• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Buyonetta lol
I still think that :4mario: is #1 but :4bayonetta: has some serious problems. If one camps or counters against her, it can be an easy win.
I think they'll patch it at some time soon, but this meta's pretty close to balanced. There's a few outliers, namely :rosalina::4mario::4sonic::4bayonetta: and debatably :4cloud: that should still get a nerf. Buffs are even debatable at this point outside of obviously :4jigglypuff:.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Buyonetta lol
I still think that :4mario: is #1 but :4bayonetta: has some serious problems. If one camps or counters against her, it can be an easy win.
I think they'll patch it at some time soon, but this meta's pretty close to balanced. There's a few outliers, namely :rosalina::4mario::4sonic::4bayonetta: and debatably :4cloud: that should still get a nerf. Buffs are even debatable at this point outside of obviously :4jigglypuff:.
Don't know why I said that lol I just really don't like Bayo all of those characters should get nerfed except Sonic I feel like he's alright buffs are really debatable I really think Jiggly Puff is a joke character

C3CC

Smash Lord
What's wrong with Rosalina? I think she's perfect right now.

... Ok fine. Yes, her Up Air needs a nerf because she gets absurdly early kills with it. But aside from that I think she doesn't need any more tweaks.

:rosalina: C3CC C3CC You got it, dude.
:4mario:'s chains are almost as good as :4bayonetta:'s on stages with the right platform placement. He needs an up tilt nerf and an up air nerf. Also, cape is pretty much unpunishable. That should be fixed.
:4cloud: is still very complained about, as much as most of us here on the Mewtwo boards beg to differ. I don't know what to change, outside of maybe nair and LBCS.
:4bayonetta: Duh.
:4sonic: The only reason he needs a nerf is that after the other 4 get hit, he'd be easily the best in the game. So getting him back down on the level of, say :4ness: would be good.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
... Duh, I forgot to mention a very important part. I was not using Mewtwo, I was Corrin. Now that I think of it, I don't even know why I came to rant in this thread... Heeheheheheh...

And I am a great Mewtwo player. It's just that I don't know some of the match-ups because I'm not used to playing against some characters.
If all he did was sideB, and kept getting caught by it, then its not a matchup thing, It's a "you cant read predictable habits" thing. All you had to do was shorthop fair to stop it.

And I would've thought we'd all know this by now, but guys, seriously, if a ganondorf is on his last stock, dont stand near the ledge. Just dont.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Happy birthday, Mewtwo DLC. It's been a wild ride!

:rosalina: C3CC C3CC You got it, dude.
:4mario:'s chains are almost as good as :4bayonetta:'s on stages with the right platform placement. He needs an up tilt nerf and an up air nerf. Also, cape is pretty much unpunishable. That should be fixed.
:4cloud: is still very complained about, as much as most of us here on the Mewtwo boards beg to differ. I don't know what to change, outside of maybe nair and LBCS.
:4bayonetta: Duh.
:4sonic: The only reason he needs a nerf is that after the other 4 get hit, he'd be easily the best in the game. So getting him back down on the level of, say :4ness: would be good.
"Cape is unpunishable"
...what?
I... don't even

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If all he did was sideB, and kept getting caught by it, then its not a matchup thing, It's a "you cant read predictable habits" thing. All you had to do was shorthop fair to stop it.

And I would've thought we'd all know this by now, but guys, seriously, if you are on your last stock vs. Ganon, dont stand near the ledge. Just dont.
On the other hand, if he's on his last stock and you have more, go nuts.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What's wrong with Rosalina? I think she's perfect right now.

... Ok fine. Yes, her Up Air needs a nerf because she gets absurdly early kills with it. But aside from that I think she doesn't need any more tweaks.
Increase her air speed, and you've got my attention.

Anyway, I still can't believe that people are still complaining about the u-air though. If Rosalina is Lumaless, then it becomes more difficult to properly land the u-air hitbox.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Crazy that it's been a year, and such an eventful year, of Mewtwo in Smash 4. What a roller coaster! Loved playing as him from Day 1, but the gradual improvement into the proper Legendary we have today has been well worth the wait.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
It's been a long and tough ride through Dark Cave, but BOY am I glad to be out of there. From bottom to high, it's making me teary-eyed thinking about it...

One whole year. Three-hundred and sixty five days with Mewtwo, and I can proudly say that every step along the way was worth it.

From when I first picked him up to when I first joined Smashboards and started posting here at the Social, to both waves of his buffs, I'm happy to say that it's been fun the whole ride.

Here's to another year and many more with Mewtwo!
:150::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::4mewtwo:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
...it's already been a year?
I feel like this entry in the Smash franchise has been really good to :4mewtwo:.
It took a few patches, but he feels sooo friggin' good to play now.
He looks a 100 times better than in Melee, is (more than just) viable, and won a major tournament lately.
Happy birthd- err... anniversary, Mewtwo!!

On a side-note; i had a pretty creative opponent in Pokemon Showdown today:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-359430574
...too bad he celebrated a little too early.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Oh my God, exactly one year ago I was shaking as I was downloading him. I used to think "Omg, FINALLY... After 14 long years!!"

How things have changed in the course of a year. It's unbelievable! Happy anniversary, guys!!

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
It seems like yesterday I woke up at 4 am and continued to refresh my email constantly for code I thought was never coming..

~Happy Anniversary You Balloon Animal~

:150:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I should pick up a low tier. Hey Mewtwo looks pretty fun. Man, is this character hard to play. Hey, I am getting a lot better. What!!! a patch!!! It all pays off.

Ok, Cape's not unpinishable, but it's really really annoying and viably spammable, especially in casual play.I said "unpunishable" meaning it's mad fast and you can actually punish the opponents' punish in some circumstances. I think it needs more endlag.

You already know how I feel about :4zelda: and Ganondorf eats up stocks now, as much as he may be super slow-moving. They could use some more buffs, but I think it's fine if they go unbuffed.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am flying out to Navy OCS in about 6.5 hours...see you all in 3 months!!! I'm going to miss playing as Mewtwo in Smash...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So it's been a year since I had the 3DS version of Sm4sh and got the first dlc character. Played as him, didn't mind him but eh, he wasn't anything special. Picked him up again for another try shortly before his major buffs and cost my cousin and I many matches in FG dubs. Then he got buffed and I performed well with him. Was waiting for Wolf to come before deciding a main and he never came and here I am with Mewtwo as my most consistent character. Funny how I quit paying attention to him shortly after his release to focus on MK and yet here I am maining M2 and just now going back to MK for fun.

Thank you Nintendo or Namco or whoever for realizing what a mess of a character you released a year ago and fixing him up to be what he is today. Ya done such a good job, some people are calling for nerfs now~

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I don't think release Mewtwo was as awful as people thought.

I recently had to play the old mewtwo because my friend never updated his smash game (casuals...). Playing release mewtwo is honestly kinda gross. He so much better now.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734

I recently had to play the old mewtwo because my friend never updated his smash game (casuals...). Playing release mewtwo is honestly kinda gross. He so much better now.

Wow haven't been on here in a while first thing I see is that sick profile pic man keep on cruising

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord

Yeah, of course he wasn't that bad. And he's always been really fun to use!

Melee Mewtwo, however...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dang, I stopped getting notifs in this thread AGAIN. I think Smashboards wants me to be a Corrin main, because I always get notifs for that social but not for this one. Well too bad, 'cause I'm a day one Mewtwo main and I'm sticking too that.

...Wait, it's been a year since the Mewtwo release already? Dang, time goes by fast.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Dang, I stopped getting notifs in this thread AGAIN. I think Smashboards wants me to be a Corrin main, because I always get notifs for that social but not for this one. Well too bad, 'cause I'm a day one Mewtwo main and I'm sticking too that.

...Wait, it's been a year since the Mewtwo release already? Dang, time goes by fast.
Kamui is actually tempting me a lot to switch mains and I don't like that....
Ironically, Mewtwo tempted me a lot too before I switched to Samus.

Top Bottom