• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
But if you are going to be a bad egg, then admins and mods will have no choice but to ban you, no matter how much you beg about feeling lonely if they do so. This isn't like isolation at a max security prison either, there is real life and plenty of other outlets on the internet to vent out.
The problem I see as well is that you are suggesting blowing out the offense out of proportion in case you get caught just because "there is no turning back", which is a troubling prospect. It tells us that you don't care much about this place nor it's rules, because when you are punished for a lesser offense then you feel that you have to do something bigger to match the size of the punishment. Whether you feel compelled to act like this or not because of the system here seems like a poor excuse to evade individual responsibility for your own acts. Why? Because the idea with a system like this is not just about people not breaking the rules for fear of getting punished, but also about not doing so in consideration for others and to create a healthy environment that everyone can enjoy. Where I come from, rules are loosely enforced and in turn that creates a lot of people who are inconsiderate towards others because they know they'll rarely get caught for it. Where I live now, rules are more strictly protected, and despite this suggesting that the environment is more uptight it really isn't, it's rather easygoing and people are more considerate towards others not because of fear of the law but because they know that's how they would like to be treated as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But if you are going to be a bad egg, then admins and mods will have no choice but to ban you, no matter how much you beg about feeling lonely if they do so. This isn't like isolation at a max security prison either, there is real life and plenty of other outlets on the internet to vent out.
The problem I see as well is that you are suggesting blowing out the offense out of proportion in case you get caught just because "there is no turning back", which is a troubling prospect. It tells us that you don't care much about this place nor it's rules, because when you are punished for a lesser offense then you feel that you have to do something bigger to match the size of the punishment. Whether you feel compelled to act like this or not because of the system here seems like a poor excuse to evade individual responsibility for your own acts. Why? Because the idea with a system like this is not just about people not breaking the rules for fear of getting punished, but also about not doing so in consideration for others and to create a healthy environment that everyone can enjoy. Where I come from, rules are loosely enforced and in turn that creates a lot of people who are inconsiderate towards others because they know they'll rarely get caught for it. Where I live now, rules are more strictly protected, and despite this suggesting that the environment is more uptight it really isn't, it's rather easygoing and people are more considerate towards others not because of fear of the law but because they know that's how they would like to be treated as well.
I wasn't saying I would do it, but I was giving you some perspective on how other people see or may see it based upon a purely psychological analysis (disregarding whether or not it was right or even rational). I do agree that rules should exist and be enforced, however, I think that there needs to be a human element to balance the systematic element out. Something like "I see why you'd think that, but you can't go unpunished", or "You may not have known [which may or may not be true], so I'll go easy on you this time and give you [x points] (instead or [y points]). As opposed to;

---
"Dear [User],

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums for [Action] ([X] points, [X] days). If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

[Thread]
[Post]

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the [Global Rules].

If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit [Forum Support].

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,

the Smash World Forums staff"

---

Yeah, it's not a criminal offense to use the same auto-generated message over and over again, but rather than creating a feeling of "oh, I really messed up, sorry", it creates the feeling of "oh, here we go again". Sure, it doesn't make a difference on a surface level, however, it leaves lingering psychological effects on the affected party. The main problem with auto-generated messages of this caliber is that, while you may understand what you did on an intellectual level, you don't actually get to feel the weight of what you've done. It's the difference between saying "YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, 2 POINTS, 10 DAYS" and, "[User], what you said back there really offended me and was an act of trolling, it is okay to have opinions, but please be kind and respectful next time.", Then, if they don't stop, roll out the points on em' and bring down the hammer, because, then, as you said, you know that they don't care and are just trolling.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that it gives mods a bad name; rather than people seeing them as the representative of their forum, or community, they think "oh who's getting banned this time?" It breeds hostility towards the moderators and makes them seem like walking infraction machines. The thing though is that it's not fair to the mods, but it's understandable. There are good mods out there who are genuinely interested in the community and give people more chances, and I think they deserve appreciation for that, however, there's also the one's who just patrol threads seeking for someone to devour. Users need to work on being more mature, but Moderators also need to work on being more human too. I know that they have to enforce the rules above (presumably) all else, however, having that human counterbalance (as mentioned earlier), would make them much more likeable. When have you ever seen a mod PM you saying "That was a great post/thread you made", or "You think [X] could be top-tier and you had solid reasoning, but I think [this], let's talk about it, try to convince me". It's not making them seem weaker or exploitable, but it makes them seem like actual humans. People love being complimented or given honorable mentions by people of higher positions, so why not have a User Rewards/User Redemption System too?

These are just my thoughts on the matter, and stem from how my mind works, I see alot of potential in this site (and it's already surpassed what I could've ever previously expected). However, the good can become great, and the great, greater.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Pac-Man, is anyone else upset about the massive amounts of Retro Stages in this game? (Wii U and 3DS) I just don't find them very aesthetically appealing and think they're a missed opportunity.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of Pac-Man, is anyone else upset about the massive amounts of Retro Stages in this game? Wii U and 3DS? I just don't find them very aesthetically appealing and think they're a missed opportunity.
It depends, really. Balloon Fight and Pac-maze look fine to me, but that 3DS F-zero stage doesn't really look right. I'm 50/50 on Duck Hunt. Its 8-bit graphics have aged well, but its still 8-bit graphics behind high-quality character models. I like the window that shows the original Earthbound(or was that Mother? I haven't played those games) in Magicant, but not the Flying Man himself. And I don't think anyone likes the MS Paint stage, Pac-Land.

Game&Watch's animations just annoy me. Both the stage and the character. Though I can't bring myself to hate the character himself. I like what they were going for him.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I actually love the 3DS F-Zero stage. I play there a lot just to dunk my friends into the road, then hit them on the way back. The music is pretty good.
I didn't like Mushroom Kingdom 2 from Melee though, not much because of the aesthetics but for the music and the lack of space.

D

Deleted member

It depends, really. Balloon Fight and Pac-maze look fine to me, but that 3DS F-zero stage doesn't really look right. I'm 50/50 on Duck Hunt. Its 8-bit graphics have aged well, but its still 8-bit graphics behind high-quality character models. I like the window that shows the original Earthbound(or was that Mother? I haven't played those games) in Magicant, but not the Flying Man himself. And I don't think anyone likes the MS Paint stage, Pac-Land.

Game&Watch's animations just annoy me. Both the stage and the character. Though I can't bring myself to hate the character himself. I like what they were going for him.
As for Balloon Fight and Pac-Maze, I agree. I think that the stars in Balloon Fight's background are actually quite beautiful, and Pac-Maze looks very High-Quality (isn't the main platform a 3D-Model though?). As for Duck Hunt, I think it looks bad, especially when they showed it in 3D for the opening part of Duck Hunt's trailer, it just seemed like a real letdown when they seemingly pulled a 180 on it.
I hated the F-Zero stage, especially that annoying 8-bit siren sound at the beginning of the match
As for Magicant, I think we all hate Flying Man.
I agree with Pac-Land too. I feel a skilled enough MS-Painter might actually be able to do better than that.

Personally, regarding Game&Watch, I love his character, however, I do think that they should experiment with the character and give him a 3D model at least, and, if they want to maintain that classic feel, they could always go for the "jerky" approach to his animations like they did with Wario.
I actually love the 3DS F-Zero stage. I play there a lot just to dunk my friends into the road, then hit them on the way back. The music is pretty good.
I didn't like Mushroom Kingdom 2 from Melee though, not much because of the aesthetics but for the music and the lack of space.
I think that regarding Mushroom Kingdom 2, it had the potential to be one of the greatest stages, yet the seamless combination of hazards, platform-placement, and gimmicks made it one of the worst.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
As far as 3DS stages go, I just hate the inclusion of so many dark stages like Pac-Man's and 100m (or is it 75m?)
But my real issue is with the stages in the Wii U version that have sooo much activity in the background, particularly Umbra Clock Tower and Final Destination. The visual chaos is just too much for me :/

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
As far as 3DS stages go, I just hate the inclusion of so many dark stages like Pac-Man's and 100m (or is it 75m?)
But my real issue is with the stages in the Wii U version that have sooo much activity in the background, particularly Umbra Clock Tower and Final Destination. The visual chaos is just too much for me :/
Pretty sure the 3DS does not have 75m as a stage. Way too large. Closest thing is Balloon Fight.

D

Deleted member

I think my ultimate problem with the Smash 4 Wii U (and to an extent, 3DS) versions is that they lack any rain stages. Every stage just feels kinda the same without them, and I think rain would go good with some of the stages, like Onett, Battlefield (might take some reworking), Reset Bomb Forest, and could potentially be snuck into Smashville as a "time of day". I know they have hazordous rain that appears in the Normal vesion of Distant Planet for 10 seconds before disappearing for another minute, however, I'm talking about infinite (or at least consistent) rain.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
That's unfortunate. Reading his posts gave me the impression that he was younger than he let on. Ah well, rules are rules.
So how is everyone, this fine Friday morning? Any fun stories to tell? Myself, I love how so few people on For Glory don't realize that a projectile can only be reflected twice. Shattering Fox's reflector with a Shadow Ball will never not be satisfying.

In other game related news, one of my favorite StarCraft characters will be playable in Heroes of the Storm and Allied Commanders, so I'm super stoked:

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
That's unfortunate. Reading his posts gave me the impression that he was younger than he let on. Ah well, rules are rules.
So how is everyone, this fine Friday morning? Any fun stories to tell? Myself, I love how so few people on For Glory don't realize that a projectile can only be reflected twice. Shattering Fox's reflector with a Shadow Ball will never not be satisfying.

In other game related news, one of my favorite StarCraft characters will be playable in Heroes of the Storm and Allied Commanders, so I'm super stoked:
Actually, it is percent based apparently. Although SB can only be reflected twice. The threshold is 51%. Anything above that breaks most, if not all, reflectors.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
4uMwEyc.jpg

New XY Chapter just came out:

With the sudden appearance of Essentia & Zygarde, Lysandre reveals that his new tool is Essentia's main remote control. Changing the suit's configuration to max, he mocks Xerosic for having taken pity on the person inside and leaving it under a lower hypnosis setting. With Essentia and thus Zygarde under his complete control, he mocks X & Green.

It's at this moment Blaine (in HGSS attire) reappears, being the source behind Mewtwo's Mega Evolution. Still confident, Lysandre orders Zygarde to use Land's Wrath, causing a rock slide that heavily injures the trainers; weakening the bond between Blaine & Mewtwo. Having reverted back to it's original form, Mewtwo quickly switches it's Mega Stones out, turning into Mega X just in time to block a Crunch attack from Zygarde.

With Lysandre focusing his attention on the power struggle between the two Legendaries, X notices Essentia is a sitting duck. Ordering a Pin Missile from Chesnaught, he at last destroys her helmet and frees her. To his shock, Emma reveals herself as having been a willing pawn in Team Flare's plans. She states that she was aware of her actions while under hypnosis but was still willing to use to the suit as it gave her a sense of security and purpose, to X's disbelief.

Meanwhile, Diantha is able to escape from Malva's finishing blow thanks to placing her Gardevoir's Pokeball underneath her heels. She reaches for her Keystone next, only to discover that Talonflame was able to steal it from around her neck at the last second. Malva mocks her and attempts to flee through the air, with Gardevoir using it's psychic powers to give chase. Y, flying on her Fletchinder, notices the nearby battle and is able to knock the stolen Keystone out of Malva's hand; with it landing next to Green on the ground. Diantha declares that as the Pokemon Champion of Kalos that she will put Malva in her place...

Mewtwo vs. Deoxys, Darkrai, and now Zygarde. lol

I'll probably update this a little later once a better summary comes out. ORAS has already been fully translated and can be found on manga websites.

Sonicninja115

I am totally getting mods just for that. Depending on difficulty and what precautions I need to take.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Its a super simple process once you get the hang of it.

Just make sure to upload a few things then test to make sure each works before continuing.

I've had my game freeze multiple times because I made some odd mistake that I never would have solved if I had uploaded every mod at once.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Out of curiosity, how did he get banned?

By the ways, I've been having Mega fever lately. Downloaded Megaman X and X2 for the 3DS, I've also been replaying Megaman Zero Collection and Megaman ZX Advent, and while not a megaman game, I bought Gunvolt Azure Striker which is basically a successor of Megaman Zero and ZX, and have been having a blast with it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Out of curiosity, how did he get banned?

By the ways, I've been having Mega fever lately. Downloaded Megaman X and X2 for the 3DS, I've also been replaying Megaman Zero Collection and Megaman ZX Advent, and while not a megaman game, I bought Gunvolt Azure Striker which is basically a successor of Megaman Zero and ZX, and have been having a blast with it.
Methinks it was his gay bashing or something

That reminds me, the new Mega Man cartoon. I'm curious how it'll turn out, as I have faith in the company working on it

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Speaking of Capcom-related stuff, for any Monster Hunter fans, apparently Funimation is bringing the MH Stories anime over here.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Damn...
I wish I could get rid of the foreigner label that plagues me sometimes. I am doing my work fine but the people I work with have been indifferent to me as of late and it really frustrates how I haven't able to connect, yet everyone else there seems to be doing fine between them. Everyone but me is japanese, so there is feeling of exclusion that hangs upon my head every now and then. I honestly doubt they even think of me as a partner, which is pretty damn mortifying. I'm able to bond with clients fine but everything else is, well, uh. Went to a bar last night to throw out this negative feelings.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Damn...
I wish I could get rid of the foreigner label that plagues me sometimes. I am doing my work fine but the people I work with have been indifferent to me as of late and it really frustrates how I haven't able to connect, yet everyone else there seems to be doing fine between them. Everyone but me is japanese, so there is feeling of exclusion that hangs upon my head every now and then. I honestly doubt they even think of me as a partner, which is pretty damn mortifying. I'm able to bond with clients fine but everything else is, well, uh. Went to a bar last night to throw out this negative feelings.
*sends hugs*

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Last night I had a good time though. After leaving from work frustrated, I went straight to the local bar and by chance met one of my friends from New Zealand. She was with a group of her own friends, all of them japanese. She greeted me and then introduced me to everyone else, then they invited me to sit down and we had a good time talking together. They were very amicable which is a nice change of pace from some of the people of my work, we even had a lot of things in common like movies and stuff, they would even speak in english at times.

Sonicninja115

Last night I had a good time though. After leaving from work frustrated, I went straight to the local bar and by chance met one of my friends from New Zealand. She was with a group of her own friends, all of them japanese. She greeted me and then introduced me to everyone else, then they invited me to sit down and we had a good time talking together. They were very amicable which is a nice change of pace from some of the people of my work, we even had a lot of things in common like movies and stuff, they would even speak in english at times.
Glad things are looking up!

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
Nanobuds has released a short preview of armored mewtwo stating that the skins will be released soon
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Top Bottom