• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squall Desynch from Ledge.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I always find the most random **** when I practice lmao.

When you grab the ledge with belay you can desynch but popo will act first not nana. If you grab the edge with squall you can squall desynch somehow and nana acts first from the ledge. This leaves a lot of good options getting back up after recovering with squall for example:

You know vinnies IB thing where you shoot an ib off the ledge onto the stage? Well if you squall onto the ledge first and do the same motions, popo will get on the stage and nana will shot an IB from the ledge onto the stage. This means you can grab people from the ledge with an IB approach lmao similar to doing any desynched IB approach where you follow closely to the IB. It will catch people off guard on the ledge though because well, you're on the ****ing ledge and to just pop up instantly with an IB to grab is kind of surprising.

Just found this haven't messed around with it more wanted to post before I forgot.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I wonder how it works

It sort of makes sense that it would work this way because of squall desync leading to a Nana action when done on stage.

I wonder what the range threshold is for this to work. How far can you be from the ledge when squall finishes before it stops working? I rarely end up squalling directly to the ledge (because I'm afraid of dying due to the non-latch lag time), but I do sometimes squall high against MK to avoid shuttle loop and then go back to the ledge for safety.

Although I do have some super mixups off the ledge with belay that nobody uses :) :) :)

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Do you have a vid?

What are these super mixups DeLux? I only know pRoll + nAttack + pPivotgrab/pUSmash/pBair.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Well a couple that I use in order of viability:

- Belay > P Standard Getup > Nana Getup Attack > Grab Setup (especially if the person is standing close to the ledge, works all the time lol)

- Belay > P ledge release > P Reversal IB onto stage / N Getup Attack > Grab Setup

- Belay > P Ledge Drop > P Double Jump / N Ledge Jump > P Blizzard > N Fair > P IB > Grab Setup

Top Bottom