon: sings "The First Noel" followed by :ultrichter: singing "God Rest You Merry Gentlemen".
-:ultfalcon:started singing "Christmas Shoes" and :ultisabelle: began worrying because he wasn't supposed to be singing that. Then :ultlucas: started to sing the child's line, and :ultfalcon: stopped, ran off stage screaming FALCON PAWNCH!. Crazy Hand was found in an alleyway shortly afterwards, with all sorts of bruises, but it was noted that almost the entire roster took turns. After that, Isabelle went with a home run bat in hand. And that was the intermission...
Why you gotta ignore my boi? How can you deny his dulcet tones?!!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
NPC/characters that are Spirits headcanons:

After WoL, some characters that were spirits came to visit Smash City every so often, some even applying to be considered for the Newcomer Fighter Pass, such as Bandana Dee, Black Shadow, Octoling, Elma, and Mecha-Fiora (seeing Chrom participate and still also be in Robin’s final smash gave her an idea). On some occasions, some Smashers have seen fighters they’ve never seen before sign up for consideration, like a young purple-clad, spiky orange haired boy with headphones from the city of Shibuya, and a blue-haired female android.

Mecha-Fiora often visits Shulk, and is Lucina’s best friend from the time the two along with Ryu, Ken, Chrom and KOS-MOS investigated the Golden Chains incident (Project X Zone 2 reference). The two girls hang out whenever they can, and sometimes bring Zelda along.

Bandana Dee often says hi to Kirby and King Dedede. Dee and Kirby sometimes have cake eating competitions.

Elma prefers the company of scientific types, and is often seen with Snake, Samus, Shulk, Captain Falcon, or Cloud. A lot of the Smashers admire her due to her efforts to save humanity after Earth was destroyed in her universe, and look forward to seeing her officially join them. Elma also knows that Falcon is seeing Lucina, and approves of their relationship. sometimes even secretly fangirling when she seems them together

The Octolings and Inklings get along surprisingly well.

Last edited:

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
- :ultfox:and :ultfalco:protect :ultdiddy:from:ultwolf:since he tried to get close to :ultwolf:before.

- :ultbowserjr:and :ultinkling:get along rather well, despite :ultinkling:'s teasing that he walks around naked.

- :ultinkling: and :ultvillager: don't get along well, they and their alts are fighting it's getting on everyone's nerves.

- :ultyoshi:is relishing the day :ultpiranha: gets into Smash, so he can eat him and get rid of the annoyance.

- A party led by :ultduckhunt: is gonna celebrate :ultpiranha: getting into Smash. Joke characters unite.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
NPC/characters that are Spirits headcanons:

After WoL, some characters that were spirits came to visit Smash City every so often, some even applying to be considered for the Newcomer Fighter Pass, such as Bandana Dee, Black Shadow, Octoling, Elma, and Mecha-Fiora (seeing Chrom participate and still also be in Robin’s final smash gave her an idea). On some occasions, some Smashers have seen fighters they’ve never seen before sign up for consideration, like a young purple-clad, spiky orange haired boy with headphones from the city of Shibuya, and a blue-haired female android.

Mecha-Fiora often visits Shulk, and is Lucina’s best friend from the time the two along with Ryu, Ken, Chrom and KOS-MOS investigated the Golden Chains incident (Project X Zone 2 reference). The two girls hang out whenever they can, and sometimes bring Zelda along.

Bandana Dee often says hi to Kirby and King Dedede. Dee and Kirby sometimes have cake eating competitions.

Elma prefers the company of scientific types, and is often seen with Snake, Samus, Captain Falcon, or Cloud. A lot of the Smashers admire her due to her efforts to save humanity after Earth was destroyed in her universe, and look forward to seeing her officially join them. Elma also knows that Falcon is seeing Lucina, and approves of their relationship. sometimes even secretly fangirling when she seems them together

The Octolings and Inklings get along surprisingly well.
You forgot that Shulk is also a scientific type. He's a friggin' engineer.

Oddball

Smash Lord
:ultpokemontrainer: has been teaching :ultlittlemac: how to be a Pokemon trainer. :ultlittlemac: Mac think it's a nice little hobby but he's not super serious about it.

:ultwario: sometimes puts on his red and blue overalls and cap and goes around telling people he's "that stupid plumber Mario" while playing mean pranks on him. A few of the people that don't know Mario that well fall for it. Also Bowser couldn't tell the difference between them if they were standing next to each other.

:ultfalcon: doesn't call Joker by his name. He refers to him as "Space Cowboy,", "Maurice", and occassionally "the Gangster of love".

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultbayonetta: sometimes transforms into a panther just to play with :ultincineroar: because she appreciates how he entertains the kids. :ultincineroar: appreciates this immensely (too many canines, too little felines).

SNinjaStudios

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1881-9214-4032
:ultkirby: was the winner of the first Smash tourney. He lost the first round of Melee so he could go looking for food instead.

All of the newcomers were carefully picked by the original eight . . . except for :ultridley: and :ultdarksamus:, who barged in without warning and snarled at anyone who dared to challenge their positions. :ultsamus::ultzss: is still trying to find a good opprotunity to get rid of them.

:ultvillager:, :ultmegaman:, and :ultwiifittrainer: are good friends. As the first three newcomers of Smash 4, they were selected to train most of Ultimate's newcomers.

:ultmario: and :ultsonic: had an intense rivalry during the Brawl days. They're cool with each other now.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
:ultridley: killed Fire Mario to get in the roster. How else do you think it was allowed? It explains where the Fire Mario Alt went too.

Will add more headcannon when I think of more.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sonic has a habit of muttering things under his breath, mainly when he’s in a situation that makes him nervous.

For example,

“Hey, Inkling! Wanna hang out? oh man, Amy is so gonna kill me...

I’m thinking of some New Years headcanons, I’ll edit this post later

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Why you gotta ignore my boi? How can you deny his dulcet tones?!!!

I forgot to include what happened after the intermission though.

After everybody destroyed Crazy Hand (:ultbowser::ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultpalutena::ultisabelle::ultsnake::ultfalcon: and :ultness: really didn't hold back compared to everybody else), the show resumed with "Do You Hear What I Hear?" done by :ultlucina::ultchrom:and both:ultrobin:.
:ultyoshi: then did a version of the nutcracker theme.
:ultyounglink::ultlink: and :ulttoonlink: then preformed "Up on the Rooftop."
:ultkingdedede: sang "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
:ultpokemontrainer: sang a unique version of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", but changed it to Deerling. Most people didn't think this version had the same rythme to it.
:ultwiifittrainer: then sang "All I Want From Christmas is You", and she pulled :ultlittlemac: onto the stage during it, confusing him.
Right after, :ultincineroar: shoved the both of them onto the front row, (intentionally aiming for Isaac and Shadow. Did I mention Assist Trophies got front row to the show?) singing "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch."
:ultlucina: then sang "Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" with (F):ultrobin: and :ultchrom: dressed as Santa. :ultkingdedede: came into the middle of the song, probably thinking Chrom was trying to steal his gig.
In order to stop the fight (or to take advantage of the chaos), :ultbowser: dragged :ultpeach: onto stage to sing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" an act early.
Because of this, people got confused where both :ultmegaman: was singing "Blue Christmas" and :ultsonic: was singing "Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer" over each other.
The finale was brought early with theme singing a mashup of "Holly Jolly Christmas" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". The Entire Roster sang except for :ultdarkpit: (who was still at Virdi's), :ultkingdedede: (who was knocked out by Female:ultrobin:) :ultincineroar: (He was doing a reprise) and :ultkrool::ultridley: (who both were just sitting in the balcony, making snarky comments every moment of the show)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight: and :ultkingdedede: humbly asked Master Hand to hold back on Kirby newcomers in secret so other series could get the representation they wanted and they could be patient. A kind move. They did so with a "The first shall be last, and the last, first" attitude.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New Year’s Celebration Headcanons (feat some Spirits/NPCs)

Some smashers stayed in their apartments, some went out all day.

Chrom and Robyn stayed at home with their son Morgan. They watched the ball drop on TV before the new year rang in, making some resolutions to stay together and bond more as a family, and for Chrom, to come to terms with his daughter’s choice in romantic relationships. (The last one didn’t last long.)

Palutena and Bayonetta decided to put their goddess-witch feud to rest for one night by binge watching some binge worthy shows, but they couldn’t find anything interesting, so they invited Elma over to help them find something. Elma logged in to her Ninflix account on Palutena’s smart TV and after a while of browsing, the three had three top picks. Palutena’s pick was a humorous animated show about a fox who hated her job and took up singing death metal karaoke after work to vent. Palutena thought it was funny cause the fox vaguely reminded her of Isabelle. Elma’s pick was a techno thriller set in the 1980’s that had interactive elements and multiple endings, the first “interactive movie” of its kind on the service. Bayonetta’s pick was a series adapted from a children’s book series that got rather dismal at times, due to the fact the protagonists faced trial after trial after losing their parents in a house fire. Bayonetta said her favorite part of the show was the main villain who could make even the shoddiest disguise convincing. Ultimately, Bayonetta’s pick won, and Palutena and Elma found themselves enjoying the show, despite the (quite literal) cliffhanger at the end of season 2. Bayonetta followed up with, “I heard the final season is gonna be epic! Even if the ending will be a bit of a downer...after all, didn’t the opening theme and the narrator both say to look away? But this is like a glorious train wreck; you just can’t!”

Rosalina took Ness, Lucas, Paula, Jeff, Young and Toon Links, the Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer, Lip, Ashley, and Lin Lee Koo to watch the fireworks atop the hill overlooking Smash City.

Mewtwo, Pichu and Greninja were in charge of setting up the ball, while Lucario and Incineroar were in charge of fireworks. It took all of Lucario’s efforts to stop Incineroar from wanting to light them too early.

Bowser, Bowser Jr. and the koopalings, Peach, Daisy, Piranha Plant, Olimar, Alph, Mario, Luigi, both Corrins, Fox, Falco, ROB, Marth, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie and Funky Kong, Sonic, the Inklings and Octolings, Pac Man, Little Mac, Pit, Dark Pit, Pikachu, Wario, both Wii Fit Trainers, the Miis, Yoshi, the Villagers, Isabelle, Snake and Samus (in her Zero Suit) attended a concert in Smash City Square. The opening act was King K. Rool and his Kremling Bandmates performing Gangplank Galleon with K. Rool rapping the lyrics. Then came Callie and Marie, followed by an encore performance with Pearl and Marina. At one point, Snake did the Floss dance and Samus couldn’t help but feel a bit of secondhand embarrassment over her boyfriend trying to be “hip” with the young people. When the clock struck 12 and the fireworks ignited the sky, the Villagers and Isabelle popped their poppers, and everyone else there did the same. As K. Rool tooted his trumpet, the performers from Inkopolis said, “Stay fresh and don’t get cooked this new year!”

The villains, which consisted of Ganondorf, Wolf, Dark Samus, and Ridley (since Bowser, Wario and K. Rool were at the concert) stayed in, and invited Shadow the Hedgehog, Black Knight, and Black Shadow along to talk about their villainous New Years resolutions. Shadow, Wolf and Black Knight eventually got bored though and bailed early.

Shulk stayed home and decided to stream a game on a user run game streaming service after Snake suggested he open a channel. He played some multiplayer games, and his girlfriend, Mecha-Fiora, co commentated over the Chaos messaging and VoIP program Sonic wrote, which got Sonic so many sponsorships he was able to invite Joker.

Most of the other Assist Trophies, along with Dunban, Kumatora, Viridi, Alfonso and Captain Toad decided to hang out by the public pool. Chef Kawasaki catered the event, of course.

Kirby, Bandana Dee and King Dedede held a New Year’s event on Smash News Network, with Meta Knight in charge of subtitles.

Dr. Mario stayed at his hospital, in case anyone got hurt. He offered the Duck Hunt duo, Mr. Game & Watch and Jigglypuff to keep him company too, so he wouldn’t get too lonely. Only person who ended up at the hospital was Cloud, who received minor injuries following a bike incident. Sadly, Cloud ended up staying the night, which sank his spirits a bit. Joker, the latest addition to Smash city, decided to visit, however, and chatted with Cloud to lift his spirits.

On the other side of Smash City was the banquet hall, where a more lavish indoors party was held. Ken was the DJ, Simon was the bartender, and Ryu was in charge of lighting, since he claimed he doesn’t dance. The party started with Roy, Ike, Link, Sheik, Richter, Rex, Reyn, Melia, Azura, Nia, Zeke, Karate Joe, the Chorus Kids, Shantae, Pyra, Tora, Riki and Tatsu cutting it loose on the dance floor, with the three Nopon having a Dancepon dance-off. Tatsu won.

Meanwhile, Zelda and Lucina were picking out dresses for their double date at the indoors party. Since Lucina had no fashion sense, Zelda picked a dress for her. When the two arrived at the party, Zelda was a bit surprised to see Link dancing with Sheik, who was Zelda from Link’s own timeline. Needless to say, the rest of the night was pretty awkward for Link.

But not for Lucina, who saw her own date, none other than Captain Falcon, sharply dressed, and without his helmet to boot. Lucina couldn’t help but blush at her lover commenting on how ravishing she looked, thinking he looked breathtakingly handsome himself, and when she asked about him ditching the helmet, he said “This kind of opportunity only comes once a year...and I have something special for you to ring in another year of us together. So...what say you to a dance with your training partner who became so much more?”

It just so happened to be 10 till midnight, and noticing the atmosphere changing, Ken decided to change the tune to a slow dance. Link was still in an awkward position, switching between Zelda and Sheik every so often, but Rex and Pyra hit it off, even though Rex was a bit clumsy. Lucina and Falcon, however, were getting into it the most, embracing when the countdown began, and sharing a passionate kiss when everyone shouted “HAPPY NEW YEAR!” Everyone’s attention then shifted to the couple as they cheered them on.

Finally, Robin (the male Robin) was writing an article for the Smash Blog. It went as follows:

“Throughout all of Smash’s lifespan, we’ve had our own adventures, our own trials. We’ve said hello to some, goodbye to others, we’ve seen new worlds and helped each other when we needed it most. It turned out, those goodbyes were more like ‘see you later’s, as this year, a miracle happened. Everyone is here! And in spite of all our differences, when we band together, we can overcome anything, even the end of the world. To my fellow Smashers, I wish the best to you all this year and the years to come. May we always be together in strength and joy, being there for one another. To the hopeful Smashers who applied to be newcomers, I wish you all the best of luck. And, no matter who you are or where you come from, I wish you all a happy and prosperous New Year.”

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Remember when I said that I'd do Christmas and New Years party headcanons at some point?

i lied.

I couldn't come up with anything for a Holiday Party headcanon, so I'm going just skip to New Years.

Ahem...

Once again, Master Hand and Crazy Hand hosted the party, this time the party was held in a rather unorthodox place. Rather then taking place in the neutral territory or at one of the various parts of the Super Smash Bros. Universe, Master Hand instead opened a portal to a replica of the Deus Ex universe and hosted the party inside the Apex Centre from Mankind Divided. Adam Jensen, J.C. Denton, and Alex Denton were thus all invited to the party as honorary hosts.

The reason this location was chosen was so the overlook windows could be used to get a bird's eye view of times square. Master Hand didn't bother with catering this time for a number of reasons, but he did order a couple pizzas and some soda for the kids, and like, 2 or 3 bottles of champagne for everyone else.

• :ultbayonetta: and Jeanne pretty much hijacked the sound system and replaced the techno music with smooth jazz, though they threw some Bob Marley into the playlist to keep :ultpiranha: happy.
  • :ultbowser:, :ultbowserjr:, :ultgreninja:, :ulticeclimbers:, :ultincineroar:, :ultjigglypuff:, :ultlittlemac:, :ultlucas:, :ultness:, :ultpacman:, :ultpikachu:, :ultpichu:, :ultpit:, :ultrosalina:,:ultroy:, :ultsheik:, :ultsonic:, :ulttoonlink:, :ultyounglink:, F!:ultpokemontrainer:, M!:ultpokemontrainer:, and the :ultinkling:s pretty much spent the entire party downstairs where Crazy Hand set up an arcade and lazer tag arena, the latter of which the Inklings ironically didn't care much for, because they were much more used to how their turf wars weapons functioned. As a result, the Inklings relegated themselves as poison control to make sure neither :ultdarksamus: nor the Deus Ex-native villains were putting anything in anyone's food or drinks.
  • :ultfalcon::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrichter::ultwolf: and :ultganondorf::ultike::ultlink::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultsnake::ultzelda: were all uncharacteristically dead silent towards eachother the entire party, not even exchanging snide insults like they usually do at these kinds of get-togethers. This unnatural calm was extremely unsettling to Master Hand, causing him to fear that they were planning something to make him look bad in front of the Deus Ex characters.
  • The Deus Ex characters didn't really know anyone here and weren't sure quite what to make of the party, but J.C. Denton and Alex Denton spent the whole time scowling at eachother while Adam Jensen chatted with :ultcloud:, :ultmegaman: and :ultsnake:.
  • :ultcorrin: and Camilla spent the whole party in the broom closet with the windows the lights out and the doors locked from the inside. This displeased :ultluigi: and :ultdaisy: immensely, since it was the one of the only parts of the building that the Deus Ex characters couldn't hack their way into (it used a conventional lock and deadbolt instead of electronic ones).
  • :ultdiddy: and :ultdk: were looking over one of the poisoned drinks under a microscope in awe at the size of this lad. absolute unit. with :ultkrool: looking over their shoulder waiting for them to explain to him just what exactly was so damn exciting about a poisoned drink.
  • :ultdoc:, :ultduckhunt:, :ultpiranha:, F! :ultvillager:, M!:ultvillager:, F!:ultwiifittrainer: and M!:ultwiifittrainer: were the party's designated poison-checkers, throwing out anything that may have been messed around with.
  • Most of the Zelda characters left early, complaining that the party being set in a non-series-neutral-territory was causing Hylia & Demise to give them all particularly nasty migraines. Strangely enough, this didn't improve the Star Fox crew's unusually sour mood at all.
  • :ultisabelle:, :ultmario:, :ultmarth:, and :ultpeach: spent most of the party trying to help a reluctant :ultyoshi: out of his tax troubles.
  • :ultkingdedede:, :ultkirby:, :ultwario: and :ultyoshi: left early because someone "let it slip" to them that there was a massive warehouse full of food left unsupervised in Shadow Moses Island. Turns out the warehouse was heavily guarded by FOXHOUND, but that wasn't going to stop one of the most terrifying and powerful creatures in existence and a couple friends of his from getting their hands on an entire warehouse full of delicious food.
  • :ultluigi: and :ultdaisy: were ****posting on smashboards twitter throughout the evening.
  • :ultmetaknight: hung out on the roof and watched the city skyline while listening to a podcast about a bunch of nerds talking over a batman game.
  • :ultmewtwo: spent the evening playing FFA Risk with Professor X and Magneto over skype.
  • :ultdarkpit: and Viridi opted to hang out with :ultbayonetta:, Jeanne, Joker, :ultlucina:, :ultpalutena:, :ultpiranha:, :ultsamus: and :pikachu2: in a little lounge alcove they discovered where the music wouldn't be drowned out by the party.
  • :ultridley: was not invited for obvious reasons.
  • F!:ultrobin: and Tharja left early because Master Hand was getting particularly noisy about his displeasure towards Tharja, and F!Robin was getting absolutely sick of hearing about it.
  • M!:ultrobin: and :ultchrom: wandered about the place looking for a library, but all they could find was a dead cyborg and some very impolite young men in golden masks.
  • :ultryu: and :ultken: were busy at the Street Fighter New Years' Party.
  • Over the course of the party, :ultdarksamus:died of Orchid poisoning several times, with :ultsamus: and :pikachu2: laughing behind their back every time it happened.
  • :ultshulk: and Fiora hung out on the roof to do some stargazing.
Almost everyone joined up on the main floor to watch the ball drop at midnight and stayed for a bit before resuming whatever it was they were doing for about another hour, until Master Hand made the fatal mistake of mistaking the Broom Closet for a Pantry...

master hand got gotted.png

Needless to say, the party then ended shortly afterward, but at least watching Master Hand's faith in humanity die right before their eyes was a good laugh for the rest of the cast and a fitting note to end on.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Related tangentially to my New Year’s Headcanons:

Yes, Sonic knows how to program. Mega Man taught him a bit, and he first got interested upon learning of the Saturn’s tough encryption (fun fact it took TWENTY YEARS for a Saturn Emulator to be developed).

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
New Years:
:ultisabelle: has made it her personal goal to have as many people keep their resolutions as possible. And she already gave up on :ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultpiranha::ultwario:and :ultcorrin:. :ultcorrin: was the only one out of them to make a resolution (it was to not get into other people's relationship life) when they tried to make :ultdarkpit: kiss Virdi after midnight.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now for something different: Meta Headcanons related to the game itself

The reason Mega Man and ROB don’t take damage while swimming? You’d expect beings made of circuitry to short circuit in water, but Mega Man and ROB were built to be waterproof.

Adventure Mode Metacanon:

The Story mode has a theme of balance; namely, what happens when balance is disrupted and one side overpowers the other, resulting in chaos and destruction. Kirby is the starting character so he represents the last hope for balance. In fact, the true ending requires you not slay either Galeem or Dharkon, letting them fuse instead and killing them both there. Only then is balance truly restored.

Galeem and Dharkon also have symbolism; they operate as a Yang (the former) and a Yin (the latter) type force each. Imagine if both forces were not in equilibrium and hungered for power and dominance? Yeah that’s basically what’s going on.

also idc what the game says, in my headcanon Dharkon is a she dammit

osby

Smash Obsessed

The reason Mega Man and ROB don’t take damage while swimming? You’d expect beings made of circuitry to short circuit in water, but Mega Man and ROB were built to be waterproof.

The Story mode has a theme of balance; namely, what happens when balance is disrupted and one side overpowers the other, resulting in chaos and destruction. Kirby is the starting character so he represents the last hope for balance. In fact, the true ending requires you not slay either Galeem or Dharkon, letting them fuse instead and killing them both there. Only then is balance truly restored.

Galeem and Dharkon also have symbolism; they operate as a Yang (the former) and a Yin (the latter) type force each. Imagine if both forces were not in equilibrium and hungered for power and dominance? Yeah that’s basically what’s going on.

Last part makes sense, chaos is a feminine force in a lot of myths, after all.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Last part makes sense, chaos is a feminine force in a lot of myths, after all.
Has the game clarified Galeem/Darkhon's pronouns?
Galeem is a he iirc. I don't remember Dharkon's pronouns being stated but most assume Dharkon is a he too
I'm gonna assume Darkhon is a she simply because of the whole Yin/Yang thing going on.
Goddamnit, now you've got me imagining some weird twisted romance between Galeem and Dharkon, and I want off the wild ride.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
  • :ultpikachu: back in his Melee days as :pichumelee:, was a feisty upstart that was always looking to assert his dominance in the Smash Mansion by starting fights with the other Smashers, mainly :dkmelee: and :falconmelee:. After the events of the SSE he grew more humble and ending up apologizing to the rest of cast for his past behavior. By the time of the Sm4sh tourney, he'd grown into the role of a respected veteran that helped newcomers find their groove in Smash.
  • The reason :ultjigglypuff: was in the first Smash Game was because she'd hitched a ride as a stowaway with :ultmario: and :ultluigi:without them knowing. :ultjigglypuff: herself belongs to :ultpeach:, and when she heard about this great tourney that both of the plumbers were invited to, she decided she'd jump into the teleporter with them at the last second as they were transported to the tourney. Master Hand didn't think it was worth the fuss of sending her back to the Mushroom Kingdom when they found her so :ultjigglypuff: participated and has been around ever since.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf: are different versions of the Link. Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf from Brawl and 4, but retain all the memories of the previous versions.

Link has the same personality of the Link before him.

Sheik has mostly the same personality, but since she’s Zelda from this Link’s timeline, she feels closer to him than before, which leads to jealousy from the new Zelda.

This Zelda comes from a different timeline from Link and Sheik. Her personality is a touch different. She’s less morose than the last Zelda, being calmer, gentler and more playful and outgoing, but knows when to get serious. She is still a bit of a bookworm though, and always has good advice to give when needed. She tends to be a bit tsundere around Link though, which is a new behavior.

Ganondorf is Ganondorf. Not much to say here, except he was tired of being called a :ultfalcon: carbon copy so he decided to throw some sword based moves into the mix, taking inspiration mainly from watching :ultcloud:.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Playstation All-Stars had done one thing right and that was put their characters in an awesome CGI opening battling with eachother in rival battles! Here are mine. My rules are that the characters cannot rival within their same respected franchise:

:ultmario: vs :ultlink: (Nintendo's best selling franchises. They have been paired up a lot during ultimate)
:ultdk: vs :ultlittlemac:(a rematch to their previous fight in Punch Out!)
:ultsamus: vs :ultsimon: (both from around the same year and heavy with projectiles)
:ultyoshi: vs :ultridley: (two dino dragon type things going at it)
:ultkirby: vs :ultpikachu: (these two are commonly seen together as well. Usually Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu are seen as the 4 main faces of Smash so it seems fitting)
:ultfox: vs :ultsnake: (big on weaponry and calling their backup for strategic maneuvers)
:ultluigi: vs :ultdarksamus: (I can imagine Dark Samus really freaking out Luigi)
:ultness: vs :ultmewtwo: (reference to Giygas but also the two are very powerful psychic beings)
:ultfalcon: vs :ultchrom: (Chrom finally gets his chance)
:ultjigglypuff: vs :ultdarkpit: (cute and pink vs edgy and black)
:ultpeach: vs :ultlucina: (Princess showdown)
:ultbowser: vs :ultpichu: (one of those David vs Goliath type match ups)
:ulticeclimbers: vs :ultpit: (Pit claims he was glad they were gone during 4 because of their illegal team up, but they're about to show them how they convinced Master Hand to let them back in)
:ultsheik: vs :ultgreninja: (ninjas. what more can I say)
:ultzelda: vs:ultrobin: (a battle between magic wielders)
:ultdoc: vs:ultyounglink: (the original clone clones. Young Link doesn't want a check up from Dr. Mario, also somewhat rivals the original pairs rivalry)
:ultfalco: vs :ultduckhunt: (Duck hunt is only found of one bird around here)
:ultmarth: vs :ultmetaknight: (referencing subspace's original encounter)
:ultganondorf: vs :ultryu: (per the very first trailer for Ultimate. Kinda inspired by Akuma vs Ryu)
:ultroy: vs :ultrichter: (headband bros, plus it just looks like a fun fight in the making)
:ultgnw: vs :ultpacman: (battle of the classics)
:ultzss: vs :ultwiifittrainer: (popular match up in trailers. Very aerodynamic bendy people lol)
:ultwario: vs :ultlucas: (nod to subspace again)
:ultike: vs Joker (just cuz)
vs
(3 pokemon, 3 miis)
:ultdiddy: vs :ultvillager: (I like to think of it as a random match up but one that makes sense if you don't think about it haha)
:ultsonic: vs :ultmegaman: (the blue blur vs the super fighting robot)
:ultkingdedede: vs :ultkrool: (per K. Rool's trailer)
:ultolimar: vs :ultpiranha: (I like to think of it as a Pikmin boss match up almost)
:ultlucario: vs :ultshulk: (the power of aura vs the monado's power)
:ultrob: vs :ultcorrin: (ran out of choices, lol)
:ulttoonlink: vs :ultcloud: (I think of it as big ass sword vs smaller sword haha)
:ultrosalina: vs :ultwolf: (protector of the cosmos vs a space bounty hunter)
:ultpalutena: vs :ultbayonetta: (Goddess of Light vs An Umbra Witch)
:ultbowserjr: vs :ultinkling: (too bad Junior doesn't use his brush too frequently otherwise this would be more perfect)
:ultdaisy: vs :ultken: (echo fighters who happen to be best friends with their "original" counterpart)
:ultisabelle: vs :ultincineroar: (dog vs cat)

DekaSwan

Smash Rookie
:ultsnake: only got back into Smash Ultimate because, whereas he was banned from leaving Konami to attend, Venom Snake decided to shave and put in a glass eye to cover as his body double until the Ultimate tournament was over. Big Boss, however, was sworn into silence because he's an asshole.

Oddball

Smash Lord
The characters that show up as assist trophies where invited to compete as main fighters, but failed their auditions.

Waluigi purposly does so. In fact, people have grown to regret being the ones that have to judge his audition.

:ultsimon: loves to entertain people with tales of his adventures... although they tend to get a bit too scary for the kids.

:ultbowser: once referred to :ultryu: and :ultken: and "the Super Karate brothers" and the nickname stuck.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Among the Assist Trophies, Tiki and Alucard are very close friends. They share a lot of things in common with each other. Both have incredibly extended lifespans due to being a Manakete and a Dhampir, respectively, and also put themselves into sleeping periods that can last for centuries. They both can take non-humanoid forms, as well. Alucard originally helped Trevor, Sypha, and Grant before going into a several hundred year hibernation, only to then help Richter and Maria. Tiki became very close to Marth and Caeda, but after outliving them, she helped out Chrom, Robin, and Lucina two thousand years later.

They both reminisce about their older days, as they're some of the only beings present who can relate to each other's struggles. The Daughter of Naga and the Son of Dracula.

D

Deleted member

Among the Assist Trophies, Tiki and Alucard are very close friends. They share a lot of things in common with each other. Both have incredibly extended lifespans due to being a Manakete and a Dhampir, respectively, and also put themselves into sleeping periods that can last for centuries. They both can take non-humanoid forms, as well. Alucard originally helped Trevor, Sypha, and Grant before going into a several hundred year hibernation, only to then help Richter and Maria. Tiki became very close to Marth and Caeda, but after outliving them, she helped out Chrom, Robin, and Lucina two thousand years later.

They both reminisce about their older days, as they're some of the only beings present who can relate to each other's struggles. The Daughter of Naga and the Son of Dracula.
This is really sweet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Adventure Mode: Themes of Duality Meta Headcanon/Analysis part 2

back to my whole yin/yang themes analysis

I said Galeem (who here uses he/him pronouns) represents the Yang and Dharkon (she/her pronouns here) represents the Yin right?

Let’s go into it more now and go into a deeper analysis of their dualities than just light and dark.

Yang - it’s themes and symbolism

Common themes associated with the Yang are:

Aggressiveness - Galeem is the first to attack and does so without restraint or mercy, vaporizing everyone he sees.

Fire - Fire produces light. Mario, Roy and Captain Falcon are under Galeem’s control, and use mostly fire based attacks. Palutena, who’s under Galeem’s control, also has a fire attack. There’s also Pokémon Trainer with Charizard. Ironically, Incineroar and Ken are under Dharkon’s control following Galeem’s first defeat.

Air/Sky - Galeem floats in the air a lot. There are a lot of Spirit battles in the first area with strong wind gusts. There are areas in the sky and in space. Fox, Falco, Pit and Palutena have an affinity for the sky. Peach can float. A lot of other fighters here are great aerial fighters with the exception of Little Mac and Dr. Mario.

Hard/Rigid - Galeem is a glowing white core surrounded by metallic prismatic “wings” that retain the same shape. He looks synthetic.

Masculinity - mostly male characters and spirits are found in the World of Light or otherwise on Galeem’s side in the final fight, though there are some notable female ones. The aforementioned Mario, Roy and Captain Falcon, as well as Snake, Bowser, Ryu, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer (can be either gender), Pokémon Trainer (can be either gender), Villager and Inkling (can be either gender), Shulk, Simon, Pit, Link and some others. Sheik can be considered a masculine woman, as can Samus to a certain extent. There’s also too many male Spirits I can’t be cheesed to write here. But I will say that Destruction/Purification is considered a masculine force too.

Expanding - the first area is vast.

The Sun/Day - Solgaleo is a Spirit on Galeem’s side in The Final Battle area. It appears to be daytime everywhere in the first area. Daytime is associated with bustling activity and noise, so there’s areas full of life like jungles and cities. Plants need sunlight to grow, hence Lip’s spirit being found here and her special field ability.

Heart/Emotion - somewhat tied to aggressiveness. Most of the spirits and fighters found in the first area are passionate and driven by the heart, like Shulk, Little Mac, Yoshi, Ness, Isabelle, Link, Lucas and Lucario, or otherwise hot headed like Bowser and King Dedede, and the Mythra spirit in the Final Battle area on Galeem’s side.

Science - some fighters found here are scientifically inclined, like Snake, Captain Falcon, Mega Man, Zero Suit Samus and Shulk. There are several high tech looking areas like the base and the weird teleport area. Galeem’s wings have a holographic appearance like the back of a CD.

Summer/Heat - Light is associated with heat. There are volcano and beach/island areas.

Dominance - this one is probably more meta than the other themes. Of the 7 Original to Echo duos (:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:, :ultroy:/:ultchrom:, :ultmarth:/:ultlucina:, :ultryu:/:ultken:,:ultpit:/:ultdarkpit:,:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:,:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy:), all the originals (first half of each duo) are under Galeem’s control. In addition, in the first area, Master Hand throws a LOT of obstacles in your path, forcing you to traverse the world some more.

Forged bonds/ “the blood of the covenant” - a lot of the fighters and spirits trapped in the first area are characters that can be perceived as having friendships and romantic relationships forged with experiences. Like Ness and Lucas (throwback to SSE), Mario and Peach, (depending on your interpretation) Snake and Samus, Fox and Falco, and Villager and Isabelle. Of course, some friends/lovers are on opposite sides too, such as Link and Zelda, Peach and Daisy, Ryu and Ken, and one of my popularly headcanoned ships I fangirl about don’t @ me (Spoiler: it’s Falconcina) have all been separated from each other.

Energy - The first realm seems full of life, lots of city like areas and some Spirits are needed to clear some obstacles.

Yin - it’s themes and symbolism

Passiveness - Dharkon waits until Galeem is defeated the first time to claim (most of) the fighters we didn’t see in the first area for herself.

Water - Bodies of water grow darker the deeper you go. Greninja and Corrin are found in the Mysterious Realm in the World of Dark. There’s also the Azura Spirit in the same Realm, found just before Corrin. King K. Rool is a crocodile, which is an aquatic creature. Ironically, Squirtle, part of Pokémon Trainer, is under Galeem’s control. Also, you’re required to dive into a lake to unlock the path to Young Link in the Sacred Realm.

Earth - Dharkon’s tendrils look a lot like tree branches. She also seems constantly “rooted” and the tips look like roots. Her eye can also be interpreted as a seed. Her goal is to grow her reach and corrupt everything, like an all consuming plant. The Sacred Realm has lots of trees and forests. There are patches of desolate earth everywhere. Most of the fighters here are better ground fighters, including Richter and Chrom (some are better suited for the air like Sonic, Daisy and Cloud. heh...get it? CLOUD?...ok I’ll stop). Some spirit battles in the World of Dark have earthquakes.

Soft/Flexible - Dharkon is comprised of a demonic eye with fleshy organic tendrils that bend freely to her will.

Femininity - More female characters (Fighter or Spirit) are found in the world of Dark or are on Dharkon’s side in the Final Battle area, even though there are some males. Bayonetta, Daisy, Lucina, Zelda, (if you count her) Dark Samus, Robin and Corrin (who can be either gender), Rosalina. Richter and possibly even Ike can be considered slightly feminine men. For spirits there’s the aforementioned Azura, Mecha-Fiora, Risky Boots, Impa, Saria and so on. Also, Corruption/Chaos is considered a feminine energy.

Contracting - the second area is smaller than the first. In addition, you are unable to zoom out in the main non-portal areas of the World of Dark.

The Moon/Night - Lunala is a spirit on Dharkon’s side in The Final Battle area. Night is associated with supernatural forces, which explains Dracula’s Castle and all the Spirits found there as well as the Dracula boss. It also explains Luigi’s presence there, as a throwback to the Luigi’s Mansion games.

Mind/Logic - somewhat tied to passiveness. most of the fighters and spirits found in the second area are logical, calm thinkers, like Zelda, Mewtwo, Ike and Robin, or otherwise cool headed like Sonic, Meta Knight, Lucina and Cloud. The Mysterious Realm area also tests the player’s knowledge.

Magic - some characters found on Dharkon’s side are magically inclined, like Ganondorf, Robin, Rosalina and Bayonetta. Magic is associated with the mind. Dharkon herself looks like an embodiment of dark magic.

Winter/Cold - Darkness is associated with cold, since the absence of light leads to the absence of heat. Incineroar can be found in an area with ice patches. Some Spirit battles have icy floors.

Submission - all 7 Echoes are under Dharkon’s control. Refer to “Dominance” under Yang for more explanation. Also, unlike in the first area, Crazy Hand does very little if at all to hinder your progress.

Familial relationships/ “the water of the womb” - some of the fighters and spirits found in the second area are family, such as Chrom with Lucina and Robin (female Robin can be Chrom’s wife); Corrin with the Azura spirit before them (Azura is their cousin); and the Dunban and Mecha-Fiora spirits are both found in the Sacred Realm (they’re siblings; despite regular Fiora’s spirit being in the World of Light) as well as the Donbe and Hikari Spirit (they’re also sibs). Of course like with the forged bonds, some family members have been separated, like Mario and Luigi; Bowser and Bowser Jr.; and Simon separated from his descendant Richter.

Stillness - the second area seems very quiet and lifeless. No spirits are needed to clear any obstacles; instead, they are solved by clearing your mind and solving puzzles.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can we ask for people's headcanons in here?

If we can, I have a question.
There are two sections if we ignore the last one. Light and Dark, but fighters aren't distributed equally. Ifyou had to give light and dark equal amounts of fighters, how would you divide them? (ignoring :ultkirby:)

Top Bottom