• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle in a 1 stock match

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
He'll have a lot more potential, but there are so few PT players that I don't see things changing much.

Charizard and even Ivysaur have their place in specific matchups for 1-stock. The character has a noticeably better matchup spread there, IMO.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
He'll have a lot more potential, but there are so few PT players that I don't see things changing much.

Charizard and even Ivysaur have their place in specific matchups for 1-stock. The character has a noticeably better matchup spread there, IMO.
^This a million times!

It would be an awesome buff to the character, but the player base is so minimal nowadays(We are around 3-5 players currently?) that it wont matter much. Just adds potential for some users to have a pocket Squirtle or Zard for certain MUs

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Out of curiosity, who would Charizard and Ivysaur be particularly good against? I've always heard about Squirtle being so good, I rarely hear about the others.

T-block

B2B TST
I actually got the chance to mess around with some 1-stock yesterday. PT does indeed feel quite a bit stronger. In some matchups, starting Charizard and then switching to Squirtle for the KO seemed pretty solid.

Capps, to answer your question, DK, Bowser, and Ike are three characters off the top of my head where I would actually favour the other two over Squirtle. Of course, there are plenty more matchups where Ivysaur and Charizard still have an advantage, but perhaps not a bigger advantage than Squirtle has =)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I would go Ivysaur against DK, PT (!), and Bowser. Maybe G&W, maybe Snake, maybe ROB.

I would go Charizard against Dedede, Ike, and Ice Climbers. Maybe Ness, maybe Marth (but I'm just bad against Marth), maybe Meta Knight.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I feel :ivysaur: does well vs. :bowser2:, :charizard: (weird), :fox:, :ganondorf:,:ness2:, :snake: (weird), and :yoshi2: (weird).
Charizard being good against, I can't properly answer that.

Edit: completely forgot to mention that :ivysaur:kind of ***** :squirtle: in the sense that Ivy keeps squirtle out walling with grass moves doing extra 10% knock-back and that early U-smash....Despite jigglypuff being the lightest weight in the game, Type Effectiveness makes squirtle die to Ivy U-smash around 40-50% without DI/MC.....#Broken

Last edited:
Top Bottom