• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hot damn, just what I predicted. Luminary with multiple alts. As a general Hero too.

This is an amazing timeline. Also, tons of Slimes around in the main stage. Kick-ass!

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Might be gender biased, but did I see female hero skins in the trailer or not? Just make sure since I don't really follow DQ titles.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Pretty psyched that Seiken Densetsu 3(now Trials of Mana) is FINALLY getting released over here! And getting a remake to boot(though, if the Secret of Mana remake is any indication, it's not gonna be that great...)!
Might be gender biased, but did I see female hero skins in the trailer or not? Just make sure since I don't really follow DQ titles.
Only a couple of the games(3, 4, 9, 10) let you make your protagonist female.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They still have a chance to show up for erdrick and solo. I really think they'd be in. Hope they show us for sure soon.

Untouch

Smash Master
So is this gonna become a general rumour thread?
The only one really going right now is Imran Khan's rumour. (Banjo, Erdrick, Doomguy, Ryu).
While he did get Erdrick "wrong", so did Tansut and Verge, who likely had the right info.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
*deep breath*

Well, that was quite a ride.
Ever since I watched that LeakyPandy video, before this madness even started, I just could no longer imagine Smash Ultimate without a DQ character innit.

Then the actual leaks started coming out, the fake leaks which only made me even more hyped at the idea.

Well it’s been what it feels like an eternity, but we somehow pulled through. I hope I’ve remained civil throughout all this.

I’m going to be a bit sad to see this thread go. Couldn’t it undergo a name change perhaps?

So Hero was brave after all. Even more on the nose than I expected.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Teared up when I saw Eight, and my prediction of the multiple heroes in one slot is right. Amazing trailer and I'm happy for all the DQ fans - can't wait to play DQ11S!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It's over… we can FINALLY drop this… the relief is REAL. Ijust hope Geno mii costume is back with the DQ reps now...
Anyways, it was a pleasure hanging out with you guys! it's been a WILD ride.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Congrats to DQ fans, we made it! As far as who I wanted for Square I was going to be fine with either Dragon Quest or Sora, considering those are two of Square's biggest franchises not represented at all! I am still going to hold out hope for another possible Square rep and it ends up being Sora who takes one of the last two spots.

Speaking of the last two spots, can these guys please be a surprise! That's really my only hope for the rest of the Fighter's Pass! Don't let them be leaked! It seems like the leakers only know of the early characters, I'd be surprised if they who last two ends up being. I kinda hope that leakers and insiders leave the other two alone and let us be genuiely surprised when we see them in action.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I just want to say, in case this thread is locked, that it was a great thread and it was super fun to discuss Square Enix with you guys.

Also Eight is in wooooo!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just want to say, in case this thread is locked, that it was a great thread and it was super fun to discuss Square Enix with you guys.

Also Eight is in wooooo!
I would rather not have this leak locked, even if what founded it has been rendered mute. It's nice to have a place for general Square discussions.

I will say, this place did surpass all of our expectations, didn't it?

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
On behalf of us Banjobros, I just wanted to congratulate you Erdrickbros. With our combined strength, the evil known as Steve was defeated. I'm still in utter disbelief right now.

The Hero's trailer was epic (bonus points for Link in glorious cgi) the character looks great, can't wait to learn more about his moveset!

Very happy for all the DQ fans, the 4-in-1 character is a pleasant surprise.

So... this thread will probably be closed soon (or repurposed) so just wanted to say thx to everybody for sharing their love/passion for SE games also for taking part in this crazy episode of smash speculation, it was fun (mostly). Special thx to Nekoo Nekoo for creating the thread.

One last Chrono Trigger song for good measure :p

D

Deleted member

Man this thread was crazy but I'm so glad that the ride's finally over. It's still setting in with me, everything looks AMAZING.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I shall kinda miss the mystery this rep gave us. Met some awesome people during this time of spec.
I didn't get the rep I was hoping for, but I got the second best thing. And Banjo couldn't stop making me smile.
I love Sakurai and everything he does. This man puts so much love into all of this. Embraces classicism in gaming at its fullest.
I can't wait for what the future holds.

Congrats to our new Square reps!

Square.JPG

I don't want people to have false hopes, but I'm not into closing this thread yet.
We don't know if this FP will be the last of DLC this game would have. We don't know if we get a second one or even standalones.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Glad this can finally be put to rest. It got tiring to people dunk on DQ for the past 8 months just because they were jealous.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well I lost my bet to GoeGoe GoeGoe so I admit defeat, I will now be keeping King Slime as my profile pic until the end of the 1st DLC fighter pass. Congratulations to all the DQ and Banjo fans. And to all the Square fans the waiting is finally over, we finally know who it is.

Onto the next DLC speculation :).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well I lost my bet to GoeGoe GoeGoe so I admit defeat, I will now be keeping King Slime as my profile pic until the end of the 1st DLC fighter pass. Congratulations to all the DQ and Banjo fans. And to all the Square fans the waiting is finally over, we finally know who it is.

...What was the exact bet?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
...What was the exact bet?
We were both placing bets on who we thought the Square rep was. GoeGoe predicted that a DQ rep would be in. I predicted that Sora was going to be in. We agreed if I lost I had to change my profile pic to King Slime until the end of the fighters pass. If GoeGoe GoeGoe lost he had to change his profile pic to Sora.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
That doesn't explain the actual bet, just the consequence.
Sorry I just updated my original post, with more information about the bet.

Also GoeGoe GoeGoe and I discussed the Square rep for a long time. We had many discussions on why we thought our character would be chosen. GoeGoe said he believed Square would go in a new direction. I argued Square would stick to their previous cross promotion patterns. In the end he won ha :)

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Ah, okay. Makes sense now.
Yeah we had a lot of discussions, and actually Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth . GoeGoe GoeGoe had your exact same idea, he said he believed the Luminary would be in Smash and that people were sleeping on his possibility. Again another thing GoeGoe was right about. So in the end GoeGoe proved to be the better in our debate ha.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah we had a lot of discussions, and actually Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth . GoeGoe GoeGoe had your exact same idea, he said he believed the Luminary would be in Smash and that people were sleeping on his possibility. Again another then GoeGoe was right about. So in the end GoeGoe proved to be the better in our debate ha.
I mean, didn't you argue they would use a face that has more worldwide appeal too? Or was that another user?

I saw Luminary coming for that reason alone. Erdrick is too unknown in the West to be a reasonable face. Luminary had the advantage of a recent game too.

My only disappointments is the alts could be better. No female versions and no DQ1 Hero.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I mean, didn't you argue they would use a face that has more worldwide appeal too? Or was that another user?

I saw Luminary coming for that reason alone. Erdrick is too unknown in the West to be a reasonable face. Luminary had the advantage of a recent game too.

My only disappointments is the alts could be better. No female versions and no DQ1 Hero.
Iv argued that with multiple users, but the one I debated the most was GoeGoe GoeGoe . And yes I had argued Square would continue their globally popular trend. GoeGoe had argued Square would go in a new direction.

GoeGoe also said they believed that it could be a Luminary and Erdrick combo character. They also believed Slime could also be a character or part of a moveset. Which was true, at least in the Luminary and Erdrick combo. So in the end Square went in a new direction they changed from their previous cross promotion patterns and chose a non globally popular character. Which I’m still pretty surprised by, however it’s definitely exciting to see what else Square will do now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Iv argued that with multiple users, but the one I debated the most was GoeGoe GoeGoe . And yes I had argued Square would continue their globally popular trend. GoeGoe had argued Square would go in a new direction.

GoeGoe also said they believed that it could be a Luminary and Erdrick combo character. They also believed Slime could also be a character or part of a moveset. Which was true, at least in the Luminary and Erdrick combo. So in the end Square went in a new direction they changed from their previous cross promotion patterns and chose a non globally popular character. Which I’m still pretty surprised by, however it’s definitely exciting to see what else Square will do now.
Yeah. I'm glad they are using Heroes in international crossovers. Though their own crossovers is left to be seen. But to be fair, Sakurai came to them, so...

Anyway, I want to see how this magic system works.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
The dream scenario for me already happened," dream scenario +" is for DQ to come as a Enix rep, with Enix mii costumes, opening room for a Square character to be DLC.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's been a while, huh?

Well, looks like we're done here. I gotta say, this has been one of my favorite threads to ever partake in. From the first post:

GENO THREAD OUTDATED
OTHER OPTIONS OVERRATED
LONG WE HAVE WAITED

SQUENIX THREAD ACTIVATED
View attachment 181717
To my Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics meme, or my roasts of Luminary (look whos laughing now), or just shooting the **** with y'all.

Here are my final thoughts.

-If you guys remember me well, you may remember how fond I grew of Eight from Dragon Quest and how I said I'd actually be very happy if he was the DQ rep. Well, I got what I wanted. My weirdest little dream is realized. It's a great day.
-TPC WAS RIGHT
-I've come to terms with Genos fate for a few months now. Honestly, he's got a Spirit, an online icon, and maybe a Mii costume...I'm happy. I got Banjo-****ing-Kazooie, dude, how could I not be happy?
-I'm happy for the Erdrick fans. You guys went through a lotta ****, toughed it out, and got a damn fine character to boot.
-...**** the Luminary though I'm still salty LOL McDonald's hairline headass

I met some real fine folks in this thread and have a damn ton of fun memories.

After 6 months, looks like all our debates have come to a conclusion. Thank you all (especially Nekoo Nekoo ).

This may actually be my last big post on Smashboards in general, so thank y'all for having me. And please don't forget me when you see Sassy Geno!

D

Deleted member

Man, I had some fun here, even if I never want to hear the phrase "the stats fit" ever again in my life lol. 6 months of debating, but y'know what, I enjoyed it.
Congratulations Dragon Quest supporters. See y'all.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Cant wait to see when they announce the mii costumes coming with the DQ rep. I HOPE geno is back, for the sake of his fans…

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Man, I had some fun here, even if I never want to hear the phrase "the stats fit" ever again in my life lol. 6 months of debating, but y'know what, I enjoyed it.
Congratulations Dragon Quest supporters. See y'all.
BRAVE IS BANJO!
BRAVE IS ERDRICK!

Sakurai: :mybodyisreggie:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I had a good time discussing with you all about this mystery square rep. It was a roller coaster with a lot of twisty turns. Happy to see to ended on a good note.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

We were both placing bets on who we thought the Square rep was. GoeGoe predicted that a DQ rep would be in. I predicted that Sora was going to be in. We agreed if I lost I had to change my profile pic to King Slime until the end of the fighters pass. If GoeGoe GoeGoe lost he had to change his profile pic to Sora.
Sorry I just updated my original post, with more information about the bet.

Also GoeGoe GoeGoe and I discussed the Square rep for a long time. We had many discussions on why we thought our character would be chosen. GoeGoe said he believed Square would go in a new direction. I argued Square would stick to their previous cross promotion patterns. In the end he won ha :)
Yeah we had a lot of discussions, and actually Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth . GoeGoe GoeGoe had your exact same idea, he said he believed the Luminary would be in Smash and that people were sleeping on his possibility. Again another thing GoeGoe was right about. So in the end GoeGoe proved to be the better in our debate ha.

Thank you for keeping your word buddy.. looks good on ya XD (I'm truly laughing cause this really is an out of character avatar for you).

Anyways, things to point.. would love to keep ya a king, but we agreed on one week if I recall correctly.
Also, one more thing we argued came true.. Dai got in, albeit in the final Smash ;)
(if anyone is curious, Dai is the one wearing a blue helmet)

well, onto a serious matter, guys I know each and everyone has his/her dream but seriously, let's call for Goemon. There're no other characters left. I know a lot of you will argue that, but I don't know.. after those two.. who?

D

Deleted member

Learned a lot about Square Enix IPs from you all. Been a good six months

Top Bottom