• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spoiler-free Subspace Emissary discussion.

Fawriel

Smash Master
One of the few things that a PAL-region player like me can possibly avoid is the plot of SSE, and a lot of people seem to agree...
But there might still be some questions that could come up regarding it...

Though I can only think of one, but there must be more than that.

My question is, does the difficulty setting influence anything but the difficulty? In Melee, playing in medium or higher plus being fast enough would yield you a different final boss. Do you have to play at a certain difficulty to unlock characters, or does the plot even change? I'm planning to start playing on Easy in order to just jump right into it without any practice beforehand. But I do want to unlock characters quickly.
Remember, no spoiling actual plot points or characters! :p

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hmmmm, I never thought about that...I hope not. I loved running through Melee on easy to get my characters. It was quick and fun. ^_^

By the way, poor you. I feel bad that I can't even wait a month, yet you have to wait...longer... T_T

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I feel bad for PAL region as well, I mean... Your release date hasn't even been announced. I can't imagine how much that sucks.

I actually do hope to see different final bosses, especially for Intense mode. I happened to wander the internet and saw a picture of some fellow who made me think of Tron. Now, if that was SSE spoilers, I'm sorry, but I'm sure most of us have seen it. He could be a common enemy, I dunno. My point is that he could be a manifestation of the ancient minister, or something. My mind strays that far out of reality because... well, the story was co-written by the guy who made the FF7 storyline, and seeing that game.... well, anything is really possible.

But yeah, multiple form Final Bosses in Smash is awesome. Worked for Giga Bowser.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
yeah that would be cool though

i wish it would come out sooner in the u.s and europe

(i live in the us)

the story looks awesome though i am a bit tempted to just go and look up people who posted it online..................... but im not

Eagle

Smash Lord
I really want to know everything I can about the SEE but I'm trying hard not to spoil it...

I want to experience it first-hand on my own.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmmm, I never thought about that...I hope not. I loved running through Melee on easy to get my characters. It was quick and fun. ^_^

By the way, poor you. I feel bad that I can't even wait a month, yet you have to wait...longer... T_T
Ah well, it's not THAT bad. Sort of.

I feel bad for PAL region as well, I mean... Your release date hasn't even been announced. I can't imagine how much that sucks.
Heh...

It might actually be better for us that we don't know the release date, if you catch my drift. XD

But yeah, fighting Giga Bowser was cool... I hated how that was the only way, though, because the AI in Melee freaks me out. I got borderline traumatic experiences from that...

Fawriel, your sig is awesome, lol.
I know, right! *sheepish grin*

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
W00t. finally spoiler free emissary conversation. personally, i bet you need to be on easy to unlock characters, as sakurai made a point that his friend beat it on easy in the iwata asks interview.

dojo spoilers below (being safe)

but it looks like i'm wrong, as in todays update ness is unlocked in emissary by getting him to join your party, plus doing the required. so i'm going to say it doesn't matter what difficulty your on, as long as you get to them

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
thanks for the tag. me being an Aussie Pal player, i am hung up on Spoilers no SSE spoilers. For Characters i am not very hung up on them. But! i will unlock all the characters myself! no hints!

but i would like to know the basic plot outline with no spoilers.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well... Weird person from "subspace" pops up and blows up a bomb, locals are pissed.

Works for me.

EDIT: You know, wouldn't it be wise to have signatures automatically turned off in this subforum? A bunch of people have references to the new characters and such in theirs...

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yeah that would be nice for the people who are avoiding characters. i know the characters but i do not want to know how the unlock them. pissed locals? sounds like a job for ACA ( probably don't get that) some people will

Blackadder

Smash Master
I've already spoiled some of the SSE... one time on unfortunate accident, and another time a vid had Snake in it -- I couldn't resist watching. Thankfully it was only 30 seconds.

Speaking of Snake in SSE, I'm hoping Hayter will get some good conversations in. Not MGS length, obviously, but good enough to showcase his talent and badassery. I shall squee if we get a good deal of CODEC calls along the way.

...yes, I know I'm putting too much hype on Snake and SSE, but come on! :laugh:
Oh, and Snake needs to die, and Mario needs to go "Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAKE!"

Off the Snake topic (For JUST a tick...) I really hope SSE gets a good story. While a cute little "Everyone gets off the bus" idea is nice, I'd like a true story. A giant crossover film, if you will. If the 5 hour plus time to finish it all is true, I'm sure it's what we'll get. ...I'm really into SSE, you know. Only just relised myself.

Also, Snake.

i know the characters but i do not want to know how the unlock them. pissed locals?
I know how to unlock Ness and Marth, and from what they hint at, we'll all have every character in the game in about 50 minutes. Tops. :urg: :(

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
thanks for the tag. me being an Aussie Pal player, i am hung up on Spoilers no SSE spoilers. For Characters i am not very hung up on them. But! i will unlock all the characters myself! no hints!

well, its not SSE spoilers, they just started putting how to unlock hidden characters on the dojo, but i respect people's want to not be spoiled, as i don't want emmisary spoilers :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who do you all think the Ancient Minister is? Hmm...

Round glowing eyes look suspicious...

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
i don't want to know the plot line, i just want to know how long it is to complete.

Does anyone know?

Blackadder

Smash Master

Oh yeah, that's another SSE spoiler I've run into. Thanks Fawriel. ;)

i don't want to know the plot line, i just want to know how long it is to complete.

Does anyone know?
I've heard that Famitsu said it'll take a good long 5 hours to do a single run through. I've only heard of this, though --may not be true. I hope it is though! :bee:

Darkurai

Smash Master
I've seen a lot of the Subspace Emissary, including the ending (which I won't spoil), and I promise you it's amazing.
And near the end there is the most awesome cut scene in the history of awesome.

And none of you will ever guess who the Ancient Minister is. Ever.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
thanks for telling us the ancient minister is somebody who is not the ancient minister.

don't post anything! that relates to subspace that we do not know.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman

I've been attempting to avoid all the SSE spoilers that I can, but this was the only one that I couldn't avoid.

Is this a big spoiler, or is it alright that I know this one? Cause if this was like the big secret in the game, I'd be pretty down...

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman

i was referring to the quote about his eyes.
I was just going off of the implication that he knew the answer to the question he was posing (about the Ancient Minister) and since I knew the answer as well, I was wondering if it was a big surprise or not.

There's been no spoilers here, sir.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
thanks for telling us the ancient minister is somebody who is not the ancient minister.

don't post anything! that relates to subspace that we do not know.
Yeah, seriously. Don't even post hints or raise questions.

And yes, Uchiha.Sanosuke, there have been spoilers because you all have been talking about something (
the Ancient Minister's identity
) which would not have occurred as a mystery to nearly anyone (
most people would have merely thought that the Ancient Minister was simply that... the Ancient Minister, not someone else in disguise
), and even if you did not give the answer to said mystery, the fact that there is a mystery about it to begin with is a spoiler in itself. PsychoIncarnate, giving hints about the mystery (
talking about the Ancient Minister's eyes
) is a spoiler, too, as it might lead some to figure out the answer rather than it being revealed to them by the game itself as a surprise.

(Btw, nothing that I've put in spoiler tags is anything which has not already been said in this thread... I just wanted to protect innocent bystanders.)

I don't know the answer to this mystery, but I didn't even want to know that it was something which should be considered.

So, bottom line... in a spoiler-free thread, don't say ANYTHING that relates even remotely to the plot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, seriously. Don't even post hints or raise questions.

And yes, Uchiha.Sanosuke, there have been spoilers because you all have been talking about something (
the Ancient Minister's identity
) which would not have occurred as a mystery to nearly anyone (
most people would have merely thought that the Ancient Minister was simply that... the Ancient Minister, not someone else in disguise
), and even if you did not give the answer to said mystery, the fact that there is a mystery about it to begin with is a spoiler in itself. PsychoIncarnate, giving hints about the mystery (
talking about the Ancient Minister's eyes
) is a spoiler, too, as it might lead some to figure out the answer rather than it being revealed to them by the game itself as a surprise.

(Btw, nothing that I've put in spoiler tags is anything which has not already been said in this thread... I just wanted to protect innocent bystanders.)

I don't know the answer to this mystery, but I didn't even want to know that it was something which should be considered.

So, bottom line... in a spoiler-free thread, don't say ANYTHING that relates even remotely to the plot.

WRONG

I assure you, most people have been discussing who the Ancient Minister truly is for a long time...or even IF he is someone...

We even had a big thing about him being...

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
i think this thread is for people who dont want to know the real subspace plot, and just want to talk about what has been revealed in things other then leaks.
Okay, clear and simple. Thanks a lot for that. ^_^" I actually didn't know what I was doing...sorry if I caused any trouble.

katanagash

Smash Apprentice
The only differences I can imagine with higher difficulties is smarter CPUs, more hp for bosses, attacks from enemies probably hurt like hell, and you might have a lower chance of getting recovery items. As far as "new bosses" go, I don't really have much thought of that happening.

Top Bottom