• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We did talk about changing the poll to have more characters at one point. I haven't seen Nekoo Nekoo in quite a while now though. And he hasn't posted in a month. So i dont know if something like that'll happen soon.

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot more characters on there for fun myself :)
I would gladly update the poll if a consensus is given. :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would gladly update the poll if a consensus is given. :)
If a good chunck of people still want a bigger poll, then sure. It should probably be a poll for who we'd want in smash, not who we think is likely, imo.
We could ask names that might be wanted for it for now.

I know Terra, Lara, and 2B could get up there.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If a good chunck of people still want a bigger poll, then sure. It should probably be a poll for who we'd want in smash, not who we think is likely, imo.

Discuss it among here and once a consensus is made, I'll update it.

Personally, I think "most likely" is a better thing for a poll here. It generates the most discussion.

However, I didn't make that topic and absolutely both kinds of discussions(who you think is most likely or who you want the most) are reasonable.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Personally, I think "most likely" is a better thing for a poll here. It generates the most discussion.

However, I didn't make that topic and absolutely both kinds of discussions(who you think is most likely or who you want the most) are reasonable.
Ok, well i'm all up for seeing what everyone thinks. Me I'd go with who's wanted, I think that would make it freer, and we'd get more votes spread around, and Ovaltine Ovaltine could actually put down geno :p

Let's see what gets talked about :)

D

Deleted member

I feel that poll should be just multichoice and just stating who do you want.
I would keep the 7 but pair the DQ heroes together and in addition of 2B, Terra and Lara Croft, I would add Neku Sakuraba, a Bravely Default rep (Agnes/Tiz/Edea/Ringabel), a mana rep, JC Denton/Adam Jensen among others.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I would keep the 7 but pair the DQ heroes together and in addition of 2B, Terra and Lara Croft, I would add Neku Sakuraba, a Bravely Default rep (Agnes/Tiz/Edea/Ringabel), a mana rep, JC Denton/Adam Jensen among others.
SMH, you remember JC Denton, but forget original Nier.

D

Deleted member

SMH, you remember JC Denton, but forget original Nier.
I haven't gotten to it so I couldn't remember. We could add something from Drakengard as well but Im not very familiar with the series.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'd love it too. Imagine DQ11 DLC for FF7 and vice versa. And I'm not just talking cosmetics.

Edit: Now I want the Luminary to fight Sephiroth haha.
whos the guy in your profile?

I mean Lara got 26th in Source Gamings poll, and 2B was very high too cant remember where tho, at least in the final count.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Uh-oh
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Way to kill my hype and faith that Sephiroth would break all expectations
Well then...With a Smash Tournament going on on the 9th and the famitsu after that THEN Nintendo Direct on the 11th...Things are looking good for DQ Rep. Also, expect the inevitable famitsu leak.

With all this, can we all agree IF Erdrick is announced as the next fighter, that he was the worst kept secret in Smash history? (Getting hype for this, but would have been more hyped if it was Joker levels of reveal)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well then...With a Smash Tournament going on on the 9th and the famitsu after that THEN Nintendo Direct on the 11th...Things are looking good for DQ Rep. Also, expect the inevitable famitsu leak.

With all this, can we all agree IF Erdrick is announced as the next fighter, that he was the worst kept secret in Smash history? (Getting hype for this, but would have been more hyped if it was Joker levels of reveal)
uh maybe Incineroar/Ken was? whatever.

Hate how DQ ...something niche that I wanted for a very long time wont be super exciting just will make me happy to finally see it....

D

Deleted member

I would agree, I think it would just be Erdrick vs not Erdrick at the end of the day.
This sounds better because it wouldn't cover a topic we've discussed to death in this thread.

kylexv

Smash Master
Thoughts about this leak?

Honestly, it could go either way, but I would be a fan if it were true.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

It's a confirmed fake. DLC doesn't get CG trailers.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

While I¨m not arguing about the possibility of an Earthbound collection being revealed for the sake of the 30 anniversary (which I know is the main argument for why Porky is getting in as DLC)., that photo screams photoshopped.

It's a confirmed fake. DLC doesn't get CG trailers.
To play Devil's advocate here. Joker did get an animated reveal trailer. Was it CG? No, but a trailer non the less. Don¨t get me wrong, I don¨t think it's real either, but I don´t think we should disqualify the chances of a "CG trailer" for a DLC character reveal.

Just like how it looked good for Steve for Smash due to them teasing something big for their 10-year anniversary? Don¨t get me wrong, Erdick could be the one, but that sure is not what the creator is teasing. Nintendo handles that. Not "insert company here". But yes, if Erdick (or any Square character for that matter) is in, it is the worst/one of the worst kept secret of all time.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To play Devil's advocate here. Joker did get an animated reveal trailer. Was it CG? No, but a trailer non the less. Don¨t get me wrong, I don¨t think it's real either, but I don´t think we should disqualify the chances of a "CG trailer" for a DLC character reveal.
2D animation is quicker and cheaper. Look at how the Sonic movie has to be delayed to fix the titular character's design.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Mana rep? yes plz.

I would agree, I think it would just be Erdrick vs not Erdrick at the end of the day.

This sounds better because it wouldn't cover a topic we've discussed to death in this thread.
That's why i think it'd be better to make about wants not chance, else it'll mostly be erdrick or sora voted.
Opening up discussion to lots of SE reps would be funner, imo, but if people are fine with how it already is, then we could just add more and at least not make it about the square 7.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
2D animation is quicker and cheaper. Look at how the Sonic movie has to be delayed to fix the titular character's design.
This is actually the exact opposite of the case.

3D animation is much MUCH cheaper, as you can just alter the model.

2D animation is usually drawn frame by frame. A much more tasking and demanding job. It’s why you rarely see 2D cartoons nowadays.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
uh maybe Incineroar/Ken was? whatever.

Hate how DQ ...something niche that I wanted for a very long time wont be super exciting just will make me happy to finally see it....
At the moment, I agree with Kencineroar being the worst, but since Square prides itself on keeping leaks in check and we would have known of a Square Rep for almost a year now...Nah Erdrick would be the worst kept secret IF true.

EDIT: REDACTED

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
At the moment, I agree with Kencineroar being the worst, but since Square prides itself on keeping leaks in check and we would have known of a Square Rep for almost a year now...Nah Erdrick would be the worst kept secret IF true.

Also yeah, change poll to is it Erdrick or not? Something simple.
That's the most boring poll ever. I wouldn't even vote if it were changed to that.

I'm also pretty tired of so many debates being around erdrick, one side or the other.. It gets annoying fast now.
We know there's been leaks and now people can either take it or leave it, so can we just move on to imagining all kinds of SE reps instead of fighting one side or the other all the time? It's not something i want to waste my time on.

And I definitely dont want to waste my time complaining about or arguing about hype levels due to people not knowing how to get hype for stuff.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
At the moment, I agree with Kencineroar being the worst, but since Square prides itself on keeping leaks in check...
I’m still really curious where this narrative even comes from. Most people I’ve seen cite Vergeben, taking his word for it while simultaneously using the claim to argue that he’s wrong.

Edit: anyway the DQ news on the 10th is likely related to DQ Monsters or DQ Heroes 3.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That's the most boring poll ever. I wouldn't even vote if it were changed to that.

I'm also pretty tired of so many debates being around erdrick, one side or the other.. It gets annoying fast now.
We know there's been leaks and now people can either take it or leave it, so can we just move on to imagining all kinds of SE reps instead of fighting one side or the other all the time? It's not something i want to waste my time on.

And I definitely dont want to waste my time complaining about or arguing about hype levels due to people not knowing how to get hype for stuff.
...I'm sorry? I am sorry I was the one that made you blow up?

OK, perhaps the poll could be, If we get a new Square Rep, what would you like to see represented?
-Final Fantasy Mii Costumes
-Dragon Quest Mii Costumes
-Additional FF VII music trakcs
-Nier Mii Costumes
-Final Fantasy Spirits
-Custom Victory Music
-Square Spirits not of the Rep

EDIT: No attacks good sir. If it was upsetting, I apologize. The poll should be more engaging.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
...I'm sorry? I am sorry I was the one that made you blow up?

OK, perhaps the poll could be, If we get a new Square Rep, what would you like to see represented?
-Final Fantasy Mii Costumes
-Dragon Quest Mii Costumes
-Additional FF VII music trakcs
-Nier Mii Costumes
-Final Fantasy Spirits
-Custom Victory Music
-Square Spirits not of the Rep
It's fine, people can talk about what they want. But I would think i'm not the only one who had enough, I'd probably just stop visiting this board if it just always gets back to arguing around erdrick.

I like that question but we could probably talk about it without a poll. I would enjoy any and all of those :p

I think the weird one would be if they added kingdom hearts mii costumes when someone else is a fighter. I can imagine KH fans being a bit upset that they'd gotten the rights to the series but only went with something less ;p

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It's fine, people can talk about what they want. But I would think i'm not the only one who had enough, I'd probably just stop visiting this board if it just always gets back to arguing around erdrick.

I like that question but we could probably talk about it without a poll. I would enjoy any and all of those :p

I think the weird one would be if they added kingdom hearts mii costumes when someone else is a fighter. I can imagine KH fans being a bit upset that they'd gotten the rights to the series but only went with something less ;p
Cool. I have mainly been in the Banjo Thread, so I tend to lose track of others.

I could not see Kingdom Hearts Mii Costumes happening unless Sora was the Rep.

The weirdest one...would be Life is Strange Mii Costumes... This, I hope, we can agree on.

Max and Chloe Mii Brawler Costumes when!?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Cool. I have mainly been in the Banjo Thread, so I tend to lose track of others.

I could not see Kingdom Hearts Mii Costumes happening unless Sora was the Rep.

The weirdest one...would be Life is Strange Mii Costumes... This, I hope, we can agree on.

Max and Chloe Mii Brawler Costumes when!?
Well maybe I went too strong on someone who isn't stubborn or anything, sorry if I did.
I think people would get a laugh if life is strange made it in, but I do think we'll get back some costumes we had for smash 4, and I do wonder how many more they'd be willing to add. I could see maybe adding a 2b mii costume.

If bravely default or octopath traveler would get acknowledged somehow (even just with spirits) i think that'd be really cool.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ehm. no, it's not. Also, even if it was it's not really that good of a comparison with the Sonic the Hedgehog movie considering that movie is more then likely a 2h (I say 2h because that's what these movies is usually these days) blockbuster compared to a 2 minute CG trailer for "insert character here"

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well maybe I went too strong on someone who isn't stubborn or anything, sorry if I did.
I think people would get a laugh if life is strange made it in, but I do think we'll get back some costumes we had for smash 4, and I do wonder how many more they'd be willing to add. I could see maybe adding a 2b mii costume.

If bravely default or octopath traveler would get acknowledged somehow (even just with spirits) i think that'd be really cool.
I really wish Nintendo and Square had added Octopath Traveler music to Smash Ultimate. Some of the music seems perfect for Smash, like the main battle theme. Honestly if they added paid DLC music and a part of it was from Octopath Traveler, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So we should not expect a second season pass? That is... alarming...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSEZm8WRVc&ab_channel=GameXplain
There's some good info in there. but yeah it's not promising for a second dlc pass, though it sounds like even if he doesnt like season passes he's not the one deciding (nintendo is).

I'm a bit more concerned about the last part, that apparently the win ratios online are close enough. And It sounds like they're not thinking of doing too much more balance patching :/
I guess i should be happy that they at least buffed jiggs and sheik a little, that i like, but i was hoping for more changes in the future too tho.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Kinda expected honestly.
Same... but its still dissapointing (and don't get me starter on the backlash no matter who the 5 is) concidering this is suprised to be the ultimate Smash Bros game -_- . At least this deconfirm Son Goku once again.

There's some good info in there. but yeah it's not promising for a second dlc pass, though it sounds like even if he doesnt like season passes he's not the one deciding (nintendo is).

I'm a bit more concerned about the last part, that apparently the win ratios online are close enough. And It sounds like they're not thinking of doing too much more balance patching :/
I guess i should be happy that they at least buffed jiggs and sheik a little, that i like, but i was hoping for more changes in the future too tho.
They are more than likely stop with them once the last one is released. They would be stupid not to.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Looks like we got our answer to our advertising debate a few pages back in the summary of Sakurai’s book:

It's already had proven true that joining as a character in Smash has advertising effect (p.99)

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I think we should expect only 2 season passes, and the 3rd one either has to not exist or give the control of the 3rd season pass to a different team (Retro Studios, Arc System Works and etc.) replacing team SORA but this may not going to happen at all.
If there is more fighter passes with Sakurai not being the director of them, you sure can bet that he will supervise it (call it co-direct it if you will). Smash Bros is his baby so he will be unable to pass the torch completely

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If there is more fighter passes with Sakurai not being the director of them, you sure can bet that he will supervise it (call it co-direct it if you will). Smash Bros is his baby so he will be unable to pass the torch completely
If he does pass the torch, it'd be the next game.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

The title for worst kept secret would actually go to Roy and Ryu back in Smash 4, the codename for their characters was literally their real name. So people knew that Roy and Ryu would be the next DLC fighters because of it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The title for worst kept secret would actually go to Roy and Ryu back in Smash 4, the codename for their characters was literally their real name. So people knew that Roy and Ryu would be the next DLC fighters because of it.
And the Mewtwo updated added music that was from SFII and had "sf_ryu" in their filenames. So it was undoubtedly Ryu from Street Fighter, and not the one from Breath of Fire or Ninja Gaiden.

Last edited:
Top Bottom