• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terry

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure James said he won't be able to make it.

And a dollar buy-in would be sweet. I could have went Sheik and beat Terral easily last time but I didn't because Sheik is boring and dumb.

I just realized I might not be there tomorrow. I won't be free til about 1 or 2.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I enjoyed watching the grand finals of the Sunrise Brawl tournament between Vinnie and Rain.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Aww dang, that Pichu player who commented on that video where I used Pichu is at FC. I could have met him.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok so we did a tourney again at Romans on Tuesday. 8 man double elim bracket. Here are the results:
1. Zivilyn Bane
2. Yes!
3. Terry
4. Wretched
5. Zantetsu
5. Terral
7. DrewBear
7. Epic Falco Guy (winners bracket)/Tempest (losers bracket)

Yes! played extremely well, beat me 3-2 in Grand Finals set one, I beat him 3-1 Grand Finals set 2.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ok so we did a tourney again at Romans on Tuesday. 8 man double elim bracket. Here are the results:
1. Zivilyn Bane
2. Yes!
3. Terry
4. Wretched
5. Zantetsu
5. Terral
7. DrewBear
7. Epic Falco Guy (winners bracket)/Tempest (losers bracket)

Yes! played extremely well, beat me 3-2 in Grand Finals set one, I beat him 3-1 Grand Finals set 2.
Who does Yes! play? I don't like to see you losing to people that I haven't played and am unable to verify as to what I would quantify their "power level" is. Win everything Edes, or I shall be very displeased.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Yes! only uses Fox. I probably would have done better, but I was still shaking off rust, which isn't a problem I'm used to having.. and I had to play the two Fox mains.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Terral you lost to Wretched who is Falco.

G. Vice, I won't disappoint. Yes! is good though. He moved here from East Coast last year. He just has a really different play style and took me a couple of games to get used to.

Also today we smashed with new guy James for the first time. He was a little better than I was anticipating, but still has a lot of room to get better. I would say he's probably about Drews level. But with Drew planning on playing and shaking off rust, don't know how long that will last.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So I have become very discouraged when it comes to smash. I literally have been wanting to play all week, but no one here answers their phone, and when I come to find out why later- it's because of League of Legends.

That's all they do. If they take a break, it's for school/eating/sleeping then it's back to league. How's a man supposed to get any better at smash if he never gets to play?

I had been playing falco the week before FC when everyone was trying to knock the rust off and had made some progress. I was getting games off of VTS' IC's with Falco, which has NEVER happened before because he's wrecked my falco. But when I don't get to play I'll never get to actually improve.

Ya'll are lucky to have a scene that at least wants to play :(

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, Roman, I won't be able to make it.

G-Vice, that sucks, and I hope you know we all hate TMH just as much as you.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
TheMarchHare
WE WERE MAKING FUN OF HIS SLEEVES DURING THE STREAM.
I was wondering if you were talking about him.

I actually love that guy, he plays smash with me just about more than anyone else in Arkansas, besides his brother RavenKnight.

And I see them like once every 3 months.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm gonna need somebody to bring a power strip and an extra TV. Something happened to my powerstrip where it ****ed up my TV and it nearly ****s up anything else I plug into it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Come to me, G. Vice.
You guys are pretty fun to play. I wish I could come play with you and Michael more often, but I just got a really amazing job here in little rock so I don't have any plans of moving anytime soon, if ever really.

I'll have to try to come visit when our schedule's all align or something. Although I'm not sure where I would stay.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
G. Vice, I think Oklahoma is planning a Melee tourney. We will probably go, maybe you could talk your LoL friends in to going too?

Roman, I always have a power strip.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. Vice, I think Oklahoma is planning a Melee tourney. We will probably go, maybe you could talk your LoL friends in to going too?

Roman, I always have a power strip.
Or maybe I could just go up there with you fellas. What time and stuff? Ziv if me and you both attend, wanna team?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You're still sleeping teaming with another player. That's still pretty whorish.
How could you possibly deny us the hot, passionate lovin' team name Zivilyn Zane?

Changing up partners every once and a while is good for you sometimes ;)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
You guys can fight over me if you want :)

New Springfield smash vids being uploaded now. I'll link them here when they're up.
Zivilyn Bane (Marth) vs Zantetsu (Falcon) Friendlies 8/21
Zantetsu (Falcon/Fox/Sheik) vs Wretched (Falco) - Roman's House tournament 8/14
More to come tomorrow.

EDIT: Also Roman, here is a list of changes that need to be made to the first post. This should make it easy for you.
Remove Y.Link as a secondary for me, leave it just marth

Change Terrence to Falco/Fox/Sheik

Change your location to Springfield, MO

Change Yes! to Boliver, MO

Change Drew to Springfield, MO

Change Wretched to Falco

Change Sam to Springfield, MO

Remove Kami and Lawson

Add Domo (Ganon/Peach)

Remove the Brawl section altogether, but keep Robbie under the melee section. He plays enough still to stay (just doesn't play that much with us)

Remove all the recent tournaments on the list

Add

February 2012 Pathways
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317793&
Date of Tournament 2/25/12
Crew Members Who Went
Zivilyn Bane, Terry, Terral, Wretched, Tempest, Ugvts
Results
1: Arby
2: VTS
3: Strong Bad
4: Zivilyn Bane
5: Terry
5: King Siegfried
7: Terral
7: Wretched
9: Vista-mo
9: Seif
9: Fishburne
9: Yoshiman
13: -Tempest-
13: Gramps
13: Prof
13: Ugvts

May 2012 Pathways
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321563
Date of Tournament 5/26/12
Crew Members Who Went
Zivilyn Bane, Zantetsu, Terry, Terral, Ugvts
Results
1: Iori
2: Dart
3: ihavespaceballs
4: Jace
5: VTS
5: Myztek
7: Arby
7: G. Vice
9: Zivilyn Bane
9: Strong Bad
9: Tron
9: Zantetsu
13: Smooth
13: ACE
13: Cookiemonsta
13: The March Hare
17: Terral
17: poopydungman
17: Shinobi
17: Bert
17: Gaston
17: King Siegfried
17: Riio
17: Terry

Romans House
8/14/12
Results
1: Zivilyn Bane
2: Yes!
3: Terrence
4: Wretched
5: Zantetsu
5: Terral
7: DrewBear
7: Epic Falco Guy

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I thought most, if not all, of our friendly matches that we were going to record were going to be private anyway. The main purpose is to study our habits/mistakes and to get better, so why does anybody else have to see our improvement?

I like secrets.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yo
oklahoma tourney

can i get a ride

i'll team w/ roman if i get a ride

Top Bottom