• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, OH Presents: "The Showdown" (June 12th-13th)

fonzi21

Smash Ace
A one stock bracket match (where you started with a 50% advantage) is more important than a 3 stock friendly.
Not really. You won 1 stock. If you sandbag in friendlies that's your own fault. I can't play perfect every stock and I am bound to lose 1 here and there. but you had 3 to win in the friendly and I won. We can play more next time and you can make it a MM or whatever, but 1 stock is only 1 stock. Win the full 3 and then you can proclaim to the world you beat me.

I lose to people all the time. I'm not the best. Lee martin beat me in Ganon ditto's lol.
So let's just play more next time we see each other.

Also if you really want to go into detail, do you remember game 2 after you won the 2 v 1 we 4 stocked you on BF with the same characters and made you switch to MK on Norfair? We all switched characters then (**** jigglypuff!! lolz i got ***** on norfair)

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Errrrr...does someone know my account info or something..cuz..i def. didnt post 10 ignore or w.e the ***?

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I didnt post anything innapropriate lol thats a brand new post unless im like high and dont remember what i posted lol

fonzi21

Smash Ace
1: M2K - Good stuff, and don't forget your common sense. =D
2: Ally / - Gratz
3: ADHD - Gratz
4: Shugo / - Good stuff as always
5: Lain / - Gratz
6: Hunger The Cripple - Thanks for coming out glad to see you guys gratz on your placing
7: Blue Rogue - Good stuff in LT's was lots of fun
9: Judge / - Fun pools match
10: Krystedez - Good stuff fun LT's
10: Renagade - Ike/Ganon would have been fun as hell in LT doubles
10: Infern - Good ****
13: Count - I know we needed to play lol maybe next time
13: Ithrowthings - Ya anytime lets play some friendlies I need sonic exp
13: Overswarm - One day....
13: Fizzle / - Good stuff
17: Mr.E - Gratz
17: Sago - LT's was fun dude I really enjoyed those matches
17: DJIskabibble - Good stuff you had me figured out this time. Im ready for next time though
17: Grimace - Bowser hahahahaha good stuff dude always good to see you
17: AlphaZealot - Thanks for coming
17: Z - We are going to have that all day smashfest soon!
17: Champ / / - pew pew
25: The_Future / - Gratz
25: Y.b.M. / / - Bracket ****ed?
25: FatboySlim - Good to see you
25: Ori - Gratz
25: Boxxy / - good stuff, and I play MK because of Snake, (Snake is broken and needs to be banned =D)
25: Paranormal Sin - Stop playing Olimar
25: Braxton - Gratz
33: Soverign - More ganon ditto's next time! your improving everytime!
33: Juushichi / - Fun matches let's play more next time
33: F-air - Gratz
33: Kero - Gratz
33: Wakka - Come over to the house more
33: Sir J - Gratz
33: Luminoth / - Gratz
33: Gmss - GRatz
33: Moose / - Good to see you as always!
33: Links24 / - Gratz
33: Sil - we will get that MU figured out for you
33: Distort Love - gratz
33: Wafles - Good stuff really enjoyed our pools matches
33: Sorasin - gratz
33: Tyr - Always a pleasure =D
33: King - Gratz
49: Ralf Sesil - Gratz
49: Keen - Gratz
49: The Real Fatty - Gratz
49: Goddy - Good stuff
49: PeepRivers - Fun talking to you good luck with Shiek
49: The Smile - Good to see you again
49: Kiest / / - Next time we need to not split Livestream and recording it really hurt the quality
49: SlimJim - gratz
49: Radium - Tell Hylian I said Hi!
49: Solecalibur - good to see you
49: Top Gun - gratz
49: Crum - gratz
49: KingZero / - gratz
49: RougeBlades - gratz
49: DRDN - gratz
49: Luigi160 - Gratz

Thanks to everyone for coming. I hope they enjoyed themselves and will return to another Springfield Tournament. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed this tournament. Maybe here in the future we will hold another National, but it won't be for some time. I look forward to seeing everyone at more tournaments!!

TP

Smash Master
Not really. You won 1 stock. If you sandbag in friendlies that's your own fault. I can't play perfect every stock and I am bound to lose 1 here and there. but you had 3 to win in the friendly and I won. We can play more next time and you can make it a MM or whatever, but 1 stock is only 1 stock. Win the full 3 and then you can proclaim to the world you beat me.

I lose to people all the time. I'm not the best. Lee martin beat me in Ganon ditto's lol.
So let's just play more next time we see each other.

Also if you really want to go into detail, do you remember game 2 after you won the 2 v 1 we 4 stocked you on BF with the same characters and made you switch to MK on Norfair? We all switched characters then (**** jigglypuff!! lolz i got ***** on norfair)
I went MK last game so that you would too. Jiggs vs MK on Norfair is Thinkaman's favorite thing in the entire game, so I figured he would win us that game no matter what, which he did. At any rate, we definitely need to play more. We just don't have enough evidence one way or another. Also, I don't purposefully sandbag in friendlies, but I just can't play as well in them because my reaction time and tech skill are HORRIBLE until my heart rate picks up a ton like it does in tournament matches.

In conclusion, <3 you. You're legit as hell.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1: M2K :metaknight:- BUBBLE TORNADO

2: Ally :snake: / :metaknight:- You're pretty chill. I enjoyed our friendlies, hope to play more with you again. Would have been nice to beat your Snake =P

3: ADHD :diddy: - You took my taunting surprisingly well. You stumbling into the cincinnati hotel room and playing Scrabble with us was pretty surreal though.

4: Shugo :falco: / :metaknight: - I was planning on planking you at 0% in brackets :p

5: Lain :popo: / :metaknight: - Daylight savings tiiiiiiiiime. I had to wait two hours to play you and didn't get to warm up or eat in that time -_-;;

6: Hunger The Cripple :wario:- I wihs you guys lived closer, I'd like to see you at more events. Enjoy your Jonas Brothers puzzle. Take a picture and upload it if you finish it =P

7: Blue Rogue :wario:- We saw each other a lot but mostly just made random statements about nothing.

8: Nope :snake:- I generally have considered you a pretty easy win whenever I've played you in tournament. You were at the level riiiiight before I'd play people that could take me out of the tournament, but playing you at the Showdown was pretty crazy. I was playing really poorly and am out of practice, but even then I would have been able to beat the "old Nope". You were on your A-game that day and really improved a lot, all your old habits were eliminated. Keep it up and enjoy your much higher placements.

9: Judge :metaknight: / :wario:- Enjoy the recorder! You were the first person to lose to both M2K and Ally, so you get it XD. Hallelujah I'M ALIVE.

10: Krystedez :wario:- Don't get stuck in a rut! Evaluate your playstyle always and improve.

10: Renagade :snake:- Aren't you glad you entered singles now? No way I'm not gonna see you play. Hell, you placed higher than me! Keep it up, yo.

10: Infern :snake:- Teams with you was fun, we needed to work on a lot of things though. I needed to be closer so I could save you when you got in trouble, Snake is hard in doubles.

13: Count :diddy:
13: Ithrowthings :sonic:
13: Overswarm :metaknight:
13: Fizzle :dedede: / :metaknight:

^GJ to all you guys

17: Mr.E :rob:
17: Sago :metaknight: - Another of my favorite MW:W people. I find it amusing that practically every person from out of region is like "Man, I figured you'd be a complete **** but you aren't". Except ADHD, who will. Hahahahahahaha

17: DJIskabibble :metaknight: - You and Fizzle need to work on team chemistry. You're both good players individually, but have to focus on creating a playstyle that allows for your strengths to show.

17: Grimace :snake: - Great seeing you again! Your stare is frightening o_o

17: AlphaZealot :diddy: (plus dk) - we need to get good again, letting all these whipper snappers get confident. Stupid employment and girlfriends, right? **** our success!

17: Fonz :lucario: - Nope might end up taking the "least favorite from springfield to fight" title from you if he keeps playing the way he is! You need to find a way to approach MK somehow, no matter how silly it is.

17: Champ :falco: / :popo: / :metaknight: - pew pew?

25: The_Future :popo: / :metaknight: - Learn to control your drinking! :p

25: Y.b.M. :kirby2: / :dedede: / :zerosuitsamus: - Uhhhhhh huh. We need to all go to KIsland sometime soon.

25: FatboySlim :metaknight:- Close matches! I was nervous going in, I hadn't practiced MK dittos in a while. We both missed soooooooo many opportunities.

25: Capem :metaknight: - I haven't played you in forever, you know that?

33: Soverign :zerosuitsamus:- That powers thing could be fun, but they change all the time! XD

33: Tyr :lucas:- the anunaaaaaaaaaaakiiiiiiiiii

49: Keen- Keep working on that Peach! Maybe get a secondary for the MK matchup ;)

49: Kiest :dedede: / :kirby2: / :metaknight:- We need more classic game playing.

49: Radium :kirby2:- We rocked team Ganon! After we turned off their cheating no team attack, of course. Nice meeting you, we'll play scrabble again sometime, hopefully not with a drunk ADHD that doesn't believe 'bozo' is a word.

Crow- Good seeing you again too :D Glad you got in a ton of matches, Nope's tournaments are great for that.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I went MK last game so that you would too. Jiggs vs MK on Norfair is Thinkaman's favorite thing in the entire game, so I figured he would win us that game no matter what, which he did. At any rate, we definitely need to play more. We just don't have enough evidence one way or another. Also, I don't purposefully sandbag in friendlies, but I just can't play as well in them because my reaction time and tech skill are HORRIBLE until my heart rate picks up a ton like it does in tournament matches.

In conclusion, <3 you. You're legit as hell.
Agreed we need to play more, but you should learn to control increasing your heart rate. Like the movie wanted. There is always a difference between friendlies, MM';s, and tourney but I don't like it when people say or actually sandbag in any of them. Not saying you did, i'm just rambling my thoughts on people who sandbag or say they play bad. You played how you played that's how it is.

Also Just to reiterate my point I have beaten M2K at the end of a 2v2 when it came down to me and him last stocks about 70% a peice in the grand finals of doubles. I've beaten him once like that, but in no way am I better then him. So we just need to play more, and then we can decide. But you can fight Sov and DLA for best midwest Ganon. I don't main Ganon I just have fun with him.

and @Overswarm - Lucario can't approach MK, it's impossible.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Has Ganon taught you nothing? When you absolutely need an approach, just get in front of them and start dash dancing until they do something. :D
All lucarios do that. I just wait. He has no fast moves that can hit me hard so I don't even need to shield.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace

Brawl Singles Results: (70 Entrants)

1: M2K - Nice to finally talk to you and play you in melee, even though you destroyed me, it was to be expected xD
2: Ally - Grats on second, and a huge thank you for signing my tv :)
3: ADHD - only got to talk to you for a few, but very nice to meet you
4: Shugo - good **** in pools, i really shouldnt play oli vs falco but i knew you were gonna get the 2-0 anyway xD :)
5: Lain - Fun as always, good games im pool, was fun playing you again
6: Hunger - very nice to meet you, thank you for signing my tv as well, i wouldnt mind getting some games in with you mainly bc i suck at wario matchup
7: Blue Rogue - i need you to sign my tv :)
8: Nope - thanks for spotting me, ill have your money tomorrow :p
9: Judge - i wanted to play you in bracket but ended up losing to sago :(
10: Krystedez - thanks for signing my tv, ill have to play you sometime!
10: Renagade - i lold pretty hard when you asked me "why do you want me to sign your tv, im not good." good stuff ren, i want to play you next tourny we're at :)
10: Infern - we still need to mm, sorry i forgot until yesterday, but we'll get it in :p
13: Count - yes it was very nice talking to you again, you should come over to sfield more and wakka and i can teach you some melee
13: Ithrowthings - Awww but i wanted to play you, would have made it all that better to have come back this tourny
13: Overswarm - i sucked it up pretty hard in pools when it came to me just coming out of melee xD its ok, ill do way better next time
13: Fizzle - I kinda wish RNG didnt completely screw me on the games we played, more yellows vs IC's and the spike instead of the awkward hit with the purple on halberd. Its alright tho, you have a MM coming your way :p
17: Mr.E - I need to play your rob sometime soon
17: Sago - Very glad to meet you sago, youre a great and fun guy to be around, the purple was AWESOME!!!
17: DJIskabibble - i need to play you more often, maybe not as oli, but more often indeed
17: Grimace - Always nice to see you grimace, remind me next time we meet that you need to sign my tv
17: AlphaZealot - You did pretty good imo :p i need to come to more tournies in cbus
17: Fonz - stop being worse than twilightprince and ill stop playing olimar :3
17: Z - Great to play you again z, first game i did extremely well, just kinda wish i didnt choke away the other two games xD
17: Champ - CHAAAAAAAMP, i want to play ddr some time soon xD random i know, but for funsies
25: The_Future - i only heard of you through sil, but other than that, wouldnt mind playing you.
25: Y.b.M. - TWENTY FIFTH?!?!? WTF HAPPENED?! We deff need to play mroe often!
25: FatboySlim - cant say i remember you, sorry :(
25: Ori - dont think i met you, sorry if this is not the case
25: Capem - we placed the same, WTF happened to you?
25: Boxxy - dont think i played or met you either
25: Paranormal Sin - <--- this guy sucks so much that he should prolly never play this game again
25: Braxton - dont think i played or met you either
33: Soverign - i do remember seeing you on sunday and it was when you were playing SSF4 so i wasnt sure if you actually played brawl xD
33: Juushichi - thanks on the mario compliment, i kinda wish i was better in general, i mean, 18spikes doc and my mario are NO WHERE CLOSE in comparison.
33: F-air - sounds like a marth player but dont think i played or met you either
33: Kero - you were the other oli player, only wish i got to critique the way you play :p
33: Wakka - come up to sfield more often and get better! lol
33: Sir J - had fun playing you, dont know how much if any oli experience you truly have but hey, got to start somewhere right?
33: Luminoth - dont think i played or met you either
33: Gmss - dont think i played or met you either
33: Moose - MOOOOOOOOSE!!!!! like is aid earlier, you learned that matchup quite fast. the only thing i would change is me putting you into losers r1 :(
33: Links24 - dont think i played or met you either
33: Sil - stop playing roba nd just move on to MK already, sheesh, thats what OS did and look where he places now :D
33: Distort Love - dont think i played or met you either
33: Wafles - thanks for signing my tv, youre signature in particular made me chuckle quit a bit. I dont think taking me to FinalD was a great choice but even i kept messing up there :( great games from you for sure tho.
33: Sorasin - youre name resembles mine in a tiny manner but dont think i played or met you either
33: Tyr - good seeing you again tyr, you should keep playing tho, and if not playing, attending tournies is great too, always fun people there.
33: King - we need to do some friendlies or mm sometime, its been too long since i last played you.
49: Ralf Sesil - dont think i played or met you either
49: Keen - dont think i played or met you either
49: The Real Fatty - dont think i played or met you either
49: Goddy - dont think i played or met you either
49: PeepRivers - dont think i played or met you either
49: The Smile - dont think i played or met you either
49: Kiest - TH3 K132T!!!! theyre tots letters :p
49: SlimJim - dont think i played or met you either
49: Radium - dont think i played or met you either
49: Solecalibur - sole! i was looking forward to playing after such a long time out of the scene, ill just make sure to hit you up next time we're at the same tourny!
49: Top Gun - you didnt do terrible! keep putting time and effort into this game and the outcomes will be tremendous!
49: Crum - dont think i played or met you either
49: KingZero - dont think i played or met you either
49: RougeBlades - dont think i played or met you either
49: DRDN - dont think i played or met you either
49: Luigi160 - dont think i played or met you either

Melee Singles Results:

1: M2K - good stuff m2k, i want to play mroe melee vs you sometime soon!
2: Drephen - always good to see you, deff loved that luigi combo :)
3: Kels - I had soo much fun playing against you kels, im gonna have to keep my eye out for more tournies that i can possibly go to so i can play mkroe with you.
4: Cosmo - i cant say i remember playing you xD
5: BigD - Great games, i loved the Cpt Falcon dittos :)
6: EighteenSpikes - Thanks a TON for signing my tv, loved your doc, sorry there wasnt too many there for melee :\
7: Joe Bushman 2.0 ( Watty) - WAAAAATTTTYYYYYY, we need to play by the falcon punch rule mooe often, we'd have taken you two to game 3 :p
8: Juke - sorry, i really dont remember you :[
9: Sil - Placed the same! yaaaaaaaaaaaay
9: Mundungu - great games, i need to play more melee :)
9: Lain - We deff need to play more melee together sometime, its always fun playing friendlies with you
9: Paranormal Sin - sucks
13: Wakka - what happened!!!! you placed way low :p xD
13: Wafles - dont think we played melee but i kinda wish we did
13: EE - Had fun playing you, thanks for helping me with my tech as mario :p
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to anyone else that i missed that i played im incredibly sorry. i am very glad i got back into the tourny scene and im deff gonna stay around.
Thanks springfield, for being awesome as always
and as a reminder

I HAVE A GREEN WATER BOTTLE THAT WAS LEFT AT THE VENUE, IF THIS BELONGS TO YOU, PLEASE PM ME OR NOPE AND WE WILL FIGURE IT OUT FROM THERE.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
I have played one Oli other than you in Pools. They are good, so I didn't get to study it that much. Hahahaha
i usally dont give time to adjust to olimar in matches, but due to playing melee for more than half of saturday, it prolly made it a ton easier for our pool to have to put up with me (as an olimar main xD)

Sir_J

Smash Apprentice
i usally dont give time to adjust to olimar in matches, but due to playing melee for more than half of saturday, it prolly made it a ton easier for our pool to have to put up with me (as an olimar main xD)
Yeah, I was suprised I took off game one from you. You just wrecked me after that, hahaha. Maybe we can play some more if you ever some to MI, or I come back down to OH.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was suprised I look off game one from you. You just wrecked me after that, hahaha. Maybe we can play some more if you ever some to MI, or I come back down to OH.

if i ever travel OoS its with someone else so usually going places like that would be out of my grasp and up to others

TopGun

Smash Rookie
Had a great time in Springfield. This was my second Tourney for SSBB, and just Smash in general. It was great meeting a lot of you guys. Hope to take all of the things I have learned and make my character better. Nope, by the way Kriby goes next to my name in brackets.

M2K: Thanks for the help and thoughts on better ways to take on a MetaKnight. Great to be able to play you.

Forward Air: Great meeting you and your crew. Hopefully our crews can play together again some time.

Soverign: Yes I am the Green Kirby

Blindman: Good trys in the dead pool man, Sure we will see you and your crew again.

Radium88: Good work with Kirby you are quick with your grabs. Was Glad to see you made it into the brackets.

SirJ: Good playing man, you had a pretty good kirby. Looks like we both need to get better though.

Judge & Hunger: It was a good match (I thought) in 2 v 2. It was great meeting you guys and playing you both.

Kiest: Good job switching to MetaKnight. I had your DDD, I'm still not great against MK though. Nice playing you.

Keen: You had a pretty good Peach. We had a close match good job.

Everyone else that I didn't mention good job it's probably because I just forgot your name. Glad to have met everyone and can't wait to meet up again some time. I've been told there is some kind of Ohio Circuit, I'm excited to hear about that perhaps I'll see alot of you guys in that.

TopGun

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I HAVE A GREEN WATER BOTTLE THAT WAS LEFT AT THE VENUE, IF THIS BELONGS TO YOU, PLEASE PM ME OR NOPE AND WE WILL FIGURE IT OUT FROM THERE.

[/SIZE]
lol **** im preetty sure thats my girlfriends. is it gatorade brand if so then yea. ill ask her if she even wants it back cause w/e its a water bottle lol, but yea if so ill pm you

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Next week, I have 15 hours of saved Video's. The quality isnt amazing because we were splitting it between livestream and recording, but they will be up sometime in the next week or so.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Hmmm I guess splitting between 5 different screens is the limit.
(TV being played on, projector, recording station, commentator TV, and the Livestream)

I think I have a solution to this.... but we can discuss that in person.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Meta on Brinstar all day.

Someone seems to have misplaced their plain ol' white controller into my bag... ;p

Top Bottom