• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle Throw Combos?

Luigi Linguine

Smash Cadet
Attention, all Squirtle players. I've been messing around with PT lately and I like her a lot, but I'm having trouble figuring out which throw combos are the most optimal whenever I land the grab with Squirtle at low percents. As far as I know, there are four options for me to choose from, which are:
Down throw > Down air > Regrab
Down throw > Up air > Landing up air (first frame hitbox) > Up air > Pretty much any aerial
Down throw > Waterfall
Up throw > Up air > Fair/Bair/Uair depending on DI

What I'm wondering is, which scenarios lean each combo to being the preferred option over the others? For example, is up throw better against floaties or fast-fallers? Is down throw > Waterfall ever the best option objectively or is it just a safe and easy way to deal good damage when you're not 100% confident in executing the other combos? If anyone could definitively let me know which combos are the best in certain situations, I would greatly appreciate it- remember, this is for when the opponent is at or close to 0%; I'm already aware of the mid percent combos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom