• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C3CC

Smash Lord
Not Mewtwo-related, but I felt like letting some things out...

My mom lost the battle with cancer... She passed away two days ago. It was Hodgkin's disease, apparently... I'm devastated...

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

My mom lost the battle with cancer... She passed away two days ago. It was Hodgkin's disease, apparently... I'm devastated...
I'm so sorry. My condolences...

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

...I'm sorry to hear that...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
...I'm sorry to hear that...
That's terrible to hear. My mother had breast cancer but pulled through. You should try hitting up the unhappy thread if you choose to talk about it more, there are some really caring people there.

Again, so sorry to hear.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
OMG, I just finished Pokemon Origin and that show is AMAZING. Wish they replaced the current show with it tbh... I just got annoyed with it when B/W came around and they said ash was still 12...

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
OMG, I just finished Pokemon Origin and that show is AMAZING. Wish they replaced the current show with it tbh... I just got annoyed with it when B/W came around and they said ash was still 12...
Actually when the anime series first started, Ash was 10 so the kid has aged, just not a lot though.

Sonicninja115

Actually when the anime series first started, Ash was 10 so the kid has aged, just not a lot though.
It was that and the fact that Pikachu got destroyed by a level 5 snivy... The same pikachu that has gone nearly toe-to-toe wih legendaries...

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
At this point, I think Ash has long since worn out his welcome. Hell, I for one preferred the specials when Alain was the main character.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
At this point, I think Ash has long since worn out his welcome. Hell, I for one preferred the specials when Alain was the main character.
From the screens and previews I've watched, Pokemon Origins looks so much better and so dang accurate to the games, that I refuse to watch the regular pokemon show due to sheer drop in quality.

Why can't we get more Pokemon Origins? Why?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
From the screens and previews I've watched, Pokemon Origins looks so much better and so dang accurate to the games, that I refuse to watch the regular pokemon show due to sheer drop in quality.

Why can't we get more Pokemon Origins? Why?
The Pokemon Origins production team has been working with the Pokemon XYZ anime. The quality of the show has drastically improved, it's worth another chance.

:150:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Holy. ****.

A new batch of news for Pokemon Sun & Moon has been revealed. And it's pretty crazy. First, Z-moves were confirmed which are the much rumored super moves. But the weirdest thing is Alola forms, something even crazier than mega evolution. It basically alters the appearance, ability and typing of a Pokemon. For example, Exeggutor becomes Grass/Dragon while the Ninetales line become Fairy/Ice. Here are some pics:

As you might guess, this is the Sandslash line. It is typed Ice/Steel.
Exeggutor
And Ninetales.

It's so weird, and I love it. Here is the link for the video

Sonicninja115

aaaa... They are clearly scratching the bottom of the barrel for ideas (sarcasm) I haven't been more excited for a new pokemon game since HG.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
You know, Alola Forms actually remind me of a similar idea, except mine was more centered around subspecies.

....Yeah. Too much Monster Hunter for me, lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Copy/Pasting my thoughts from elsewhere.

Dragon Exeggutor freaks me out. Keep that thing away from me.
Ice Vulpix and Ninetails are alright, but I prefer their fire forms.
Ice Sandshrew and Sandslash are pretty cool though.

Oricorio seems like a cute novelty. I probably won’t use it, but I kind of like the fire form I guess.
I’m not fond of Minior’s design, but I think its ability is cool. I also like how its core comes in four different colors, and you can’t see which one it is until its shield is down.
Gumshoos is a step up from Yungoose, but I’m still not terribly fond of it.
Fomantis made me think of Petilil. Lurantis looks like it should be Grass/Bug or Grass/Fairy, although I guess it’s a blessing that it doesn’t have that horrible Grass/Bug typing.
Mudbray is ugly, but I like its evolution, so I still may end up with one on my team.

Ride pokemon look a lot faster than they were in XY, thank goodness for that. Also you can fly on Charizard, which is awesome. Flying on Latios and Latias was fun in ORAS, but the sky was so empty for it to be anything more than a simple novelty.

Totem Pokemon seem like an interesting new addition. I hope they’re harder than wild legendaries and the like, though. It doesn’t matter if they’re strong if they just use randomized moves like other wild Pokemon.

Now that they’ve revealed more about Z-moves, I hope people can finally shut up about pokemon fusion or whatever the anime called it. Ash Greninja freaks me out almost as much as Dragon Exeggutor.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I wonder if Ash-Greninja is an Alola form of sorts. But since that form appeared in Kalos, it wouldn't make sense.
By the way, I see a lot of potential in Oricorio's ability, Dancer, in doubles. Partner it with someone that knows Swords Dance, Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance and since those three moves see plenty of usage it will also make your opponent think twice before using one of those.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It looks like I have a lot of Pokémon news to catch up on, but not enough time.

How's Mewtwo doing in the Smash scene?

I wish I wasn't gone during the time they had the shiny Mewtwo event along with the shiny Kalos legendaries...

Sonicninja115

It looks like I have a lot of Pokémon news to catch up on, but not enough time.

How's Mewtwo doing in the Smash scene?

I wish I wasn't gone during the time they had the shiny Mewtwo event along with the shiny Kalos legendaries...
Mewtwo's considered top 10. Abadango got 5th at Evo,, Rich got 17th. Aba also got first at PPT, beating most of Europes best players. Pretty good. Don't ask the CCI thread though. They firmly believe he is broken.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Mewtwo's considered top 10. Abadango got 5th at Evo,, Rich got 17th. Aba also got first at PPT, beating most of Europes best players. Pretty good. Don't ask the CCI thread though. They firmly believe he is broken.
Top 10.....

You know I was always like... one day it may happen. It finally has!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Pokemon Origins production team has been working with the Pokemon XYZ anime. The quality of the show has drastically improved, it's worth another chance.

Too bad that that episode has not aired in North America yet. If I recall correctly, the next North American episode will be the one where Ash's Greninja battles Diantha's Gardevoir.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

I've been watching the XYZ anime as of late and it got me hooked. I stopped watching the pokemon anime right after Hoenn started but this has kept my attention. The league has been interesting so far with Ash being a finalist and there is also the buildup to the confrontation against Team Magma and Zygarde.
Pokemon actually has the potential to be a good anime as shown with Origins and the mega evolution acts.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Not really. The person who went off on you was the exception not the rule. Most of them are sensible.

Sonicninja115

Not really. The person who went off on you was the exception not the rule. Most of them are sensible.
I am not too annoyed about that. I won the argument and proved my point, but he had better wordage and "Sense". His argument was that Dtilt at it's base was far too safe. I proved that quite a few moves could counter it. Also, I find it hilarious that he doesn't know why his own main is at an advantage with pellets even though it is -1 on shield.

Kuro also gets upset over Mewtwo. But I think that is because of Fair frame data, him playing bowser and Abadango at Bam8.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Anyone here really good against pacman?
I played him for a while and beat one in tournament last week on DH.

Take his fruit, run away, throw SBs, laugh maniacally.

He wants to launch hydrant? Throw it back at him. He wants to approach? Dtilt away. His aerials are complete garbage other than Nair and Bair which are easily beaten by spaced Fairs.

Don't play Pacman's game and it shouldn't be any challenge for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I played him for a while and beat one in tournament last week on DH.

Take his fruit, run away, throw SBs, laugh maniacally.

He wants to launch hydrant? Throw it back at him. He wants to approach? Dtilt away. His aerials are complete garbage other than Nair and Bair which are easily beaten by spaced Fairs.

Don't play Pacman's game and it shouldn't be any challenge for Mewtwo.
Isn't PAC-MAN's d-air also manageable? It's not too different from Peach's d-air, though you can't make PAC-MAN levitate.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Isn't PAC-MAN's d-air also manageable? It's not too different from Peach's d-air, though you can't make PAC-MAN levitate.
Possibly? I get what you are saying but Peach's is still better by a good margin. She can immediately act out of her dair with a nair or landing for the grab. The attack also can be a combo starter for her and PAC-MAN isn't getting anything off of dair. Pac's doesn't link super well, doesn't give good shield pressure....I honestly can't think of a reason to ever even use the move. At least Fair can get some combos going and can be useful edgeguarding if the opponent lost their jump.

I personally never used PAC-MAN's dair more than maybe 10 times in a month of maining him, so my knowledge of the move may be completely worthless. I've never seen a Pac make use of the move either though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Possibly? I get what you are saying but Peach's is still better by a good margin. She can immediately act out of her dair with a nair or landing for the grab. The attack also can be a combo starter for her and PAC-MAN isn't getting anything off of dair. Pac's doesn't link super well, doesn't give good shield pressure....I honestly can't think of a reason to ever even use the move. At least Fair can get some combos going and can be useful edgeguarding if the opponent lost their jump.

I personally never used PAC-MAN's dair more than maybe 10 times in a month of maining him, so my knowledge of the move may be completely worthless. I've never seen a Pac make use of the move either though.
I guess what I mean is that each one of PAC-MAN's d-air hits strike too quick for most fighters to try to shield-grab, much like with Peach's d-air.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I guess what I mean is that each one of PAC-MAN's d-air hits strike too quick for most fighters to try to shield-grab, much like with Peach's d-air.
But Pac's is more punishable than Peach's. She can immediately throw out a Nair while Pac is stuck in lag. A good player would know when to drop shield in both situations.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But Pac's is more punishable than Peach's. She can immediately throw out a Nair while Pac is stuck in lag. A good player would know when to drop shield in both situations.
Even Peach risks getting shield-grabbed if the opponent expects the n-air to come, and blocks it.

Sonicninja115

Even Peach risks getting shield-grabbed if the opponent expects the n-air to come, and blocks it.
Depends on the peach crossing-up or not. Also, couldn't Pac-man do a SH Dair and get a nair out before landing? And if the opponent expects the Nair, then Peach can FF Grab. It is a pretty good mix-up. If the opponent expects the grab, then Peach can Nair or just Dair again to beat the spotdodge. Peach has a ton of mix-ups after a Dair, while I think Pac-man is kinda limited.

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
CCI thread? what's that? also I just wanted to spark some conversation and say that if mewtwo had the tools his pm incarnate has (hovering and acting out of teleport) where would he be placed?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Man, what I wouldn't give for Mewtwo to be able to act out of teleport... and a bit more weight.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Man, what I wouldn't give for Mewtwo to be able to act out of teleport... and a bit more weight.
A character that would get caught in the back alley of the development team and receive a severe beating with nerf bats?

Or you can see how disgusting Mewtwo would be acting out of teleport yourself:

https://youtu.be/BqcxHSqSn9A

And that's Melee Mewtwo

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
A character that would get caught in the back alley of the development team and receive a severe beating with nerf bats?

Or you can see how disgusting Mewtwo would be acting out of teleport yourself:

https://youtu.be/BqcxHSqSn9A

And that's Melee Mewtwo
Yeah, but that's with Melee mechanics too. But hey, it would be cool. He's still too light from a lore perspective.

Top Bottom