• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I've never taken Portuguese classes in my life and I can already tell some messages around here just because of how similar it is to Spanish.

D

Deleted member

Fans de Dragon Quest que hablan español? Eso es casi tan raro como tan solo encontrar a otro fan de Dragon Quest. :p

(Although I hear the fanbase is quite big in spain)
Really?
That would be great for me!

I wonder if someone else at high school also loves the series like me...

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Fans de Dragon Quest que hablan español? Eso es casi tan raro como tan solo encontrar a otro fan de Dragon Quest. :p

(Although I hear the fanbase is quite big in spain)
In Europe the fanbase is bigger in general.

K. that's what I wanted to know :)

also, What's with all the spanish?

looks like it's only a few hours left :D
^^

*Spanish and Portuguese.

Yes, and I'm hyped af

D

Deleted member

I think there is quite an interesting development here with all this spanish and portuguese.

Yo jugue el primer Dragon Warrior(nunca supe que hacer :b) y creci viendo las aventuras de Fly/Dai, tengo el manga completo :b
K. that's what I wanted to know :)

also, What's with all the spanish?

looks like it's only a few hours left :D
Only developments are Verge backing on Erdrick now and the DQV CG film

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My face when Erdrick got backed by Vergeben.

Even beyond that, the list of games that might be revealed look great this time around. I'm also excited to see what they're going to be doing for FE Three Houses as an FE fan.
Aran Ryan should be a meme. Dude’s precious.
I'm actually Chilean, Pero se hablar español y portugues. Você fala português? :D
Ok jokes aside, Geno supporters are a bunch of crybabys. Indeed, I know everyone who supports Geno would cry of joy, happiness and emotion if Geno gets confirmed. Me included.
Suddenly finding out there’s Chilean and Brazilian folks hiding out here... Yo soy argentino, por favor no me maten.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think there is quite an interesting development here with all this spanish and portuguese.

Yo jugue el primer Dragon Warrior(nunca supe que hacer :b) y creci viendo las aventuras de Fly/Dai, tengo el manga completo :b

Only developments are Verge backing on Erdrick now and the DQV CG film
oh? what did he say?

well, i guess that does help being optimistic. (for dq fans at least)

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
I will be open to anything we get, tbh.

Maybe the other stuff is cool enough that the lack of Smash doesn't feel bad for some users online.
yea i feel the exact same

what i really want is any animal crossing info, honestly. literally anything. they could just say “there’s animals” and i’d go absolutely ape. completely hog wild. off the rails. i’d tell everyone i know.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Aran Ryan should be a meme. Dude’s precious.

Suddenly finding out there’s Chilean and Brazilian folks hiding out here... Yo soy argentino, por favor no me maten.
De Ecuador. Viví en Argentina unos años, y competi en algunos torneos :D

With all the news pouring out, I wonder how they're going to cover everything in just 35 minutes. FE 3 Houses is going to take a big chunk of that time, I bet.
But I'm really looking forward to every piece of Square Enix news.

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
That's been a staple of the rumours/leaks, so it'd be weird if all those were wrong but we still got the character anyway.

I think male and female versions are a safe assumption, if we get Erdrick. Even no-content-allowed Cloud got his Advent Children costume.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
How will everyone react if Erdrick doesn't come with a female alt?
It'd be a deal breaker in terms of maining the character, for me. But it'd be an easy lost opportunity to only have 1, so i'm pretty confident that if erdrick is in, so will the female alt.

De Ecuador. Viví en Argentina unos años, y competi en algunos torneos :D

With all the news pouring out, I wonder how they're going to cover everything in just 35 minutes. FE 3 Houses is going to take a big chunk of that time, I bet.
But I'm really looking forward to every piece of Square Enix news.
I hope we see more of the characters for FE. including Edelgard of course.
Im gonna pay attention to everything. 35 minutes of nintendo greatness.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
That's been a staple of the rumours/leaks, so it'd be weird if all those were wrong but we still got the character anyway.

I think male and female versions are a safe assumption, if we get Erdrick. Even no-content-allowed Cloud got his Advent Children costume.
Correction: Cloud was above-standard S-E DLC practice. Getting AC was unbelievable, given it's a Sony-owned film.
In my humble opinion, they shouldn't have acknowledged that film's existence either way. XD

But I get that it's likely. I asked it bc S-E might go for different hero alts, instead of a female alt, imo

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
If Erdrick is in and they don't have a female alt I'll be legit mad. DQ3 is one of the most important games ever made, and one of the things that made it special was that even in the original version you could make Erdrick female. Imagine all the girls who grew up with the first two Dragon Quests. How ecstatic must they have been to play as a girl in the third game?

I'm a guy but even I know female Erdrick must have been extremely important to lots of women's childhoods. Also, I'm a guy and if she's not an alt then I'm denied a cute girl in Smash which is a no-go. The more cute girls the better.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
If Erdrick is in and they don't have a female alt I'll be legit mad. DQ3 is one of the most important games ever made, and one of the things that made it special was that even in the original version you could make Erdrick female. Imagine all the girls who grew up with the first two Dragon Quests. How ecstatic must they have been to play as a girl in the third game?

I'm a guy but even I know female Erdrick must have been extremely important to lots of women's childhoods. Also, I'm a guy and if she's not an alt then I'm denied a cute girl in Smash which is a no-go. The more cute girls the better.
Well, from both the contact I have with the fanbase I currently interact with and the Japanese one, most didn't care much for the gender of the character they were playing at all, but more what they were representing, given there were two games prior to III hyping Erdrick to heavens. And ironically, most of them played the male alt. And when the game launched, the Japanese audience specially wasn't much concerned with female representation as a significant portion of the West is today. And tbh, to this day, Japan isn't known to be "progressive", so the idea of DQ III being an icon for a big part of the female audience growing up with the game because of choosing gender for Erdrick is a bit inaccurate. Specially considering it wasn't the only DQ to do something like this.
But I get your point. There are people out there who have a bigger attachment to the female alt. The more the merrier, as you have well said.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

The biggest thing really would just be that it's a huge missed opportunity. It's not like Cloud. Erdrick can be male or female, and it'd be sad to me if they didn't add it. I'm always looking for more female characters, In terms of unique characters, we only got inklings that can be one, for ultimate. (i dont count isabelle because she's a semi-clone, and we could already pick girl alts for villager. it was still awesome to get her tho)

D

Deleted member

If Erdrick doesn’t have a female alt, I’ll be mildly disappointed cause I like the design and options are always nice. Would make sense I’d it was kid Erdrick though cause he doesn’t have a female alt.
Although would female kid Erdrick look like original Chi-Chi?

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Welp, I defininetly expect Erdrick at this point. It would be nice to finally get him out of the way. I feel like there's a small chance it could be Sora too, but it's probably Erdirck lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anything's possible. Let's just see what nintendo has in store for us today :)

I should take care of my stuff before it gets close to the time. so see yous later. hf

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And I will keep my promise of changing my icon to something fitting if we don't find out who the Square rep is today.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And I will keep my promise of changing my icon to something fitting if we don't find out who the Square rep is today.
I wonder what 'fitting' means. But i'll just look forward to your change when it happens ;)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Even if we don't get Brave or a Squeenix rep I'm hoping we get a great announcement! Personally I'm hoping for some Kingdom Hearts ports or a Chrono Trigger remake or, in my wildest dreams, NieR Automata for Switch. :)

And, of course, my boy Joker gameplay!

Top Bottom