• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spokane Warmup tournament 4/07

Peaches

Smash Lord
There's a possiblity I could go to the plaza about 4. HOWEVER, if you take the Sprague or Valley Mall bus I could very easily pick you up.

This will be a little tricky, I mean, we've got Deva having to leave by 5 and Brady not being able to come until about the same time. So, one of you two won't be in the main tournament; not a big deal though because we can always do a low tier or something before hand.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
red are we having a team ssb tourney or something? why would we team up? :p

As long as we're calling this a practice tourney we should have n64 as well since WWU is having one. Might as well go over there and win that one too ;)

Brady we'd pick you up but I don't think the plaza is on the way to liberty lake from where I live, and you said you wouldn't be there till like after 3pm anyway.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
red are we having a team ssb tourney or something? why would we team up? :p

As long as we're calling this a practice tourney we should have n64 as well since WWU is having one. Might as well go over there and win that one too ;)

Brady we'd pick you up but I don't think the plaza is on the way to liberty lake from where I live, and you said you wouldn't be there till like after 3pm anyway.
I was meaning in friendlys for ssb64

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
hay I'm seeing the movie today instead of tomorrow.
Brady, I might just ride the bus into spokane with you. Is someone giving you a ride to Liberty Lake? Would there be enough seats if so?

brdy_

Smash Lord
I'm gonna take the Sprague bus to the Appleway Rd. area and then call Peaches to pick me up. I get off work at 3 and I'm catching the bus right after.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
kay, so I'm assuming there'd be no one to pick me up in the plaza.
i'll still be downtown in spokane and if i feel like it i'll get a ride from my friend to go to the tourny. he might be interested in playing, i dont know.

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up, I'm bringing one more friend. So it will be my, and 3 of my buddies. So more for the tourney. also, I vote 10$ entry atleast.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Go ahead and have the tourney earlier, without me, $10 entry is too much for me right now. And Peaches, I'll call you when I get off of work and when I get off the bus near the tourney.

Jacot

Smash Rookie
what time does it end? also can i bring my wireless controller? btw most of you guys are 6 years older than me lol

Jacot

Smash Rookie
ok im allowed to come, but i wont have any mm,srry guys. ill be there about noon, or a little before.
Im bringing:
NGC
SSBM
2 controlers (one wired one not)
mem card
money for tourney
See ya there

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
glad you decided to come. The kick out time they have there is 10pm, but the tourney should be over by 5. (assuming we start at 3) Just advice about the wireless controller to, I wouldn't bring them unless they have brand new batteries. You wouldn't want to lose a match cause your controller ran out of batteries and ran you off the cliff.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I'll be getting there about the time the tourney ends then :( . I'll call Nathan when I'm off of work... if he doesn't answer I'm not takin the bus out there.

Chip.

you know what to do
Wow, great tournament everybody ^_^. We had a good turnout of people as far as from what I suspected.

Here the results from the singles tournament:

1st- R.C.
2nd- Chip
3rd- Deva

SHOUTOUTS!:

R.C.-gg R.C. It was nice to finally meet you as well. Nice job taken top place, although most of us expected it XD. Still we had some good matches.

Deva-...they...they felt EXACTLY like we were doing friendlies, ya' know :dizzy:? It's weird. gg.

Jason- Nice Link, I suggest using nair as an edgegaurd while I'm recovering. Deva does it to me and it kicks my butt :p

Metroid-You got a great G&W along with a decent Fox :]. gg Alex <3

Redyoshi- Good Mewtwo :ohwell:. But I still think you should stick with your Yoshi, it's has much potential for pwnage.

Peaches- I call dibs on Team SHRAAAAAAAAAT!!!! next time lol XP

Jacot-Thnx for stopping by Jacot! I hope we can get to play next time though :p

Brady-Sorry we had to leave T_T. *sigh* I think we'll mm some other time though. Oh well.

iSam-We had some decent friendlies lol.

Thnx for housing Andrew!

Well that was a very fun tournament :laugh:. gg everybody! Hope that we'll see all eachother at Dan's.

-Chip

Jacot

Smash Rookie
Wow that was great for my first tourny. im going to try ALOT harder to make my samus better. I learned quite a bit. Thanks Andrew!!

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
and I owned that tournament by not being there
jk sorry I missed it. I woke up at 7pm.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Yeah andrew, you're an awesome host. I dunno how I'll be able to resist coming there again. DDR pad AND soft serve ice cream? that's impossible to beat :laugh: good tourney, felt pretty relaxed. Too bad more people didn't show, but o well more pizza for us. Shoutouts:

RC - Nice job your falcon *****

Deva - it was fun playing against you sliding around the stage using down plus b

Chip - rawr projectiles!

Red - play more n64 next time, Metroid is my nick on kaillera ask me for matches next time you're on

Peaches - Thanks for cooking pizza, it was awesome. congrats on getting 3rd in the team tourney with me, we worked well together? lol

New kid - Cool to see you there, keep coming to tourneys and you'll get better. This was my 8th Tourney, but I still have a ways to go to get good :lick:

Brdy - Play DDR next time it's fun.

RC's friends - somehow I don't think I played against any of you guys at smash :psycho: O well, thanks for showing up.

Andrew - best. host. ever.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
listen guys,I found a tape at andrews place and I don't know who's it is? I want to do the right thing and return it to its owner.

anyways shoutouts from today

Chip- Nice use of projectiles

Deva-Nice meeting you again,good Link BTW

Metroid- I'll play N64 more,Good zelda

Brdy-Very smart Player

RC-awesome job,I hope I didn't play bad against you though in the friendlys.

RC friends-good job,I will do better the next time I face you guys

Me-I didn't get some practice in the morning,I could've done better

Peaches-You did great at DDR.Keep up the good work.

New guy-Keep practicing with your samus and you'll get better :)

Andrew-Awesome place and hoster :)

See ya later :)

brdy_

Smash Lord
David - Glad I finally got to meet you, thanks for takin me to **** City LAWL. I still refuse to believe that you weren't sandbagging.

Jason- Thx for those bombs! lol jk. Thanks for being on my team for those friendlies, I hope to see you when I visit so we can play more

Sam- Nice to meet you finally as well. We should play more friendlies next time we see each other

Deva - Too bad I didn't get to see you for longer.

Chip - See Deva's. MM next time for sure.

Red - Thanks for the compliments, thanks for playin me on MK64... Wait a minute... you found a tape, took it, and now you want to return it to the person?

Nathan - Play me more! Thanks for organizing and the pizza.

Jacot - Keep at it, play us more, work on your recoveries, you'll get better don't worry. Thanks for coming out, hope to see you again soon

Alex- I'm not playing DDR, I look like a ****** when I play that game.

Andrew! - Thanks for hosting! That was good, too bad I couldn't compete though :( We should have tournaments on Fridays imo, or later in the day.... or I'll try to get work off. Soft serve ice cream machine @ your house = too good.

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Alright, here we go.

Brady - We finally get to meet. Thank god. Congrats to you sir on your round against me. Don't worry about sandbagging or anything. It's legit, I am here saying with no Johns, "You won." Anyways, we gotta play more, wish you had shown up earlier.

Deva - Nice job man. Your link has come along quite nicely from the last time I have seen you. It was nice to play with you again.

Chip - Nice job making it to the finals. You've got quite the Younglink there.

Red- Hey man, don't worry about how you did against me in friendlies or anything. Don't be nervous. We're just playing for fun. Don't worry about how you play against me or if you did "alright." Don't think of me of a higher status or anything because I am most definitely not and I don't have a "you must be/do this good policy to play me." I just want to have fun and playing against you was fun. Wish we had more matches though. Just for fun remember that. Your Luigi was pretty good, work on the down B.

Metroid - Nice fox. I enjoyed the matches that we played.

Peaches/Andrew - Thanks a lot for co hosting and giving us a place to play. PS - That is by far the coolest garage I have ever seen...EVER. If you guys ever come up for DDR or whatever give me a call, you should have my # by now.

Jacot - Remember what I told you about trying to get out of those shines. You show promise of getting much better. Just keep practing up.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Thanks for making this a great tournament. I think we're all improving quite a bit, I hope to see the rest of you there next time; I know some of you couldn't make it.

Jacot

Smash Rookie
Red, the tape is devas. he set it down but didnt pick it back up. I think he was going to record some matches

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
alright,I guess I'll return it to deva when I can.And RC,I'll work on the Down B with my Luigi.

Chip.

you know what to do
WHAT!? Brady beat R.C. too? Wow, good job man. Deva I think did well against him too I think.

I couldn't beat him once. Not even once.

Ever.

There were times when they were just too close and either of us could've gotten the win but he prevailed, even in the final matches, which were epic.

But, yeah, thanx for coming to the tournament R.C. ^_^, and it was nice to meet you. I'm curious though are you going to Dan's?

Oh yeah, I forgot, here the results from the doubles tourney in case people care:

1st-R.C. & iSam-???
2nd-Chip & Deva-Team Seven Years
3rd-Peaches & M3tr01D-Team SHRAAAAT!

Yup.

Yeah, Wolf, we're planning on heading to Dan's for sure, but we need to find out how many people are going in Gerrick's van :confused:. And I also believe that that is our tape :psycho: thanx.

Chip.

you know what to do
Oh man, I totally forgot to record some vids of us XD! Darn, I wanted to at least record the final matches between RC and I. Darn, sorry everyone :(

Deva

Smash Lord
Whaddya mean "too" ?
Oh, I beat David twice in friendles but we were doing match sets of three and I only won one round out of the three in two of the match sets so technically I still lost. I won one round at the tournament but I lost the match so overall, I still lost. I mean, how are you supposed to beat someone who calls himself **** City.

Shoutouts:

David: **** City basically defines it, Nice job. I agree with Brady, there's no way I won the few rounds that I did unless you were sandbagging. Good to see you again though. We need to play more often. I'm willing to make the drive out to pullman to smash sometime if it's alright.

Chip: I have that stupid older brother complex. I choke when I play you since your my younger brother. Got to work on that. You played surprisingly well against David.

Alex: Yeah, sliding around with our down b was awsome lol. Your Fox has definately improved.

Garrick: Good to see you again, sorry I didn't get to play you. BTW, thanks for finding my tape.

Jason: you've gotten a lot better. focus on using the shffled nair with Link a bit more. you can combo it into a hook shot. Nice matches against you at the Tourney.

iSam: Nice to finally meet/play you.

Jacot: Didn't get to play you but hopefully i'll see you again soon.

Nathan: Your Shiek is getting better. though you would be at a disadvantage, it might be better to use your Peach against me since it is your main.

Andrew: Thanks for being a great host. You have a great place for a tourney.

As of this tourney, my quest to four stock all the competetive Fox players in Eastern washington with Link is almost complete. So far I have Ashtten, RedYoshi, and M3tr01d.

iSam.....I'm comming for you:laugh: jk.

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Deva and Eastern WA crew, you are welcome to come down ANYTIME to smash. Just let me know ahead of time so I can gather the others here at WSU for you.

Top Bottom