• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I really cannot believe Waluigi wont be in Smash 6 with this kind of lasting notoriety.
With our luck, Geno wont make it to Smash 6 because of Waluigi memes.

Heck with almost 20 years of fan demand. We have an anime company who hates it's consumers to deal with first.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Team Cherry, developers of Hollow Knight, just mentioned a trailer for the new DLC would be dropping on the 14th, Valentine's Day.

With how much Nintendo seemed to adore Hollow Knight, I'd expect it to be part of an upcoming direct, so we can likely count on a direct for the 14th, with a proper announcement on the 13th.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not following but I am intrigued by your logic
If waluigi makes it in, it'd be because nintendo can't take the memes anymore right? they fold to the fans,. and then the geno leader steps up and declares freedom for all genos.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
or make it in because of waluigi memes
Meme lords cannot be destroyed, so they must migrate to other memeable sources. And considering that Geno is pretty much the most requested Mario character in the history of Smash...
Team Cherry, developers of Hollow Knight, just mentioned a trailer for the new DLC would be dropping on the 14th, Valentine's Day.

With how much Nintendo seemed to adore Hollow Knight, I'd expect it to be part of an upcoming direct, so we can likely count on a direct for the 14th, with a proper announcement on the 13th.
Nice observation.
I'm not following but I am intrigued by your logic
Geno might become the Chrom of Mario characters.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If waluigi makes it in, it'd be because nintendo can't take the memes anymore right? they fold to the fans,. and then the geno leader steps up and declares freedom for all genos.
I run Operation Starfall. Can I be the leader? Fatman and I are definitely contenders.

If I am the Geno leader, I will do so on that blessed day. For now, however, I can at least declare free ice cream for all Genos, topped with star bits.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
yay ive got 4000 posts. only 1000 before I'm a smash brave :)

I run Operation Starfall. Can I be the leader? Fatman and I are definitely contenders.

If I am the Geno leader, I will do so on that blessed day. For now, however, I can at least declare free ice cream for all Genos, topped with star bits.
I guess that works.
I would take you up on that icecream and star bits right away :)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I dreamed Nintendo flabberghasted everyone with a Super Mario RPG 2 reveal, hyped everyone up for Geno in Smash, then just plopped the Mii Costume in our faces again.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I dreamed Nintendo flabberghasted everyone with a Super Mario RPG 2 reveal, hyped everyone up for Geno in Smash, then just plopped the Mii Costume in our faces again.
That sounds more like a nightmare.

Edit:
Hey, you know how I said earlier that Sora X Lucina might be a cute ship?

I found a KH ship with Lucina that would definitely be cute.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Man. That would be the biggest middle finger to Geno Smash supporters.

And I personally don't even want Geno in Smash.

But at least they would get a new game, so... it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Too lazy to look for quotes so quick reply to topics:

On SF/F-Zero racer:
Could Kid Icarus be included? They have Cromatoes which look like little Metroids (and it's Even an in-game joke in Uprising) as well as space pirates of their own!
I'd also love to see a Character from S&P, at least Isa Jo had a level or two where he rode a bike.
And of course, Mach Rider!

---

On Fortune Street:
I would love to play that. Although i'm personally not a huge fan of the monopoly-esque gameplay. I hope that someday these two universes clash in some other genre...
(Racing? Fighting? Platformer? Musical dance off?)

---

On shipping:
I could see a thing between Erdrick and Palutena.
Erdrick and his/her descendants have a godess named Rubiss. For some reason I can imagine Palutena trying to win him over to her side. Although thinking about it, that's not really her style, lol. Pit would be mad jealous just for the attention alone.

Sephiroth and Bayonetta.
This couple... Just makes sense.
Trying to kill one another, and loving it, becoming frienemies at one point, and then more.

Slime x Jigglypuff
Just funny to picture.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey question, is Haley Joel Onsen an union voice actor? Because if he is, Sora is stuck speaking Japanese like Cloudy here.

D

Deleted member

I could imagine Nintendo pulling a SMRPG2 and announcing that it feature Mario, Peach, and Bowser along with a new cast.
Sephiroth and Bayonetta.
Trying to kill one another, and loving it, becoming frienemies at one point, and then more.
And I though the base of this relationship would be Sephiroth's mommy issues.

D

Deleted member

Sephiroth and Bayonetta.
Bayo: If you want to know how to talk to a lady, ask your mum...
Sephiroth: ..............

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hey question, is Haley Joel Onsen an union voice actor? Because if he is, Sora is stuck speaking Japanese like Cloudy here.
I don't know, but being a union VA wouldn't be the issue, the issue would be if his contract stated that only he can voice Sora in English, which is what happened with Steve Burton. Union VAs can participate in Smash, they just won't be credited in-game.

At least, this is how I understand things. Users here, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Edit: I want to make it clear, though, that I wish Smash was a union project. Nintendo has more than enough money to pay their voice actors and give them full-time benefits, so I think Cloud not being voiced by Steve Burton is a slight against Smash more than Steve or his contract.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I get the feeling that there is going to be a lot of traffic going through this thread during the next Direct. Kinda like the Geno thread, where there is basically text commentary over what is happening throughout the stream.

D

Deleted member

I get the feeling that there is going to be a lot of traffic going through this thread during the next Direct. Kinda like the Geno thread, where there is basically text commentary over what is happening throughout the stream.
Eh... We'll see for me. Unless something really hype goes on, I don't wanna distract myself by typing things on Smashboard. Plus I might watch with my brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
And I though the base of this relationship would be Sephiroth's mommy issues.
That's a very good point, hadn't thought of that!

My line of thinking was more about the fact that she's an Umbra Witch, and he's a One-winged Angel.

Bayo: If you want to know how to talk to a lady, ask your mum...
Sephiroth: ..............
".... Alright..."
*Summons JENOVA*

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Eh... We'll see for me. Unless something really hype goes on, I don't wanna distract myself by typing things on Smashboard. Plus I might watch with my brother.
That's fine, I am just predicting from experience. Seriously, being apart of the Geno Thread during the VGA's made the journey to the Joker reveal a bit more enjoyable(There is an absurd amount of pages that came out of watching that). Probably would have gone to sleep otherwise. Though, this is a direct and thus much shorter, so I imagine that wont be an issue. There is enjoyment in watching stuff like this with others, even when it is just in text.

D

Deleted member

That's fine, I am just predicting from experience. Seriously, being apart of the Geno Thread during the VGA's made the journey to the Joker reveal a bit more enjoyable(There is an absurd amount of pages that came out of watching that). Probably would have gone to sleep otherwise. Though, this is a direct and thus much shorter, so I imagine that wont be an issue. There is enjoyment in watching stuff like this with others, even when it is just in text.
Definitely true. I watched the VGA with a college group. We just meme'd for the entire time and then suddenly woke up when Joker was revealed for Smash. Great memory. The VGA sucked though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Definitely true. I watched the VGA with a college group. We just meme'd for the entire time and then suddenly woke up when Joker was revealed for Smash. Great memory. The VGA sucked though.
There were some highlights of the show, but yeah it was not that good.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like to focus on the live streams, so I may not chat during it, but you can bet i'll visit before and after :)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That's what I do, too. I wonder how busy this thread will get during the direct, though.
Simple, it all depends on if something is shown or not. Either way people will be commenting excited or dissapointed when it ends or after something is shown lol

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I legit chuckled reading this because it sounds like something Nintendo would do.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
sad part is, that's probably the best we can look forward to at this point

Top Bottom