• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It would be super nice if, at the same time the DQ content was being added, that they brought the FF content up to par with the other franchises in the game. More music. A bunch of spirits. Etc.

I doubt so. Maybe they'll throw FF7 a little bone and add in a Sephiroth costume or a Tifa costume, but that'd be about it.
I kinda wish they'd do the Persona thing and make the Mii costumes protags from other FF games, instead of more FF7 characters.

Squall costume that's usable by Swordsman OR Gunner. :p

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
It would be super nice if, at the same time the DQ content was being added, that they brought the FF content up to par with the other franchises in the game. More music. A bunch of spirits. Etc.

I kinda wish they'd do the Persona thing and make the Mii costumes protags from other FF games, instead of more FF7 characters.

Squall costume that's usable by Swordsman OR Gunner. :p
Hopefully not so we get an excuse for a FF DLC Pack :p

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So, I was thinking, in a future game, if Nintendo were to replace the 4 recolor skins with 4 additional Hero skins, which would they be, and what would their sword/shield be?

Personally, the 3 Heroes that I would have to leave out would be 7(he's a different height than all the other Heroes) and 9 and 10(who are player created and even though there are "official" appearances for them, they can technically look however the player wants them to).

As for sword/shield:
1 and 2 should have Erdrick's Sword and Shield as, like with Erdrick and Luminary, they're their strongest weapons in their game(2 has some stronger weapons, but they're either cursed, or end up being generic weapons later in the series).

5 should use the Metal King Sword and Shield. They're his strongest weapon and shield, and they were first introduced in that game.

6 should use the same Zenithian Sword and Shield like 4. The Metal King equipment IS in DQ6 and is technically better, but the Zenithian gear is his big story-based final gear.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Looking at the poll, Its kind of funny how Luminary was the "least likely" of the Squaresoft 7.
Yeah I think most of the people voting were under the impression it'd be Erdrick with 4 costumes being of the female variant instead of the group we got.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
So, I was thinking, in a future game, if Nintendo were to replace the 4 recolor skins with 4 additional Hero skins, which would they be, and what would their sword/shield be?

Personally, the 3 Heroes that I would have to leave out would be 7(he's a different height than all the other Heroes) and 9 and 10(who are player created and even though there are "official" appearances for them, they can technically look however the player wants them to).

As for sword/shield:
1 and 2 should have Erdrick's Sword and Shield as, like with Erdrick and Luminary, they're their strongest weapons in their game(2 has some stronger weapons, but they're either cursed, or end up being generic weapons later in the series).

5 should use the Metal King Sword and Shield. They're his strongest weapon and shield, and they were first introduced in that game.

6 should use the same Zenithian Sword and Shield like 4. The Metal King equipment IS in DQ6 and is technically better, but the Zenithian gear is his big story-based final gear.
All I ask for is Sofia.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
A PR statement doesn't deconfirm anybody lol. You should know by now how old that gets and what can happen anyway.
True I mean Grant Kirkhope did say don’t hold your breath for Banjo. And it just turns out he was working on Banjo’s music for Smash the whole time lol. Also how great is it that we now have western composers in Smash? Definitely opens the door to future possibilities!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What are people thinking when it comes to Mii costumes for DLC Pack 2? Do you think they'll mostly stick with Dragon Quest or do you think they'll branch out to other Square properties? As Geno's is a simple port, it's probably going to be one of them but I kind of doubt he'd be the only non-DQ related one aside from maybe the return of the Chocobo hat.
I think they'll be lazy and just bring back the old ones. Maybe add a DQ one but I doubt it. If there's a single new one I would expect Crono.

StormC

Smash Hero
Looking at the poll, Its kind of funny how Luminary was the "least likely" of the Squaresoft 7.
Using Luminary as the face because he's the one international gamers would actually recognize is a stroke of genius and I can't believe I didn't think of it.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Give me some of that sweet sweet Windmill Hills.
Yes! Another Windmill Hills music fan, I am so disappointed that this song was not included in Smash Ultimate. Its so catchy, hopefully next Smash it makes it to the music for DK stages.

Also I really wanted The Korok Forest song from Breath of the Wild in Smash, but thats a topic for another time ha.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
What are people thinking when it comes to Mii costumes for DLC Pack 2? Do you think they'll mostly stick with Dragon Quest or do you think they'll branch out to other Square properties? As Geno's is a simple port, it's probably going to be one of them but I kind of doubt he'd be the only non-DQ related one aside from maybe the return of the Chocobo hat.
Geno and Chocobo are a given. That much is certain.

Other than that I would assume we'd get a couple Dragon quest outfits like how Joker got some of the Persona Wildcards.

It's probably too much to ask but I'm hoping for a Tifa mii brawler outfit. It fits so perfectly.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
The lack of female alts is pretty disappointing, though Tansut's post implies that's more on Square-Enix's end.

The reactions will be interesting if Kazooie is technically the only female character on the Pass.
To be fair to Tansut, and I guess the other leakers who also thought female alts would be involved, things do change in between development tons of times. Maybe they did had female alts, but decided to scrap the we’ll never know unless Sakurai tell us himself!

Also them choosing the Luminary for DQ instead of Erdrick for “The Hero” makes perfect sense! Dragon Quest 11 was already out by the time the DLC was getting made and chosen. Erdrick was just a name that got tossed around in the mix because he came from one of the more popular DQ games.

Maybe Erdrick was considered to be the face for the Hero early on, but got turned into an alt in favor of the more recent hero to be the face. He does has the focus in the final Smash, so maybe he really was considered but it was scrapped. Things like that happen during development.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
A bit late but I must say Hero looks very interesting even if they're not my preferred character choice
Also kinda funny to think that dragon quest already has more spirits that ff via the 4 protagonist alts alone

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
A bit late but I must say Hero looks very interesting even if they're not my preferred character choice
Also kinda funny to think that dragon quest already has more spirits that ff via the 4 protagonist alts alone
It's also practically guarenteed that all the Heroes in the Final Smash will have Spirits too.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
i've never played dragon quest... but im kinda liking a lot eight's design... if i use The hero, i definitely will go with eight's....

But the worst of all is... why not sofia???? i really love her hair T.T

But yeah.. i pray every night at geno's star for squenix mii costumes...

Besides geno and chocob that i think are givens, and certainly other DQ heroes and Party character soculd make great costumes...

dude.. barret gunner and brawler tifa... why they havent done that???

(also a cecil swordsman, Noctis swordsman, balthier and fran gunners, etc... etc... etc.. there are so many T.T)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Probably Slime Hat, Geno Costume, Chocobo hat, maybe two more Mii costumes for DQ (Builders and Heroes protags)
Also, ngl, but I thought this was awesome. A true pity it didn't happen
If we get another Square rep, it will be either him or Sora.

Last edited by a moderator:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
If we get another Square rep, it will be either him or Sora.
As much as I prefer Sephiroth leagues more than Sora, I would be betting on Sora being chosen. ;_;
Either way, this game is already excellent with the cast it has now. The choices are usually on point and rich. Can't wait for the next reps.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
As much as I prefer Sephiroth leagues more than Sora, I would be betting on Sora being chosen. ;_;
Either way, this game is already excellent with the cast it has now. The choices are usually on point and rich. Can't wait for the next reps.
I mean... we have the FF7 remake soon to be released. so who knows. However, if we get another Square rep, it¨s probably in a potential fighter pass 2 (please let Sakurai take a long vacation before that happen if it does) But I agree. The game is already excellent and it have so much that we could ever imagine.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
New DQ5 movie trailer just released. Animation is 10/10.

First truly great video game movie on the way (hopefully)

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I wonder... if we could petition Square Enix and Nintendo that some of us are willing to pay as DLC for extra music so we can have more Final Fantasy melodies. We have yet to know how much DQ music there will be.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I wonder... if we could petition Square Enix and Nintendo that some of us are willing to pay as DLC for extra music so we can have more Final Fantasy melodies. We have yet to know how much DQ music there will be.
That would set a reaaaaal bad precedent. All the sudden all of the other 3rd party companies would want you to pay for their songs if Square Enix was making extra money.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
That would set a reaaaaal bad precedent. All the sudden all of the other 3rd party companies would want you to pay for their songs if Square Enix was making extra money.
Thanks for telling me. Of course this would be optional. If other companies want, I am willing to pay extra to Capcom for the Bubble Man theme.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You guys should put the poll up again with Erdrick and Luminary gone. :p

New DQ5 movie trailer just released. Animation is 10/10.

First truly great video game movie on the way (hopefully)
Hmm, they have him using the Zenithian Sword.

Last edited by a moderator:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, they have him using the Zenithian Sword.
I don't think so, I have been rewatching the scene and it seems to be someone else. Though with the timeline of the movie I also have doubts about how they will play this part. Time travel?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean, it SHOULD be his son. And you see him turned into a statue. So I'm wondering if they'll have that timeskip or not.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Detective Pikachu likes to have a word with you about that
Detective Pikachu, imo was decent. Had tons of missed potential.
This film seems to hit it right in the nail. But, I don't understand why people forget the later Pokemon anime films existed.
They are still animated films, and some of them were legit great

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm guessing because most people haven't seen them.

I know I stopped going after, like, the 2nd movie.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Detective Pikachu, imo was decent. Had tons of missed potential.
This film seems to hit it right in the nail. But, I don't understand why people forget the later Pokemon anime films existed.
They are still animated films, and some of them were legit great
Just watched Power of Us tonight and I think it was actually a pretty good movie. I know it's a low bar, but it really was the best Pokemon anime movie in my opinion.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Just watched Power of Us tonight and I think it was actually a pretty good movie. I know it's a low bar, but it really was the best Pokemon anime movie in my opinion.
I honestly don't think it is a low bar.
The Power of Us is not as good as some of the films from 10 years ago, imo.
The Diamond and Pearl trilogy is actually an excellent sequence of films

I'm guessing because most people haven't seen them.

I know I stopped going after, like, the 2nd movie.
Pretty fair point

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't know, I've always felt like the 3rd one (With Entei and the little girl) was the best one. Some pretty imaginative stuff they do with the Unown, and gets pretty heartwarming at times.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just won a local Smash Ultimate tournament... xD That felt good
I don't know, I've always felt like the 3rd one (With Entei and the little girl) was the best one. Some pretty imaginative stuff they do with the Unown, and gets pretty heartwarming at times.
I don¨t know if I call it the best but its certainly one of them

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I can't believe this thread has reached page 3 in the Newcomers topics section
Let alone me being the only one visiting this thread.
Man, time changes things quickly..
But I have the uncanny feeling that this thread won't die before the next Smash.

On a related subject, this trailer right here is ultimate hype

Kinda funny to see Cloud and Tifa have better designs in this game than the Remake. XD
And yes, even with Tifa nerfed here because they love to bring the Advent Children build for her back everytime.
The costume and the general look clicked with me better

I'll say, I still think Sephiroth will show up one day in Smash. If they want to expand the representation even further, in the distant future, Tifa should be the last fighter from FFVII to join Smash, imho.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll say, I still think Sephiroth will show up one day in Smash. If they want to expand the representation even further, in the distant future, Tifa should be the last fighter from FFVII to join Smash, imho.
To be honest, I agree with you. Those two are the only FF7 characters I want at this point, so I'd be satisfied if both get in.

Top Bottom