• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Its funny how all this discussion isn't happening on Erdrick's ACTUAL support page :4pacman:
Well, duh. This is a general thread. The news come here first. It's natural to flock here.
Heck, the Sephiroth stuff I campaign for is usually done here. The character thread is rarely visited and I can't double post there. So yeah, that silly irony of yours just makes you look even worse.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, not too surprised about Verg's new position. He's gone through that same process with Incineroar.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Well, not too surprised about Verg's new position. He's gone through that same process with Incineroar.
The difference is that he claimed 100% Incineroar was in, he just said he Believes, Erdrick is the SE rep because of all the information he had.

The "yes" is about "was it from your main sources this time?"

Personally, I still believe it's Erdrick, but not because Vergeben said so.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
The difference is that he claimed 100% Incineroar was in, he just said he Believes, Erdrick is the SE rep because of all the information he had.

The "yes" is about "was it from your main sources this time?"

Personally, I still believe it's Erdrick, but not because Vergeben said so.
If he says he believes his sources, he means it. That's why he couldn't tell if Incineroar was really the new Pokémon character at first, because he needed to vet his info with them.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
A thought crossed me, and I thought it was a really cute idea, inspired by that one art of Erdrick and Geno. For Geno fans, this might even make you feel better about Erdrick's inclusion. It made me smile, honestly.

Geno and Erdrick are in the same company, and they're good friends! Spirits have returned to their bodies, including Geno to the doll. One day, Geno gets an invitation to Smash, and Erdrick is impressed and proud of him. He offhandedly comments, "Wow, I wish I could be in Smash one day," and Geno gives pause. He looks over the letter one more time, looks to Erdrick, and gives him a warm smile.

"Here," he says, handing the invitation over to the hero. "You have it. I can wait a while longer. I think you'd be a great fit."

Erdrick is excited, and Geno, chuffed with having made another wish come true, gives him a friendly smack on the back.

"Go get this show on the road, sport!"

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, as cheesy as it is my favorite stuff to come out of the Smash series are the little headcanons and fics and crossovers like that. Very nice!

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
If he says he believes his sources, he means it. That's why he couldn't tell if Incineroar was really the new Pokémon character at first, because he needed to vet his info with them.
The point is that Verge hasn't yet placed 100% certainty like he did with Incineroar yet.

D

Deleted member

PolarPanda PolarPanda , you should visit the Canary Islands!
We have great beaches with clean water, a lack of snow and a lot of cool people!

It is a great place to relax on summer or any holiday!

Klimax

Smash Ace
I though that it was too risky to give us the name of the Square rep because that could end up in people losing their jobs. After months of Vergeben saying this and refusing to give us a name, that's the first time I don't care about what he says.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that Erdrick is the most likely and if we get a character today, I feel like he's the one. It's just that what Vergeben said doesn't change anything to me this time.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If it is meant to be, congratulations Erdrick fans. Dragon Quest truly deserves it's moment to shine. Hopefully Geno can get his chance some day but I'm thrilled for you guys.

D

Deleted member

If it is meant to be, congratulations Erdrick fans. Dragon Quest truly deserves it's moment to shine. Hopefully Geno can get his chance some day but I'm thrilled for you guys.
Thanks!
I also wish that Geno gets his chance too anytime in the future!

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Congratz for everyone that Wanted Erdrick <3 DQ in general is one of the franchises I believe deserved a spot in the roster, so glad it's finally in, Geno for me is more like a wish, a dream for sure. I Hope someone could grant it someday

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember there's a chance that they could show off a different character from a different company altogether.

There's a lot of rumors going aroud but, importantly all of them are from 3rd parties (as opposed to in house leaks) so we can't know for sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember there's a chance that they could how off a different character from a different company altogether.

There's a lot of rumors going aroud but, importantly all of them are from 3rd parties (as opposed to in house leaks) so we can't know for sure.
I won't find anyone confirmed until Nintendo shows them.

D

Deleted member

honestly i will find it hilarious if brave turns out not to be an se character all along and the torture continues

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Bonus points if brave is actually a character from the new fire emblem game.
Completely off-topic, but looking at your sig reminded me.
People were hyping up for a M$ rep. I legit think Master Chief is a terrible choice, Steve is meh, but....
Other than Banjo, Cuphead would actually be my number one character for the game!! Makes a ton of sense and it would be so hype to have him in!! Mugman alt would fit him nicely

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I thank everyone for the support, I too am waiting for the actual confirmation to feel 100% comfortable.

Thanks to Verge and Tansut I'm at 99% , Nintendo has to give me that last 1%, only then I'll start celebrating.

Great news regarding the DQV movie. I just hope it's not some weird project loosely based on the game, like what happened with the so called Dragon Quest X anime, which was just a bunch of animated shorts about the story of real people and their experiences with DQX.
... Heartwarming, sure. But not exactly what came to mind when they announced "Dragon Quest X anime"

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I made a bet with my friend where we tried to guess 3 things that are going to be featured in the Direct. The one that gets the least things right has to sing the brazilian counterpart of "Mine Diamonds". Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
This has to be a joke. Is the Geno thread actually filled with Brazilians?
Engraçado, p falar a vdd

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
This has to be a joke. Is the Geno thread actually filled with Brazilians?
Engraçado, p falar a vdd
I'm actually Chilean, Pero se hablar español y portugues. Você fala português? :D
Ok jokes aside, Geno supporters are a bunch of crybabys. Indeed, I know everyone who supports Geno would cry of joy, happiness and emotion if Geno gets confirmed. Me included.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually Chilean, Pero se hablar español y portugues. Você fala português? :D
Ok jokes aside, Geno supporters are a bunch of crybabys. Indeed, I know everyone who supports Geno would cry of joy, happiness and emotion if Geno gets confirmed. Me included.
Al ser de las islas Canarias hablo español de nacimiento también.:)
And yeah, I can imagine how great it would be for Geno fans to have him in Smash.

I just wish that they get their character back in any form, which could be possible now even if it isn't in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Heya. Haven't checked the posts here yet. Is it safe to be around without spoilers?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Sim, eu sei falar português.
Minha nossa, que insano encontrar gente q a fala a língua concentrada num thread da S-E.

I am ready to see my Sora prediction proven wrong and see Erdrick in instead in this Direct. :colorful:
Don't lose hope dude.
If it cheers you up, the likelyhood of at least the Switch getting KH ports is high!

Last edited:

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
i call it “channeling my inner mallow”

anyways, in b4 no smash info this direct

D

Deleted member

i call it “channeling my inner mallow”

anyways, in b4 no smash info this direct
I will be open to anything we get, tbh.

Maybe the other stuff is cool enough that the lack of Smash doesn't feel bad for some users online.

Top Bottom