• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spokane Warmup tournament 4/07

Peaches

Smash Lord
Warmup tournament on the 7th. Show up at noon, tournament will start around 3 ish. We will kick people out by 10 PM.

Single character only tournaments and low-tier might be done, the regular tournament will take priority. $1 entry, winner takes all. Double elimination, single rounds.

RULES:

Double Elimination, Best 2 out of 3. 4-stock, timer set to 7:00 minutes, no items, the following stages are banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Termina, Onett, Flat Zone, Yoshi's Island 64, DK stage (WHichever one has rap), DK stage (whiever one has teh river), Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom I + II, Venom, Poke Floats. AND Brinstar Depths. AND Icicle Mountain.

ALL OTHER STAGES ARE ON RANDOM.
I know this is weird, but I figure we need work on counter picking a little. And this will definitely force that. In fact you probably won't even notice.

You cannot choose a stage that you previously played on in that set.

Sudden deaths will be decided by percentage.

Double Blinds are allowed, and encouraged.

The Winner has to pick character first, then the loser chooses a character and stage.

I think that covers it (No physical interaction outside the game, no rigged controllers, please be civil to each other; I don't want any trash talk, etc.)

EDIT: ADDRESS is 30 S Overlook Rd Liberty Lake, WA 99019

BTW, if you really care about the stage selection; we can work something out.

Any sleeping arrangements or special directions can be gotten through my phone number 509-863-7136.

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Stuff/map01.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Stuff/map02.png

DIRECTIONS:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...&sspn=1.087887,3.010254&ie=UTF8&z=11&t=h&om=1

brdy_

Smash Lord
Impeccable mapmaking skills.

Is there any way I could snag a ride to this from the downtown plaza? Ehhhh?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
lol @ $1 entry fee.this probably won't be a big tournament.I'll be up for some mm's.

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
How bout we up to stakes to atleast 5$ entry? Still 10$ lower then GC tournies...

RedYoshi, 5$ MM? Falcon vs whatever?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I'll accept any mm's for this tournament.

Chip,Did deva tell you anything in particular about my mewtwo?

R.C. , wanna do some warmups with me?

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
I'll accept any mm's for this tournament.

Chip,Did deva tell you anything in particular about my mewtwo?

R.C. , wanna do some warmups with me?
Ya I'll do warmups. Buuut, you accept a MM now, you can't back down after warmups. Same goes for me. Accept?

David is such a terrible person.
Look at him hustle Eastern Washington. tisk tisk.

"As long as I get mah money"

Peaches

Smash Lord
Did I write $1 entry fee?

lol

I was actually thinking $5 would be fine. Well. . . if I provide food I'll make it $10.

So, $10 should be fine with everyone right?

brdy_

Smash Lord
*scrounges for cash*

But seriously, can anyone pick me up from the plaza for this? Garrick? Metroid? Nick? Deva?

We can MM, Chip.

RC? MM? Idk how much money I'll have left xD

RedYoshi, I'll MM you as well. 2 dollars?

I'll also MM anyone but Deva because I play him too often.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
*scrounges for cash*

But seriously, can anyone pick me up from the plaza for this? Garrick? Metroid? Nick? Deva?

I accept your MM Chip.

RC? MM? Idk how much money I'll have left xD

RedYoshi, I'll MM you as well. 2 dollars?

I'll also MM anyone but Deva because I play him too often.
ummm sure I can mm for $2 brady,I mean I need to check how much money I have left first.

Peaches

Smash Lord
I'll money match in Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Marvel, DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Project Justice, Garou MOTW.

BTW guys, how's homemade Pizza and soft serve ice cream sound? ALso, there's a nice DDR pad there and an arcade machine.

Who is bringing a TV? I'd like one, possibly 2 more. We have 3 TVs already with 2, possibly 3 GC setups.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Oh, wait. I've got a nother one. That makes 4 TVs, just need an extra GC with smash. EDIT: couldn't hurt to have another though.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I can bring the GCN with Smash as long as I can get a ride from the bus station or somewhere. XD
I won't be able to get to the bus station until like 3:30 or 4:00 tho, that's the only thing =\

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
heres what I'll be bringing

1.VCR
2.Memory card
3.food(Like chips and donuts)
4.Money.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
heres what I'll bring

1.Me
2.N64+smash+controllers
3.Gamecube+memorycard+smash
4.Money to enter tourney+sidestuff

So, how much is entry fee going to be if it isn't $1? Also, is this location a house or a business?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I'll money match in Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Marvel, DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Project Justice, Garou MOTW.

BTW guys, how's homemade Pizza and soft serve ice cream sound? ALso, there's a nice DDR pad there and an arcade machine.

Who is bringing a TV? I'd like one, possibly 2 more. We have 3 TVs already with 2, possibly 3 GC setups.
i'll mm you $5 at SF2 Turbo (or the one that came out after that with fei long/cammy/etc). not cause im good at it or anything. it's just that $5 sounds like a good number, and i like playing sf2. i havent played in ages tho

note: i wont be at the tourney because i have prior engagements but in the future i will mm my TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER UPPERCUT sagat or HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN ken against whatever you do. i just hope its not bison.

Chip.

you know what to do
Not to be a party pooper but Deva and I have a good chance of not coming to this one.

I'm grounded as of right now

and Deva also has work on the day of the tourney

BUT!

I have a slim chance of buttering up my parents/cleaning room/ Xtra studying to get off the hook

and Deva has a slight chance of MAYBE having someone cover his shift for him.

Soooo we basically have an itty bitty chance of coming to this tourney :p sorry everyone.

But if I can come

Also, R.C. You. Me. no MM...

ROFL, I keed, I'll mm you bro :laugh:. I'll have to check if I have any money left that is after these mm though so maybe not:psycho:

PS-SlyD, if you're reading this I've found your secret whereabouts and I'm coming over to your house right now kthxbai

(parents are gone so the won't know my sneaking out :chuckle:)

EDIT: nevermind, you're at your parents house so screw that me coming over part >_>

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
NO MM ?! ah alright Chip, that's fine. anyways, yes Brdy, I accept your MM offer. Also, 10$ entry fee is perfectly fine with me.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
you guys aren't gonna be there? bummer. I wanted to play deva's falco. Tell someone to cover his shift.

o yeah and I guess young link is awesome too. sort of. :laugh:

Chip.

you know what to do
>_>.. Hey now, my Young Link beats Deva's Falco 98% of the time we friendly. His Falco is **** compared to his Link >_>. I would know, believe me.

Peaches

Smash Lord
****, I'm not too good at SF2. SF3 is more my stuff. But I'll play SF2, I've only got Anniversary Edition on PS2, but that's pretty good. I guess I just use Ryu.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
****, I'm not too good at SF2. SF3 is more my stuff. But I'll play SF2, I've only got Anniversary Edition on PS2, but that's pretty good. I guess I just use Ryu.
ah, my favorite. sagat vs ryu. i usually lose against ryu. :/

HADOUKEN TIGER HADOUKEN TIGER HADOUKEN TIGER SHURIYUKEN TIGER AYAAAAYAAAAYAAA

Deva

Smash Lord
Alright, I couldn't get anyone to cover my shift but my manager said I could show up a couple hours late so I could stay till about five or six. If everyone shows up around noon then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'll bring
VCR
GCN
SSBM
like 5 controllers
memory card
Chip

Also, MMs anyone? I'll even take one with R.C if it's ok.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
hey metroid,I was just wondering if you want to team up at ssb64 with me?

I'll be up for a low tier tournament.

can we have an ssb64 tourney?

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I couldn't get anyone to cover my shift but my manager said I could show up a couple hours late so I could stay till about five or six. If everyone shows up around noon then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'll bring
VCR
GCN
SSBM
like 5 controllers
memory card
Chip

Also, MMs anyone? I'll even take one with R.C if it's ok.
I accept. Falcon v Link ?

brdy_

Smash Lord
Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to make it if you guys are all gonna be there by noon. I work until 3 and I have to take the bus from Cheney which won't be at the plaza until 4:00 (I checked the bus schedule). The bus out to Liberty Lake doesn't run on weekends, so I can't take a bus to the tourney. If someone could get me a ride around then that would be amazing. I keep saying this but no one is responding at all, is there a boycott against answering my posts or what? lol

PS: I'm over at the EWU lab in Spokane working by myself.. there's not a soul in here besides me, and I've only seen one person walk by the front entrance since I started my shift. This job is going to be too easy lol (but a little boring). I think I'm gonna play some MKDS.

Chip.

you know what to do
I honestly don't know if I can go XP

maybe, though, so I guess you guys can get your hopes up.

I'll mm you, R.C., if I still have any money that is :urg:

Top Bottom