• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Square Enix Golden Week sale

Square_sale.jpg

From now until May 5th, 8:59 am PT, Switch users will be able to get discounts on a number of titles. Some highlights include Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory, Balan Wonderworld, Trials of Mana, and the PSX Final Fantasy titles (VII, VIII, and IX). Note: These are all for Switch (unless stated otherwise)
  • $40.19
    • Balan Wonderworld
    • Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
  • $24.99
    • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    • Oninaki
    • Trials of Mana
  • $19.99
    • Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy!
    • Collection of Mana
    • I Am Setsuna
    • Lost Sphear
    • World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA
    • Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS)
    • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)
  • $17.99
    • Collection of Saga Final Fantasy Legend
  • $14.99
    • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
    • Romancing SaGa 3
    • SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions
    • Spelunker Party!
  • Below $14.99
    • Romancing SaGa 2 - $12.49
    • Final Fantasy IX - $10.49
    • Star Ocean First Departure R - $10.49
    • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - $9.99
    • Final Fantasy VII - $7.99
What an extravaganza of a sale - Probably nobody expected Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory to be on sale that soon. Some pretty sweet discounts, too. The sale will be available on the Switch and 3DS eShop for their respective games and right on Nintendo's website

Author's Note: Mannn... I want to pick up Melody of Memory but I will probably go for a physical copy. The Final Fantasy PS1 games and Star Ocean 1 are definitely worth it for anyone who hasn't picked them up! Now the real question is when we'll get Star Ocean 2 on Switch. Any thoughts? We'd love to hear.

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Thumbnail: @Zerp
Social Media: @Zerp

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Think you meant Final Fantasy VIII Remastered there lmao

but I’ll also take this opportunity to shill Star Ocean First Departure R. Seriously underrated JRPG series, if you like the Tales series and/or sci fi you’ll love this JUST PLAY IT I BEG OF YOU 🥺

and yes to Star Ocean Second Evolution R on Switch. In fact PUT THE WHOLE ASS SERIES THERE I LOVE IT THAT MUCH AND WANT MORE PEEPS TO PLAY IT

Last edited:
From what I've seen, I wouldn't even play it if it were free. I think most of us already have games in our backlogs actually worth playing.

Top Bottom