• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
From what I remember, there were insiders (well, at least one) who, during the Grinch Wars, said they also knew of King K. Rool, which is why I'm curious as to why no one is saying anything about DLC.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
At this point. I pay mind to the fact that none of renowned insiders are really backing Erdrick or anyone in particular. Sure, Tansut's cool, but not a gurantee either given he's only vaguely leaked one thing, hours before its reveal at that.

Basically, it's back to being as it should
Free roam on the speculation with no character really elevated above the other.

Heck, with Verge's credibility scattered to the wind just like it was before he got his big break, we might as well expand Square talk in this thread beyond his list. Nekoo Nekoo

From what I remember, there were insiders (well, at least one) who, during the Grinch Wars, said they also knew of King K. Rool, which is why I'm curious as to why no one is saying anything about DLC.
Because unlike Verge, they don't often move to ruin surprises so blatantly for us, unless circumstances work out for such. (Or it's a mockery of a shoddy roster like when Ryce exposed MvC:I).

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
As far as Dragon Quest being highlighted so much in the direct, to be fair guys, we’ve barely seen much of the Switch port up until when the Direct came! It was practically about time for them to have finally shown more of it! It was obvious that they had to show it.

DQ XI getting shown off in the direct does not help nor does it hinder Erdrick’s chances. They had to promote it, especially if they want this game to be out by the fall!

If we’re going off game needs to be on the Switch rule, can we talk about about Sepiroth being a possibility? So, basically if a game is being promoted it means it’s going to be in Smash! You see how tricky that theory gets?!

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The issue is never the leakers, its the info they carry. A lot of the time, people find the info unpleasant and just want reasons to discard it.

Both Xenother and Hitagi, posted in arguably informal sites about these possibilities with Hitagi retracting the info when he got the info wrong. If Xenother never made that claim and the Erdrick reveal happened, people would still dismiss him. That was the best idea to communicate it instead of making baseless claims.
And I would argue with that level of uncertainty it as a rather baseless claim of him

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Tansuit also only leaked cloud several minutes before the direct started. For all we know he just saw the direct early some how and has no other connections. Seeing a direct a few minutes early is a whole lot different then somehow knowing that Erdrick is coming soonTM for the last year.

D

Deleted member

You have done nothing against me. But I have heard that argument more than once for more than just Erdick (a couple of time here earlier in the post on top of it) when people seem to fail to realize that one of the big things Nintendo has done is to do their damndest to repair relationship status with third-party support. It is getting facepalm worthy.
But you see, doesn't that add to Erdrick's chances then? Not only was there dedicated time to DQ 11, but then they stated specifically that more DQ info would be on the way later. Nintendo has plans for Dragon Quest and they also chose the DLC. What that means specifically for Erdrick is up in the air, but if we're going off of repairing relationships, there's no better way than with Smash Bros. I mean, look at Cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Glad to see you TPC!
I disagree with the Vergeben statement kinda. He INSISTED on things such as Pikmin 3, a non-Link's Awakening 2D Zelda, Star Fox Grand Prix...he ****ed up big time. And that's not even getting started on the Minecraft debacle.

Erdrick is 100% still in in my book, but instead of relying on Verge here I'm really just depending on what Tansut says. There are currently very few really credible leakers.
Glad to see you too old friend.

Vergeben has never been, and will never be, a completely credible leaker. If Gematsu with Sm4sh is the cool uncle who pretty much always gets you the rarest toy you want (even if it's last year's rare toy), then Vergeben with Smash Ultimate is the sleezeball uncle who throws coins at you from under the table when you're eating dinner as a family when you say you're good at dodgeball and sells your Playstation that you gave to your cousin for drug money. You may not like him, but he's your uncle so you have to deal with him.

You are right in trusting Tansut, but I personally don't believe Verge is completely dead. Yeah, he botched this one, but there seem to be a multitude of reasons for that, which, while they don't excuse his being incorrect, explain some things. No, I can not tell you these reasons.
You have done nothing against me. But I have heard that argument more than once for more than just Erdick (a couple of time here earlier in the post on top of it) when people seem to fail to realize that one of the big things Nintendo has done is to do their damndest to repair relationship status with third-party support. It is getting facepalm worthy.

We have a Blizzard game on a Nintendo product for the first time in 18 years and it got an entire commercial on its own. Does that mean a Blizzard character is getting into Smash? We have them pushing Fortnite hard, does that mean we are getting a fortnite dude in Smash? Like I said in the editing, with your argument we might as well get Sora considering they highlight Disney side by side, with one of the key things in MUA3 is a certain character that just so happens to get a movie release next month.
Except with Dragon Quest it's not so much a desperate attempt to mend bridges as it is a continual pattern of Nintendo covering for this series. This has been a thing since the initial release of the series in the 80s, when Nintendo literally gave out copies of the original Dragon Quest game in America. Since then they have continually published titles of the series in America, a distinction only granted to Dragon Quest (and LEVEL-5 games during the Wii/DS era, though this has since largely stopped). Nintendo has literally licensed out THEIR CHARACTERS to Square Enix for the Fortune Street series, which is a spin-off of Dragon Quest. They pretty much never do that, yet for Dragon Quest they do.

You're mistaking my argument and exaggerating it to a ridiculous level. Nintendo has an incredibly strong relationship with the Dragon Quest series and the prominent spot that Dragon Quest XI S got in the Direct is further proof of that. Not every game gets a huge chunk of a Direct to sell itself, especially alongside Nintendo heavy-hitters like Fire Emblem Three Houses, Mario Maker 2, and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remastered, but Dragon Quest does. If you refuse to acknowledge this as evidence for Erdrick then you're simply denying facts; Nintendo's relationship with Dragon Quest, and subsequently Erdrick, makes him much more likely than any of us really think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Vergeben has never been, and will never be, a completely credible leaker. If Gematsu with Sm4sh is the cool uncle who pretty much always gets you the rarest toy you want (even if it's last year's rare toy), then Vergeben with Smash Ultimate is the sleezeball uncle who throws coins at you from under the table when you're eating dinner as a family when you say you're good at dodgeball and sells your Playstation that you gave to your cousin for drug money. You may not like him, but he's your uncle so you have to deal with him.
I don't even wanna know where Uncle Verge got those coins.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
But you see, doesn't that add to Erdrick's chances then? Not only was there dedicated time to DQ 11, but then they stated specifically that more DQ info would be on the way later. Nintendo has plans for Dragon Quest. What that means specifically for Erdrick is up in the air, but if we're going off of repairing relationships, there's no better way than with Smash Bros. I mean, look at Cloud.
Oh for the love of Naga... Did you even read my entire post?

"We have a Blizzard game on a Nintendo product for the first time in 18 years and it got an entire commercial on its own. Does that mean a Blizzard character is getting into Smash? We have them pushing Fortnite hard, does that mean we are getting a fortnite dude in Smash? Like I said in the editing, with your argument we might as well get Sora considering they highlight Disney side by side, with one of the key things in MUA3 is a certain character that just so happens to get a movie release next month."

Except with Dragon Quest it's not so much a desperate attempt to mend bridges as it is a continual pattern of Nintendo covering for this series. This has been a thing since the initial release of the series in the 80s, when Nintendo literally gave out copies of the original Dragon Quest game in America. Since then they have continually published titles of the series in America, a distinction only granted to Dragon Quest (and LEVEL-5 games during the Wii/DS era, though this has since largely stopped). Nintendo has literally licensed out THEIR CHARACTERS to Square Enix for the Fortune Street series, which is a spin-off of Dragon Quest. They pretty much never do that, yet for Dragon Quest they do.

You're mistaking my argument and exaggerating it to a ridiculous level. Nintendo has an incredibly strong relationship with the Dragon Quest series and the prominent spot that Dragon Quest XI S got in the Direct is further proof of that. Not every game gets a huge chunk of a Direct to sell itself, especially alongside Nintendo heavy-hitters like Fire Emblem Three Houses, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Mario Maker 2, but Dragon Quest does.
This just proves that they have a good relationship with DQ people when it comes to the games. Not that he is in. Do I also need to remind you that every game that they have a crossover with has been Square produced and not Nintendo? Just because Nintendo play ball doesn't mean everyone at the Dragon Quest camp will when it comes to getting their character in a Nintendo game.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But if you think about it. Everything they showed off didn't need a lot of explaining. Or no where near complete so there isn't a lot to talk about. (Fire Emblem getting delayed). Dragon Quest might have been the only thing they had enough material to talk about it for awhile to fill time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
if I recall the rumors going around, Vergeben botched up his Direct leak because he jumped the gun, hearing a bit of correct info from his sources but also not being sure about it, and then choosing the opposite claims for some reason.

It's funny; in PMs he sent to someone, he had perfect info for the Direct save for maybe Star Fox GP and Pikmin 3 (I forgot if those were in the PMs).

D

Deleted member

But if you think about it. Everything they showed off didn't need a lot of explaining. Or no where near complete so there isn't a lot to talk about. (Fire Emblem getting delayed). Dragon Quest might have been the only thing they had enough material to talk about it for awhile to fill time.
You can always make the direct shorter if its nothing that big you know. Its not like Youtube has strict Direct lenght limits.

D

Deleted member

Oh for the love of Naga... Did you even read my entire post?

"We have a Blizzard game on a Nintendo product for the first time in 18 years and it got an entire commercial on its own. Does that mean a Blizzard character is getting into Smash? We have them pushing Fortnite hard, does that mean we are getting a fortnite dude in Smash? Like I said in the editing, with your argument we might as well get Sora considering they highlight Disney side by side, with one of the key things in MUA3 is a certain character that just so happens to get a movie release next month."

This just proves that they have a good relationship with DQ people and want to push their games here. Not that he is in. Do I also need to remind you that every game that they have a crossover with has been Square produced and not Nintendo? Just because Nintendo play ball doesn't mean everyone at the Dragon Quest camp will when it comes to getting their character in a Nintendo game.
I don't think I understand your point. I think we all agree that this logic does not make Erdrick 100% confirmed. However, it is interesting to note because of Nintendo's long history with Dragon Quest and how strong it goes on today. Given the continuous support for the series, this would mean they would take interest in the series as a potential third party candidate for Smash Bros. It's more circumstantial evidence essentially, which isn't that big of a deal since Erdrick already has an ass load of that already.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You can always make the direct shorter if its nothing that big you know. Its not like Youtube has strict Direct lenght limits.
I also think they spent a lot of time trying to explain it because the western audience does need Dragon Quest explained to them.

I don't think I understand your point. I think we all agree that this logic does not make Erdrick 100% confirmed. However, it is interesting to note because of Nintendo's long history with Dragon Quest and how strong it goes on today. Given the continuous support for the series, this would mean they would take interest in the series as a potential third party candidate for Smash Bros. It's more circumstantial evidence essentially, which isn't that big of a deal since Erdrick already has an *** load of that already.
Makes me remember how even the Grinch had a **** load of circumstantial evidence. And look how that turned out.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This just proves that they have a good relationship with DQ people and want to push their games here. Not that he is in. Do I also need to remind you that every game that they have a crossover with has been Square produced and not Nintendo? (1) Just because Nintendo play ball doesn't mean everyone at the Dragon Quest camp will when it comes to getting their character in a Nintendo game. (2)

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT I'M SAYING. THAT IS THE EXACT POINT I AM TRYING TO PROVE.

Did you actually read what I had to say?

I'm saying that this relationship is strong evidence for Erdrick's inclusion. To refute your other points (which I've labeled)
  1. Prior to his appearance in Sm4sh, Cloud had never been licensed out to another company. There is a precedent for this with Square Enix characters, so the point is largely moot.
  2. At this point you're splitting hairs. You could say this about any third party and it'd be a point against them. I'll assume you're referring to the many moving parts involved with the Dragon Quest IP, but even then:
    1. Square Enix is immediately on board because they want to promote Dragon Quest
    2. Yuji Horii is immediately on board because he wants to promote Dragon Quest
    3. Akira Toriyama and Koichi Sugimiya likely agree because:
      1. A). It's Smash Bros and
      2. B). Their buddy Yuji Horii manages to convince them and
      3. C). They get royalties, so everyone wins.
Granted, Point 2 is a hypothetical scenario, but it's in response to a hypothetical, so neither one really holds any ground. I believe mine is backed up more by fact, but it's still a hypothetical and I acknowledge that it could be far from fact. Still, Square Enix would likely be much more willing to "play ball" given the solid trust between them and Nintendo with Dragon Quest, which makes it an important factor IF AND ONLY IF Erdrick is included.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't think I understand your point. I think we all agree that this logic does not make Erdrick 100% confirmed. However, it is interesting to note because of Nintendo's long history with Dragon Quest and how strong it goes on today. Given the continuous support for the series, this would mean they would take interest in the series as a potential third party candidate for Smash Bros. It's more circumstantial evidence essentially, which isn't that big of a deal since Erdrick already has an *** load of that already.
You are talking like Dragon Quest is something that sales poorly and they are keeping it around because they are good friends with those at the studio. Of course, Nintendo wants Dragon Quest games on Nintendo platform with how gangbusters they sell in Japan. And it's not like they have made that has been strictly focused on the Japanese fanbase and never released outside of Japan (Fire Emblem 1-6 is a perfect example)

Like I said to TCP. Just because they want to push the games doesn't mean that everyone in the DQ house is playing ball lending Nintendo the ball (in this cause a Dragon Quest character for Smash). If it was that easy then we would have had third party characters in Smash before Brawl.

I'm saying that this relationship is strong evidence for Erdrick's inclusion. To refute your other points (which I've labeled)
  1. Prior to his appearance in Sm4sh, Cloud had never been licensed out to another company. There is a precedent for this with Square Enix characters, so the point is largely moot.
  2. At this point you're splitting hairs. You could say this about any third party and it'd be a point against them. I'll assume you're referring to the many moving parts involved with the Dragon Quest IP, but even then:
    1. Square Enix is immediately on board because they want to promote Dragon Quest
    2. Yuji Horii is immediately on board because he wants to promote Dragon Quest
    3. Akira Toriyama and Koichi Sugimiya likely agree because:
      1. A). It's Smash Bros and
      2. B). Their buddy Yuji Horii manages to convince them and
      3. C). They get royalties, so everyone wins.
Granted, Point 2 is a hypothetical scenario, but it's in response to a hypothetical, so neither one really holds any ground. I believe mine is backed up more by fact, but it's still a hypothetical and I acknowledge that it could be far from fact. Still, Square Enix would likely be much more willing to "play ball" given the solid trust between them and Nintendo with Dragon Quest, which makes it an important factor IF AND ONLY IF Erdrick is included.

And what I have tried to say is that your "strong points" is based on assumptions, just like how so many other champions other character is. I might not have worded my argument the best considering its 4 am and I can't sleep, but the fact is that this is all assumption. The same goes for my stance on why I think Akira Toriyama is harder to work with then what you make it out to be here. And assumptions IMO is never "strong points".. Thats what I'm trying to say

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Tansuit also only leaked cloud several minutes before the direct started. For all we know he just saw the direct early some how and has no other connections. Seeing a direct a few minutes early is a whole lot different then somehow knowing that Erdrick is coming soonTM for the last year.
Thats actually not true, the direct aired on November 12th, he posted things the day before

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...vember-12-over.1138052/page-34#post-185008631
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...vember-12-over.1138052/page-35#post-185010416

He also said that Grinch was a false leak back when it was wild (possibly because he knew Geno wasn't in release due to his squeenix source), and said when Cloud would be released (release date wasn't revealed initially)

Guy has the connects to be sure. He just doesn't post often

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Thats actually not true, the direct aired on November 12th, he posted things the day before

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...vember-12-over.1138052/page-34#post-185008631
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...vember-12-over.1138052/page-35#post-185010416

He also said that Grinch was a false leak back when it was wild (possibly because he knew Geno wasn't in release due to his squeenix source), and said when Cloud would be released (release date wasn't revealed initially)

Guy has the connects to be sure. He just doesn't post often
Okay I'll give you that one. it's been awhile so I must have been remembering things wrong. I apologise. But it is still just the one character. This time around he doesn't even seem to know when Erdrick will get released. Just that he knows. Seems like a huge leap from knowing everything about Cloud to only knowing Erdrick's name even though he has supposedly been in development for a long time before all this. Who knows he might not even have the same source anymore. People are hearing names all over the place. He might have just did what Verge did and gone with the name he heard the most.

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'll give you that one. it's been awhile so I must have been remembering things wrong. But it is still just the one character. This time around he doesn't even seem to know when Erdrick will get released. Just that he knows. Seems like a huge leap from knowing everything about Cloud to only knowing Erdrick's name.
Well, assuming Erdrick is the guy, it was the worst kept secret since Ken because a few people have said it was Erdrick, including Xenother and Fallen Vergeben. And, if his source is from Square Enix, of course he's only going to reveal one character because there's only one Square character in Smash Bros so far. It actually matches up because he's only said things Smash wise about Cloud, Grinch and Erdrick. Grinch had a Square character in it and he knew that it was false. He doesnt have much of a track record, but its good thus far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I also think they spent a lot of time trying to explain it because the western audience does need Dragon Quest explained to them.

Makes me remember how even the Grinch had a **** load of circumstantial evidence. And look how that turned out.
If they need the time to explain and show it, its because its an important release for Nintendo. After all, they showed a lot of stuff exclusive to the Switch version (and lets not forget, DQ XI is one of the first two Switch games ever announced)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If I had to be honest with you guys, this Verge deal is kind of making me rethink my speculation stance on Erdrick somewhat. He is the most likely Square character, but now I have the growing thought of Sora actually having a decent chance now.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, assuming Erdrick is the guy, it was the worst kept secret since Ken because a few people have said it was Erdrick, including Xenother and Fallen Vergeben. And, if his source is from Square Enix, of course he's only going to reveal one character because there's only one Square character in Smash Bros so far. It actually matches up because he's only said things Smash wise about Cloud, Grinch and Erdrick. Grinch had a Square character in it and he knew that it was false. He doesnt have much of a track record, but its good thus far.
This is just so absurd to me.
Sometimes I sit back and reflect on how we have 0 leads to who the DLC fighters could be, same for Joker.
...but then they REALLY ****ed up ERDRICK of all people.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Dragon Quest XI S Nintendo Switch-Exclusive Deluxe Edition & Knuckles

Nintendo being chummy with Square, making Erdrick or whoever seem likely, hopefully makes Steve or B-K likely (and Phil Spencer has specifically talked about B-K before).

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I still think the name being so common should raise some red flags. We already know SE was spreading a whole bunch of names around. Why would they tell the character they were going to add to the most people? What's the point in telling people a whole bunch of names if you are just going to tell everyone it's Erdrick anyway. It just doesn't really add up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You are talking like Dragon Quest is something that sales poorly and they are keeping it around because they are good friends with those at the studio. Of course, Nintendo wants Dragon Quest games on Nintendo platform with how gangbusters they sell in Japan. And it's not like they have made that has been strictly focused on the Japanese fanbase and never released outside of Japan (Fire Emblem 1-6 is a perfect example)
What?

I'm saying Nintendo likes Dragon Quest => Nintendo wants to promote Dragon Quest.

We agree on this. Though, I don't know how Fire Emblem is relevant in this conversation over Erdrick's chances and I'm almost scared to ask now.

Like I said to TCP. Just because they want to push the games doesn't mean that everyone in the DQ house is playing ball lending Nintendo the ball (in this cause a Dragon Quest character for Smash). If it was that easy then we would have had third party characters in Smash before Brawl
I feel like we're running in circles here and the circles are gradually growing larger until it creates a whirlpool. We're pointing out that Nintendo has a good relationship with Dragon Quest in the context of the Square Enix thread in a time where Erdrick is being stated to be the most likely candidate out of the seven listed characters. We're going to naturally apply the meaning of this relationship to the possibility that Erdrick is in along with the circumstantial evidence we know.

Like, if you're just going to say "this does not confirm Erdrick is in" in response, then I agree. No ****. We're saying it gives Erdrick a shot to be contacted for and that it adds to the bigger picture.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
This is just so absurd to me.
Sometimes I sit back and reflect on how we have 0 leads to who the DLC fighters could be, same for Joker.
...but then they REALLY ****ed up ERDRICK of all people.
I really hope they don't leak the next few but this is the company that uploaded Castlevania songs to their youtube before Simons reveal and let Ryu be playable before his "surprise launch" so my hopes aren't high.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
What?

I'm saying Nintendo likes Dragon Quest => Nintendo wants to promote Dragon Quest.

We agree on this. Though, I don't know how Fire Emblem is relevant in this conversation over Erdrick's chances and I'm almost scared to ask now.

I feel like we're running in circles here and the circles are gradually growing larger until it creates a whirlpool. We're pointing out that Nintendo has a good relationship with Dragon Quest in the context of the Square Enix thread in a time where Erdrick is being stated to be the most likely candidate out of the seven listed characters. We're going to naturally apply the meaning of this relationship to the possibility that Erdrick is in along with the circumstantial evidence we know.

Like, if you're just going to say "this does not confirm Erdrick is in" in response, then I agree. No ****. We're saying it gives Erdrick a shot to be contacted for and that it adds to the bigger picture.
First of all, read my latest comment to TCP
Second of all. "However, it is interesting to note because of Nintendo's long history with Dragon Quest and how strong it goes on today. Given the continuous support for the series, this would mean they would take interest in the series as a potential third party candidate for Smash Bros. It's more circumstantial evidence essentially, which isn't that big of a deal since Erdrick already has an *** load of that already.

"It's interesting how? It still manages gangbuster in Japan. Of course, they want to keep having it on their systems even if it doesn't go as good here in the west. That's why I said that you are talking like they are just keeping them because of a friend of a friend or something.

D

Deleted member

This whole **** is getting annoying. At this point, and like always, people can believe what they want. If you needed Vergeben to get BTFO to start thinking about other characters possibilities, good for you.

First of all, read my latest comment to TCP
Second of all. "However, it is interesting to note because of Nintendo's long history with Dragon Quest and how strong it goes on today. Given the continuous support for the series, this would mean they would take interest in the series as a potential third party candidate for Smash Bros. It's more circumstantial evidence essentially, which isn't that big of a deal since Erdrick already has an *** load of that already.

"It's interesting how? It still manages gangbuster in Japan. Of course, they want to keep having it on their systems even if it doesn't go as good here in the west. That's why I said that you are talking like they are just keeping them because of a friend of a friend or something.
A lot of characters are supported here with less circumstancial evidence and the only one called out when someone mentions it is DQ. If you see it as a circumstancial evidence so be it, if other people see it as a strong point to their pick that's good as well. DQ has one of the longest and closest relationships with Nintendo of all the 3rd party franchises, I think thats a good thing going for it for Smash circumstancial or not.

D

Deleted member

First of all, read my latest comment to TCP.
And what I have tried to say is that your "strong points" is based on assumptions, just like how so many other champions other character is...

The same goes for my stance on why I think Akira Toriyama is harder to work with then what you make it out to be here. And assumptions IMO is never "strong points".. Thats what I'm trying to say
Mate welcome to the ****ing Smashboard character speculation section. If you're not making assumptions, I don't even know what the hell you're doing here.

E: Get some rest. That's legit unsarcastic advice because I'm not sure what you're trying, but I'm sure you can handle it better when you're in a better mood. It'll lead for better conversation too. I say this from experience.

D

Deleted member

Oh I hope I didn't make things heated :(
Nah. You're currently not the focus of three peoples attention right now. Don't worry, mate.

E: I wouldn't say it's getting heated either. It's more the conversation is getting people flabbergasted and they'll close out when they feel it's necessary.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Ultimately the bottom line is that Nintendo is, once again, pushing DQ hard again in the West to the point where they are publishing DQXI:S in the west and showcasing it hard in the directs. I mean DQ got more screentime in the direct than Mario Maker 2 and MM2 comes out months beforehand. They are the ones who are picking out DLC characters. Sakurai was just a young lad getting into his career in video games when the series took off in Japan and if he does have the chance to put it in his own game then I don't see any reason why he wouldn't, especially since DQ3 is his own favorite DQ game and has FF7/OoT status in Japan.

Like yeah Erdrick may not be in but the stars have seriously been aligned for him.

Though at this point, after lurking this thread for so long and reading the Geno thread, if I do see a trailer for Erdrick I'll just feel bad for the Geno bros who supported him since Brawl. Nintendo needs to just take away the rights of SMRPG from Square. I have no idea why they didn't take full control of the characters while writing out the contract in the first place. Should have made SMRPG with Chunsoft or something if that was the case, they aren't anal with things like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or whatnot.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
A lot of characters are supported here with less circumstancial evidence and the only one called out when someone mentions it is DQ. If you see it as a circumstancial evidence so be it, if other people see it as a strong point to their pick that's good as well. DQ has one of the longest and closest relationships with Nintendo of all the 3rd party franchises, I think that's a good thing going for it for Smash circumstancial or not.
Then people shouldn't act like people are wrong to question that assumption. Because that's what I see here constantly. When someone brings up a point for someone that isn't Erdrick. "Assumption." When its for Erdick, its "strong points". This isn't the Erdrick support thread, it's the general Square thread. Erdrick might get in, I'm not questioning that what so ever. But act like most people here is "this is not 100%" all the time is just... facepalm.

Mate welcome to the ****ing Smashboard character speculation section. If you're not making assumptions, I don't even know what the hell you're doing here.
I know. I'm just saying that we maybe should not use words for something that doesn't mean the specific thing (aka assumption = big points)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I've come to the realization personally that 'its not like I hate Erdrick. It's what it means for him to be added. I've basically become num to Geno not being added but. Erdrick is always paired up with Steve in rumors. That is who I am fearing right now. Erdrick means that Steve is not to far behind him. And that means byebye Banjo chances. It's all coming from my fear of not liking anybody in the fighter pass.

Top Bottom