• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Something to keep this thread going
Jesus… with all of that going on, all that remains is for them to drop the bomb with FFVIIR at E3 and this year is already a redemption for SE after the terrible 2018's E3 they had lol

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
After watching the last direct I couldn't help but facepalm at how the Dragon Quest ad didn't really convey the series' appeal, which is less "save the world" and more of "explore the world". Oddly enough, this ad is far more in tone with what I would have personally gone for, its a nice ad.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
After watching the last direct I couldn't help but facepalm at how the Dragon Quest ad didn't really convey the series' appeal, which is less "save the world" and more of "explore the world". Oddly enough, this ad is far more in tone with what I would have personally gone for, its a nice ad.
Yeah, I appreciate that they made a big deal out of Dragon Quest being a historic franchise, but trying to sell it as some kind of epic is missing the point a bit. Square Enix's E3 trailer for DQXI did that too, I think, and it bothered me then.

DQ is a cozy fairy tale, probably closest to Pokémon or Mother in terms of its core appeal. The framework of hero guy going off to fight the demon lord is just an excuse to keep you moving between the smaller (cute, funny, sad... usually sad) stories. I don't really know how you'd sell that, though, which I guess is the dilemma.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I really don't think Nintendo would put Cuphead in Smash given the (period accurate) racial undertones... Could be fun to play as, but Nintendo are notoriously prudish in their first party titles.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I really don't think Nintendo would put Cuphead in Smash given the (period accurate) racial undertones... Could be fun to play as, but Nintendo are notoriously prudish in their first party titles.
There are numerous reasons we're not getting Cuphead in Smash...

This is not one of them.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I swear, with all due respect, but what did I just read?
Wtf.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
That doesn't explain why we can make Snake and Bayonetta beat up Isabelle with clubs.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This reminds me that i missed out on the chocobo dungeon games. I think I'd like them. If I can find that cheap I'd be tempted to get it.
Also, wouldn't mind seeing more chocobo cameos and games around :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Crossing my fingers that this is real, and it honestly feels like a possible number IMO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MWhA4nl0M
15 dlc slots + pplant makes sense.

I still think it's normal, because nintendo would envision at least the possibility of more seasons. Whether they use those slots or not we dont know.
They might wait till the first season is almost over to decide for sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's such an extreme stretch that Mr. Fantastic would blush.
You just called my attention.

Jokes aside:
This post makes Plastic Man cringe.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
How is everyone dealing with the wait for further news? I'm going through the soundtrack for Smash Ultimate while doing chores, and seeking out my professors for further help with my classes.

You just called my attention.

Jokes aside:

This post makes Plastic Man cringe.
It's been an entire day, leave Cheezey Bites alone.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
How is everyone dealing with the wait for further news? I'm going through the soundtrack for Smash Ultimate while doing chores, and seeking out my professors for further help with my classes.

Well it's been ignoreable with me thinking about and doing other things such as playing the ace attorney collection now I'm just waiting for the persona stuff later this month and looking forward to the final fantasy games next month

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about further seasons of DLC just yet, we won't know about it either way until maybe the final reveal of this season, if not even later.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I'm more patient than ever. Every day... no, every minute.. no, every second is precious and there's always something to do. ;p
I still really want some cool news tho :)

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about further seasons of DLC just yet, we won't know about it either way until maybe the final reveal of this season, if not even later.
That's a really cute isabelle there :O <3

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Just got the DMC collection (1-3) so I will install that soon. Suffering more with the wait of news for FFVII Remake honestly makes smash news way easier to wait for, lol. So I guess I'm not really having a hard time waiting for news on Smash, plus it's obvious we will get smash news next month if nothing happens in March, they gotta show 3.0 and Joker stuff before releasing them anyway. April is packed with so much stuff god damn… Avengers, Game of thrones, Smash update and Joker… and i'm probably forgetting stuff.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just got the DMC collection (1-3) so I will install that soon. Suffering more with the wait of news for FFVII Remake honestly makes smash news way easier to wait for, lol. So I guess I'm not really having a hard time waiting for news on Smash, plus it's obvious we will get smash news next month if nothing happens in March, they gotta show 3.0 and Joker stuff before releasing them anyway. April is packed with so much stuff god damn… Avengers, Game of thrones, Smash update and Joker… and i'm probably forgetting stuff.
dont forget Shazam

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It IS real.

However, it doesn't exactly mean anything. Just because empty slots exist does not mean they are ever going to be filled.
I agree. But I think there is a strong chance that they will for the sole reason that their new CEO has downright said that they want to focus more in DLC then before.

D

Deleted member

dont forget Shazam

That movie looks pretty promising, and I want to see it.

I
Didn’t
Notice

Don’t act as if I committed a War Crime or something. I will just apologize to Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites .

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Of course, the 15 spots could be just buffer, yet, it also means Nintendo considers the possibility of going beyond the first fighter pass.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I
Didn’t
Notice
Fair.

Don’t act as if I committed a War Crime or something.
I never did, where did this come from?

I will just apologize to Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites .
Cool.

Of course, the 15 spots could be just buffer, yet, it also means Nintendo considers the possibility of going beyond the first fighter pass.
Yeah this does give me a measure of hope. I mean, I'd just like to get a few extra Echo Fighters, which Sakurai explicitly said we won't be paying for in the Fighter's Pass. Funky Kong (and Lord Fredrik even though they're unlikely), Impa, another Pikmin captain, Ninten, just lots of fun additions we could get if the Echo Fighter thing was continued just a little further, let alone more full fledged fighters beyond the Fighter's Pass.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah this does give me a measure of hope. I mean, I'd just like to get a few extra Echo Fighters, which Sakurai explicitly said we won't be paying for in the Fighter's Pass. Funky Kong (and Lord Fredrik even though they're unlikely), Impa, another Pikmin captain, Ninten, just lots of fun additions we could get if the Echo Fighter thing was continued just a little further, let alone more full fledged fighters beyond the Fighter's Pass.
I'd love to see echo fighters coming along like impa. Not expecting it, but if at the very least they could consider it, it could be a side project to please the fans, if they felt like it.
Also still wondering which mii fighter outfits we'll see. If we dont start getting some come and go april, im gonna find it weird for them to wait so long.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Playing a **** ton of videogames (currently Captain Toad), and marathoning the MCU before Endgame (this week is Spiderman Homecoming).
I already marathoned the entire MCU (and ABC/Netflix stuff) before watching Infinity War, and I don't think I could do that again. I might atleast watch Infinty War and Antman and Wasp again though. One benefit of this is that I ended up watching Infinity War quite a bit after it was released and had the whole theater to myself when I finally got to watching it, which was awesome.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Crossing my fingers that this is real, and it honestly feels like a possible number IMO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MWhA4nl0M
This could be a possibility for future DLC. We will just have to wait and see.

Though thinking about it some...I could see the 'passes' something along these lines.

Fighter's Pass (Nintendo's Pick) :The actual one we are waiting on.
Echo Fighter's Pass: Why introduce the concept and not cash in on it some more? Especially since those fighters would 'take less time' to work on.
And Finally...
The Fan's Pass or Sakurai's Pass: Ballot picks if they are not already in the 1st fighter's pass.

I don't personally buy this, but it could happen.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I already marathoned the entire MCU (and ABC/Netflix stuff) before watching Infinity War, and I don't think I could do that again. I might atleast watch Infinty War and Antman and Wasp again though. One benefit of this is that I ended up watching Infinity War quite a bit after it was released and had the whole theater to myself when I finally got to watching it, which was awesome.
Teach me O Ancient One.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It might, it might not. The fact that there are spots for more newcomers than were added in the base game (echoes included) sets off a huge red flag for me. I'd love to be wrong though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
watch those spots just be for mii costumes lol
Considering it's slots for WoL characters, there's no way. Whatever the case, it could be future-proofing, or they could end up not being filled at all. Keep in mind that all of Sm4sh's placeholder slots were filled by DLC, so it isn't so farfetched for that to happen with Ultimate, especially with 15 being a more reasonable number than 29.

Along with that, Polar's source has said that another FP is not in the cards yet, so either this is future-proofing in case of more passes, or this is for some misc. DLC of some kind. Who knows? Wouldn't get my hopes up, though.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Considering it's slots for WoL characters, there's no way. Whatever the case, it could be future-proofing, or they could end up not being filled at all. Keep in mind that all of Sm4sh's placeholder slots were filled by DLC, so it isn't so farfetched for that to happen with Ultimate, especially with 15 being a more reasonable number than 29.

Along with that, Polar's source has said that another FP is not in the cards yet, so either this is future-proofing in case of more passes, or this is for some misc. DLC of some kind. Who knows? Wouldn't get my hopes up, though.
If it is indeed all for DLC characters. What a great time to be a gamer.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I know, I know.. it's not S-E, but this is basically the group of people I mainly engage in SB, so I might as well send it here.
Given the news over the past few days, I came across this video (2 parts) that brought back into view one of the greatest endings in entertainment history.
I wanted to share with you all to take a look.

And I'm reminded, yet again, why, even though MGS is weird to some to be in SSB with Nintendo characters, this series has accomplished some things that no other series did in the same manner, and is written in a classical tone. Given Nintendo is, in my view, the one of the few beacons of classicism in modern-day culture, I think it's cool from them to promote classicism made by others in the industry. And SSB is a celebration of exactly that.

Aannnnnd I didn't expect to make it this long, but I guess it's just me being chill that my final exams are finally over. XP

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I know, I know.. it's not S-E, but this is basically the group of people I mainly engage in SB, so I might as well send it here.
Given the news over the past few days, I came across this video (2 parts) that brought back into view one of the greatest endings for a videogame of all time.
I wanted to share with you all to take a look.

And I'm reminded, yet again, why, even though MGS is weird to some to be in SSB with Nintendo characters, this series has accomplished some things that no other series did in the same manner, and is written in a classical tone. Given Nintendo is, in my view, the one of the few beacons of classicism in modern-day culture, I think it's cool from them to promote classicism made by others in the industry. And SSB is a celebration of exactly that.

Aannnnnd I didn't expect to make it this long, but I guess it's just me being chill that my final exams are finally over. XP
Oh my god, I literally watched this yesterday. It's just a reminder of how freaking bananas MGS was in its heyday and how amazing a writer Kojima is. This stuff is just... chilling as heck. Brr.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh my god, I literally watched this yesterday. It's just a reminder of how freaking bananas MGS was in its heyday and how amazing a writer Kojima is. This stuff is just... chilling as heck. Brr.
I watched this for the first time earlier this week. Is Youtube being weird with it's recommendations again?

Top Bottom