• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Didn't 2B get into SoulCaliber as well?
She did, I haven't played SoulCalibur but my friends who have think she's super fun.

...also I need to remind everyone that there's no such thing as "kid Erdrick". In both the original and all the remakes of DQ3, they've always been 16, it's just that the chibi-esque art style of the original makes everyone think they aren't 16.

Still, I would vastly prefer the remake's design not only for shipping purposes but also because the remakes drew a female Erdrick, whereas in the original DQ3 both genders had the same design (they still look real similar, but hey). Double the shipping possibilities.

I ship Erdrick x Isabelle btw

Teeb147

Smash Legend
She did, I haven't played SoulCalibur but my friends who have think she's super fun.

...also I need to remind everyone that there's no such thing as "kid Erdrick". In both the original and all the remakes of DQ3, they've always been 16, it's just that the chibi-esque art style of the original makes everyone think they aren't 16.

Still, I would vastly prefer the remake's design not only for shipping purposes but also because the remakes drew a female Erdrick, whereas in the original DQ3 both genders had the same design (they still look real similar, but hey). Double the shipping possibilities.

I ship Erdrick x Isabelle btw
Uhh.. an odd ship, but isabelle's a cute pup so i guess she could fit in different ways.

They did change the sprites in the gbc version, but anyway back in the past sprites were really up to the imagination. And yeah, would've been nice to have more official art back then too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Things got mach freaking bad on the Ultimate thread.
Do not mach dare to enter there.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
>Sonic racing game in the works
>Possible F-Zero game
>Persona R teased, which despite unlikely, could be a racing game
This has the potential to be the year of racing games.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I was wondering about FF and DQ crossovers, and I didn't even know this game existed, it's a party game on ps2 (japan), but it's cool seeing all the characters, and they're cute :p

Aerith here is so adorable!! <3
And I love how the two biggest villains of each series just show up and chill with them. XD

I'm amazed that we never got the FF & DQ Fortune Street for PS4. You'd think Final Fantasy fans would've made a fuss.
Actually, there were many in the community that demanded it to be localized, including yours truly, but North American S-E is a pain in the butt and wouldn't move two inches to do it.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
What happened?

And now I am worried the reason you said mach twice in that first post is because it has something to do with Mach Rider. Same btw.
A troll created an account and started posting inappropriate stuff there. The thread is at total chaos right now. I don't recommend going there for while.

D

Deleted member

What happened?

And now I am worried the reason you said mach twice in that first post is because it has something to do with Mach Rider. Same btw.
No, it has to do with Isabelle.
I was posting Mach Rider stuff to make things better... But it wasn’t enough to stope those damn triple-x posts.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A troll created an account and started posting inappropriate stuff there. The thread is at total chaos right now. I don't recommend going there for while.
Inappropriate as in rampant hate or NSFW?
I was posting Mach Rider stuff to make things better... But it wasn’t enough to stope those damn triple-x posts.
And there is my answer, please excuse me for a moment.
There is some things not even Mach Rider talk can fix. That is just a sad truth.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Inappropriate as in rampant hate or NSFW?

And there is my answer, please excuse me for a moment.
There is some things not even Mach Rider talk can fix. That is just a sad truth.
NSFW. I'm waiting for things to calm down there so I can go back there.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
What in the actual **** did I just see over there.
Omfg...
Thank goodness we don't have sickos around here.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Omfg...
Dude, we warned you lol
Yeah. That's why I like small threads better. The chances of running into one of these guys is way lower.
Anyway, do you guys think a Valentines Day Direct is possible? If it is and a SE rep is announced, I expect it to be Sora because, you know, hearts and stuff.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, the internet is the internet. good thing for mods.

moving on. i dont think nintendo cares about valentine's day, so maybe :p
hopefully this week right.

D

Deleted member

It likely has nothing to do with the series on the cover. GameXplain always uses the good old Captain as a placeholder for this sort of stuff.
I see, I only know them due the otters.
Omfg...
Seems quite a ride you have in that thread:estatic:
Lets have a few SE chicks in this thread as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I mean, the internet is the internet. good thing for mods.

moving on. i dont think nintendo cares about valentine's day, so maybe :p
hopefully this week right.
Well, they made a Valentine's day poll recently, and Waluigi won. So they at least acknowledge it.
Yeah, I really want a Direct this week. Me and my friend have been hyped for Brave to be revealed for quite a while.

D

Deleted member

Well, they made a Valentine's day poll recently, and Waluigi won. So they at least acknowledge it.
Yeah, I really want a Direct this week. Me and my friend have been hyped for Brave to be revealed for quite a while.
I really cannot believe Waluigi wont be in Smash 6 with this kind of lasting notoriety.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
;)

If the direct is 'on' the 13th, then we should be getting an announcement soon right? tomorow i guess.
if the announcement is on the 13th for the 14th then it really will be on valentine's.
just wondering for the day after, Have they ever done a direct on fridays? i dont ever recall one.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
;)

If the direct is 'on' the 13th, then we should be getting an announcement soon right? tomorow i guess.
if the announcement is on the 13th for the 14th then it really will be on valentine's.
Have they ever done a direct on fridays? i dont ever recall one.
I'm not sure, but they have a lot of Directs during Thursdays, so there's that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I believe the September Direct was on a Wednesday so it may very well get announced tomorrow if King Zell and whoever else meant the direct itself.

Also I think Japan has a Valentine's Day so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something to go with the theme of the holiday, even if it's just Joker gameplay since I guess him stealing hearts is a thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure, but they have a lot of Directs during Thursdays, so there's that.
Every world wide Nintendo Direct has been on Wednesday or Thursday. If we're getting it this week, it'll be in about 2 to 3 days.

I've checked when announcements come up before the direct actually airs (thanks to Gamexplain). Last March 2018's announcement was a day before its direct. September 2018 was a day before it's original scheduled airing, too. September 2017 was two days before it's scheduled release. If King Zell is correct, we really are getting it this week even if it's announced on Wednesday.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Every world wide Nintendo Direct has been on Wednesday or Thursday. If we're getting it this week, it'll be in about 2 to 3 days.

I've checked when announcements come up before the direct actually airs (thanks to Gamexplain). Last March 2018's announcement was a day before its direct. September 2018 was a day before it's original scheduled airing, too. September 2017 was two days before it's scheduled release. If King Zell is correct, we really are getting it next week even if it's announced on Wednesday.
I thought it was this week?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Oh gosh, I don't know about a ship, but I could see them being wonderful little friends. Geno would be so fascinated by a 2D pal in a 2D plane, too. Huh... He swears that sounds like something he's heard of before, but he can't be sure why. Hmmm.

Cracks my knuckles. I don't know about any of the others, but for Geno? Let me talk to you about Geno here and his totally canon* mom figure.

He serves the high star spirits of Star Sanctuary, protecting Star Haven and Star Road from any danger and keeping the ability of wish-granting intact. His kind are meant to do so, after all. Unlike Lumas, who go around searching for their mothers, star spirits are 'hard-wired' in a sense to not do so. They are born knowing what they need to be, and with some growth in Starborn Valley, they then set off for Star Haven, knowing full well about their purpose and their families... or, rather, their lack of a family.

Geno was always a bit of a weird case. He was a very strong star child, not like the rest of his kind. During one fateful Star Festival, Rosalina visited her beloved planet. She went out of her way to marvel at the star children, taking a particular interest in Geno and his abilities. The result was Merle (or rather, Merle's ancestor?) sending Geno to ascend earlier than the rest, serving his purpose at a very young age to hone his skills and become one of Star Road's strongest warriors. Rosalina, however, never left his mind. She'd absolutely mesmerized him, and her love of the Lumas as if they were her children had enraptured him.

A romantic ship? Not at all. However, after something like that, Geno did something no other star spirit has ever done: yearned for a mother, specifically her. With Rosalina in mind, it just makes his duty that much more worthwhile, working for the wishes of everyone while hopefully making her proud. Maybe one day, he, too, will be considered one of her 'children'.

* Absolutely none of this is canon and just me screaming about cute familial dynamics with extra conflict + development for Geno's character.
That was beautiful to read.

Things got mach freaking bad on the Ultimate thread.
Do not mach dare to enter there.
There is a reason I haven't gone there since freaking august of last year. Not just self entitled jerks all over the place, anti leak stupid attitudes, but also sick stuff like that… Support threads is where the goodness is at :ness:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
at least we'll find out in the next 2 days. well, should.

It'd be weird if it was on valentines, but maybe they have something they wanna say about love :)
<3

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
That was beautiful to read.

There is a reason I haven't gone there since freaking august of last year. Not just self entitled jerks all over the place, anti leak stupid attitudes, but also sick stuff like that… Support threads is where the goodness is at :ness:
There's quite a few nice people there, but yeah, sometimes things get out of hand over there. It's still a really nice place when people are only talking about memes and that kind of stuff. When someone brings up leaks and stuff, it tends to get ugly over there though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Social thread? Who needs that when you can discuss the sole wrenching reality that your favorite characters can simultaneously make it in and not make it in?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, is anyone else low-key okay with Lara Croft getting in just so we can make even more Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale jokes?

Edit: Fixed an error in spelling.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey, is anyone else low-key okay with Laura Croft getting in just so we can make even more Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale jokes?
I used to like laura, but I can't picture her being that fun in smash.

Just play snake vs cloud, that's enough of a funny. ;)

D

Deleted member

Hey, is anyone else low-key okay with Lara Croft getting in just so we can make even more Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale jokes?
I wouldn't mind Lara Croft in general because I hear the Tomb Raider series is a classic. Plus I think she'd be like Zero Suit Samus but with a more Indiana Jones aesthetic, which I'm down for. Nothing changes how ZSS just feels like Samus lost what made her Samus.

Top Bottom