• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

I'm begging you. stop spreading this. we agreed to keep this in private. If this spreads further, Nintendo might catch on. PLEASE KEEP THIS INFO ON THE DOWN LOW LIKE I WAS TRYING TO DO. Really, if this goes further, just refer to codenames and do not mention the game's code at all....
Info seems to have made into /v/....

D

Deleted member

deleted to protect those involved

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I.D.P.I (I. Don't. Posses. Information.)
Nothing to see here, everyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here’s the Brave Party thing. Strange if this of all things came true.
Brave Party could be a really neat concept for a character, with multiple characters acting as one or something like that. I'm not a huge fan of Resident Evil or Guilty Gear, but from what I know of they they would be really cool to have regardless. Tracer is extremely iffy to me. Aside from my (very negative) feelings towards Blizzard, I think that her whole style of fighting just wouldn't fit well in Smash.
Jack? Kojima's pic with Sakurai now makes sense.

Raiden confirmed
I was kind of hoping for him as a Snake echo but MGR Raiden would be even better lol

D

Deleted member

Someone in /v/ just said that “yuusha” can mean both Brave and Hero. Can someone who knows Japanese verify that? If it’s true, would likely be DQ.
"Yuusha" is what the Hero class is always called in Japanese in DQ games.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm begging you. stop spreading this. we agreed to keep this in private. If this spreads further, Nintendo might catch on. PLEASE KEEP THIS INFO ON THE DOWN LOW LIKE I WAS TRYING TO DO. Really, if this goes further, just refer to codenames and do not mention the game's code at all....
Sorry, it was posted on the Source Gaming discord, that's where I found it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wait... we have real **** to go off of now!?

As much as I’d love Brave to reference a Bravely Default Character, since Hero and Brave are similar in Japanese, it’s more likely to reference something related to DQ.

(For those of you who don’t know, a Bravely Default Rep is my number 1 personal choice for a Square Rep)

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Apologies. My internet is kind of wonky, but I will do as you request.

Untouch

Smash Master
Gonna say, if data for THREE characters exist in the files, but nothing for Steve does, I'm VERY highly doubting the claims that Steve was playable in August.
Not saying he doesn't have a chance though.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Gonna say, if data for THREE characters exist in the files, but nothing for Steve does, I'm VERY highly doubting the claims that Steve was playable in August.
Not saying he doesn't have a chance though.
I don't know. Steve, or at least, Minecraft's presence has been known for far more time than the second Square character, going as far as pre-E3. And the biggest part of it, is that Vergeben and Hitagi were both quite confident on it, to think that it'd amount to nothing, would be really odd.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It's on Twitter though. I think the secret's out. Not to mention, other threads have gotten ahold of it. Again, if this stuff is so dangerous, I'll never understand why leakers even play with this fire.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Sorry for Polar the info got out, but well it's out and we have to make use of it. Now I am 99% certain Erdrick is in.

D

Deleted member

I mean, we can’t just not discuss this, it’s the most interesting thing that’s happened in weeks. But we should maybe use code-names for the code names

Untouch

Smash Master
I have to wonder, is this why many leakers believed without a doubt that Erdrick was the rep?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Everything is on Twitter and /v/. Honestly, there's no way to quell those fires now. Yikes. I really hope no one gets fired over this.

That being said, I doubt that 5chan Hero Party leak is any bit legitimate. I'd especially be skeptical of the controversial choice of adding Overwatch into Smash Bros., even though Leon and Sol Bad Guy would be neat. It just doesn't seem right. Not only that, but a vague description of the Hero Party of DQ is also piggybacking off of previous info anyway. I wouldn't pay it any mind.

As for the other info, welp. Nintendo done goofed again. Amazing. They really didn't learn from last time, huh?

D

Deleted member

I have to wonder, is this why many leakers believed without a doubt that Erdrick was the rep?
I recall someone saying that they knew the most info about Erdrick out of everyone else, which is where the idea that they were planned for the base game comes from. This more or less seals the deal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey guys, what's going... Jesus, again with this... This is why you always ask permission about this kind of stuff... I get it was posted on Twitter but people don't seem to get datamining is super frowned upon in the video game industry. It's like walking into someone's backyard with an easy to open gate...

D

Deleted member

Oof, GoNintendo made an article on this. Pack it up boys, don’t think there’s a point in trying to be secret now.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
DQ8.gif

Really won't get a more appropriate time to use it. The codename makes me wonder if it really is more than one DQ protag.

Polan

Smash Lord
Everything is on Twitter and /v/. Honestly, there's no way to quell those fires now. Yikes. I really hope no one gets fired over this.

That being said, I doubt that 5chan Hero Party leak is any bit legitimate. I'd especially be skeptical of the controversial choice of adding Overwatch into Smash Bros., even though Leon and Sol Bad Guy would be neat. It just doesn't seem right. Not only that, but a vague description of the Hero Party of DQ is also piggybacking off of previous info anyway. I wouldn't pay it any mind.

As for the other info, welp. Nintendo done goofed again. Amazing. They really didn't learn from last time, huh?
uh how did they goof? it's only codenames instead of the actual character names like last time. and only hardcore smash bros speculators know who brave is (probably) referring to.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Not gonna lie. I'd be laughing hard if Sol Badguy made it in and kept his sprite-esque ast-style, clashing with everyone else.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
uh how did they goof? it's only codenames instead of the actual character names like last time. and only hardcore smash bros speculators know who brave is (probably) referring to.
It's still awfully blatant despite that, though. If I were Nintendo, I honestly wouldn't let this kind of info exist in the game's files yet at all. Keep that stuff out.

Polan

Smash Lord
It's still awfully blatant despite that, though. If I were Nintendo, I honestly wouldn't let this kind of info exist in the game's files yet at all. Keep that stuff out.
it's awfully blatant for speculators, not for everyone else. and datamining is kind of inevitable at this point. you can hide **** but eventually people will find it. might as well limit the damage by using codenames instead of the actual character names like last time.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Welp, it's out in the wild now, and we can't just NOT talk about this. It's out there now, this why leakers should mind their own business and not get involved! You will eventually get blackballed does your rep not mean anything to you guys?! Do you guys just not like seeing people be genuinely surprised?

With that being said, I can't wait to see Erdrick now! Also, I just have to ask, why is it being phrased as Brave, is that another name that Dragon Quest is refered to as in Japan or something?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Considering we know Sakurai prefers protags over mascots (see: Cloud and Joker), Slime would most certainly be a corporate pick.

The reactions to Joker and Cloud also show people want protags as well.
Square wanted Noctis in Smash before everyone involved settled on Cloud, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if Square pushed for, let's say, Luminary as the DQ rep before everyone settled on Erdrick.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Welp, it's out in the wild now, and we can't just NOT talk about this. It's out there now, this why leakers should mind their own business and not get involved! You will eventually get blackballed does your rep not mean anything to you guys?! Do you guys just not like seeing people be genuinely surprised?

With that being said, I can't wait to see Erdrick now! Also, I just have to ask, why is it being phrased as Brave, is that another name that Dragon Quest is refered to as in Japan or something?
The code has the name "yuusha" which translates to either brave or hero. Most likely it is hero as in Dragon Quest Hero. :p

Or Bravely Default

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, I have to say, congrats to the DQ fans from us Geno fans! We may have lost this battle, but we do so with grace and understanding that DQ absolutely deserves this spot. DQ is iconic and important to JRPGs, and if DQ didn't exist, Geno never would have existed either. We have DQ to thank for that.

Definitely very interested in seeing how the moveset's going to be!

Top Bottom