• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squad Strike for competitive?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Just sayin...if you're worried about Bayo vs. Bayo matches at EVO, this would solve that problem...

infomon

Smash Scientist
Bayo/Cloud/Sheik vs Bayo/Cloud/Sheik. I mean I guess that's better.

Honestly I see it as a great side-event. What I don't like about single-player 3v3 is that it's just raising the skill floor for new players -- now you need 3 mains. Not many people have time for that.

Maybe it's a minor point but I think we've got to focus more on bringing casual and new players out to their first tournaments (and even for-fun local smashfests).

But who knows maybe Squad Strike will be featured heavily on the online play and thus become the casual standard. Which could then push us towards that mode for competition as well. Your move Sakurai

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
To fair, we don't 100% know how this mode will work.

Whether it works as a fighter per stock during a match or a rotation to different characters after a match...

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
They appear to just be a form of Crew Battles implemented into the game, which are already a competitive thing.

Top Bottom