• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just for fun, what do ya'll think are Mewtwo's chances for Smash 5? Mewtwo has always had low priority in every single Smash game, but I think he has a decent chance of making it in next time. Mostly because Nintendo knows how much we want him. I hope he doesn't get taken out again... I worry 7 years from now...
The fact that he managed to be the very first DLC character makes me extremely confident Nintendo wants to keep bringing him back.

Heck, even if he's not in the initial roster, DLC pretty much guarantees he'll keep coming back.
I've got a feeling that Ridley won't miss out on the next Smash Bros. in fact, I'm willing to wager he'll be one of the first newcomers unveiled.
Just imagine the hype. ^-^
I'm all for Ridley, but let's not get our hopes too high.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Just for fun, what do ya'll think are Mewtwo's chances for Smash 5? Mewtwo has always had low priority in every single Smash game, but I think he has a decent chance of making it in next time. Mostly because Nintendo knows how much we want him. I hope he doesn't get taken out again... I worry 7 years from now...
I completely agree with Speed. After experiencing the massive backlash from his absence in Brawl and seeing how well Mewtwo's DLC did, I would be extremely surprised if he isn't on Smash 5's staring roster, and if he isn't, then he'll almost certainly be one of the first DLC characters. At this point, Mewtwo's chances of not returning are almost 0, and I honestly believe that Mewtwo has a "slot" [sic] secured for him in each future title.
The only Pokémon that will definitely have higher priority that Mewtwo is Pikachu, though I'd be willing to believe that Jigglypuff has higher priority, as well. Charizard might have higher priority than Mewtwo, but Lucario and Greninja will probably have less priority. Lucario is awesome, but by the time that Smash 5 is announced, Lucario won't be the poster boy for anything in the Pokémon games, and while he does have immense popularity, it's not even comparable to the likes of Mewtwo's. Greninja is probably the flavor of the month, and while he might return, I don't think his priority will be higher than Mewtwo's at all. Greninja just isn't as advertised and promoted as much as Lucario is.

And Pichu... Well, Pichu speaks for itself on the matter, unfortunately.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I completely agree with Speed. After experiencing the massive backlash from his absence in Brawl and seeing how well Mewtwo's DLC did, I would be extremely surprised if he isn't on Smash 5's staring roster, and if he isn't, then he'll almost certainly be one of the first DLC characters. At this point, Mewtwo's chances of not returning are almost 0, and I honestly believe that Mewtwo has a "slot" [sic] secured for him in each future title.
The only Pokémon that will definitely have higher priority that Mewtwo is Pikachu, though I'd be willing to believe that Jigglypuff has higher priority, as well. Charizard might have higher priority than Mewtwo, but Lucario and Greninja will probably have less priority. Lucario is awesome, but by the time that Smash 5 is announced, Lucario won't be the poster boy for anything in the Pokémon games, and while he does have immense popularity, it's not even comparable to the likes of Mewtwo's. Greninja is probably the flavor of the month, and while he might return, I don't think his priority will be higher than Mewtwo's at all. Greninja just isn't as advertised and promoted as much as Lucario is.

And Pichu... Well, Pichu speaks for itself on the matter, unfortunately.
I really do want Pichu back. I loved Pichu as well as Mewtwo in Melee.
Pichu might have sucked, but they could make him a seriously powerful glass canon if they do add him back at some point.
(Then again...the Pikachu we have now is technically the Pichu we had in Melee.... honestly, there's no reason to deny it.)

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I really do want Pichu back. I loved Pichu as well as Mewtwo in Melee.
Pichu might have sucked, but they could make him a seriously powerful glass canon if they do add him back at some point.
(Then again...the Pikachu we have now is technically the Pichu we had in Melee.... honestly, there's no reason to deny it.)
Yeah, Pichu really could be an interesting character if Sakurai and the devs could manage to pull him off right. And, as Mewtwo shows, they are capable of making a decent glass cannon. I suppose l worry that, because Pichu would probably be an extreme glass cannon, he might wind up worse off than before. Making a fairly mild glass cannon like Mewtwo is completely different from making an extreme glass cannon like Pichu would hypothetically be. That said, while I appreciate it when my characters are well balanced, I'd take another garbage Pichu over no Pichu in a heartbeat. Tiers just don't matter that much to me.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yeah, Pichu really could be an interesting character if Sakurai and the devs could manage to pull him off right. And, as Mewtwo shows, they are capable of making a decent glass cannon. I suppose l worry that, because Pichu would probably be an extreme glass cannon, he might wind up worse off than before. Making a fairly mild glass cannon like Mewtwo is completely different from making an extreme glass cannon like Pichu would hypothetically be. That said, while I appreciate it when my characters are well balanced, I'd take another garbage Pichu over no Pichu in a heartbeat. Tiers just don't matter that much to me.
Think of it like this;
You recall how Pichu did damage to itself in Melee right? Well, what if Pichu still did damage to itself, but the amount of damage it deals to itself is also carried over to the amount of damage it's attacks would do.

Example: Pichu's Thunder Jolt in Melee did 7%-10% damage in Melee with 1% recoil. But with what I mentioned, it would now do 8%-11% with 1% recoil.

With it's grab, it would normally deal 3%-4% with a 1% recoil for each strike. Now it would dead 4%-5% with 1% recoil, effectively making it the strongest pummel in the game.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have a Pichu that at least has weird variations on Pikachu's specials, such as a thunder that only strikes a second after the cloud forms, or a thunder jolt that moves erratically. The moves would be weaker than Pikachu's, but you could charge them to the same strength as Pikachu's, and only then would you take self inflicted damage.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Think of it like this;
You recall how Pichu did damage to itself in Melee right? Well, what if Pichu still did damage to itself, but the amount of damage it deals to itself is also carried over to the amount of damage it's attacks would do.

Example: Pichu's Thunder Jolt in Melee did 7%-10% damage in Melee with 1% recoil. But with what I mentioned, it would now do 8%-11% with 1% recoil.

With it's grab, it would normally deal 3%-4% with a 1% recoil for each strike. Now it would dead 4%-5% with 1% recoil, effectively making it the strongest pummel in the game.
This is the kind of ingenuity Pichu needs. I think that, in addition to this, if you added a little bit more knockback to his attacks, then he'd be ready to go. Plus, since he would obviously be cloned from Smash 4 Pikachu, who is considered to be among the best characters in the game, Pichu is predisposed to be a good character. Could it possibly get any better?!
I'd rather have a Pichu that at least has weird variations on Pikachu's specials, such as a thunder that only strikes a second after the cloud forms, or a thunder jolt that moves erratically. The moves would be weaker than Pikachu's, but you could charge them to the same strength as Pikachu's, and only then would you take self inflicted damage.
I'll be honest here, I couldn't care less about what the devs do with Pichu's moveset. The thing that made Pichu special to me was his gimmick, not his moveset. I thought Pichu's gimmick of hurting himself was very interesting and unique, even if it was very poorly executed. It definitely has potential, and Melee just didn't tap into it. I do like your ideas for moves, though.
However, I don't know if making his attacks weaker than Pikachu's unless you fully charge them is the right way to go about balancing him. If that were the case, then Pichu would ultimately either be a weak Pikachu or a slow Pikachu that damages itself. Neither of those are desirable, and it completely defeats the purpose of Pichu: to be a character so powerful that masochism is the only way to balance it. Other that that, however, I would be totally OK with your changes to Pichu's moveset.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If I were to make a moveset, this is what I'd do;

First, I'd give him ridiculous air speed and very fast attacks with very little KB. Basically, I'd make Pichu have the best combo ability in the game. They're just really weak combos that sometimes cause recoil,

Then, I'd completely change his specials to entirely egg moves. Why? Because Pichu is a baby pokemon! It matches thematically and helps make him stand out.

Neutral Special: Charge. This move functions much like Aura Sphere. As you charge it, any opponent who gets to close will take continuous damage. However, as you reach full charge, Pichu starts taking damage to. The sphere of electricity surrounding Pichu as it charges is a little bit larger then a Max Aura Lucario's aura sphere to. When you release it, it doesn't launch a projectile. Instead, anyone too close to Pichu takes 35% damage at max charge and Pichu takes up to 2% damage. It serves as one of Pichu's few kill moves.
Side Special: Volt Tackle. A much faster version of Charizard's Flare Blitz, but without the super armor. It does 10% recoil if it lands, but only 5% if it doesn't, and does 20% damage. It serves as one of Pichu's few kill moves.
Up Special: Flail. Pichu throws a small temper-tantrum. In the air, this move functions as recovery. The more damage Pichu takes, the farther it causes Pichu to travel. However, this move's recoil increases with damage as well. At 0%, Pichu takes 1% recoil. At 25%, Pichu takes 2%; and 50%, Pichu takes 3%, and so on. It also does damage that scales as well, and can serve as a kill move when Pichu is at around 100%. Of course, being a recoil move, this attack also has electrical properties, despite being a normal-type move in its own game.
Down Special: Present. A gift is chucked a small distance forward, will lay on the ground for a second, and then explode. The size of the explosion varies, and sometimes, it'll just heal Pichu and the opponent 1% damage. Only one present can be out at a time. Pichu can't be harmed by the blast. The idea is to use this as a spacing tool and an all around annoying move.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
If I were to make a moveset, this is what I'd do;

First, I'd give him ridiculous air speed and very fast attacks with very little KB. Basically, I'd make Pichu have the best combo ability in the game. They're just really weak combos that sometimes cause recoil,

Then, I'd completely change his specials to entirely egg moves. Why? Because Pichu is a baby pokemon! It matches thematically and helps make him stand out.

Neutral Special: Charge. This move functions much like Aura Sphere. As you charge it, any opponent who gets to close will take continuous damage. However, as you reach full charge, Pichu starts taking damage to. The sphere of electricity surrounding Pichu as it charges is a little bit larger then a Max Aura Lucario's aura sphere to. When you release it, it doesn't launch a projectile. Instead, anyone too close to Pichu takes 35% damage at max charge and Pichu takes up to 2% damage. It serves as one of Pichu's few kill moves.
Side Special: Volt Tackle. A much faster version of Charizard's Flare Blitz, but without the super armor. It does 10% recoil if it lands, but only 5% if it doesn't, and does 20% damage. It serves as one of Pichu's few kill moves.
Up Special: Flail. Pichu throws a small temper-tantrum. In the air, this move functions as recovery. The more damage Pichu takes, the farther it causes Pichu to travel. However, this move's recoil increases with damage as well. At 0%, Pichu takes 1% recoil. At 25%, Pichu takes 2%; and 50%, Pichu takes 3%, and so on. It also does damage that scales as well, and can serve as a kill move when Pichu is at around 100%. Of course, being a recoil move, this attack also has electrical properties, despite being a normal-type move in its own game.
Down Special: Present. A gift is chucked a small distance forward, will lay on the ground for a second, and then explode. The size of the explosion varies, and sometimes, it'll just heal Pichu and the opponent 1% damage. Only one present can be out at a time. Pichu can't be harmed by the blast. The idea is to use this as a spacing tool and an all around annoying move.
Once again, I have no problem with the moveset, but why have Pichu's attacks only deal recoil sometimes? I feel like it's defeating the purpose of the character. Pichu's self-damaging gimmick was the thing that made it stand out from the rest of the cast, and I feel like removing or weakening it is taking away what made Pichu unique. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Once again, I have no problem with the moveset, but why have Pichu's attacks only deal recoil sometimes? I feel like it's defeating the purpose of the character. Pichu's self-damaging gimmick was the thing that made it stand out from the rest of the cast, and I feel like removing or weakening it is taking away what made Pichu unique. Just my thoughts on the subject.
I agree. Recoil should stay.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I kind of meant that electrical moves, like Fair or Dair, would have recoil, but not moves that don't deal electric damage, like the jab.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
if pichu will make a return, I would want to see at least one of this things to make her stand out more and better:

* to response of her taking recoil damage from thunder attacks, they would have extra knockback meaning she is stronger than pikachu but still be a light weight
* to response of her taking recoil damage, they would make pichu alot faster so she would be the third fastest after captain falcon
* if she takes recoil damage, she can heal herself slowly in some kind of attack, like in her ducking animation there she sleeps
* she can boost the thunder attacks similiar to WFT DownB/Shulk Buster/Smash more but the recoil damage goes up

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I kind of meant that electrical moves, like Fair or Dair, would have recoil, but not moves that don't deal electric damage, like the jab.
Ah. Well, in that case, my mistake. That's how it was in Melee, so I have absolutely no problem with your moveset.

I do, however, question your design philosophy for Pichu. You've got a character that damages himself with almost every single move in his moveset, he's the best comboer in the game, and he only has a few finishers. Essentially, he boils down to "Use lots of moves to produce damaging combos, and then have difficulty KO'ing the opponent." I mean, it seems pretty counterproductive. If most of Pichu's attacks hurt himself, then he's going to be taking a lot of damage when he's performing those combos. Then, to make matters worse, he doesn't have very many options to KO the opponent, meaning he's either going to have to combo his opponent until they reach a suitable percentage for most of his moveset, thus damaging himself even more, or he's going to have to use his few KO options and hope for the best, which also adds damage to himself. From what I can tell, Charge would be so close ranged that Pichu would have a lot of trouble landing it, and Volt Tackle may or may not be effective, especially because its recoil damage is so high. From what I understand, your proposed idea for Pichu's playstyle seems to work directly against his gimmick.

If Pichu was a high-power character with the ability to easily KO opponents and deal large amounts of damage in a single blow, then his gimmick and his playstyle support each other. Yes, he still takes recoil damage, but Pichu can KO his opponents in a minimal number of hits and deal large amounts of damage with just one strike, encouraging the player to make thoughtful use of their moveset, similar to your proposed idea. The difference, however, is that your idea forces the player to damage themselves extensively in order to rack up damage, and then gives the player difficulty KO'ing opponents, whereas the high-power concept still allows the player to deal large amounts of damage, but in such a away that minimal recoil damage is dealt to Pichu, and gives Pichu high KO power, allowing him to easily KO opponents at relatively low percents. To me, it seems that your idea is too much "glass," and not enough "cannon." I could be missing something here, though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
But would having Pichu super powerful really be staying true to his character? A better way would be to make him very hard to catch. Maybe make his moves super quick and have insane priority. Basically, a character you'll want to go on the defensive on, because going on the offensive will end up having all your attacks overridden.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
But would having Pichu super powerful really be staying true to his character? A better way would be to make him very hard to catch. Maybe make his moves super quick and have insane priority. Basically, a character you'll want to go on the defensive on, because going on the offensive will end up having all your attacks overridden.
While this would technically be "in character," it also means that you'd be removing his unique self-damage gimmick. No other character in Smash has ever a gimmick like Pichu's, and that's part of the reason he'd be an interesting character to bring back. Self-damage in Smash is practically synonymous with Pichu. It's his defining characteristic.

The idea you propose is very unique, but it's not what Pichu is known for. I would imagine that most of Pichu's fanbase likes him because of his self-damage gimmick, so taking that away would almost immediately alienate a substantial portion of his fans. It could potentially defeat the entire purpose bringing Pichu back.

The thing about having a gimmick like Pichu's is that your options for designing his playstyle are very limited. Because Pichu damages himself and is very light, he is very easy to KO. Therefore, he has to be able to KO easily and be able to do it in a minimal number of hits. There's not a lot of room for creativity, unfortunately. However, because Pichu's gimmick is so unique and creative in and of itself, I feel like it evens out.

Anyway, the point is, while I would love to see your proposed playstyle implemented into Smash somehow, I don't think Pichu is the right character to give it to. Self-damage is Pichu's shtick, and that gimmick doesn't allow much breathing room when to comes to potential playstyle options. Plus, changing Pichu's defining trait would probably do more harm than help.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ah. Well, in that case, my mistake. That's how it was in Melee, so I have absolutely no problem with your moveset.

I do, however, question your design philosophy for Pichu. You've got a character that damages himself with almost every single move in his moveset, he's the best comboer in the game, and he only has a few finishers. Essentially, he boils down to "Use lots of moves to produce damaging combos, and then have difficulty KO'ing the opponent." I mean, it seems pretty counterproductive. If most of Pichu's attacks hurt himself, then he's going to be taking a lot of damage when he's performing those combos. Then, to make matters worse, he doesn't have very many options to KO the opponent, meaning he's either going to have to combo his opponent until they reach a suitable percentage for most of his moveset, thus damaging himself even more, or he's going to have to use his few KO options and hope for the best, which also adds damage to himself. From what I can tell, Charge would be so close ranged that Pichu would have a lot of trouble landing it, and Volt Tackle may or may not be effective, especially because its recoil damage is so high. From what I understand, your proposed idea for Pichu's playstyle seems to work directly against his gimmick.
The reason I gave Volt Tackle such high recoil is because I based it off of Flare Blitz. I also mentioned charge imagining the it to have a pretty decent range when released, just surrounding Pichu and not really a projectile. Hey, we could even call that part of the move "discharge".

The problem with balancing Pichu is that the point is that he's litterally just a Pikachu who happens to be weaker in every way. You need to find ways to balance him without making him neccecsarily stronger then Pikachu; may ways were combo potential and different special attacks.
Lol...
If Smash was cannon to the games. Mewtwo and Rosaluna would be god tier. Worse than MK in Brawl. :p
True, but there is some level of loyalty to the original games. There is a reason Mewtwo is a heavy-hittter and Pikachu isn't; they need to feel like the original characters.

A Pichu that hits harder then a Pikachu despite using the same attacks won't really be a Pichu anymore.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The reason I gave Volt Tackle such high recoil is because I based it off of Flare Blitz. I also mentioned charge imagining the it to have a pretty decent range when released, just surrounding Pichu and not really a projectile. Hey, we could even call that part of the move "discharge".

The problem with balancing Pichu is that the point is that he's litterally just a Pikachu who happens to be weaker in every way. You need to find ways to balance him without making him neccecsarily stronger then Pikachu; may ways were combo potential and different special attacks.
True, but there is some level of loyalty to the original games. There is a reason Mewtwo is a heavy-hittter and Pikachu isn't; they need to feel like the original characters.

A Pichu that hits harder then a Pikachu despite using the same attacks won't really be a Pichu anymore.
I beg to differ. Technically, you could say that Mewtwo doesn't feel like Mewtwo because he weighs less than being with 2 dimensions and because he's slower than Pikachu. You could say that Ganondorf doesn't feel like Ganondorf because very few of his moves are based off actual moves he used in his games.

But, what's the common theme here? They still have attributes and characteristics from their games. Like you said, Mewtwo hits really hard, and Ganondorf still practically radiates power. Pichu damaging itself with its own attacks kinda feels like Pichu. Its Pokédex entry states that it's not yet skilled at storing electricity, and that it can even shock an adult human, though it shocks itself in the process. That translates into Smash as Pichu's self-damaging gimmick. That aspect of Pichu feels like Pichu.

Now, Pichu being more powerful than Pikachu may not necessarily feel like Pichu, but neither does Mewtwo's low weight. Does that mean that they don't feel like themselves. Not necessarily. It just means that some creative liberties were taken with that character. Also, like I said above, Pichu's Pokédex entry states that it can't fully control its electricity, and that it can shock full grown adults. Part of the reason Pichu is more powerful than Pikachu in Smash could be because of that entry. It's possible that Sakurai thought, "Well, if Pikachu can control its electricity, but Pichu can't, then maybe Pichu would accidentally let loose more electricity than it intended, causing more damage and shocking itself." It sorta makes sense when you think about it.

And, in any case, Pichu fans didn't just pull the idea of it being more powerful that Pikachu out of the blue. Several of Pichu's attacks were actually more powerful than Pikachu's in Melee, so that idea's already been implemented into Smash. He wasn't designed to be a Pikachu who's weaker in every way. He was designed to actually be a more powerful Pikachu that hurts itself when it attacked. The problem was that the extra power simply wasn't enough to compensate for the self-damage. It needs to be amped up some.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I beg to differ. Technically, you could say that Mewtwo doesn't feel like Mewtwo because he weighs less than being with 2 dimensions and because he's slower than Pikachu. You could say that Ganondorf doesn't feel like Ganondorf because very few of his moves are based off actual moves he used in his games.

But, what's the common theme here? They still have attributes and characteristics from their games. Like you said, Mewtwo hits really hard, and Ganondorf still practically radiates power. Pichu damaging itself with its own attacks kinda feels like Pichu. Its Pokédex entry states that it's not yet skilled at storing electricity, and that it can even shock an adult human, though it shocks itself in the process. That translates into Smash as Pichu's self-damaging gimmick. That aspect of Pichu feels like Pichu.

Now, Pichu being more powerful than Pikachu may not necessarily feel like Pichu, but neither does Mewtwo's low weight. Does that mean that they don't feel like themselves. Not necessarily. It just means that some creative liberties were taken with that character. Also, like I said above, Pichu's Pokédex entry states that it can't fully control its electricity, and that it can shock full grown adults. Part of the reason Pichu is more powerful than Pikachu in Smash could be because of that entry. It's possible that Sakurai thought, "Well, if Pikachu can control its electricity, but Pichu can't, then maybe Pichu would accidentally let loose more electricity than it intended, causing more damage and shocking itself." It sorta makes sense when you think about it.

And, in any case, Pichu fans didn't just pull the idea of it being more powerful that Pikachu out of the blue. Several of Pichu's attacks were actually more powerful than Pikachu's in Melee, so that idea's already been implemented into Smash. He wasn't designed to be a Pikachu who's weaker in every way. He was designed to actually be a more powerful Pikachu that hurt itself when it attacked. The problem was that the extra power simply wasn't enough to compensate for the self-damage. It needs to be amped up some.
Wasn't his godawful reach the bigger offender to his tier position? (Though I'm not gonna lie, self-damage AND being the lightest
does suck).

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wasn't his godawful reach the bigger offender to his tier position? (Though I'm not gonna lie, self-damage AND being the lightest
does suck).
Admittedly, I'm actually not completely sure, though I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, because Pichu's range in Melee really did suck hard. However, Pichu already has at least one guaranteed buff if it were to return in Smash 4. One of Pichu's weaknesses in Melee was its vulnerability to chain grabbing, and since that was removed in Smash 4, Pichu would definitely be buffed in that regard. Plus, since Pichu would be cloned from Smash 4 Pikachu, it would already be predisposed to be good. Pikachu is considered one of the best characters in Smash 4, so any clone made from it started off high-tier. Range isn't as large a problem for Smash 4 Pikachu as it was for Melee Pikachu, so I wouldn't imagine that Pichu would have that problem again.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
does suck).
Pichu actually would have been a decent character if it weren't for the flaws you mentioned. Pichu was actually really quick (as fast as Fox IIRC), had tons of combos, and an awesome recovery. It's a real shame...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Admittedly, I'm actually not completely sure, though I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, because Pichu's range in Melee really did suck hard. However, Pichu already has at least one guaranteed buff if it were to return in Smash 4. One of Pichu's weaknesses in Melee was its vulnerability to chain grabbing, and since that was removed in Smash 4, Pichu would definitely be buffed in that regard. Plus, since Pichu would be cloned from Smash 4 Pikachu, it would already be predisposed to be good. Pikachu is considered one of the best characters in Smash 4, so any clone made from it started off high-tier. Range isn't as large a problem for Smash 4 Pikachu as it was for Melee Pikachu, so I wouldn't imagine that Pichu would have that problem again.
Except Pichu can't drive people crazy with Agility like Pikachu can with Quick Attack...

Edit: Although maybe they could compensate by making Pichu invincible like 64 Quick Attack?
The self damage would help prevent abuse.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

And, in any case, Pichu fans didn't just pull the idea of it being more powerful that Pikachu out of the blue. Several of Pichu's attacks were actually more powerful than Pikachu's in Melee, so that idea's already been implemented into Smash. He wasn't designed to be a Pikachu who's weaker in every way. He was designed to actually be a more powerful Pikachu that hurts itself when it attacked. The problem was that the extra power simply wasn't enough to compensate for the self-damage. It needs to be amped up some.
Like I said, if Pichu's self damage was made up in actual extra damage, it would be seriously powerful.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Lol...
If Smash was cannon to the games. Mewtwo and Rosaluna would be god tier. Worse than MK in Brawl. :p
Fierce deity link - kills gods
Pit - idk, never played kid Icarus game, but im sure he has some crazy powerup with the help of his goddes
Ganondorf - people say that he's invincible and cant be killed, but only sealed away
Kirby - I guess, considering inhale, he's pretty strong outside of his cute zone
and we all know Shulk can rekt all of them if he had his 3rd monado, thought he told alvis to do that "thing" at the end

Pichusuxlolololol
the end
:cheep:
>joke
I actually don't like Pichu at all, I mean, we got better ideas for more fresh movesets, why not get like 4 dlc characters with different and fresh movesets unlike the others instead of getting all the returning characters that we already know their moveset and combos
imo

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Pit - idk, never played kid Icarus game, but im sure he has some crazy powerup with the help of his goddes
Ganondorf - people say that he's invincible and cant be killed, but only sealed away
Kirby - I guess, considering inhale, he's pretty strong outside of his cute zone
and we all know Shulk can rekt all of them if he had his 3rd monado, thought he told alvis to do that "thing" at the end

I actually don't like Pichu at all, I mean, we got better ideas for more fresh movesets, why not get like 4 dlc characters with different and fresh movesets unlike the others instead of getting all the returning characters that we already know their moveset and combos
imo
Think of it like this, Pichu is a clone of Pikachu and a previously existing veteran of Smash. It would rake hardly any work/time to put him back in.
So, why not? We already have Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and soon we'll have Roy! They can easily finish what they've started. Only Pichu and Young Link remain, as of now.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Think of it like this, Pichu is a clone of Pikachu and a previously existing veteran of Smash. It would rake hardly any work/time to put him back in.
So, why not? We already have Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and soon we'll have Roy! They can easily finish what they've started. Only Pichu and Young Link remain, as of now.
no honest offense, but it would be a waste of a slot
but if pichu were to come in, I would imagine his dtilt as olimar's, it fits

but it really doesn't seem like theirs a major pichu "want", not as big as major ones in SSB4
I also really don't see young link returning back, ehh
but just my guess

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Eh, I do not understand the want for Young Link when his spiritual successor is already in the game. He never truly left, he simply had his name and art-style changed.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, at least they had a justification for those two; Mewtwo is levitating, and Gandorf is using magic(albeit it's still kind of stupid he's a Falcon clone).

There is no excuse for making Pichu tougher then Pikachu other then "balance".
Pit can kill gods as well, potentially even without Palutena's help. He's killed gods by the name of Thanatos and Pandora twice each, and can also kill one named Medusa with the help of the Three Sacred Treasures (his Final Smash).

Pit also apperantly comes back to life whenever he dies, but since death isn't realy a thing in Smash, that doesn't really matter. That'd make him stupid OP in Fire Emblem, though.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Pit also apperantly comes back to life whenever he dies, but since death isn't realy a thing in Smash, that doesn't really matter. That'd make him stupid OP in Fire Emblem, though.
Not related with the discussion at hand, but actually Pit comes back to life thanks to Palutena.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Not related with the discussion at hand, but actually Pit comes back to life thanks to Palutena.
Without his goddess, Pit is nothing.
Heck, even his weapons main weapon comes from her. >.>
Now Dark Pit, heh...he's a strong independent black angel that don't need no goddess. :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom