• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Getting close to an hour left :)

Hoping we finally get to see some Tifa tonight :D

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I'm glad we saw Tifa. Her fighting feels good like i'd wanted :)

but aww, no Mana collection. Unless it's on the switch and could be shown tomorow..

Overall not bad tho. Expected a bit more after avengers stuff.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Square Enix's conference was wild, all things considered.

To focus on FF7R though: apparently they have playable demos of FF7R at the conference, gonna catch some impressions of how the game feels as they come out.

Honestly? I'm really impressed with how they mixed the real-time and turn-based aspects of the battle system. It looks so elegant and unconvoluted.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Square Enix's conference was wild, all things considered.

To focus on FF7R though: apparently they have playable demos of FF7R at the conference, gonna catch some impressions of how the game feels as they come out.

Honestly? I'm really impressed with how they mixed the real-time and turn-based aspects of the battle system. It looks so elegant and unconvoluted.
Yeah I think they did a real nice spin on having both real time action as well as slower strategy.
I'm sure a lot of people liked seeing that much of FF7r.

Unrelated, I was surprised they decided to bring Romancing Saga 3 after all this time, haha, but im actually tempted to get it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Loved FF7R. Loved DQXIS even though I already own the PS4 one. Loved FF8 and CC. Loved SaGa 3. Curious about Avengers. Definitely my fav presentation yet.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I do like that they brought back the stagger system from FFXIII. They brought back ATB in an interesting way as well. Already sounds like the combat system in the remake will be better than FFXV's (not that that's really saying anything).

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
The Square conference has defintely been my favorite until we see Nintendo's tomorrow. A good mix of expected stuff and some surprises, the only E3 conference that made me satisfied, again till tomorrow!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'd pretty much completely written off FF7 Remake after finding out it's an action game now. But now that I know that it basically has VATS, I'm kinda on board again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I'd pretty much completely written off FF7 Remake after finding out it's an action game now. But now that I know that it basically has VATS, I'm kinda on board again.
I agree. I'm totally sick of hearing about how turn-based games just wouldn't be accepted in today's market and that FFVII just had to change, as if the original didn't get as popular as it is with the battle system it had, but I'm pretty satisfied with the compromise they came to. They didn't just staple an FF menu-looking interface on a bad action game; it really looks like it hits a good balance between the action elements and what FFVII had (and a little FFXIII, which I wasn't expecting).

If it plays as good as it looks, I wouldn't even mind seeing this system used as the foundation for FFXVI's (or whatever), with some changes to spice it up.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm not necessarily against action RPGs, but after how much I disliked the combat in FFXV, I wasn't concerned when I heard FFVIIR would also have also be an action RPG.

From what I've seen so far though, as I've said above, things do look like they might be much better in FFVIIR atleast.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm not necessarily against action RPGs,
I'm against action RPGs that are remakes of games that weren't originally action RPGs.

When you remake a game, try to at least stay in the same genre as the original game.

Last edited:

T∅XIC HYDRA

Smash Cadet
I'm against action RPGs that are remakes of games that weren't originally action RPGs.

When you remake a game, try to at least stay in the same genre.
They tackled two approaches to it. You can play it like an action game or as more of a turn based strategy. That's a big part of the appeal. They literally let you choose between the two ways to play it in an attempt to reach out to old fans and new ones who want a new experience.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
The gameplay is an excelent and innovative idea on make a compromise of action and ATB systems. I loved it.
A bit worried about the number of parts and how long do we have to wait for the game to be ported. I don't want to buy a PS4 for one game, at all

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So.. some fun pre E3 press conference. What do you think will happen
A) Erdick gets in
B) Banjo gets in
C) Both get in
D) We get a Joker(s) situation all over again?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So.. some fun pre E3 press conference. What do you think will happen
A) Erdick gets in
B) Banjo gets in
C) Both get in
D) We get a Joker(s) situation all over again?
“Expected prediction characters” are fine, but I’m honestly hoping for another Joker situation and it’s someone that people wouldn’t had even thought of or it’s someone that’s been rumored for a company, but it’s not the character we thought. *Looking at you Square.*

Last edited:

timbo8

Smash Cadet
“Expected prediction characters” are fine, but I’m honestly hoping for another Joker situation and it’s someone that people wouldn’t had even thought of or it’s someone that’s been rumored for a company, but it’s not the character we thought. *Looking at you Square.*
it funny looking back at the fake smash ball it remind me of certain x in certain series now in this series the letter x is important then i remember a while back those dice that sakurai in the background now if i remember this person gimmick uses dice playing devil advocate here but could we be getting someone we didn't see coming

now im still going for erdick or banjo but let see what happens

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Enjoy the direct everyone. See you there :)

(2 hours left)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
MANA MANA MANA MANA MANA

Dq and now that, This is the best ****in direct ever!! :D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Best news ever... so far!

So hyped for Dragon Quest!

I got both Erdrick and Eight!!!!!!!!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can't believe they actually did it. They did 3, 4, 8 and 11. The best case scenario XD

The magic menu and everything. We actually get Snooze!!

Calane

Smash Ace
My dudes!! It's finally over! My dream has finally come true!

Dragon Quest is in Smash!!

Turtles in Time yeah.gif

Top Bottom