• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB 2015 Community Tier List

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
@ FooltheFlames FooltheFlames

olikus is just salty because he wanted link to be last. i personally think that link will eventually be where DK is on this list, maybe tied with samus (imo link wins vs samus but samus is less risky), but he can't really be higher than that since even theoretically he doesn't have any amazing advantages over anyone above samus.

it's just really risky to play as him, but like fox, once people start getting better placements with link and showing that he's not a super risky pick just because of a bad recovery, he will go up. it's just really tough to be super consistent with them since a single grab is a huge problem for those characters.

falcon also has a bad recovery, but he doesn't suffer from lack of punish options against other characters that are at 0%, is super fast, has easy combos, etc.
Oh really? lol xD impossible to catch on to sarcasm over the web...

4th from last? That's really generous of you... I play almost exclusively with Link, Kirby, & Ness in 64. And I feel Link is 3rd from Last, and that Ness could be 2nd to last... I used to think Ness was way better than him, but time has kinda proven me wrong. But... they are still not that far off from each other, 64 is really balanced and these two feel kinda the same in a way. They both have great tools on the stage (Links tools are better & that's why he's better) But they are both just crippled by their recoveries... that's the only thing holding them back! But a great player like Isai, he can make up for that by "Not getting hit." that's why part of his Link is so amazing~:love:

Yeah, I think Falcon even with the shallow recovery is better becuz of that and his mobility. And yeah, Link's grab... almost all grabs are kill moves in this game, and if you whiff a Link grab... Game Over against a player who knows what their doing! But same with Samus to though so... hmm...
If that happened, we'd take a look at what the player was doing in order to win with ness and compare that with what we currently know about Ness. If he was using new tools or using previous tools in ways that didn't know of before, that would mean ness has more options that we'd have discovered and he would become a different character. If someone shows up and starts beating isai and boom with ness just because he has better spacing or reactions that wouldn't mean anything.
Well, yeah. My point exactly; Didnt think I had to elaborate.
It's the smart players who come up with the tools for characters, unlocking their potential. Every playstyle, every strategy, is simply just someone else trying to emulate what the best at a particular game have uncovered- even if they dont want too, they cant ignore the those tools if they want to be good as well. But still, you cant emulate a players reaction speed time and their own flavor of mind games and such~
salty? me? nonsense. people have very different opinion over how to rank the last 3 ness link and luigi. So im not suprised at all with him being second last. it was basically bingo at the end. Isai the link master saying link is the worst by those 3 is more than enough for me anyway. Ofc I dont expect you to know my personality, but lets just they a list on an internet site is nowere near my level of getting angry.

My biggets suprise with this list is seeing kirby in the same tier as pika actually. I think pika is easily the best caracther, and at least both falcon and fox could be in the same tier as kirby.
Oh. okay then~
Isai is prolly without a doubt the end all "Link Master", but I cant just blindly go with only his interpretation. I think for myself, based on my own feels~ you could even say, I'm really feeling it! :awesome:
my opinion aint fact ofc, but neither is Isai's- thou his views certainly hold more weight than my own, having proved himself time and time again.

I believe Kirby ranks up there with Pika. 64 is alot more balanced than people give it credit for. It shouldn't be presented like Brawl is with only a single character in their own tier at the top. And you gotta keep in my mind this list is now based on DL ONLY. So that hurts Fox in a way and helps Kirby a bit. If the list was based on Sector Z only for some wacky reason then Fox would be top no contest; his laser camp spam is godly there.
I think if Hyrule was legal neutral again, Link could be a place a higher.

Shears

Smash Master
This sounds like straight up bias and I'm lmao in class XD
What are kids doing with computers and phones in classrooms these days? Back in my day you were only allowed paper and a pen/pencil.

No wonder maafia thinks Luigi kirby is 80-20 he's goofing off and not learning important life lessons in school, like how Luigi sucks.

M4TT

Smash Cadet
I agree with this list for the most part, maybe im just happy samus isnt last

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
It's about time.

I figured Yoshi would make a bigger jump considering the representation at Apex. Nice to see Kirby back into Chutier.

Compatible

Smash Cadet
Simply for further discussion...

# of people who ranked:
12/12 = 0
11/12 = 0
10/12 = 1
9/12 = 4
8/12 = 10
7/12 = 18
6/12 = 18
5/12 = 12
4/12 = 11
3/12 = 7
2/12 = 4
1/12 = 1

12.79% ranked the characters within 1 (+/-)
48.83% ranked the characters within 2(+/-)
75.58% ranked the characters within 3(+/-)
70.93% ranked the charectors in the same respective tiers

The Star King

Smash Hero
Misleading imo, for instance the only difference between my list and the official list is that DK was 2 spots lower on mine, but from that point of view that would be 9/12

Glasgowsmile

Smash Rookie
i agree for the most part with the list. i just would´ve switched links and donkeys placement out of personal creed and experience but i get the points that brought them to their current places.

Shears

Smash Master
i agree for the most part with the list. i just would´ve switched links and donkeys placement out of personal creed and experience but i get the points that brought them to their current places.
Heres what DK has:

Combo breaker upb
Incredible horizontal recovery with invincible arms that make edgeguarding difficult
Great dash dance and pivot speed
Amazing grab range
Amazing back throw
Forward throw stage spike
2 spike aerials
A punch that gets very short stocks and can break frame traps
Heavy so survives longer than most characters
Uair chains on DL
The butt

Heres what Link has:

Useless bomb drop recovery
Infinite sword glitch invisible bomb glitch that isn't practical
An annoying fairy companion
Courage

Also, you can't have 5 characters as your mains. Thats like saying you have 5 main girls, it just doesn't make sense. What are you mormon? If you can't decide who your main is, or you play all the characters evenly, then you don't have 5 mains, you just don't have a main and instead have 5 secondaries.

Last edited:

Glasgowsmile

Smash Rookie
Your answer in regard to Link and DK surely is biased.
I could respond in the same way:

Here´s what Link has:
-Great Neutral Game
-arguable the most versatile Projectiles in the Game
-large disjointed Hitboxes allowing for easy and relatively safe edgeguard options
-way better comboing ability than DK

Here´s what DK has:
the largest hurtbox
most useless dash in the game
no vertical recovery whatsoever
slow movements
needs platforms for not-even-great combos

And off course can i have 5 mains.
Because these are the 5 Chars i "mainly" play, while the other 5 are chars i play less often and only as secondaries.
What do you think the definition of main is? The char you mainly play, the char you play the most. And since i´m playing 5 chars relatively even(too even to distinguish which i play more often than the other) the only logical consequence is i main 5 chars.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Your answer in regard to Link and DK surely is biased.
I could respond in the same way:

Here´s what Link has:
-Great Neutral Game
-arguable the most versatile Projectiles in the Game
-large disjointed Hitboxes allowing for easy and relatively safe edgeguard options
-way better comboing ability than DK

Here´s what DK has:
the largest hurtbox
most useless dash in the game
no vertical recovery whatsoever
slow movements
needs platforms for not-even-great combos

And off course can i have 5 mains.
Because these are the 5 Chars i "mainly" play, while the other 5 are chars i play less often and only as secondaries.
What do you think the definition of main is? The char you mainly play, the char you play the most. And since i´m playing 5 chars relatively even(too even to distinguish which i play more often than the other) the only logical consequence is i main 5 chars.
No, as I said before, having 5 characters you play the most and play evenly doesn't make them 5 mains, it means you have no main and have 5 secondaries. Try having 5 main girls and see how that goes.

Glasgowsmile

Smash Rookie
That depends solely on the definition of Main and since we don´t have a rigorous strict defintion, i´m equally right in saying i have 5 mains as you are right in saying i have 5 secondaries.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi still bellow fox, even tho foxies are getting wrecked all over the world due to the DL rule and Yoshis are always heavyly represented in top8. (fox mains are all switching characters because they understood the disadvantages of the char against all the high tiers but kirby)
"oh but LD is good"
Please... just.. please.. dont even... 1 guy working miracles is not enough to hold a character, or else mario and jigg should be top tier cuz isai did so well with them. And even so.. notice that we are talking so much about him because of a miracle top8 at the easiest apex so far, and almost dropping before the top 8.

Shears

Smash Master
I would argue the road to top 8 at this past Apex was harder than any other NA 64 tournament. Maybe top 4/5 were harder last year but top 16/32/64 this year were way harder than any other year.

Glasgowsmile

Smash Rookie
No. Go try and have 5 of your definition main girls. Doesn't work, trust me.
would you please stop comparing apples to pears? You can´t compare girls and smash chars. the way you do. it´s really easy to keep up with 5 mains, but obviously impossible to keep up with 5 girls while treating them equally. Your argument has no logic behind it.

Shears

Smash Master
would you please stop comparing apples to pears? You can´t compare girls and smash chars. the way you do. it´s really easy to keep up with 5 mains, but obviously impossible to keep up with 5 girls while treating them equally. Your argument has no logic behind it.
Your failure to treat your smash chars like a delicate female and pour your love monogamously into a single main shows your lack of respect for the feelings of each of the 12 characters. #StopMainPolygamy #CharacterInfidelity

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol I probably should've come but I think it's kind of 2 l8 now o well

good luck to Killer vs LD

Last edited:

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
meh i used to despise luigi but now he's probably my tertiary or quaternary char... not much beats a firepunch stage spike or triple drill off the edge to end a match. all the haters should learn to love him for the scrappy, sexy beast that he is. your lives will be better for it i promise... :)

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Isn't Luigi just a copy-paste clone of mario? Shouldn't he be, i dunno, 8th instead of taking over Low-Tier-Trash-With-A-Green-Hat-and-cool-sword-rule?(LoZ jokes)
What tier list should be:
S TIER
Pikachu:pikachu64::pikachumelee::pikachu2::4pikachu:
Kirby:kirby64::kirbymelee::kirby2::4kirby:
-----
A Tier
Captain Falcon:falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon:
Fox:fox64::foxmelee::fox::4fox:
Yoshi:yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi2::4yoshi:
----
B Tier
Mario:mario64::mariomelee::mario2::4mario:
Luigi:luigi64::luigimelee::luigi2::4luigi:
Samus:samus64::samusmelee::samus2::4samus:
----
C Tier
DK:dk64::dkmelee::dk2::4dk:
Jigglypuff:jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff::4jigglypuff:
Ness:ness64::nessmelee::ness2::4ness:
----
Low-Tier-Trash-With-A-Green-Cap-and-a-sword tier
Link:link64::linkmelee::link2::4link:

Last edited:

Stonefallow

Smash Cadet
I can understand Fox being above Falcon if Hyrule isn't taken into account. But overall Fox is a much more capable character.

Jigglypuff should be higher than Yoshi and Yoshi should have stayed #6.

Donkey Kong should be 1 or 2 below Yoshi although I think the difference between them isn't that great.

Luigi should definitely not be last, he is at least better than Samus and Link. Especially Link, all it takes is a grab and Link's finished.

Last edited:

Stonefallow

Smash Cadet
Sure, and while I'm at it I'll teach you about the difference between opinion and fact.

kys

Smash Ace
Is that what the kids think in 2015? We can just spout whatever we want and when someone challenges us on said spout we cry, "OPINION, IT IS MINE!"

Tier lists are based on facts. Hitboxes, hurtboxes, options, recoveries, speed, etc. It's really hard to nail down those facts because smash is a fluid game and equally as difficult to present those facts in a way where everyone can agree, but they are facts.

Top Bottom