• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Hello all.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been in a huge main crisis ever since I dropped Mewtwo. Hopefully I'll get past it soon.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What volume/mangas is this from? If I can find it tomorrow I'll buy it.
You'd have to do some importing as it's from one of those monthly manga magazines in Japan. You can check out Serebii's forum for a basic summary + pictures. Not much this chapter beyond a "certain" Smash character making their manga debut.

At least there are some more pictures from the upcoming Volume 53, which still has not been given a release date. Also news that the author & artist will be having their first ever US panel presentation at SD Comic Con this year.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
When did I give you any flak? Character is really good yes but ivory towers are also a problem and this mentality is pretty poor IMO, really sorry. Denying what is partially true (Ally LITERALLY said afterwards that he didn't know how to get in and that changed how he played significantly IIRC) doesn't make it any less true.

I'm not remotely saying the character isn't good but to say that people were even prepared for a Mewtwo that played the way Abadango did (which you'll note is VERY DIFFERENT than a lot of the other ones I've seen) is like, not a statement I can just say "yeah" to. His consistency with teleport alongside his amazing use of Nair (a really underrated move before he showed people why it's amazing) among other things stood out.
Just a note, he got punished for using SH Nair almost 50% of the time.

It makes sense that Ally didn't know the MU. Among everyone he fought, Ally got the most rolled over. K9sBruce did well against Aba, not super well but he brought it to last hit in game two. Marss should have known the MU, as he has attended many tournaments that Blue has gone too, so if he didn't have some experience, shame on him. Most top players were preparing to fight Mewtwo's, as they saw Esam almost lose to one, Nairo actually got taken out by Blue, however Nairo went super saiyan the next round. And then seeing all the buffs that Mewtwo was receiving, everyone knew he was good enough that MU experience was needed. Plus, does Ally actually practice any MU? Apparently he didn't touch the game for a full month, so I don't know how much he actually practices.

Basically, it is dumb to say that Aba only won because no one knew how to handle Mewtwo. Especially since both K9 and Void had MU knowledge, and Marss probably had a lot as well. It was a mix of top player skill, Character strength, and originality of the character.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Basically, it is dumb to say that Aba only won because no one knew how to handle Mewtwo. Especially since both K9 and Void had MU knowledge, and Marss probably had a lot as well. It was a mix of top player skill, Character strength, and originality of the character.
And I personally think it's a bit much to say that people were fully prepared for Abadango's Mewtwo. Not just the character Mewtwo, but the way he PLAYED Mewtwo (let's call it originality). The fact that the character is capable of that, I think, is what defines a good character, versatility. Also no people generally still thought poorly of Mewtwo compared to the general consensus now, he was legal in that low tiers tournament for some reason. I doubt that's ever happening again.

Like, obviously it was the character's strengths (if he had just played with some weird low tier he'd probably have gotten far-ish but knocked out) but to claim that people were totally ready for the guy I think is equally misguided. He caught everyone off guard and by the time they adapted in setplay it was too late and he just outplayed them anyways. He blindsided like everyone and was the total dark horse. Yes it was awesome but now people are much more aware of this character so prepare to see people actually invest serious lab time into counterplay, like legit serious lab time. At least, I sure hope they do lol, they'll get tossed for free if they don't.

Also Ally totally had no idea about the matchup at all haha, I'm glad you at least talked about that. I felt kinda bad watching that.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
And I personally think it's a bit much to say that people were fully prepared for Abadango's Mewtwo. Not just the character Mewtwo, but the way he PLAYED Mewtwo (let's call it originality). The fact that the character is capable of that, I think, is what defines a good character, versatility. Also no people generally still thought poorly of Mewtwo compared to the general consensus now, he was legal in that low tiers tournament for some reason. I doubt that's ever happening again.

Like, obviously it was the character's strengths (if he had just played with some weird low tier he'd probably have gotten far-ish but knocked out) but to claim that people were totally ready for the guy I think is equally misguided. He caught everyone off guard and by the time they adapted in setplay it was too late and he just outplayed them anyways. He blindsided like everyone and was the total dark horse. Yes it was awesome but now people are much more aware of this character so prepare to see people actually invest serious lab time into counterplay, like legit serious lab time. At least, I sure hope they do lol, they'll get tossed for free if they don't.

Also Ally totally had no idea about the matchup at all haha, I'm glad you at least talked about that. I felt kinda bad watching that.
Well, there is always Midwest Mayhem. I forget exactly who is going to be there, but both Aba and RichBrown are attending. If we see a Mewtwo ditto I will probably cry.

Getting back my notifications. They go away too fast!
Mewtwo is #14 on my list, with ROB in #15. I used a basic A-B-C-D layot, with each tier having about 14 characters. So Mewtwo is the bottom of "top tier", which is pretty fitting seing that this attention is pretty new.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd add Charizard to that list but...no one uses him to prove if his buffs mean anything. He's another heavy like DK and Bowser who can get both damage and kos off of grabs and yet...no one uses him. Heck, maybe Zelda is similar and perhaps Roy too.
i cri evrytiem.
Nah seriously, Zard needs more love. His aerial are so much better after the buffs. But unfortunately, the only Zards I ever face on For Glory are just Flare Blitz spammers who rely on lag.

One time I ran up to a laggy Zard as Mewtwo, jumped up, and phased just to screw with them.They used Flare Blitz and flew right threw my air dodge and off the edge. They didn't recover properly either. Easiest kill I ever got.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
A time traveler from the 90s finds his way into this timeline. He has gone through the console wars between the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo as well as seen the rise of the Playstation and N64. What do you think would be his reaction when he sees that Sega's mascot Sonic, Playstation's big hit FFVII's Cloud Strife, Street Fighter's Ryu and Namco legend Pacman are all duking it out with Mario, DK, Pikachu, Link and co. in Super Smash Bros.? After watching this and being forced back to his timeline, how will he be able to cope with the knowledge?

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
A time traveler from the 90s finds his way into this timeline. He has gone through the console wars between the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo as well as seen the rise of the Playstation and N64. What do you think would be his reaction when he sees that Sega's mascot Sonic, Playstation's big hit FFVII's Cloud Strife, Street Fighter's Ryu and Namco legend Pacman are all duking it out with Mario, DK, Pikachu, Link and co. in Super Smash Bros.? After watching this and being forced back to his timeline, how will he be able to cope with the knowledge?
I think he would be horrified and glad to leave this time if he had spent a second playing against 3 out of 4 of those characters.

On another note it appears we got some new cheese to work with.

https://twitter.com/_seanpluto/status/723623633634115584?s=09

I don't know if this is new or not but regardless, I'm stealing it.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I still miss being able to pull people under battlefield with Confusion and laugh at their...um, confusion.

The least explored characters in Smash 4 are generally the most technical.
:4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4palutena: are all characters that at face value look really bad, but when explored in depth they become so much better. Maybe :4zelda::4roy::4charizard: have this issue of an undeveloped metagame, even though they aren't as technical?
(see what I did there? bowser jr. and roy, in one emoji.)

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
In about two hours our lord and savior Abadango will be fighting on Umebura 22 ! ! !

It's a required watch, take notes!

https://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming

:150:
While I support the idea of learning by observing better players, I wouldn't straight up call him lord and savior... y'know.
One difference between top players and casuals are, that tops have none to watch the streams off.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
While I support the idea of learning by observing better players, I wouldn't straight up call him lord and savior... y'know.
One difference between top players and casuals are, that tops have none to watch the streams off.
It was a joke

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
you're right i think it does!
You forgot one, actually;

:rosalina:

Disadvantage because ABA switched to Metaknight so obviously it had to be because M2 is bad at this match up

There are people who actually believe this, sadly.

Also Umebura 22 is live right now! Show your support Mootoos!

You forgot one, actually;

:rosalina:

Disadvantage because ABA switched to Metaknight so obviously it had to be because M2 is bad at this match up

There are people who actually believe this, sadly.
damn you're right! **** my mu chart is no longer a 100% accurate representation of the smash community! im so sorry ;___;

also yay umebura! let's go aba!

D

Deleted member

mmmmmm go Aba :4mewtwo:

We 'bout to see our cat take top 8 at another national. Who's ready?

Well at least it's not third. However, it's good to see that Greninja's buffs are paying off. It's not often that one sees a good Greninja. Not that there are a lot of bad Greninjas...

STOP. Time to tip the scales.
I predict there is going to be a patch... Monday. Glitches will be patched, Bayonetta (and possibly others) nerfed, and some more buffs will occur. Why, you may ask?
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp
No explanation whatsoever as to why there is maintenance. Guess what else that happens for? Smash updates.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Well at least it's not third. However, it's good to see that Greninja's buffs are paying off. It's not often that one sees a good Greninja. Not that there are a lot of bad Greninjas...

I predict there is going to be a patch... Monday. Glitches will be patched, Bayonetta (and possibly others) nerfed, and some more buffs will occur. Why, you may ask?
No explanation whatsoever as to why there is maintenance. Guess what else that happens for? Smash updates.
What's the maintenance for tomorrow? That is suspicious two hour maintenance on Monday, though. We'll see.

kept won 2-1 vs aba in a super last hit situation. here's the channel it's streamed on, even if you just watch the archives it's super worth it to go over that set if you're having issues vs villager. aba showed a lot of our potential options in the mu.

https://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming/

edit: aba is out losing to brood (duck hunt). i believe he got 9th?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Maintenance can mean a lot of things these days. Could be for Pokken, or god forbid, Star Fox Guard.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 Welcome to the mod life, good to see you followed up on the application. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

You picked a good board to mod, Mewtwo mains are nothing but lightweights.:troll:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I hate to use this place as some kind of dumpster for my emotional bull**** but screw it! I just need to vent, because this kind of negative emotions cause nothing but a torrent of suicidal depression when suppressed.

A like a girl. A lot. We've known each other for a year, and today we went out with a bunch of friends. My original intention was to be just the two of us but she misunderstood me (japanese is a very indirect language) and invited some people at work, so dang it let's roll with it, I thought. So today everything was well at first, we then went to karaoke, and one guy who just started this week at work who initially wasn't with us arrived there. She drank a lot, and then got very cuddly with this guy, and they spent the rest of the night cuddling with each other. What started out as a pleasant night became hell for me. I wanted to leave that place but I had to stay until the end because it was all my idea. After a couple of torturous hours it was finally over.
So yeah, this guy appears out of nowhere and apparently made an advance out of a sudden. And you know what makes me angry the most? It was all my fault. I waited. I built a friendship with her over time and wasn't too sure about what to do next. Why, you ask? Short answer: Because I'm a ****ing idiot.

When I finally took my step, this guy comes and rains on my parade, royally. He accomplished what I couldn't over a year in less than a week of knowing her, and I can't help but being mad at myself for not clearing my intentions with her from the very beginning.
I hope, God I hope that all is not lost yet. It's possible that it was just because of the moment of drunkness between the two. Right now, I have nothing but fear on my chest. But I'm also determined. I see her again on Tuesday, and I'll clarify my intentions and feelings for her once and for all, no more beating around the bushes and vague meanings. She will understand what I plan to say, since I'll take a more aggressive approach. Because I have to know for sure rather than wondering forever. I'm NOT allowing myself for tuesday to come and go without doing this.
And this guy, he is below me since I'm his "senpai" at work so to speak. So I have to teach him and be professional when dealing with him. God, that it's going to be difficult and awkward. He is almost as tall as I am, and I'm pretty sure I could take him but that's besides the point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom