• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Prisoner 24601

Smash Rookie
Well, if you're gonna play Melee with us, we love you. And I meant what characters do you main? :o

Oh, Wretched is Sean, lol. We call him Wretched because its metal.

Added you on FB. I'll be the one named Terrence.
oh ok, i main kirby on brawl, i am cross between kirby and luigi on melee but when i start to get back into it i think i will try to learn samus or link.
I will meet you in person, confirm that you are not a spy, then add you on Facebook.

Also, super excited to hear about you switching to Melee. It's a far superior game, but the skill gap is immense so I hope you like a challenge.
I love a challenge, dont go easy on me, but i will suck for a bit lol. also, what do you mean by spy? whos michael?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm Michael.

And your choice of characters is bad. Pick whoever you want, but in Melee, Kirby is probably the worst character in the game. Link, Luigi, and Samus are all Low Mid Tier.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
And your choice of characters is bad. Pick whoever you want, but in Melee, Kirby is probably the worst character in the game. Link, Luigi, and Samus are all Low Mid Tier.
:mad: What about The Germ, or Eddy Mexico or Cyr?!? lolz, i know what you mean though. But someday I will meet you and MM you. Marth v Samus. Marth is my Achilles heel (along with Falcon, Shiek and G&W), but still, it's just $1... might be especially tough considering you were a former Samus main :urg:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'd be more interested if I had been playing actively in Brawl. I've hardly touched the game in half a year.

Also, Ziv, could you send me a random sample of .tio files for me to try on my code? I need to make sure stuff actually works before I open it up to small-scale tests and have to fix it as it crashes on other people, if there are any problems. Preferably ones from a wide date range, with single elimination, double elimination, and round robin all covered somewhere.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It's also Project M and Melee. Strongbad / Jace are in charge of that

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It's doubtful I'll be able to attend due to work and other things. More people for Melee = higher chance that I will be up to going.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Michael is now saying he probably can't go either. Honestly, my job is strict on day's off and they're bringing a lot of new people in, resulting in others getting fired. I think I should be there every day this month just for the sake of job security.

DeLux

I said I could run it as a side event if there was enough interest >_>

We didn't get enough interest to support melee until KC Melee decided to get involved on approximately September 7th. Without them I don't have the equipment to run a melee tournament. And I figured they'd be wanting to go to the MW Regional for melee the week after more or less.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
If I were to go, I'd probably go mostly for Brawl. I haven't played in way too long and what little was left of Springfield's Brawl scene all but disappeared after the Pathways tournaments were cancelled. I miss tournaments, though. We need to start trying to plan one for Springfield.

DeLux

Instead of blaming them, let's bail them out and come instead since there's two weeks before tournament :D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
kc melee went to FC because it's FC. there's not gonna be another one according to Kish, so the only tourneys they go to are SMYM.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Ziv, what's been going on with the player database thing? I sent you a few messages yesterday on the Facebooks but you didn't get back to me, so I wasn't sure if you got them.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Since between when I started writing that post and when the page reloaded after I submitted it.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Alright, that's cool. I just wasn't sure since you'd been posting here and there. Something I found weird about the elo algorithms is that they are actually, by specification, rounded after each event. There are a lot of weird things that change based on individual events, really. Is that the kind of trait we want to keep in our system, or should I go more toward considering each match its own isolated incident?

Top Bottom