• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
ATM I'm doing pp, drilling follow-ups and I might start trying to lc. Ledge canceling is probably one of the main things I want to learn to finish off my movement options. I haven't even attempted the footstool combos I'm still trying to get rar nair down lol.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Reviews are nice as they give credit to the guide. The more reviews it has, 4 star and up, the better the guide is seen by the general community. If you do write a review, please give an honest opinion and make sure to mark down for slights. Even if it something like depth or a topic you think should be covered.

No need to find there exact place, but do you know what section they are in?

I will always respond unless I don't feel qualified to answer. The point of my guide is to help people get better, even if they don't play Mewtwo. It would be silly for my viewpoint on other SB stuff to be different. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and I watch the Q&A thread so I always see the questions that come up.
I'll give you a well thought out review soonish. Next few days to a week maybe.

If I recall correctly one was towards the end of the guide. I think it was in one of the AT's descriptions. The other was closer to the beginning. If I find them later I'll send you a message. Its a lot of reading for right now. :laugh:

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Certainly groan inducing indeed... I didn't even bother to continue reading after the 7th or so comment.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
For some reason the discord is convinced it doesn't work... My thread worked too well...

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I didn't even bother going into the comments. I'm sure people were going as far as to say Mewtwo was broken. The opinions of the (I hate this word but I'll say it anyway) scrubs of youtube shouldn't matter at all.

We, and the atleast decent competitive players, know Mewtwo is a solid character but has clear flaws.

Youtube be like "**** this character, he's fast, has a reflector, kills early, and now has an infinite!" I miss "He sucks because he is light," at this point.

Last edited:

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
DJC Disable is extremely easy with the right controller set-up. Make sure you jump with Y, and set you L/R button to special (whichever one you don't use)

Now just tap Y 3 times fast and slightly after your third press, push both down and the trigger you mapped to special. You'll get it 100% of the time, no effort required.

The only tricky part of the Abadango combo is the damn nair fast-fall timing... I feel like against some characters it's easy to do consistently (Sheik, ZSS, Cloud) but against others it's super annoying (Toon Link comes to mind.) Anyone know the exact timing for all characters?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I didn't even bother going into the comments. I'm sure people were going as far as to say Mewtwo was broken. The opinions of the (I hate this word but I'll say it anyway) scrubs of youtube shouldn't matter at all.

We, and the atleast decent competitive players, know Mewtwo is a solid character but has clear flaws.

Youtube be like "**** this character, he's fast, has a reflector, kills early, and now has an infinite!" I miss "He sucks because he is light," at this point.
I made the mistake of reading through the comments section and 99% of them wanted a nerf. Sometimes reading YouTube comments can be the most painful thing ever... :glare:

Sonicninja115

IDC about doing an infinite on people, I'm more concerned about learning this as a kill confirm at 80
I watched the video and learned that my method is LITERALLY too slow. So much for my 50% success rate...

The infinite doesn't work well, I recently heard about a new method that really hurts it. I need to lab it a lot, but for now, it seems that there are too many options. Still go for the single thing though, and if all else fails Dtilt will still lead to a kill combo at 40%.

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
I'm very concerned that this might lead to a 1.1.7 where we lose footstool disable or worse, nair as a combo tool. Both would be really big blows for the character.

It's not actually that good, but there is so much outcry about it -_-

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Maybe if Nintendo sees it as a problem, they'll make the smart choice for once and alter footstools rather than some arbitrary move. Custom :4falcon:,:4mewtwo::4peach::4zss: on :4robinm: all used footstools. Peach supposedly still has 2 for crying out loud even though they nerfed uair.

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
They shouldn't nerf the footstool combos, they give this game some much needed executional depth.

I pray if they nerf this, they do it by adding a cooldown to disable

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

They shouldn't nerf the footstool combos, they give this game some much needed executional depth.

I pray if they nerf this, they do it by adding a cooldown to disable
That is the smartest move and the most likely. Plus, it is rather easy and doesn't affect his game.

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
Yep. I'm pretty sure that in his current state (not counting the infinite), Mewtwo is top tier. I think he'd still be high tier if he lost footstool/disable but kept his current Nair (which is so nasty for catching airdodge, shield poking, and comboing)

Character's combo game is gross. People just don't know it yet. When Aba learns optimal punishes it's gonna be sick.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Hello, guys and gals! It's been a while since I've posted here. As everyone knows, Pokemon Sun and Moon are coming out this year; I'll probably end up buying one of them at the end. You know, a personal wish of mine is that bring something akin to the Pokemon World Tournament from B2/W2 into those games. The PWT was to me a great example of fanservice with it allowing you to face the Gym leaders and Champions from all previous Pokemon games, accompanied with their respective battle themes as well It really brought me joy to be able to hear that amazing music once more and that is part of the reason why I think B2/W2's soundtrack is the best to date. I wish they would something similar in Sun and Moon, but it's probably not going to happen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I really hate it when Game Freak doesn't retain ideas introduced in the games beyond battle mechanics. It's kind of ridiculous that we weren't sure that trainer customization would return or not.

Also no Pulseman/Drill Dozer sequels yet. :3

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, very nice!

I'm a pianist myself actually (Though I mostly play classical music and don't really improvise/arrange like this -- certainly not by ear in 10 seconds...), I wonder how many smash fans are into piano. Rich is pretty good =p.

Last edited:
Hahaha, very nice!

I'm a pianist myself actually (Though I mostly play classical music and don't really improvise/arrange like this -- certainly not by ear in 10 seconds...), I wonder how many smash fans are into piano. Rich is pretty good =p.
YEE

Just loving how Low Tier City gets more attention that Apex. I mean, it's APEX. Come on.
So... how's top tier status been treating you?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Saw an article recently about 90s stuff. Ticked me off when the author included the title "You know there are only 150 real pokemon"; first time I've seen that phrase in years since it appeared that the ignorance was dying down by now. This really pushes my buttons since this is mostly a claim done by people who haven't bothered in playing the games after red/blue and checking the new pokemon, as well as wanting to pretend that each gen I pokemon is somehow a holy grail for great design. What's funny as well as hypocritical is that on Gen I, GF originally intended to have 190 pokemon instead of a 151, and those pokemon who didn't make it into the first games debuted in Gold/Silver instead such as Sneasel, Heracross, Ho-oh, etc. So basically what's stopping these idiots from not hating those newer pokemon is something as trivial as the developers not having enough time or cartridge space to include them in the original games.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Saw an article recently about 90s stuff. Ticked me off when the author included the title "You know there are only 150 real pokemon"; first time I've seen that phrase in years since it appeared that the ignorance was dying down by now. This really pushes my buttons since this is mostly a claim done by people who haven't bothered in playing the games after red/blue and checking the new pokemon, as well as wanting to pretend that each gen I pokemon is somehow a holy grail for great design. What's funny as well as hypocritical is that on Gen I, GF originally intended to have 190 pokemon instead of a 151, and those pokemon who didn't make it into the first games debuted in Gold/Silver instead such as Sneasel, Heracross, Ho-oh, etc. So basically what's stopping these idiots from not hating those newer pokemon is something as trivial as the developers not having enough time or cartridge space to include them in the original games.
I prefer not to get into all of that but by far gen 1 had the most lazy designs. Including just multiplying the base Pokemon, a poke ball and an upside down pokeball. Among more

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Funny thing is, the original Gameboy could use up to 8k, which the original Gen 1 games used just under half of. I'm guessing a lot was cut given all the glitches, the original 1995 release date, etc.

Speaking of Gen 1 though, I've been seeing a lot of independent reproductions go up on eBay for Pokemon Yellow NES recently. I beat a copy I got a few months ago and would highly recommend giving it a playthrough.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Funny thing is, the original Gameboy could use up to 8k, which the original Gen 1 games used just under half of. I'm guessing a lot was cut given all the glitches, the original 1995 release date, etc.

Speaking of Gen 1 though, I've been seeing a lot of independent reproductions go up on eBay for Pokemon Yellow NES recently. I beat a copy I got a few months ago and would highly recommend giving it a playthrough.

I probably will if its on the 3ds...I'm not sure if it is.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Hiya Mewtwo mains! I am thinking about getting back into Mewtwo for my secondary. Do you guys know where the Mewtwo discord is? :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New XY Chapter is out. Looks like it beat the anime by 2 days to it's own gimmick. :006:

Previous Chapter: Xerosic's Malamar finally lands a Hyponsis on Y's Greninja, allowing it to start attacking the still awake X & Charmeleon. X's Quilladin tries to protect the two, and evolves into Chesnaught in the process.

Everyone slowly starts to wake up due to the battle going on, while X realizes his Charmeleon has been holding it's tail the entire saga because it's felt unworthy of being able to Mega Evolve (hiding it's Mega Stone inside the tail flame). With Chesnaught sacrificing itself, however, Charmeleon decides to finally step up and battle as the remaining Team Flare admins show up to help.

New Chapter: Xerosic sends his entire team to attack Charmeleon, who finally evolves, with Green's Charizard coming to the rescue. Y awakens her Greninja to rejoin the battle.

The two Charizards double Mega Evolve (X for X, Y for Green) and easily defeat Xerosic and head to the rescue of Tierno/Trevor who have their hands full with the admins (who are also defeated). Suddenly an Oblivion Wing beam swipes across the area, with Xerneas ordering Y to send it after Yvetal.

Meanwhile on Route 10, we learn that Shauna's Furfrou, which disappeared a few chapters ago has been captured, alongside several dozen wild Pokemon, and tied by Malva's Delfox to the old Absorbers and are ready to be sacrificed to continue powering the Ultimate Weapon (since the new Absorber TF created was destroyed by Xerneas).

Also we see Emma trying to fight back against her Essentia persona in a battle of wills.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You know, a lot of people seem to be complaining that Solgaleo's typing doesn't make any sense, but that's not true. Solgaleo is "the beast that devours the sun," not a symbol of the sun itself. In ancient alchemy, the idea of a lion devouring the sun refers to a metal absorbing gold in order to purify it. So that's why it's a Steel-type. The Psychic part can be attributed to being an astral being.

Sonicninja115

The smash dojo doesn't have any good M2 stuff besides the not-so-infinite and some unreliable vines... Plus, their application methods are annoying... Giving up....

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So I finally got the Discord app but I can't find room descriptions for the Mewtwo discord.

I see so many rooms and don't know what any of the rooms mean besides the obvious ones like "music" and "battle recorder"

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I've had a long break from Smash (at least two months now) due to circumstances, but just wondering if anybody is going to Evo? It'll be the first time for me this year.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I recommend getting discord Metros Metros . It is actually active and has more useful information for us than Smashboards does.

Top Bottom