• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Man: Springs Into Action - Spring Fans, Let's Fill the Spring Stands

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, at least Spring Man is pretty much a guarantee for Smash 6.
I'm kind of holding out for the next game anyway. Not a lot new in Ultimate so it's hard to really care too much (still fun with friends). If anything, with ARMS, more Xenoblade and new Nintendo series, the next one could have some solid newcomers.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think I can reasonably pick around 1/3 of the roster that I wouldn’t miss.

Like, I love Everyone is Here, but let’s not act like there aren’t a ton of redundancies.
But didn't people complain about the Ice Climbers getting cut?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This. They also complained about Mewtwo and Roy being cut from Brawl.

Now imagine 1/3 getting cut and multiple those complaints by multiple tens. We don't need any of that.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’ve Climbers are probably one of the least redundant characters in the roster.
This.

Now imagine 1/3 getting cut and multiple those complaints by multiple tens. We don't need any of that.
For the record, I don’t think we’ll get a third of the roster cut. The Switch can handle 74 characters, I’m sure whatever console Smash 6 is on will be able to do so as well. With more development time (something Ultimate was sorely lacking in), Smash 6 could theoretically bring everyone back and add a decent number of new characters and stages and modes.

Still, it seems pretty obvious that there will be cuts, both for third parties that can’t be renegotiated (mainly Cloud, methinks), and characters that few will miss.

Anyone who complains about cuts really should have seen it coming, every Smash game since Melee has had cuts, they’re a fact of life, and we’re used to them. If people expect no cuts to happen, they really don’t deserve to be pissed when they do.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I’d be ok with third party cuts but I’d hate to see a unique fighter be cut like ice climbers, mewtwo etc. But losing one of the small links would be ok I suppose

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
ARMS sold well, and chances are that we will get a sequel. So I wouldn’t say Spring Man is a lock, but he’s got another shot.

We wouldn’t mind more ARMS fans joining the movement, so spreading the word would be nice.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Spring Man is a lock, even I would bet we would get two ARMS newcomers in the next game easily.

Especially with a sequel on the horizon.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Two years ago Kosuke Yabuki said he was open to making a sequel to ARMS. If that's when he began working on the sequel, it should be ready eventually.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
It was really a surprise ARMS wasn't an addition along with Splatoon. Hope that NIntendo can redeem it in the future.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Is this all the support Spring Man has? How does he have so few supporters? Do people really hate ARMS this much?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Is this all the support Spring Man has? How does he have so few supporters? Do people really hate ARMS this much?
It's not, but for the longest time ARMS had one thread for all of its cast. That's where most of the supporters were active before Spring Man got AT'd at the last second.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Is it still being written by Ian Flynn? Because he's the guy to trust with comics based on video games.
Not sure. The article doesn't say but if Nintendo still cares about ARMS, then maybe Spring Man will be in Smash 6 or Vol. 2 if we're lucky.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
When Spring Man joins, his Classic Mode final boss could be navy blue Captain Falcon (stand in for Max Brass) followed by grey Kirby (stand in for Hedlok). The stage should also be the Omega version of Fourside as a stand in for Sky Arena.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure the reason the graphic novels project is still going on is because the publishers are committed to eventually putting them out, even though it's in development hell and the game's support has clearly stopped by now. Dark Horse are fairly independent from whatever the game divisions are doing anyway.

Is it still being written by Ian Flynn? Because he's the guy to trust with comics based on video games.
No idea, though his plate's full with IDW Sonic and Cosmo, so that might be what's holding it up.

Last edited:

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Say Spring Man is part of Vol. 2 and ARMS 2 releases this year, the non gameplay parts of Spring Man's Smash trailer could look like ARMS 2 gameplay and immediately after Spring Man's trailer there could be a trailer for ARMS 2 like how the Animal Crossing: New Horizon teaser trailer was shown right after Isabelle's trailer.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yes, I would like to have Spring Man as the second Mega Man rep! His stage is way too fun!

Nah of course I know who do you talk of. Of course I support!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I've never played Arms because online multiplayer isn't really my jam, but it looks like such a charming, happy, colorful game. I totally support Spring Man for Smash.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Spring Man's specials:

B: Dragon glove. It fires a laser.
B<>: Boomerang glove. It lifts opponents off the ground and makes them vulnerable while in the air.
B^: Spring Man punches the ground and recoils himself into the air.
Bv: Clapback glove. It reflects projectiles and repels opponents who run into it.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Would he have a Springtron alt? Also, who'd take over as the Arms assist trophy? Ribbon Girl? Min Min?

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Would he have a Springtron alt? Also, who'd take over as the Arms assist trophy? Ribbon Girl? Min Min?
Spring Man would still be an assist trophy and he would be a playable character too. Also Springtron and Ribbon Girl would both be alts for Spring Man.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
In Ultimate, maybe, but not in the next game. It'd be weird if they kept Spring Man playable but also kept the assist trophy.

Could Ribbon Girl really be an alt for Spring Man! Koopaul Koopaul insists she couldn't...

Koopaul

Smash Champion
In Ultimate, maybe, but not in the next game. It'd be weird if they kept Spring Man playable but also kept the assist trophy.

Could Ribbon Girl really be an alt for Spring Man! Koopaul Koopaul insists she couldn't...
No. They have completely different personalities and ways of animating. It would be like suggesting Daisy should just be an alt for Peach. She would lose all of her personality as a result. Spring Man is very spunky and sporty. Ribbon Girl is very graceful and cheery.

Also Ribbon Girl and Spring Man have signature abilities. Ribbon Girl can just multiple times in the air, Spring Man can reflect attacks.

I think Spring Man and Ribbon girl could be Echoes but never alts. None of the ARMS fighters should be alts... Well maybe Spring Man and Springtron.

Last edited:

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Say Ribbon Girl and Springtron are alts for Spring Man and Spring Man gets 7 alternate costumes, here's what they should be:
- Spring Man's yellow haired alt from ARMS.
- An alt for Spring Man that resembles Max Brass.
- Ribbon Girl.
- An alt for Ribbon Girl that resembles Twintelle.
- An alt for Ribbon Girl that resembles Min Min.
- An alt for Ribbon Girl that resembles Dr. Coyle.
- Springtron.

Spring Man gets 2 alternate costumes, Ribbon Girl gets 3 and Springtron gets none.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Anyone who suggests Ribbon Girl be an alt for Spring Man hasn't really played ARMS or doesn't know what an alt is.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who suggests Ribbon Girl be an alt for Spring Man hasn't really played ARMS or doesn't know what an alt is.
Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are about the same height and they have very similar idle animations so it makes sense if she's an alt for him and she doesn't have to quadruple jump or land quickly in Smash.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Plus Ribbon Girl's victory screens can be different from Spring Man's like how Inkling boy's victory screens are different from Inkling girl's.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
If Spring Man is in Vol. 2, he can use his assist trophy's model. It's just the right size he should be anyway.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If Spring Man is in Vol. 2, he can use his assist trophy's model. It's just the right size he should be anyway.
The size isn't the problem. AT models are deliberately lower quality than fighters.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Say Spring Man in Vol. 2 is an ad for ARMS 2, his pack could include him, Ribbon Girl and Springtron (Ribbon Girl and Springtron would alts for him) also Spring Stadium could get redesigned for ARMS 2 and the ARMS 2 version of Spring Stadium could be Spring Man's stage, he could have around 10 music tracks and his spirit board can have every ARMS character including Biff and Hedlok and a few of the ARMS 2 newcomers.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
I know why everyone abandoned ARMS. The gameplay is too simplistic and every character plays too similarly and as a result, many people got bored of the game. ARMS 2 needs to have complex gameplay unless we want it to suffer the same fate.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know why everyone abandoned ARMS. The gameplay is too simplistic and every character plays too similarly and as a result, many people got bored of the game. ARMS 2 needs to have complex gameplay unless we want it to suffer the same fate.
But wasn't the whole point of Arms to be a simplistic fighting game? Like how Splatoon is a simplistic shooter?

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
But wasn't the whole point of Arms to be a simplistic fighting game? Like how Splatoon is a simplistic shooter?
Splatoon has huge stages and levels to explore that are filled with enemies, items, hazards and obstacles so that makes up for the simplistic gameplay. ARMS has very small stages that have little to no hazards because it's a fighting game. If Street Fighter had very limited movesets and every character played very similarly, people would quickly get tired of it too.

Top Bottom