• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spoiler-free Subspace Emissary discussion.

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
DON'T READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Krystal is in Brawl!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Okay that was a test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She may or may not be in brawl!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
DON'T READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Krystal is in Brawl!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Okay that was a test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She may or may not be in brawl!
she is in brawl...

Darkurai

Smash Master
she is in brawl...
Kinda.

At any rate, the fact that the Ancient Minister has an identity is not a spoiler. AM's identity has been speculated on and debated over since his existance was first revealed. I remember one thread that even said he was probably the body behind the hands.

NukeA6

Smash Master
i don't want to know the plot line, i just want to know how long it is to complete.

Does anyone know?
From the reviews in GameFAQS (don't go there since some of them got character spoilers), Subspace is around 3-5 hours. There was one guy who said 7 hours as well.

That's all I know about Subspace and it will stay that way until March 9. Just 35 more days....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heheheehe. I can assure you, you'll never ever, not never, guess who the Ancient Minister is.

He's actually

Kehehe.
I did...

It was quite easy

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Quit!!!!!!!! no more discussing and hinting/posting spoilers!!!!!!1 even if they are in tags!!!!

got it?

kk
There wasn't actually anything in his spoilers...

and mine just said I figured everything in the story out beforehand

Well, all except
the final boss and Ganondorf's role

Nibwoddle

Smash Apprentice
You do realise all I said was "..........................." in spoiler tags.

Despite me knowing exactly what the SSE plot is, I still don't know much about the gameplay of it, and it actually looks a tad boring.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Does Subspace Emissary have different music from of those of the stages and CDs?

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if you can replay any level you want with any character/duo you want?

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
well most people say 5hours, so with everybody, thatd be 5hours*
chars, soooo
hours? man thats long
but idunno if my info's accurate ^_^

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm just curious as to how long it takes to play through the game. Anyone know?
The shortest I've heard was around 3 hours (I'm guessing he speeded throughout the whole thing). But the longest is around 10 hours.

Take your pick.

ruel

Smash Cadet
well most people say 5hours, so with everybody, thatd be 5hours*
chars, soooo
hours? man thats long
but idunno if my info's accurate ^_^
Well... you don't get to choose what ever character you want for a level. You get to choose between 2-4 or so characters in a level. The characters you can pick depend on the storyline. But once you beat a level you can go back to it with any character you have unlocked.

Corin

Smash Lord
SSE doesn't have any actual voices in it, but it does have grunts, and character noises. I was kind of sad to find that out, myself (someone asked about voices, someone said no, I felt I should elaborate).

I've spoiled some of it for myself, and I'm keeping a bunch of it secret for myself. But I have to say I really like the way it's set up. As far as length goes, I'd heard 10 hours to complete the entire SSE, and I kind of hope that's true (as opposed to the 3-5 I saw earlier in this thread).

It'll be interesting since it forces you to use characters you might not use, otherwise. I'll probably just hole myself up and play through SSE as soon as I get Brawl.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
well not too many (if any at all) of nintendo's games actually have full fledged voice acting, so really you shouldnt be expecting brawl to....plus for characters like link and samus, who have been mute since their debuts, itd just be too weird....

but thats true, and i really like that about it

prettygoodyear said:
Samus had quite the lenghtly opening speech in Super Metroid.
touché

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
well not too many (if any at all) of nintendo's games actually have full fledged voice acting, so really you shouldnt be expecting brawl to....plus for characters like link and samus, who have been mute since their debuts, itd just be too weird....

but thats true, and i really like that about it
Samus had quite the lenghtly opening speech in Super Metroid.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Well, I haven't spoiled anything about the SSE, besides what the dojo gave us.

That *SPOLEIRZ* vid was so sweet.

the one with the purple.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
i hope the difficulty level doews change some enemies and bosses, but dsoesnt change the storyline too much. ive personally seen more than i wanted to know about sse,(final boss, characters teaming up, character roles, etc.) but ive decided to stay away from anything more. i really want to enjoy subspace and be suprised, but i accidently found a HUGE subspace spoiler. its just like finding out the ending of a book.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ The difficulty changes, but bots still suck. And theSSE is about 4 to 5 hours in length, and whatever times that per character if you wish to beat it with EACH character [which will be long]. It's a nice distratcion, basically. Nothing too big, but it's still GREAT, and the boss fights are good. Still, for a 2D game, it seems WAYYYY TOO EASYYY!!! I saw a total n00b beat the SSE on Insane, and he didn't use any technichs, spacing, he rarely shielded, grabbed only a few times [and missed all but two times], never airdodged, etc. If you know how to sheild [and sheild a lot], the SSE shall be easy, guarenteed.

As long as you see it as a nice distratcion from the main game, you'll be satified, guarenteed. ;)

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
I've been attempting to avoid all the SSE spoilers that I can, but this was the only one that I couldn't avoid.

Is this a big spoiler, or is it alright that I know this one? Cause if this was like the big secret in the game, I'd be pretty down...
As far as I know, it's one of the game's biggest secrets. Don't look into it.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
I had a brief interview with someone of secret and I got information on the Ancient Minister and who he truly is.

Snake, you know who that is?

You're kidding, right? It's Mario!

Thanks.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
heyyyyy now thats interesting....
now which one's which? im hoping for the less detailed one as the enemy. but honestly the only difference is detail

Top Bottom