• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I havent been keeping track of the thread but is Erdrick going to be a thing or are people still theorizing?
Depends who you talk to. To me, leaks are more than just rumors, especially when it's around people who've had stuff right, but I would still put it as theorizing. It depends how much weight someone puts in leaks. People used to put a lot more than now. As for stats, I think we have enough to say that we can't really tell much for sure, since it could mostly be placeholder just like pplant had a lot of changed stats over patches, and some stats are less important than others because of the stage of development they're in.
There's quite a lot in favor of erdrick, but from the past leaks and connections people have made, we know we can never trust something 100%. People can make up diffrent assumptions or weight what's around differently, so we'd probably all have different % chance to it being true. I would give higher than 50%, but i tend to stay around that just to leave either possibility open. Whatever ends up happening, it is what it is, and some people will like the next dlc character and some wont. It'd be nicer to just appreciate any character, like as gamers, but of course we're all at least a little invested in some characters more than others.

Maybe that's a boring way to look at it, but i do think it's that way.

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Nah, it'd be illogical to say he's confirmed. He's looking quite likely, but nothing is 100% until we hear it from Nintendo and Sakurai.
I mean thats what I'm saying, you can't say someone's confirmed if they are only highly suggested to be added to the character roster.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
There’s no way Cuphead would get into Smash at this point. He’s too new. Plus, if Nintendo/Sakurai went after a MS* character it’d definitely be Banjo, Steve or Master Chief.

*Cuphead isn’t actually owned by Microsoft. Though, with their recent shopping spree I can see them buying the Cuphead devs soon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There’s no way Cuphead would get into Smash at this point. He’s too new. Plus, if Nintendo/Sakurai went after a MS* character it’d definitely be Banjo, Steve or Master Chief.

*Cuphead isn’t actually owned by Microsoft. Though, with their recent shopping spree I can see them buying the Cuphead devs soon.
He isn't "too new". The character was too new for base roster. DLC is in a way different situation. He's been around for quite a long time, well before the DLC was decided upon. So no, that's not really a good point. Remember, the characters should already exist by the time the DLC would be decided upon, which is probably around September 2018 till around December 2018. Why would a 3rd party who existed well before that be impossible for DLC?

That said, who is Cuphead owned by again?

D

Deleted member

He isn't "too new". The character was too new for base roster. DLC is in a way different situation. He's been around for quite a long time, well before the DLC was decided upon. So no, that's not really a good point. Remember, the characters should already exist by the time the DLC would be decided upon, which is probably around September 2018 till around December 2018. Why would a 3rd party who existed well before that be impossible for DLC?

That said, who is Cuphead owned by again?
Studio MDHR. I'm pretty sure it's a Bayonetta 2 type situation, where in this case Microsoft provided funding for the game in exchange for exclusivity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Studio MDHR. I'm pretty sure it's a Bayonetta 2 type situation, where in this case Microsoft provided funding for the game in exchange for exclusivity.
I have a feeling the exclusivity is actually an issue that makes him vastly unlikely. Being owned by Microsoft is not an issue in itself(if that was the case). Doesn't have a too new factor either.

But yeah, while not impossible, I do agree he's rather unlikely. Though at least a lot of these leaks have far more plausible characters, which include Chrono/Crono, Agumon, Reimu, Erdrick, Slime, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve, even Master Chief. Halo isn't beyond exclusive to Microsoft, as the fact they allowed the content on the Nintendo Switch version of Minecraft is proof they aren't exactly against crossovers. Though I wouldn't expect an actual Halo game appearing on the system any time soon. There's easily more possible characters, but it'd take a while to list them all. Those are just fairly common lately. Less so on Slime than the others, that said. But definitely an option I wouldn't dismiss.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, if we get a Cuphead spirit in Smash Bros, that would be legitimately sick for a studio who did so much to get their game out there.

Cuphead as a fighter? Probably not likely when compared to characters like Banjo, Steve, or Master Chief. Maybe if there was a Cuphead 2 that really pushed the series as an actual continuous series? We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Home Run Contest and Stage Builder are coming to Smash Ultimate. I can confirm it.
Also, something personal that everybody should discard: @Seanbur46402503 .

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Cuphead fits the stats of brave guys
True... but again. Cuphead over Banjo, Steve or Master Chief? Yes, they technically not own the studio but the IP is a first party IP for Microsoft.
Getting them over the big three is like choosing Natsu Dragneel from Fairytail in a Jumpforce game instead of someone like Son Goku, Luffy or Naruto.

Who?

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
True... but again. Cuphead over Banjo, Steve or Master Chief? Yes, they technically not own the studio but the IP is a first party IP for Microsoft.
Getting them over the big three is like choosing Natsu Dragneel from Fairytail in a Jumpforce game instead of someone like Son Goku, Luffy or Naruto.

Who?
Ignore the second half of the message, it has nothing to do with my info. Anyways, yes I've seen enough to definitively say home run contest and stage builder. They are both, without a doubt, referenced in "How To Play".

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
With Stage Builder we can hopefully remake Pac-Maze since the Smash team sadly left it behind, even if the Ghosts and power pellets probably can't be replicated.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Home Run Contest and Stage Builder are coming to Smash Ultimate. I can confirm it.
Nothing about a page for DLC challenges, since it seems like both of those modes would warrant it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ignore the second half of the message, it has nothing to do with my info. Anyways, yes I've seen enough to definitively say home run contest and stage builder. They are both, without a doubt, referenced in "How To Play".
You said that we should discard an account (I assume), and I was wondering why as wanting to get a heads up. It's nice if Home-Run contest and Stage Builder, but I personally don't have any personal connection which is why I asked about that point only

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You said that we should discard an account (I assume), and I was wondering why as wanting to get a heads up. It's nice if Home-Run contest and Stage Builder, but I personally don't have any personal connection which is why I asked about that point only
Yeah, that's where I'm confused. If it's a personal thing that no one should regard, why is it even being posted to begin with? That kinda stuff is better kept to like... a word doc or something, I guess?

D

Deleted member

It was a joke

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Oh. I meant I was putting that in for my own purposes, the user has nothing to do with my post or leak, I included it for something completely unrelated and everybody else should just ignore it.

D

Deleted member

Papagenos also made a datamine video discussing the same thing. I didn't watch it, but seeing this post really solidifies it for me.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Is there possibly new information coming soon?

Or is it just the datamine info that was found a while back.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

No more datamine stuff besides the joker stage and costume stuff.
There should be a bit more stuff coming at the end of this month, and definitely in april because joker and 3.0 are coming out.

Untouch

Smash Master

This is relatively new, there was datamine stuff for HRC (actually quite a bit) but nothing (IIRC) for stage builder.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
This is relatively new, there was datamine stuff for HRC (actually quite a bit) but nothing (IIRC) for stage builder.
The latest Nintendo Direct showed a screenshot, blurred out, of what appears to look like Stage Builder's set-up in prior games. Needless to say, I'm excited.

D

Deleted member

So this is the Papagenos video. Basically there were lines of code that said "how to play homerun" and "how to play stagebuilder."

It's practically a safe guess at this point. Safer than Erdrick.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I've never really used stage builder that much TBH. Maybe if they make it cooler with more options in Ultimate I'll be more interested.

D

Deleted member

Stage Builder is something I'll mess around with once then never try again probably. Home Run Contest has no incentive to me so I doubt I'll touch it either, unless they add more spirits to unlock exclusively through HRC.

I would personally like to see more challenges. It's a shame because I haven't touched the game in a week. I've literally unlocked and done everything there is to do.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Stage Builder is something I'll mess around with once then never try again probably. Home Run Contest has no incentive to me so I doubt I'll touch it either, unless they add more spirits to unlock exclusively through HRC.

I would personally like to see more challenges. It's a shame because I haven't touched the game in a week. I've literally unlocked and done everything there is to do.
Yeah, unless you have a friend/family member to play with constantly or is someone that is a competitive player online and all that jazz, there isn't that much to do. They should add some more modes. Heck, remaster Subspace or make World of Light (even though I personally was not a fan at all) multiplayer compatible. They should do something. If they are only going to add the 5 characters and those two modes, then the game will die out rather quickly by the casual players. Heck, doing something so simple like making World of Light giving multiplayer access could do something for it (and I say it as someone that hates WoL.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dunno. If Nintendo is intending to treat Smash in the way they've supported Splatoon 2 then I'd say Future Waves are rather likely. Not guaranteed but not unlikely.
She meant it's even less likely for Cuphead to be in future waves. The reply got lost in context.

(Reply updated. My bad)

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I unironically support Cuphead for Smash.

Cuphead was my favorite game of 2017. Only game I ever got every single achievement for. Beat the Devil with an S ranking etc. I need that DLC info now.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
If you reeeeally want to have a stretch. You could imply that Cuphead’s ‘30s cartoon style connects to Donkey Kong’s origins as a Popeye game lmao

Top Bottom