• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
My only question was why be so direct with Erdrick?
In terms of what he said on Resetera. He technically wasn't. He didn't say anything by name. Just that they'd be correct in only a few things, including the character, which technically isn't direct since the leak itself states Erdrick along with character alts. It's Tansut's M.O. to almost never directly say character names.

D

Deleted member

Surprising to see how things developed now, really happy if Erdrick is getting in as he is my most wanted. Just the thought of him sharing the arena with Link and Cloud sends shivers to my spine. The only characters that would remain of my wanted list would be Rex, a new Zelda rep and Ryu Hayabusa but can accept them not getting in if Erdrick gets in.

If real, the Doomguy/Ryu Hayabusa/Steve lineup would feel great even if Im not too keen on Steve (or any MS-related rep for that matter, sorry). But still seems a little farfetched for some reason and just seems to be piggybacking on a lot of info.

Last edited by a moderator:

NB96

Smash Rookie
Is there a screencap of what this Tansut has said on ResetEra because I am not famillair with the site and cannot find it.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it now.

Last edited:

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
I meant more the purple design as seen here View attachment 184975
if i recall, didn't the original Joker + Erdrick 5ch leak say he would have his male + female versions as costumes? so maybe something like this for what he would look like

it looks very close to the one you posted, but his hair is a little darker, i wonder which version they'll go with hair color wise if they actually put him in

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
The Dragon Quest love coming out of all these leak shenanigans is really cool.
Surprising to see how things developed now, really happy if Erdrick is getting in as he is my most wanted. Just the thought of him sharing the arena with Link and Cloud sends shivers to my spine. The only characters that would remain of my wanted list would be Rex, a new Zelda rep and Ryu Hayabusa but can accept them not getting in if Erdrick gets in.

If real, the Doomguy/Ryu Hayabusa/Steve lineup would feel great even if Im not too keen on Steve (or any MS-related rep for that matter, sorry). But still seems a little farfetched for some reason and just seems to be piggybacking on a lot of info.
The thing that really makes me doubt that one is the fact that Steve and Doomguy are apparently both getting revealed at E3. I guess they could show off one of them with gameplay, then do a teaser for the other like they did with Joker, but I'm not going to put too much stock in it yet. I'll definitely keep it mind, but I won't believe it at all until Erdrick gets revealed and/or Ninja Gaiden stuff starts showing up within the next few months.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, besides Tanuit, that recent article more or less confirms Erdrick for me. Or soft-confirms it.

That said, I like the idea of changing armors. His strongest armor could reduce damage from stage hazards a little and once in a while give him HP... on a successful attack. Perhaps as he gets better armor, he also has more lag in his attacks to justify the healing.

For Steve, I do think he still has the strongest chance for a Microsoft character. After that, then I'd say Master Chief. Banjo & Kazooie next, though we're talking a very small difference in chances between them(B&K) and the Chief. I'm not sure if Fulgore or Battletoads should be next in the chance list, though. Fulgore is the mascot of KI, but that's also an active series fighting against other Fighting Games, so it might keep him out. Normally that wouldn't matter, but Microsoft is a 1st party competitor too, so things that might hurt their sales can be taken into account. In this case, with Fulgore in Smash, this could hurt Killer Instinct's sales since they'd rather latch onto a bigger fighting game series, the the mascot in the other game means they don't need to buy KI to experience his glory. Of course, it's not always that simple, but that can be enough of a reason to find it too risky. Maybe with this in mind, Battletoads are probably more likely than Fulgore. Speaking of, are there any 1st party Nintendo beat 'em ups for Battletoads to essentially compete with?

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Actually two charcters being revealed at E3 makes some sort of sense so i wouldn't be surprised about that.

Untouch

Smash Master
I still don't think Erdrick is being revealed next.
I feel if DOOMguy (or another heavily Western character) is in, they'll do a dual reveal with Erdrick.
Both these characters are characters that aren't too well known in Japan/the West, but are very well known in that area.

I think if they reveal either character independently there may be people who are upset, but revealing them both at once would mitigate that a lot.

D

Deleted member

What Sakurai prefers means jack **** when he had no input in the character list.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post; censor dodging
****, so both my boys Geno AND Crono are dead? Why am i surprised? Smash speculation/hype cycles have always been ruthless to me (i'll never forget the ballot, only false hope came from that), so why would it be any different now? Anyway, Erdrick is growing on me and i'm happy for DQ fans that they get him in.

Last edited by a moderator:

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
What Sakurai prefers means jack **** when he had no input in the character list.
Not saying you're wrong but
Masahiro Sakurai said:
In Persona 5, the character illustrations are great! The game’s systems are great! The music is great! The monster designs are great! The environment is great! The story and dialogue are great! Lots of things are great! It’s a very strong game, so I’m sure many people are enjoying it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Dragon Quest love coming out of all these leak shenanigans is really cool.

The thing that really makes me doubt that one is the fact that Steve and Doomguy are apparently both getting revealed at E3. I guess they could show off one of them with gameplay, then do a teaser for the other like they did with Joker, but I'm not going to put too much stock in it yet. I'll definitely keep it mind, but I won't believe it at all until Erdrick gets revealed and/or Ninja Gaiden stuff starts showing up within the next few months.
While I wouldn't doubt they would reveal 2 characters at the same event as Bayo and Corrin were revealed at the same direct, I would expect them to be more sparse this time since they mentioned that the last one could come in Feb 2020 at the latest. Both could be revealed but I feel one character would be revealed at E3 and another one in the first direct post E3.

The thing that makes me doubt on the leak is basically no new female character(as in exclusively female character and no alt or part of a duo) more than anything, but thats just me and my guesses that could be totally wrong.

D

Deleted member

Not saying you're wrong but
Yeah so? Sakurai even noted in his latest column that "his love for Persona 5 encouraged him to put the work necessary into Joker". This blatantly says it wasn't his call but he was happy that he could work on a character he likes so much.
It's just a coincidence.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
As you can tell, I've given up.
This is such a great thing to wake up to.

Would appreciate it if one of you could warm me up to Erdrick. Lol.
I feel ya. I'm very happy for Erdrick's fans, but yeah, I can't say it's not heartbreaking for me, too.

Here's... hoping Geno's Mii costume will come back?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I feel ya. I'm very happy for Erdrick's fans, but yeah, I can't say it's not heartbreaking for me, too.

Knowing my luck, it won't.

I mean Erdrick isn't exactly confirmed but there's a lot going for him
It's over man. If you're an Erdrick supporter, you're getting your day in the sun. Be happy.

D

Deleted member

I don't particularly care for Erdrick but if he has a red haired alt I'm all in. Would still have preferred Slime if it was gonna be DQ but let's see how they turn out.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that Doomguy is more likely to be a Mii Fighter costume than a playable character.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Knowing my luck, it won't.

It's over man. If you're an Erdrick supporter, you're getting your day in the sun. Be happy.
Hey, one Geno supporter to another, if you need someone to unload to, I'll follow you so that my PM inbox will be open for you. Don't usually do that for people because I'm a shy and anxious bug, but I'll be happy to lend a shoulder.

It's rough, I know.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey, one Geno supporter to another, if you need someone to unload to, I'll follow you so that my PM inbox will be open for you. Don't usually do that for people because I'm a shy and anxious bug, but I'll be happy to lend a shoulder.

It's rough, I know.
You're very kind, but I'll be just fine. Just not a nice way to end off a very bad year. But you're very considerate. Thanks Oval.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

Can't wait to re-purchase last game's consolation prize.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I think hanging with you guys have started wearing me down. I'm starting to be less resistive about Erdrick.

In any case, I still don't believe in Steve and Doom Guy. Seems like a bit of a stretch. I don't think Microsoft is owed anything. Doom also seems exceptionally brutal for a game like Smash tho for him I wouldn't exactly complain.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Not a huge DQ fan (As mentioned before, only played a couple games in the series), but as a JRPG fan, I can kinda of appreciate one of the grandfathers of the genre being represented in Smash.

Sort of similar to how I liked Pac-man's inclusion; I never really personally cared for any of his arcade games that much, or tried any of his console games, but seeing him announced in Smash 4 was pretty big to me when the dude is one of the granddaddies of gaming, around the level of Mario even.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think hanging with you guys have started wearing me down. I'm starting to be less resistive about Erdrick.

In any case, I still don't believe in Steve and Doom Guy. Seems like a bit of a stretch. I don't think Microsoft is owed anything. Doom also seems exceptionally brutal for a game like Smash tho for him I wouldn't exactly complain.
Yeah. I think that Reimu (from Touhou) will get in over Doomguy.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Bayonetta is pretty brutal. MGSV has you killing kids. P5's plot is kicked off by a ****. Doom has nothing other series in Smash don't have

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Bayonetta is pretty brutal. MGSV has you killing kids. P5's plot is kicked off by a ****. Doom has nothing other series in Smash don't have
Doom also has Satanic references and is outright advertising the gratuitous violence as a primary feature. I highly doubt that any FPS character will be in Smash.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I understand why people are tried, but you could just, y’know, log off. It’s not like any of us are legally bound to this thread, or at least I hope not.
Anyways ultimately people are gonna be more interested in seeing the two legendary heroes fight then seeing a legendary hero fight a generic mook, which is why the protagonist is usually chosen over the mascot.
You see, I would leave, but I'm actually dead, and since I was sinful in life I'm consigned to lurk Smashboards and ****post in Hell. Why else do you think I put in so much effort here? It's not like I've got anything better to do.

There's an idea for an anime: The Wi-Fi in Hell is great.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I think a change of pace is in order, which is why I'm going to start supporting Agrias as the square rep

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Tansut aka the guy that leaked Cloud for Smash 4 DLC has confirmed Erdrick as well now, on resetera.
Welp, if you ask me, that is definitely confirmation that it's Erdrick then if Tansut is saying that it's him. At least, that's my view, given he was the only one able to confidently leak Cloud.

Temper your expectations, as I always recommend, but that just sealed the deal for me personally.

ETA: https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...wdown-of-ultimate-destiny.84900/post-16411936

The source of Tansut's claim, for those who want to see it!

No offense to any of our other insiders, but if Tansut is coming out in favor of Erdrick then I 99% believe it's going to be Erdrick. This guy was the only one to leak Cloud, so I definitely believe in his credibility.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Doom also has Satanic references and is outright advertising the gratuitous violence as a primary feature. I highly doubt that any FPS character will be in Smash.
LOL you most definitely haven't played Persona 5, which has numerous demons. The SMT series as a whole which Joker is linked to officially literally has Satan in it.
Also, just what the **** do you think Bayo does?

Play DQ3.
Warm me up in a way where I don't have to do work.

Oh hi guys, I'm not all caught up. So something new happened with Erdrick?(Again, oh boy)
Tansut, who leaked Cloud, said it was him. So pack it up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom