• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Untouch

Smash Master
Mortal Kombat is not released in Japan.
Say what you want about DOOM, but it exists in Japan.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess we can create a general support thread for a square rep if it closes, cant see it going very far though.
Keep in mind the title can be changed too. Trust me, it'll be talked about. There's many possibilities. :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Actually, the list was posted after Joker was announced, if anyone would be the lucky guess here is Erdrick. But we probably won't know until around February at the very least.
I recall Erdrick being the frontrunner along with Geno and Sora pre-list, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Can you find me this list, please? Like the leak itself.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Fly's a friend of mine so I made a joke knowing that, because the pick is likely Erdrick, neither of us got the Squenix rep we wanted.
Because I misworded it you understandably were confused.
Sorry for shooting you down. Hopefully you can understand why I have no choice but to believe it's Erdrick ATM.
Ah, that's a relief. Apology accepted.

Though, you always have a choice LTP. Nothing's set in stone yet. I just hope you don't let foreboding odds ruin things for you. I hope in the end, we can all find happiness with the DLC one way or another.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ah, that's a relief. Apology accepted.

Though, you always have a choice LTP. Nothing's set in stone yet. I just hope you don't let foreboding odds ruin things for you. I hope in the end, we can all find happiness with the DLC one way or another.
Thanks Jovah.

I do have the choice, but right now I've decided to subscribe to Erdrick. If it isn't him, I'll be even happier for Geno. If it's him, it won't hit as hard.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait for it to be just Lloyd and Heihachi and one guy (Graizen) gets told it's Agumon
And the rest are literal who's
And then we end up having Solaire as a rep who wasnt on the list XD

That said I could get behind KOS-MOS, a Tekken, a DS rep or a Tales rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
A Bamco list would only be interesting if The Prince was on it, just so I could fantasize about the amazing Katamari music tracks he would bring with him.

Last edited:

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
The Bamco list could have Gil from the Tower of Druaga as the "super influential-yet-unrecognizable" pick.

D

Deleted member

The Bamco list could have Gil from the Tower of Druaga as the "super influential-yet-unrecognizable" pick.
That... would actually be rad. With all the weapons and items there are in his game there's a lot they could do with him.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Erdrick has some ties with rather nasty ideas; that I'm sure a different, albeit just as large crowd, would take issue with.
images.jpeg

Look, I get that you dislike Sugimiya, but the "controversy" around that would likely be an article on a minor news website, some complaints on Reddit, and a few outraged Tumblr blogs at best. This isn't comparing apples to oranges, it's comparing apples to beef; they're two completely different things. Learn to separate your emotions from your logic in speculation and you'll be much better off for it.
If this rumor is true; what was all the talk about a Tales of Rep?
A separate rumor/speculation among insiders. Not everything is linked together.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I recall Erdrick being the frontrunner along with Geno and Sora pre-list, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Can you find me this list, please? Like the leak itself.
Pre-list stuff I don't have any, but for everything here's the leaks:
The original 7-character list from last month (November 26th):
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-come-on-lets-get-this-show-on-the-road-geno-dlc.446378/page-360#post-22765053
The DOOM/5chan leak from December 9th:
https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1544363780/
And the Joker/Erdrick leak from December 10th:
https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1544370354/136
https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1544370354/137

Oh, and I'd love a second pass with Lloyd, Yuri and Chun-Li on it, now that we're discussing a hypothetical Bamco list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since we’re full “**** TALKING ABOUT SQUARE” mode, I’d like to say that Doomguy from the original games wasn’t particularly gory. Yeah, the enemies were scary and exploded into blood, but it’s not like Doomguy was running up and tearing their guts out, he was just shooting them with unrealistic guns, which are fair game in Smash. Sure, the reboot made Doomguy full Brutal Doom, but if he got into smash they could just base him on the original.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Since we’re full “**** TALKING ABOUT SQUARE” mode, I’d like to say that Doomguy from the original games wasn’t particularly gory. Yeah, the enemies were scary and exploded into blood, but it’s not like Doomguy was running up and tearing their guts out, he was just shooting them with unrealistic guns, which are fair game in Smash. Sure, the reboot made Doomguy full Brutal Doom, but if he got into smash they could just base him on the original.
Knowing Sakurai he'd be more inclined to represent the classic/DOOM 64 Doom Guy and leave modern DOOM out.

Easy way to work around the gore.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Leak says Doom 64 Marine appears as a palette swap, so chances are they did look at classic games.

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
judging from how it's phrased in the leak as him being called "Marine" and not "Doomguy" or "DoomSlayer" i think it's safe to assume they're using the original games as a basis. in the original games and 64 he didn't have a name, so fans just stuck the name Doomguy to him, but really he was just an unnamed Marine. he only got an official name in Doom 2016 as DoomSlayer, and the name Doomguy was only used in spinoffs, never the official games

Untouch

Smash Master
If we're getting Ryu, I wonder if Sakurai will go for the classic blue garb or the more modern black suit.
I like the blue suit better I feel the black suit is more iconic at the moment.
170px-Ryu_Hayabusa_comparison[1].jpg

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Pre-list stuff I don't have any, but for everything here's the leaks:
The original 7-character list from last month (November 26th):
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-come-on-lets-get-this-show-on-the-road-geno-dlc.446378/page-360#post-22765053
The DOOM/5chan leak from December 9th:
https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1544363780/
And the Joker/Erdrick leak from December 10th:
https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1544370354/136
https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1544370354/137

Oh, and I'd love a second pass with Lloyd, Yuri and Chun-Li on it, now that we're discussing a hypothetical Bamco list.
I...very much appreciate this but I actually just meant the original 5 characters leak with the Joker and Erdrick guys.

She's likely and as far as I know... nobody said she was extremely likely that I know of. I do think this is her best shot though :)
Then maybe you were the one who wrote all those KOS-MOS essays earlier in the cycle. It's all blurred for me.
Stay strong. Hope you get what you want.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
If we're getting Ryu, I wonder if Sakurai will go for the classic blue garb or the more modern black suit.
View attachment 185025
In a perfect scenario, we'd get both. In a likely scenario though, we'd have NES Ryu in the same vein as Mega Man and Simon Belmont with a black colour set.

D

Deleted member

God no, please no other character list leak. This has been such a terrible leak to discuss because it's the first time we've had a situation where multiple names were leaked but only one of them could be in. It's not an all-or-nothing deal "real or fake" leaks usually are, it's a straight up death match.

No more lists.

Here's what it'd likely be though:
  1. Lloyd Irving
  2. Yuri Lowell
  3. Luke Fon Fabre
  4. Heihachi
  5. Solaire
  6. KOS-MOS
  7. Agumon
God I hate even the suggestion of this.
Bamco doesn't own Dark Souls though

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Jovahexeon Joranvexeon Jovahexeon Joranvexeon Hey, sorry if I came off as rude. Didn't mean to, was just goofs.

Can't wait for it to be just Lloyd and Heihachi and one guy (Graizen) gets told it's Agumon
And the rest are literal who's
Lloyd, Heihachi, Yuri, KOS-MOS, Mappy, Jin Kazama, Chosen Undead, Agumon (Graizen has a source that says it's this guy)

You heard it here first. I'm a professional leaker.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
View attachment 185025
They’d probably go with Black Suit. Tecmo Koei puts Ryu in a lot of their games, and he always appears with it. Don’t know why they’d change it for Smash. Blue Suit will definitely be an alt though.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
God no, please no other character list leak. This has been such a terrible leak to discuss because it's the first time we've had a situation where multiple names were leaked but only one of them could be in. It's not an all-or-nothing deal "real or fake" leaks usually are, it's a straight up death match.

Bamco doesn't own Dark Souls though
A death match is the best way to describe it.

In that case, it makes me wonder why Crono is on there. You can't fight if you're already dead.

:(

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
The Capcom 7, except six of them are Phoenix Wright and one single other entry is Miles Edgeworth

Guess which one we get
In a perfect world, both (though if Sakurai thinks that Edgeworth wouldn't work as an Echo, Apollo would be acceptable).

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The Capcom 7, except six of them are Phoenix Wright and one single other entry is Miles Edgeworth

Guess which one we get
Miles Edgeworth....... revealed to be an echo of Phoenix Wright! That's right! The first ever time an echo fighter is revealed before the base unique fighter!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Knowing Sakurai he'd be more inclined to represent the classic/DOOM 64 Doom Guy and leave modern DOOM out.

Easy way to work around the gore.
Tbh he'll absolutely use both Classic and Modern, especially since it's implied Doomguy is the same 1/2/64 and 2016/Eternal

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Then maybe you were the one who wrote all those KOS-MOS essays earlier in the cycle. It's all blurred for me.
Stay strong. Hope you get what you want.
I have ran the KOS-MOS threads since like brawl days. Most of the support for her is very strong from us but there is nothing credible at the moment that says KOS-MOS will be in. There have been 4chan leaks but I'm sure those are people trying to build support for her. This is why when I link to leaks and such I only point them out as cool but not likely! Besides, the only likely character we know at the moment is Erdrick. Namco Bandai is still in speculation phase. I dont believe the rest of the 5CH leak but just Erdrick.

Top Bottom