• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Finially Announced to come to U.S VC!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
huh? are you talking about the release date or the fact that ssb64 is coming to VC?

We knew ssb64 was gonna come to VC in the states for a long time now but the date is still unconfirmed and that site says "Unknown"

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I have it on the VC already lolol...

I kinda like using the GameCube controller with it. I just gotta get better at Z-canceling with it.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Man, if only they'd come out with n64 attachments to wiimotes or something.
If only...

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
L, R or Z. The controls are exactly the same as for Melee except the c-stick is jump. So taunt is on the d-pad, shield is on L or R, a is on A, b is on B, jump is up on the control stick, anything on the c-stick or X/Y and grab is Z. Have fun in America!
Well the Smash 64 I'm playing on my VC has different controls. Z is taunt, R is grab and holding it gets a shield, L is shield, and L+A is shield grab. I ****ing hate not having a c-stick for aerial attacks. I really, really wish I could make it work that way.

I wish Z was grab and not taunt though. At least I'm used to how it plays on the GameCube now, though it's kinda stupid with the slightly switched around controls.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
ur dum
if u wanna play it with friends u cant do that on a computer

by friends i meant IRL
nope

i have lots of adapters and controllers so if i wanted to i could have friends play on the computer at the same time instead of the wii

EDIT: and if you wanted lagless teams you could have people connect their n64 controllers and play offline for lagless teams

DMoogle

A$
1. Get computer, install windows.
2. Get emulator/ROM.
3. Get controllers/adapters (most computers these days have at LEAST 6 USB ports. Mine has 10 if you include the monitor.)
4. Configure everything.
5. ???
6. Profit.

Seriously it's not hard.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
USB hubs exist too is you're worried about lack of ports. I played Starfox64 with friends a while back on a laptop. I used keyboard while three friends used USB controllers, but we still had 3 USB slots on a USB hub.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'd like to point out lagless teams...

LAGLESS TEAMS heh

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I'd be more inclined to play this online if I could get a Ps2 controller for my adapter soon. I have one, it's just being borrowed at the moment. =[

And I DO NOT want to use a keyboard, N64 controller, or an analogless controller.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
Ive seen videos from people playing online it looks like it lags so dam much. Is that just the video quality or is that how its really like?

BTW, I'd look into this

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm looking forward to this on US VC, because then I'll be able to play it in my school's game labs without having to bring in an N64.

Plus, I have a Mac, so I can't play online with an emulator. All I have right now is the original cartridge.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, sorry, I do have a Mac. I love my Mac, but I just don't know how to get SSB64 online, Project64k doesn't work for me.

If you know how to get it working, though, that would be awesome. =)

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Well, sorry, I do have a Mac. I love my Mac, but I just don't know how to get SSB64 online, Project64k doesn't work for me.

If you know how to get it working, though, that would be awesome. =)
you can try bootcamp from apple's site to install windows XP on your MAC or use Parallels Desktop to run Windows XP inside Mac OS X or any other virtualization software like VMWare or Virtual Box.

Just like Wrath said, there's no excuse when there's plenty of tools on the internetz

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I have Virtualbox with an XP guest, and I still get an error code when running Project64k. I also tried Crossover, but that doesn't run 64k, only the original Project64.

Have you tested Bootcamp? If I know for sure that it works on Bootcamp, then I might need to get it.

Top Bottom